or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › UN looks to slow wireless tech patent war with 'Patent Roundtable'

UN looks to slow wireless tech patent war with 'Patent Roundtable' - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but are you aware that some of the countries that are most in favor of the UN getting more involved in the internet are some of the worst and most restrictive countries on the face of the planet? It's no surprise that censor happy and not free countries like China and Russia are in favor of the UN gaining more control of the internet and countries like the US are very much opposed to it. The more the UN is involved in something, the more restrictions will happen. Dictators and murderers all over the world are wishing for the UN to take over the internet, as they will be the ones who benefit the most from it.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-06-01/is-the-un-the-next-big-threat-to-internet-freedom

you do take the China money though but you still call them names and they are the one to fund the us standard of living...what a world!! like the US is a democracy..yeah right

"Apple people have no objectivity when it comes to criticism of Apple.." Lenovo X1 Carbon is out..bye bye MBAir

"Apple people have no objectivity when it comes to criticism of Apple.." Lenovo X1 Carbon is out..bye bye MBAir

post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post

you do take the China money though but you still call them names and they are the one to fund the us standard of living...what a world!! like the US is a democracy..yeah right

There're so many things incorrect in this post.
post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdx View Post

A huge percentage (> 70%) of the articles on AI's front page involves some kind of legal dispute or issue. It's very depressing. I've slowed my visits to AI because instead of Apple new about upcoming hardware, reviews of apps or software, we're treated to this legal shit.

I'm an Apple fan about it's products, period. 

Upcoming hardware? What? Since when? It's mostly rumors. This is rumors and news site not some Apple Prediction and Time-Line site. How is it depressing? It's more amusing and entertaining than depressing. Nations in Africa are depressing, not Apple's legal war. Go outside sometimes, its nice.

Apple had me at scrolling
Apple had me at scrolling
post #44 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

The UN has no jurisdiction over these issues whatsoever. Last time I checked, the US is a sovereign nation. Who the hell do they think they are?

In a way they do. Look up WIPO. Though I think WIPO is best to considered an intermediary for patent enforcement. But mostly you're right about that. I think the meeting is meant to foster some kind of discussion on how to deal with patents in industry standards. Maybe a more thorough vetting process on submitted technologies.
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

The person who gave your post a thumbs up in this thread was me. I certainly regret that now, and I wish that I could take that back.

My post was actually directed at the Shaun, UK post, not yours. Sorry for the confusion. 

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › UN looks to slow wireless tech patent war with 'Patent Roundtable'