or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Inside OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion GM: Notification Center gets more social, configurable

Inside OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion GM: Notification Center gets more social, configurable - Page 2

post #41 of 44
There is a tab in safari preferences which indicates "these websites have asked permission to show alerts in Notification Center." If want to receive notification Center alerts from say, the CNN website, or ESPN, how to I do that? Do I have to be a subscriber? Or am I getting something wrong?
post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The website has to support it (I imagine zero do). Then you accept them in a standard settings page on the site itself. Confirm in your OS directly, and they should work.

OK thanks. It may be a  feature that will be supported by web sites in the future.  

post #43 of 44
Originally Posted by Maecvs View Post
OK thanks. It may be a  feature that will be supported by web sites in the future.  

I should hope so. I'd love to see Huddler support (HA HA!) moderators getting reports through Notification Center instead of e-mail. Users get updates to threads in Notification Center instead of e-mail…

Stuff like that.

post #44 of 44

I've been able to disable it. Not a "social friendly" solution, but it works for me:

Open terminal, type:

sudo mv /System/Library/CoreServices/Notification\ Center.app/ /

after it, open Activity Monitor, find Notification Center , Click ForceQuit

(or just simply reboot)

Any time you can move back that .app to his original folder, then it will be usable again.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Inside OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion GM: Notification Center gets more social, configurable