or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Rumor: 7-inch iPad to be produced in Brazil for fall launch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rumor: 7-inch iPad to be produced in Brazil for fall launch

post #1 of 156
Thread Starter 
Adding to already mounting rumors circulating about a smaller format iPad a new report claims that the device will be assembled in Apple manufacturing partner Foxconn's Brazil factory starting in September for a holiday release.

According to Japanese language website MacOtakara a "reliable Chinese source" said that while CNC machine testing for Apple's much-rumored 7-inch tablet has completed in China, the actual production of the unit will take place at Foxconn's plant in Brazil which is currently tasked with building iPhones and certain iPad models.

The source goes on to further detail the manufacturing plans and, contrary to recent whispers, quotes September as the expected production start date which will ramp up in time for the lucrative holiday shopping season.

While consensus remains on the tablet's 7.85-inch screen size the form factor is somewhat up in the air as the source said the new device will be more akin to a third-generation iPod nano than a shrunken iPad. The prototype device is reportedly the same height as Google's recently-announced Nexus 7 but is slightly wider and manages an iPod touch-like thickness that is said to be slimmer than Amazon's Kindle Fire.

Foxconn Brazil
Foxconn's factory in Jundiai, Brazil.


Also on tap for the "iPad mini" is 3G wireless connectivity, though the source claims to have seen a handling list of carriers slated to receive the device and it seems not every provider that currently sells the iPad will have access to the device at launch.

The Japanese publication's source also agreed with a previously reported rumor that claimed a next-generation iPhone would debut in September.
post #2 of 156
Quote:
While consensus remains on the tablet's 7.85-inch screen size the form factor is somewhat up in the air as the source said the new device will be more akin to a third-generation iPod nano than a shrunken iPad.

That makes no sense to me. I could see it being a larger iPod Touch but an iPod Nano makes no sense.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #3 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:
While consensus remains on the tablet's 7.85-inch screen size the form factor is somewhat up in the air as the source said the new device will be more akin to a third-generation iPod nano than a shrunken iPad.
That makes no sense to me. I could see it being a larger iPod Touch but an iPod Nano makes no sense.

Probably a typo... must have meant iPod Touch.

post #4 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsenka View Post

Probably a typo... must have meant iPod Touch.

I think he meant iPad nano. http://cl.ly/470F0W1x1K1M1s2G0l2a

post #5 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

While consensus remains on the tablet's 7.85-inch screen size the form factor is somewhat up in the air as the source said the new device will be more akin to a third-generation iPod nano than a shrunken iPad.

 

Makes no sense to me. I checked the measurements of both the 3G iPod Nano and the iPad and the width to height ratio for both is about 1:1.3, though in truth the 3G iPod appears to look more "boxy".

"You can't fall off the floor"   From 128k Mac to 8GB MBP

Reply

"You can't fall off the floor"   From 128k Mac to 8GB MBP

Reply
post #6 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

...the actual production of the unit will take place at Foxconn's plant in Brazil which is currently tasked with building iPhones and certain iPad models.

 

While this probably doesn't count toward "bringing manufacturing back to America," at least Apple's getting closer. lol.gif

"You can't fall off the floor"   From 128k Mac to 8GB MBP

Reply

"You can't fall off the floor"   From 128k Mac to 8GB MBP

Reply
post #7 of 156

I am still wondering why, even after "consensus" on the screen size being 7.85" we are still referring to it as a 7" iPad?

 

The 9.7" iPad is called a 10"… why is 7.85" not being referred to as an 8"...?

 

Rounding-up inconsistencies…? (For that matter, I think we should always call it what it is.. a 9.7" iPad, or a 7.85" iPad, but I'm in the minority I guess.) 

 

 

In any case, If we ARE going to use rounding, IMO the headline should read "8-inch iPad to be produced in Brazil for fall launch."

post #8 of 156

@waybacmac.

 

Do you not realize that Brazil is part of America?

 

Most people confuse America with the United States, when in reality there is something like 32 countries in America.

I mean no disrespect, I just think that most People get there hopes up when we are promised "bringing jobs back to America" turns out not to be more jobs created in the USA.

post #9 of 156
I'm wondering if each Mini will come with one of those Brazilian thongs you sometimes see on the beaches there. Certainly a more interesting cover than the bathtub covers.
post #10 of 156

Maybe these are going to be the remotes for the new Apple TV sets?

 

lol.gif

post #11 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagrepa View Post

@waybacmac.

 

Do you not realize that Brazil is part of America?

 

Most people confuse America with the United States, when in reality there is something like 32 countries in America.

I mean no disrespect, I just think that most People get there hopes up when we are promised "bringing jobs back to America" turns out not to be more jobs created in the USA.

 

Anytime an Apple executive might say something like "bringing jobs back to America," he/she is certainly referring to the United States of America, not the "Americas" as you refer.

post #12 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagrepa View Post

@waybacmac.

 

Do you not realize that Brazil is part of America?

 

Most people confuse America with the United States, when in reality there is something like 32 countries in America.

I mean no disrespect, I just think that most People get there hopes up when we are promised "bringing jobs back to America" turns out not to be more jobs created in the USA.

 

Actually… the combined Northern, Central and Southern Americas are referred to collectively as "The Americas"… separately they are known as "North America" (comprising the U.S. and Canada), "Central America" (comprising Mexico and numerous countries south to Panama), and "South America" (comprising numerous countries, including Brazil).

 

No textbooks that I'm aware of refer to the three areas of the Americas collectively in the singular, "America".

 

The only country commonly referred to generically in the singular as "America" is the United States of America. 

 

 

Brazil is part of South America, or The Americas… 

 

Are we done splitting hairs now? ;)

post #13 of 156

I was done, and you are correct. I just didn't feel like going that far into detail, especially if they didn't understand what I was trying to say.

post #14 of 156

I never said anything about an Apple executive.

post #15 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagrepa View Post

@waybacmac.

Do you not realize that Brazil is part of America?

Most people confuse America with the United States, when in reality there is something like 32 countries in America.
I mean no disrespect, I just think that most People get there hopes up when we are promised "bringing jobs back to America" turns out not to be more jobs created in the USA.
Phew. glad we got that sorted out.
post #16 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalogical View Post

I am still wondering why, even after "consensus" on the screen size being 7.85" we are still referring to it as a 7" iPad?

 

The 9.7" iPad is called a 10"… why is 7.85" not being referred to as an 8"...?

 

Rounding-up inconsistencies…? (For that matter, I think we should always call it what it is.. a 9.7" iPad, or a 7.85" iPad, but I'm in the minority I guess.) 

 

In any case, If we ARE going to use rounding, IMO the headline should read "8-inch iPad to be produced in Brazil for fall launch."

I heartily agree. Moreover, because iPads are 4x3 devices, the 7.85" iPad will have a significantly larger screen area than all the other 7" products which are only 16x9 devices.


Edited by Multimedia - 7/7/12 at 6:04am

Six x 3.5GHz '14 MP, 64GB, 1TB PCIe, 16TB HDs
2.6GHz 6GB 17"HD LED MBP, Sony 52XBR6 HDTV
EyeTV 500, Hybrid 2G, EyeTV 3 HDTV Recorder
64 ATT iPhone 5S, 128 ATT iPad Air, 128 ATT iPad miniRetina, 16...

Reply

Six x 3.5GHz '14 MP, 64GB, 1TB PCIe, 16TB HDs
2.6GHz 6GB 17"HD LED MBP, Sony 52XBR6 HDTV
EyeTV 500, Hybrid 2G, EyeTV 3 HDTV Recorder
64 ATT iPhone 5S, 128 ATT iPad Air, 128 ATT iPad miniRetina, 16...

Reply
post #17 of 156

As long as Cook doesn't try Spindlering Apple by introducing the Perfroma line of tablets. If there is a small tablet it must have quality and there can only be one of them... imho.
 

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #18 of 156

I think it would be great news to hear of device assembly being moved to Brazil. I know it reduces the effectiveness of the full supply chain in China, but it also sends a message that China needs to behave manner with regards to worker treatment and the way the intellectual property rights are sorted through their opaque judicial system.

 

I'd love to hear that Foxconn was building another assembly plant in India, Indonesia, Malaysia or Vietnam.

post #19 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalogical View Post

 

Actually… the combined Northern, Central and Southern Americas are referred to collectively as "The Americas"… separately they are known as "North America" (comprising the U.S. and Canada), "Central America" (comprising Mexico and numerous countries south to Panama), and "South America" (comprising numerous countries, including Brazil).

 

I'm sure it's news to Mexico that they aren't part of North America. Does that invalidate the North American Free Trade Agreement?

 

Central America has always consisted of Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama.

post #20 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:
While consensus remains on the tablet's 7.85-inch screen size the form factor is somewhat up in the air as the source said the new device will be more akin to a third-generation iPod nano than a shrunken iPad.
That makes no sense to me. I could see it being a larger iPod Touch but an iPod Nano makes no sense.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsenka View Post

Probably a typo... must have meant iPod Touch.

Agreed, I think they do mean the iPod Touch...however, the 3rd gen iPod Touch has almost the same relative form-factor to the iPhone 3G/3Gs, just with a chrome finish back panel.  To me, that's taking a step back in design.  But I'd love it if the next iphone looked more like this.  I've been complaining for a while that they should revive the curved back panel.  Just feels so much better to hold than the current iPhone.

 

HT1353_ipodtouchlate2009.jpg

 

 

Now if they meant the 4th gen iPod Nano, that might make a little more sense, since that model had an elliptical cross-section and might add to the rumors of apple doing a curved screen.  And I don't think they mean the literal form factor of the Nano, just in theory.

 

HT1353_nano5g.jpg

post #21 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimedia View Post

I heartily agree. Moreover, because iPads are 4x3 devices, the 7.85" iPad will have a significantly larger screen area than all the other 7" products which are only 16x9 devices.

I still hold that 7.85" will not be the size produced, mainly because it's not really evenly between 9.7" and 4"(rumored).  That would be 6.85", making 7" (rounded up) a more correct statement.  Being closer to 9.7" might assume that Apple thinks there might be room for a model between 4" and 7.85".  However, i've been saying for a while now I think is going to be more of an enlarged iPod Touch, and they drop the current model.

post #22 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by antkm1 View Post

Now if they meant the 4th gen iPod Nano, that might make a little more sense, since that model had an elliptical cross-section and might add to the rumors of apple doing a curved screen.  And I don't think they mean the literal form factor of the Nano, just in theory.

LL

I guess I can how t could be a Nano-like and even a Nano OS-based device if it's just a 7" long remote control.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #23 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagrepa View Post

@waybacmac.

Do you not realize that Brazil is part of America?

Most people confuse America with the United States, when in reality there is something like 32 countries in America.
I mean no disrespect, I just think that most People get there hopes up when we are promised "bringing jobs back to America" turns out not to be more jobs created in the USA.

Really? Shut it, you damn well know what he meant.
post #24 of 156

It will be an iPad not an iPod....iPod family sales are waning, the iPad family sales is booming! :)

post #25 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

It will be an iPad not an iPod....iPod family sales are waning, the iPad family sales is booming! :)

So if iPod sales are waning like you said they are then how do you know that they might be trying to revive the iPod sales by giving iPod Touch  a radical new design make it bigger for gaming, which is a big part of the touch. Because the iPod Touch is in need for an update and I'm surprised we've heard nothing of  about the iPod Touch or have we????

post #26 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagrepa View Post

@waybacmac.

 

Do you not realize that Brazil is part of America?

 

Most people confuse America with the United States, when in reality there is something like 32 countries in America.

I mean no disrespect, I just think that most People get there hopes up when we are promised "bringing jobs back to America" turns out not to be more jobs created in the USA.

 

You are wrong.

 

The Americas collectively refer to North America, Central America, and South America (political regions), or North America and South America (the geographical continents).

 

In normal conversation amongst laypeople though, when someone refers to "America", it is really a shorthand for saying the "United States of America." This carries over to the adjective as well. When someone says "American" it typically means "from the United States of America". If you follow any international politics or international sports, you would pick this up readily. People from the USA are never ever referred to as "United States of Americans" or even USA-ans.

 

Note that in each language there may be technical definitions that differ from common usage definitions. An example is the word "fruit." There is a botanical definition which would include things like apples, most nuts, tomatoes, etc. However, the term "fruit" is used differently in commercial and culinary language, and it is these that are typically employed by the general public. Thus, the tomato becomes a vegetable because its culinary usage is different than that of (sweet) fruit, despite the fact that botanically it is classified as a fruit. Also, the commercial grocery industry handles/markets fruit and vegetables differently.

 

Realize that people use colloquial names in daily conversation and understand how the general public talks. You will need to understand context. If you fail to do so, you will be continually stymied by your lack of ability to communicate, most likely resulting in lost opportunities (in your career, personal life, etc.).

 

Good luck.


Edited by cvaldes1831 - 7/7/12 at 8:14am
post #27 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post
Foxconn Brazil
Foxconn's factory in Jundiai, Brazil.

 

 

 

I'm curious - isn't that razor wire fence topping installed in the direction so as to keep people IN, rather than out?   What's up with that?

post #28 of 156

The point of my post is to show people that if you are not specific that the government will not be. In the end their ass is covered because per definition they did bring jobs back to "America"

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americas

The Americas, or America,[2][3] are lands in the Western hemisphere, collectively sometimes considered a single continent, also known as the New World.

 

As found on the worlds most popular dictionary. which true it can be edited by most anyone, is believed without question by most American Sheep.

i would post the whole thing, but most people read the first line and run with it anyways. but for those claiming I'm taking it out of context, follow the link.

As for my life and future, I retired at 26 and am set for life.

post #29 of 156

The one thing that I don't like about my iPad is that I have to carry a bag of some sort if I want to take it somewhere (at which point I typically just grab my laptop instead). On the flip side, I have the $80 Kindle, which fits in my jean pocket and goes everywhere with me. So if this is portable enough that at the very least you can fit it in a jacket pocket, it would be a big win for me.

post #30 of 156

So many reports claiming the iPad 7-inch model is coming and still there seems a rather odd sort of product spread unfolding, if that were to in fact happen. It's hard to imagine that the iPod Touch would go up to 4 inches, be priced around $200 to start, and then along would come a 7-inch iPad costing only a few dollars more, considering the 10-inch iPad starts at only $399 with the potential to go even cheaper if the non-Retina entry model sticks around.

 

A more logical path would be to take the Touch past 4 inches to something closer to 5 inches, keep the $200 starting price, and not bother with the rumoured 7-inch tablet. This would make for a more competitive Touch and provide an alternative at a very attractive price to those contemplating the growing number of 7-inch devices hitting the market. While the Touch has been tied to the iPhone in terms of form factor, it already uses a different screen, though considered likewise worthy of the Retina designation. Such a product would allow Apple to remain a significant player in the growing portable gaming space. At a $199 starting price it would be appealing to those looking for a small device for children. Best of all, the 5-inch Touch would be something the 7-inch iPad can't be - genuinely pocketable. 

 

Such a product would make perfect sense and be the ideal companion to the current iPad and the iPhone in the portable segment. The target in developing such a device would be to give it the largest screen that would allow it to remain pocketable. No question that a 7-inch device would not meet that design goal. Likewise, the current 3.5-inch form factor is nowhere close to being the largest such a device, freed from the constraints of having to serve as a phone, could be. There is plenty of room for the Touch to, as it were, grow up, but that room doesn't stretch out to the 7-inch range. Go that far and you're into a whole other sort of device, one that Jobs deemed unworthy of his company's efforts. If the Touch had a 5-inch screen and you had a more affordable iPad ($349 for a non-Retina iPad using modestly updated internals), the need for a 7-inch iPad would evaporate and Apple's production costs would be lower being as it would be making two tablet form factors, rather than three. Put a decent camera on the $199 Touch 5-incher and you'd have a very popular product. 

 

Just because the rumours of an impending 7-incer are so rampant, doesn't mean this is what Apple is going to do. This could be Apple misdirecting deliberately to ferret out leaks by planting false info and seeing who runs with it.

post #31 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

You are wrong.

The Americas collectively refer to North America, Central America, and South America (political regions), or North America and South America (the geographical continents).

In normal conversation amongst laypeople though, when someone refers to "America", it is really a shorthand for saying the "United States of America." This carries over to the adjective as well. When someone says "American" it typically means "from the United States of America". If you follow any international politics or international sports, you would pick this up readily. People from the USA are never ever referred to as "United States of Americans" or even USA-ans.

Note that in each language there may be technical definitions that differ from common usage definitions. An example is the word "fruit." There is a botanical definition which would include things like apples, most nuts, tomatoes, etc. However, the term "fruit" is used differently in commercial and culinary language, and it is these that are typically employed by the general public. Thus, the tomato becomes a vegetable because its culinary usage is different than that of (sweet) fruit, despite the fact that botanically it is classified as a fruit. Also, the commercial grocery industry handles/markets fruit and vegetables differently.

Realize that people use colloquial names in daily conversation and understand how the general public talks. You will need to understand context. If you fail to do so, you will be continually stymied by your lack of ability to communicate, most likely resulting in lost opportunities (in your career, personal life, etc.).

Good luck.

You are correct however it is complicated if you happen to be from Latin America. Not all Hispanics are from the island of Hispanola and Cuba shouldn't be part of North America either because they are Communist. ; ) Even though I was born in Central America I was always referred to as norteamericano due to my ethnicity notably my blonde hair. That, and the fact that my parents are US citizens. Actually in Spanish Americans are said to be from EU and those from Europe are from UE.

It is nice to be a citizen of the US though as you can travel to pretty much any country in the world without problem.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #32 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by boriscleto View Post

 

I'm sure it's news to Mexico that they aren't part  of North America. Does that invalidate the North American Free Trade Agreement?

 

Central America has always consisted of Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama.

 

Confusing...

 

in Mexico they refer to the US as Estados Unidas del Norte, America del Norte, and America del Sur... 

 

And US citizens as Norteamericanos.

"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #33 of 156

Here are some ideas for sizes discussed so far and my idea for a mid-sized iPad/Touch.  Please excuse my poor Photo-hacking here.

After looking at all these ideas, personally, I'd take the 6" touch.  Perfect for gaming, slim enough for your pants pocket.  Comparable to a PSP-sized device. and maintaining the 3:2 aspect of the current iPhones for web browsing, email and reading.  Actually this size is very close to the dimensions of a standard paperback book.

 

Discuss...(click to enlarge)

IPHONE-ITOUCH-IPAD_sizes.jpg

Edit: after further comments below, I reduced the bezel on the 6" iPad image to be similar to the Nook tablet and simple touch.  But I kept the top/bottom bezels the same as before, which is the same as the iPhone.  Personally, you would not be able to hold the 6" touch in portrait view very easily, it would only be really usable in Landscape mode. That's why I showed a more iPad-like version. for comparison.  Additionally, you'd have to keep the top/bottom bezels symmetrical, and since the home button is the same size on all iOS devices (I don't see why they'd make it smaller) you couldn't get much slimmer on the bezel there.


Edited by antkm1 - 7/7/12 at 9:48am
post #34 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by antkm1 View Post

Here are some ideas for sizes discussed so far and my idea for a mid-sized iPad/Touch.  Please excuse my poor Photo-hacking here.
After looking at all these ideas, personally, I'd take the 6" touch.  Perfect for gaming, slim enough for your pants pocket.  Comparable to a PSP-sized device. and maintaining the 3:2 aspect of the current iPhones.

Discuss...

I'm with you. From your image I would like the iPod Touch 6" as well

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #35 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I'm with you. From your image I would like the iPod Touch 6" as well

I can't judge because the border dimensions on the 6" device, especially, is so unattractively large compared to the display that I find it aesthetically revolting.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #36 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I can't judge because the border dimensions on the 6" device, especially, is so unattractively large compared to the display that I find it aesthetically revolting.

Revolting indeed. I'm hoping for a device that can be one handed so narrow side bezels for sure.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #37 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


I can't judge because the border dimensions on the 6" device, especially, is so unattractively large compared to the display that I find it aesthetically revolting.

perhaps my image is a little on the conservative side, but compare it closely with both nooks...you can see they're very close to the same size.  Even the Nook people realized you need a thick enough bezel so your thumbs don't intrude on the screen...comfortably.  Everyone complained about how thick the bezel was on the iPad until you hold it and realize it's a good size.  Granted a smaller device could be slightly smaller but i wouldn't reduced it any less than another 1/8" on each side.

 

Edit: ok, I updated the image above. to reflect a slightly smaller bezel but kept the top/bottom the same.


Edited by antkm1 - 7/7/12 at 9:45am
post #38 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:
While consensus remains on the tablet's 7.85-inch screen size the form factor is somewhat up in the air as the source said the new device will be more akin to a third-generation iPod nano than a shrunken iPad.
That makes no sense to me. I could see it being a larger iPod Touch but an iPod Nano makes no sense.

 

I sure hope it's a typo because the unique aspects of the 3rd generation nano are basically the fact that it's made out of a two part metal shell and the fact that it has a metal bezel around the screen like a MacBook Air.  

 

A mini iPad that eschewed the glass screen for some cheaper, Kindle-ish looking deal would be monstrous indeed. 

 

!!eB+prwBmM~$(KGrHqIOKm8Ez36WsE)QBNRBCRLplg~~_35.JPG

post #39 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagrepa View Post

The point of my post is to show people that if you are not specific that the government will not be. In the end their ass is covered because per definition they did bring jobs back to "America"

Okay, that's not at all the case, and you should probably stop this.

The demonym for citizens of the United States of America is "American". Not "Stater", not anything else, "American". That was the intended use of the word.

Please don't try to throw the "The US isn't the only country in the Americas!" crap in a thread unless someone is claiming that.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #40 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySwitched26 View Post

 

 

I'm curious - isn't that razor wire fence topping installed in the direction so as to keep people IN, rather than out?   What's up with that?

Nah, it's just the design of that type of fence.  The coils of razor wire are attached to the angled struts and the struts face inward to prevent them from being used to aid someone climbing over.

 

I hope all the speculation is wrong and that we see a surprisingly beautiful and functional new form factor and not these obvious tweaks on the iPad/iPod touch design.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Rumor: 7-inch iPad to be produced in Brazil for fall launch