or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Third-Party Products › NewTech SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Universal Drive Adapter

NewTech SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Universal Drive Adapter

post #1 of 2

I have a bunch of small HDD's that I replaced with newer, larger drives going back quite a few years.  There could be sensitive financial info on some of them.  I had thought about destroying them physically, but that would be messy.  The HDD's are mostly 40 gigs or less, so I'm not too interested in salvaging them. I would just like to delete any possible info remaining on them. And, no, I don't recall if I erased them when I replaced them.

I came across this Drive Adapter at OWC and thought it might be an answer to my problem.

Has anyone at AI used this adapter and what has been your experience? Do you think I'd run into other problems since the HDD's are so old? If you think this is a bad idea, what would be the easiest way to destroy them?  

NewerTech U3NVSPATA Universal Drive Adapter USB... in stock at OWC

ADS
ADS
post #2 of 2

Hi 

I have found this product to be well made and reliable , has never let me down. There are cheaper products around most seem to have problems especially with the supplied power supplys burning out.

So I went for the dearer product and for me was worth it.

Laptops,Towers all sizes and power forms supported well pleased with the product.

Also consider buying a cheap caddy and reuse the old drives even 40GB would store a lot of Music or Photographs.

Steve

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Third-Party Products
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Third-Party Products › NewTech SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Universal Drive Adapter