or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › ūüď∑ ........ Or It Didn't Happen!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ūüď∑ ........ Or It Didn't Happen!

post #1 of 46
Thread Starter 
 
A specially dedicated thread to political commentary through photographs.
 
 
Here are some pictures that might surprise those who say that Romney has never been photographed with blacks-
 
 
 

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #2 of 46
Thread Starter 

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #3 of 46
Thread Starter 

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #4 of 46
Thread Starter 

MICHELE-BACHMANN-NEWSWEEK.jpg

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #5 of 46
Thread Starter 

Gay People Can Quote the Bible Too

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #6 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

MICHELE-BACHMANN-NEWSWEEK.jpg

 

 

That's a pathetic hit.  It was then, and it is now.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #7 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

 

 

That's a pathetic hit.  It was then, and it is now.  

Didn't you get the memo? It's totally acceptable to be a racist or a misogynist or even anti-gay as long as the victim doesn't belong to the left and the attacker happens to be a liberal.

 

Can you imagine what would happen if a Black, gay conservative woman were to run for POTUS? Blacks would spit on her. Gays would trash her. Liberals would cheer and the media would willingly participate and orchestrate these attacks. Late night comedians would make jokes about her underaged daughters getting raped. They'd want her dead. I have as much respect for liberals as I do for the KKK. I actually have a bit more respect for the KKK than I do for liberals, because at least they're totally open and honest about their hatred and their true intentions, unlike most liberals.

post #8 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Didn't you get the memo? It's totally acceptable to be a racist or a misogynist or even anti-gay as long as the victim doesn't belong to the left and the attacker happens to be a liberal.

 

Can you imagine what would happen if a Black, gay conservative woman were to run for POTUS? Blacks would spit on her. Gays would trash her. Liberals would cheer and the media would willingly participate and orchestrate these attacks. Late night comedians would make jokes about her underaged daughters getting raped. They'd want her dead. I have as much respect for liberals as I do for the KKK. I actually have a bit more respect for the KKK than I do for liberals, because at least they're totally open and honest about their hatred and their true intentions, unlike most liberals.

 

It all depends on what you mean by "conservative" - the term isn't quite a simple and straightforward as most people like to think. As regards what some call "social conservatism", the term is a misnomer.

 

True conservatives do not feel that the government should not be extending their reach into the home, dictating how people go about their private lives.

True conservatives are not bigoted, and wouldn't give a damn about whether someone's straight, bisexual, gay, transgendered or whatever other label society pins on people... as long as they were pursuing their right to life, liberty and happiness liberty without trampling someone else's.

True conservatives are not racist either... the people bothered by one's skin color, nation of familial origin, creed are mentally retarded, and suffering from a psychological disorder (xenophobia), usually passed down by their peers or relatives, and acquire these traits (problems) at a very early age.

True conservatives are not sexist, or man haters (if a woman), or mysogynists (if a man) either. Such is another mental problem which should be addressed by a psychiatrist rather than assigning political labels.

 

I think a lot of people are confusing conservatism with authoritarianism. There are many people who label themselves conservative, (and many who label themselves as liberal too) but in reality, they are authoritarian.

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #9 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

 

 

That's a pathetic hit.  It was then, and it is now.  

Newsweek is so close to dead -- ditto Washington Post in general -- and NYT isn't too far behind.  What's amusing is that "desperation mode" for left-leaning publications includes, mainly, tying to bait conservatives into buying their prints.  As left-leaning news outlets continue to fail, you have to wonder what percentage of liberals consume news.  Evidently, it is either a comparatively small figure, or voter fraud is far worse than anyone imagined.

Cat: the other white meat
Reply
Cat: the other white meat
Reply
post #10 of 46

That is the Bible for you. A throwback from thousand s of years which makes no sense at all.
 

post #11 of 46
Thread Starter 

Double use: In the past 18 months over 40 poles have been bent, buckled or broken in the past 18 months in one area of south Auckland

 

 

"Traffic signs in New Zealand destroyed by prostitutes performing stunts

Dozens of traffic signs have been destroyed by prostitutes performing pole-dances in the street to attract clients, officials in New Zealand's biggest city have revealed.

 

 

More than 40 poles have been bent, buckled or broken in the past 18 months in one area of south Auckland, New Zealand, it is claimed.

The signs, bearing legally required notices such as parking restrictions, are thought to have cost ratepayers thousands of dollars to replace.

"Prostitutes use these street sign poles as dancing poles," said Donna Lee, an elected member of the city council's Otara-Papatoetoe Local Board.

"The poles are part of their soliciting equipment and they often snap them.

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #12 of 46
Thread Starter 

pumpkin-barf.jpgthe-romney-mobile-cruises-past-activists-with-a-fake-dog-tied-to-the-roof.jpg

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #13 of 46

tumblr_m7dl9fb1hp1rnzq4go1_400.jpg

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #14 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

LL

It's unnecessary to spam a thread if you don't like it.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #15 of 46
Thread Starter 

Hey guys and galls, waz up!

 

She a fine thing O's hang'in with: Can't touch that!!!

 

 

 

U142P5029T2D486872F31DT20120717111711.jpg

 

 

But you might be able to touch this instead you Cub!-

Cougar Life Billboard

 

 

 

According to the Cougar Life website, a cougar is a woman 35 or older and seeking or involved with a "cub," a man at least five years younger. The relationship works for both partners because "they're both at their sexual peak," Buchter explained. "Older women are a lot more confident, more willing to explore, and in touch with their sexuality," she said.

A lot of men in their late-20s want an independent woman who is not codependent and does not want drama or money, Buchter said. "Cougars have their own thing going on and can show cubs new experiences. And younger women are often cranky, indecisive, needy, immature and play a lot of games," she said. As for the cougars, Buchter explained, "It's refreshing for women to come across a man who's in his prime and doesn't have baggage."

 

Chill ye'll.

 

Super cool. 

 

 

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #16 of 46

The Queen of Stupidity Michelle Bachmann with her moronic comments.

post #17 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Hey guys and galls, waz up!


But you might be able to touch this instead you Cub!-
Cougar Life Billboard




According to the Cougar Life website, a cougar is a woman 35 or older and seeking or involved with a "cub," a man at least five years younger. The relationship works for both partners because "they're both at their sexual peak," Buchter explained. "Older women are a lot more confident, more willing to explore, and in touch with their sexuality," she said.



A lot of men in their late-20s want an independent woman who is not codependent and does not want drama or money, Buchter said. "Cougars have their own thing going on and can show cubs new experiences. And younger women are often cranky, indecisive, needy, immature and play a lot of games," she said. As for the cougars, Buchter explained, "It's refreshing for women to come across a man who's in his prime and doesn't have baggage."



 



Chill ye'll.



 



Super cool. 



 



 



Sweet dude. I gotta get me some of that. Though, now that I myself am 34 in a few months, there appears to be some ladies in their 20s where I can be the male cougar equivalent and they the cub (or I guess, how it has always been with older guys and younger girls?).

I am blessed in my early 20s to have experienced the joys of a slightly older woman.

So... *puts on hipster glasses*... I was a cougar cub before it was cool.

It did freak me out at times though, especially one single lady who had like a 3 year old son.

Most recently there was a divorced lady with two kids, also kinda freaked me out because she was asking me to text her every night before I went to bed so she'd know I was OK. And we never even kissed!

It's all fun and games until you realise it's more than just fun and games.
post #18 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

Sweet dude. I gotta get me some of that. Though, now that I myself am 34 in a few months, there appears to be some ladies in their 20s where I can be the male cougar equivalent and they the cub (or I guess, how it has always been with older guys and younger girls?).
I am blessed in my early 20s to have experienced the joys of a slightly older woman.
So... *puts on hipster glasses*... I was a cougar cub before it was cool.
It did freak me out at times though, especially one single lady who had like a 3 year old son.
Most recently there was a divorced lady with two kids, also kinda freaked me out because she was asking me to text her every night before I went to bed so she'd know I was OK. And we never even kissed!
It's all fun and games until you realise it's more than just fun and games.

You my friend are a pro!

...you'll track them them down and own them and not to have to go begging for government hand outs ever again.


... Seriously though.... The sign was interesting given America's puritan public spaces.
Edited by Hands Sandon - 7/20/12 at 2:22pm
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #19 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

MICHELE-BACHMANN-NEWSWEEK.jpg

Didn't this lady make it in to the news this week for some truly balanced, well-considered and mature act?  I think this cover is right on the money.  Goodness, even Boehner had strong words for her.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #20 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

... Seriously though.... The sign was interesting given America's puritan public spaces.

Definitely. I'm glad that it was allowed. In Malaysia, a supposed "moderate" multi-religious country, even in the capital city a designer acquaintance told me even an illustration on a billboard is not allowed to have a strapless back (even if it is not suggestive nor erotic).

Sure, I'm not asking for porn on billboards, but a little chill-the-f-out is always welcome.
post #21 of 46
Thread Starter 

Oh no, someone can see my leaves!

 

illegal kitchen garden

 

"Take a look at Josée Landry and Michel Beauchamp's gorgeous front yard kitchen garden in Drummondville, Quebec. The cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchinis, beets, onions, and brussels sprouts and other vegetables grown by the couple helped Beauchamp lose 75 pounds, and Landry 25.

 

CBC also notes that the city plans to make all front lawn vegetable gardens illegal this fall. The measure would only apply to new gardens...

 

CBC News reports that if the couple fails to remove a significant enough portion of their garden, they could expect fines of between $100 and $300 each day. The news site also reveals authorities say neighbors have complained about the garden, but Beauchamp is suspicious:"

Beauchamp said no one has complained to him. He said he shares his fresh produce with his neighbours.

"They love it. Everybody is surprised by the kind of taste we can have from fresh vegetables," he said.

The couple said they have no intention of complying with the city's request.

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #22 of 46

Yeah...it sucks when other people think they own your property.

 

But, hey, this is all part and parcel of the bigger, stronger government that you advocate.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #23 of 46
LOL Cargill called to complain. They don't want anyone eating fresh, lean, non-jacked up vegetables.
post #24 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Yeah...it sucks when other people think they own your property.

But, hey, this is all part and parcel of the bigger, stronger government that you advocate.

Dude... We're advocating less messed up government. It's no point having smaller government if it is still screwed up.

Besides raw milk is a state not federal issue, and in this case it seems to be a city council issue... But all government is bad, so who cares about such distinctions. Let them all burn! Right? At least please don't take my iPad when the riots and looting begins.

BTW Since eating 50% organic foods I lost a few kg and my HDL cholesterol is up, LDL down somewhat. Recently I started cutting out meat. Just this evening, even organic meat, as nice as it is, doesn't seem "necessary". I love me my fish though, luckily being next door to the big vast Indian Ocean there's less chance the fish is jacked up with mercury or what not toxins. Or so I hope.

It's all fun and games until you realise the very foods you eat everyday through the agricorporate hegemony are now poison and are killing you.
Edited by sr2012 - 7/23/12 at 6:09am
post #25 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

Dude... We're advocating less messed up government. It's no point having smaller government if it is still screwed up.

 

Dude...you don't seem to realize that it is screwed up no matter how big it is. This local issue is the perfect example. Here's another. And here's more.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

Besides raw milk is a state not federal issue, and in this case it seems to be a city council issue...

 

Actually it is not any of those...it is an individual issue. If you want to buy and consume raw milk, you should be free to do so. If you do not wish to, then don't.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

But all government is bad, so who cares about such distinctions. Let them all burn! Right?

 

Let who all burn? What are you talking about? Are you begging a question here? I'll bet you are.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

BTW Since eating 50% organic foods I lost a few kg and my HDL cholesterol is up, LDL down somewhat. Recently I started cutting out meat. Just this evening, even organic meat, as nice as it is, doesn't seem "necessary". I love me my fish though, luckily being next door to the big vast Indian Ocean there's less chance the fish is jacked up with mercury or what not toxins. Or so I hope.

 

Was this an ADD moment for you?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

It's all fun and games until you realise the very foods you eat everyday through the agricorporate hegemony are now poison and are killing you.

 

And the agri-corporate hegemony is supported by...wouldn't you know it...the state. Thanks for contributing to the argument against more state control of things.


Edited by MJ1970 - 7/23/12 at 8:10am

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #26 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

Dude... We're advocating less messed up government. It's no point having smaller government if it is still screwed up.
Besides raw milk is a state not federal issue, and in this case it seems to be a city council issue... But all government is bad, so who cares about such distinctions. Let them all burn! Right? At least please don't take my iPad when the riots and looting begins.
BTW Since eating 50% organic foods I lost a few kg and my HDL cholesterol is up, LDL down somewhat. Recently I started cutting out meat. Just this evening, even organic meat, as nice as it is, doesn't seem "necessary". I love me my fish though, luckily being next door to the big vast Indian Ocean there's less chance the fish is jacked up with mercury or what not toxins. Or so I hope.
It's all fun and games until you realise the very foods you eat everyday through the agricorporate hegemony are now poison and are killing you.

You've hit the nail on th head.

There are some here who can't understand that because the government does something they don't like that doesn't mean all government is bad.

One of them has just dedicated a new thread to trying to make out government hasn't played a major role in business in the US. They're trying to pretend that all the government does is stifle business. The guy you've just been posting with, MJ, didn't even understand that many pharmaceutical companies have used government funding. More than half of the pharmaceutical discoveries have come about through government funding. Without that funding these companies wouldn't be where they are today. Just like the internet was developed so nuclear bunkers could be contacted by computer, the government has and must contribute funds to get things going before there's a commercial incentive.

This black and white response from these members here is all they have. They hate admitting everything's not black and white. That's probably just so they can scream about what they believe and demonise their opponents because emotions are really all they have, not facts.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #27 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

You've hit the nail on th head.

 

Well he hit something on the head.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

There are some here who can't understand that because the government does something they don't like that doesn't mean all government is bad.

 

Hey, look, a strawman!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

One of them has just dedicated a new thread to trying to make out government hasn't played a major role in business in the US.

 

Well we have a President who is claiming that government has played a major role in the success of business. So someone needs to counter that lie.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

They're trying to pretend that all the government does is stifle business.

 

And you're trying to pretend that that's not what it mostly does.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

The guy you've just been posting with, MJ, didn't even understand that many pharmaceutical companies have used government funding. More than half of the pharmaceutical discoveries have come about through government funding. Without that funding these companies wouldn't be where they are today. Just like the internet was developed so nuclear bunkers could be contacted by computer, the government has and must contribute funds to get things going before there's a commercial incentive.


And you don't understand that all of this could be done privately, without the state. Oh yeah and at least one of those was. Don't believe everything (or anything for that matter) the President says.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

This black and white response from these members here is all they have. They hate admitting everything's not black and white. That's probably just so they can scream about what they believe and demonise their opponents because emotions are really all they have, not facts.

 

Oh...wait..are you talking about Leftists all of a sudden?


Edited by MJ1970 - 7/23/12 at 7:32pm

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #28 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Hey, look, a strawman!

Well we're just guessing, because your solution is "no government at all". Care to elaborate how this can/would work? What are the consequences you envisage?
post #29 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

Well we're just guessing, because your solution is "no government at all".

 

The straw man was that the government is bad because it does something I don't like.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

Care to elaborate how this can/would work?

 

What do you mean? Are you asking me to play into your question begging here? You appear to be assuming the point (without trying to prove it) that it cannot work. You're asking me to start from that assumption and prove that it could. But why should I start with that assumption?

 

 

I mean I see plenty of current and past examples of the many bad things that governments (our own included) have done and currently do, the freedoms they abridge, the lives they destroy, the wealth they destroy, the special favors and privileges they hand out to their friends and allies, the way they punish their enemies, the property they steal, the wars and conflicts they create, etc.

 

You clearly have a somewhat dystopian view of the world without the state. Why is this? What leads you to this conclusion?

 

 

I've already asked you to explain why you think it can't or wouldn't work.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

What are the consequences you envisage?

 

Greater freedom, peace and prosperity for everyone.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #30 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Greater freedom, peace and prosperity for everyone.

OK got it.
post #31 of 46
Thread Starter 

WTF. Ryan?

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #32 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

WTF. Ryan?

 

WTF is right? What is this?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #33 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

WTF is right? What is this?

I think he looks like Ryan, hehe... http://store.apple.com/uk

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #34 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I think he looks like Ryan, hehe... http://store.apple.com/uk

 

Oh.

 

:rolleyes:

 

You have a crush on Paul Ryan or some other fixation with him?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #35 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

Oh.

 

:rolleyes:

 

You have a crush on Paul Ryan or some other fixation with him?

No, (sorry Mr Ryan), I'm sticking with- PALIN-SCARY-MOUTH.gif Sarah Palin image by XxPatzieTheHomicidalManiacxX

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #36 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

No, (sorry Mr Ryan), I'm sticking with- PALIN-SCARY-MOUTH.gif Sarah Palin image by XxPatzieTheHomicidalManiacxX

 

I love when Leftists show us their true nature.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #37 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

I love when Leftists show us their true nature.

She's not a leftist, she's a Republican. In fact she's the face of the Tea Party.

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #38 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

She's not a leftist, she's a Republican. In fact she's the face of the Tea Party.

 

I was speaking of you, genius.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #39 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

I was speaking of you, genius.

No really, it's Sarah.

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #40 of 46
Thread Starter 

I spy with my little eye something beginning with U-

 

170812top3.jpg

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › ūüď∑ ........ Or It Didn't Happen!