or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple wins injunction against Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone

Apple wins injunction against Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone - Page 10

post #361 of 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post
Your original statement was "Google hasn't yet sued anyone". Given that statement, showing a bunch of entities that Google had sued is most certainly relevant. IOW, you were wrong. Again.

Yep, acknowledged that quite early on. When I first posted that the intent was a fellow tech player, but I said what I said and I own it. But we're waaay past that JR. Keep up.

melior diabolus quem scies
post #362 of 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drealoth View Post

As far as I can tell, Apple hasn't posted the bond yet - does anyone have any idea why?

Savoring the moment.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
post #363 of 368
Quote:

As far as I can tell, Apple hasn't posted the bond yet - does anyone have any idea why?

The Apple vault only opens on Tuesdays. You should see the lineup :)

post #364 of 368
Quote:

Only because Judge Koh hasn't made a "FINAL" final ruling on a possible stay until the appeals court can look at it. I know it's confusing as heck.  Her decision may come later today.

post #365 of 368

To bring this thread current, when the Appeals court reversed the injunction order on the Galaxy Nexus today it added a footnote. The '604 patent, or Siri unified search, is unlikely to be both valid and infringed by the Nexus. Doesn't mean Apple won't continue trying to convince the court, but the judges at the Appeals level think it's pretty unlikely, finding Apple's explanation at odds with the actual patent claims.

post #366 of 368

Not sure if this is a good sign for innovation or bad sign for anyone to get inspired from Apple's technology and do something on similar lines.

post #367 of 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpadhiyar View Post

Not sure if this is a good sign for innovation or bad sign for anyone to get inspired from Apple's technology and do something on similar lines.

If you have any interest in why Apple's claims were rebuffed I've attached a link explaining why their unified search patent is not both valid and infringed (perhaps neither) by the Galaxy Nexus.

http://www.patentlyo.com/patent/2012/10/apple-v-samsung-adding-elements-to-avoid-infringement.html

post #368 of 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

If you have any interest in why Apple's claims were rebuffed I've attached a link explaining why their unified search patent is not both valid and infringed (perhaps neither) by the Galaxy Nexus.

http://www.patentlyo.com/patent/2012/10/apple-v-samsung-adding-elements-to-avoid-infringement.html

Thanks. But I'm with the appeals in this regard. What Apple is aiming for, through the legal processes, doesn't seem morally right.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple wins injunction against Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone