or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Google Nexus 7 parts estimated to cost $152

Google Nexus 7 parts estimated to cost $152 - Page 3

post #81 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

You still haven't established any evidence that Apple is driven by innovation - you have nothing but some inane rumors.
Even your final claim is incorrect. Competition CAN hurt consumers - at least in the short run. If Apple is forced to run around in circles and invest money in things that have no real value, that's time and money that could better have been spent on something else. Most of Apple's biggest innovations were not driven by competition, but rather by their relentless internal drive. Do you think the iPhone was based on making a better Blackberry than RIM, for example? Or maybe it's supposed to be a better Motorola Razr? It is often better to stop worrying about the competition and rather start with a clean sheet and figure out what the consumers need.

Fanboys are so pathetic, iphone 5 rumored bigger screen had nothing to do with HTC, Samsung showing there is a large market for phones with larger screens. Didnt apple say 3.5 is perfect and anything over 3.5 is nonsense. Apple notification center that also had nothing to do with android.

Android in its current form would not exist without the iphone, but its stupid to say android has not pushed apple to develop their cloud system faster or push their technology. Im sure android having a dual core and quad core chips before the iphone will had nothing to do with apple having a dual core chip and eventually a quad core chip in the iphone. 

I mean being a fanboy does not have to equate to stupidity. Without a doubt android phones such as original droid, HTC evo, SGS, SGSII, and SHSIII with google's fast development of android and google themselves have pushed Apple to create better and better iphones. Just like Android would not have existed as we know it today without apple, ios and the iphone as we know it today would be different without Android and its OEMs. 

Here is to Apple turning the SGSIII and HTC one X, both amazing products into jokes so the SGS IV could be even better. 

Fanboys are so pathetic. 

post #82 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techstalker View Post

Didnt apple say 3.5 is perfect and anything over 3.5 is nonsense.

No.

Also, use "fanboys" once more. I dare you.

😕

We really need to spell that out better.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #83 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No.
Also, use "fanboys" once more. I dare you.
😕
We really need to spell that out better.

Did android notification system have anything to do with apples new notification center in ios 5?

Answer honestly fanboy, steve jobs ghost wont hurt you I promise. 

I love apple products im just not blinded. There are other companies out their that have produced and are still producing products that are on par and sometimes even better than apple products. Google is doing an amazing job with android the next few years the back and forth will be amazing, ive gone from iphone to android to iphone and back to android. Microsoft seems to be getting its stuff together still not sure about windows 8, but I will wait before I past judgement. I don't see anyone challenge Apple with laptops, I have never owned anything but mac pros everything else seems not right for me. Key word FOR ME. 

post #84 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Kinda stale and late as a strategy to bring to the table(t) now, no?

They certainly are late, which may also be why they're going for the $200 price point.  Anyone who had $500+ to spend on a tablet most likely bought an iPad.  Apple isn't currently competing at this price point which may make people re-think buying a tablet.  I'm sure there a lot of people who will buy this tablet just because they can now afford one that's worthwhile (unlike the Kindle Fire).  The tablet market is far from saturated and Google is betting that people will want to stay in their ecosystem (read: the Android smartphone users) once it's worthwhile.

post #85 of 110
Quote:

Did android notification system have anything to do with apples new notification center in iOS 5?

Nope. Honestly. Go do some research.
Quote:

You'll be banned soon. How delightful.

post #86 of 110
Quote:

Quote:

Did android notification system have anything to do with apples new notification center in iOS 5?
Nope. Honestly. Go do some research.
Quote:
You'll be banned soon. How delightful.

I hit a nerve. Pull down notifications had a lot to do with android. Just admit it fanboy. Im going to get banned for calling you a fanboy? Which you are. Are you the cult leader?  Im i getting punish cheating on apple? 

I love my apple products but im allergic to stupidity, your stupidity knows no bounds. Like arnold "ill be back" spreading my logical technology loving beliefs throughout the land. 

post #87 of 110
Quote:

I hit a nerve. Pull down notifications had a lot to do with android.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/06/03/apple_hires_iphone_jailbreak_notification_developer_for_ios_team_at_corporate_hq.html

post #88 of 110
Quote:

I hit a nerve. Pull down notifications had a lot to do with android. Just admit it fanboy. Im going to get banned for calling you a fanboy? Which you are. Are you the cult leader?  Im i getting punish cheating on apple? 

I love my apple products but im allergic to stupidity, your stupidity knows no bounds. Like arnold "ill be back" spreading my logical technology loving beliefs throughout the land. 

Why do you have to go about it a Snobbish way?

People have their opinions, keep your open mindset, don't ridicule other just because they like a certain operating system.

Nut up, or shut up. Fandroids or Fanboi's were all the same.

I like both os's, I own a Nexus 7, you don't see me calling anyone stupid.
White Nexus 7 8GB
Black & Slate iPhone 5 32GB AT&T
White Nexus 7 8GB
Black & Slate iPhone 5 32GB AT&T
post #89 of 110
Quote:

Pull down notifications had a lot to do with android. Just admit it fanboy. Im going to get banned for calling you a fanboy? Which you are.

I disagree with TS plenty- but he's dead on here.  Android got their idea from Jailbroken iPhones.  Thats like saying Dr. Thunder copied Mr. Pibb, when everyone knows Dr. Pepper was the original.

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

post #90 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

I disagree with TS plenty- but he's dead on here.  Android got their idea from Jailbroken iPhones.  Thats like saying Dr. Thunder copied Mr. Pibb, when everyone knows Dr. Pepper was the original.

I didn't know that. Android has always had a notification bar ever since the very first consumer Android phone was introduced in 2008. Had no idea it came from the iPhone hacker community.

melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #91 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubernabei View Post

They certainly are late, which may also be why they're going for the $200 price point.  

Ummm... stale, late, and not making a profit (certainly not much of it at that price) is a sure-fire recipe for oblivion. As the bodies strewn all over the landscape can attest.

post #92 of 110
Quote:

Fanboys are so pathetic, iphone 5 rumored bigger screen had nothing to do with HTC, Samsung showing there is a large market for phones with larger screens. Didnt apple say 3.5 is perfect and anything over 3.5 is nonsense. Apple notification center that also had nothing to do with android.

Android in its current form would not exist without the iphone, but its stupid to say android has not pushed apple to develop their cloud system faster or push their technology. Im sure android having a dual core and quad core chips before the iphone will had nothing to do with apple having a dual core chip and eventually a quad core chip in the iphone. 

I mean being a fanboy does not have to equate to stupidity. Without a doubt android phones such as original droid, HTC evo, SGS, SGSII, and SHSIII with google's fast development of android and google themselves have pushed Apple to create better and better iphones. Just like Android would not have existed as we know it today without apple, ios and the iphone as we know it today would be different without Android and its OEMs. 

Here is to Apple turning the SGSIII and HTC one X, both amazing products into jokes so the SGS IV could be even better. 

Fanboys are so pathetic. 

Please ban this guy. He adds nothing to the discussions, but subtracts a lot.

PS: I changed a word (and added a few). ;-)

Edited by anantksundaram - 7/12/12 at 1:18pm
post #93 of 110
Quote:

Please ban this guy. He adds nothing to the discussions, but subtracts a lot.

PS: I changed a word (and added a few). ;-)

Oh sorry cool aid drinker, I didn't know Apple having competition and Apple competing with others that lead to new and amazing products was such a bad thing. I'm sorry I didnt bring enough animal sacrifices to the Alter of Apple. 

Do you guys listen to yourselves, loving Apple does not mean hatred of anything that competes with Apple. 

From my most loved tech product my precious ipad 2

post #94 of 110
So all this guy's posts are attacks so other members with a sole purpose of instigating a negative response. Mods, don't you think it's time to swing that ban hammer?

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #95 of 110
Quote:

Ummm... stale, late, and not making a profit (certainly not much of it at that price) is a sure-fire recipe for oblivion. As the bodies strewn all over the landscape can attest.

$200 price point because Amazon forked Android and did a good job. This is going straight for the Kindle fire. The only shock is that google and Asus were able to produce a product that good for $200. 

Producing close to ipad quality for $200 is amazing. I think were getting to a point where everyone will be able to afford a low priced tablet without sacrificing quality. And that is a good thing for all.  Being able to get tablets into the hands of every student without it costing much more than a science textbook, that is magical. And Apple started all of this.

post #96 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

So all this guy's posts are attacks so other members with a sole purpose of instigating a negative response. Mods, don't you think it's time to swing that ban hammer?

instigating logical thinking seems like a crime here. I know the Apple Kool aid taste good, Ive been drinking it for 7 years and its the best Kool aid around, but google and samsung have really good tasting Kool aid as well. In no way im I dissing Apple, they have their faults like every body else. Im just saying there are others that make good products. Just a mention of Google and the few of you that are fanboys lose it like a dog in heat. Calm down.  

post #97 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

What's your point?

That the topic of the story is cost of goods sold.

The complaints which point out other accounting topics are fatuous.

post #98 of 110
Quote:

Alter of Apple. 

'Altar'.

(And English is not even my first language...)

post #99 of 110
Quote:

'Altar'.

(And English is not even my first language...)

my apologies, english is my 4th. And auto correct can sometimes throw me off. English is a hard, when it comes to spelling and grammar it gets even harder. 

post #100 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post

Do you Apple fanboys really want to live in a world with no competition? Do you think that would spur Apple on to innovate and keep prices down?  Would it hurt you to once in every 10 million venom filled posts to say that someone other than Apple is capable of producing something nice?

The Nexus 7 is getting great reviews and is priced extremely aggressively. There's no reason why it shouldn't do well.

He's a fanboy. Thinking is pretty much what he gives up when he gets his Fanboy card. And that goes for Android Fanboys too.

I suspect that the Nexus 7 is going to sell quite well. The question now is how will Amazon respond?

I really wish Google put a MicroSD into the Nexus 7. I would have ordered one on the spot. This whole "to the cloud" needs to die.

post #101 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by patpatpat View Post

I'm not sure why everyone is harping on the WiFi only. I can tether through my phone if needed.  

If you had read any of the Nexus 7 reviews you will find that most of them point out, no rear camera, no 3G/4G and no external storage as the "not cool/tired" factors of the Nexus 7. The display at 216 ppi gets very good reviews, it's close enough to retina to not make much difference at that size.

It's more of the no external storage that Google is getting flak for. No 3G/4G is minor complaint as is the camera, but the lack of storage on an Android is appalling. Worse yet Google decided that USB OTG for external would not be supported. Granted, it won't be THAT hard to fix that with a root, but they really should have just put the MicroSD in. They have the space as evident from the tear down. They can keep the $25 Google play card and the Transformer move. Just put the MicroSD in and I personally guarantee they'd sell way more.

What bothers me is Apple tries to sell this sophisticated, educated aura of its products, but as we see, more than a few idiots are buying its products. They can't even bothered to read about a product they trash. Seriously.

post #102 of 110
Quote:

Have you read the reviews. 

Here is a few.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/29/3125396/google-nexus-7-review

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/05/technology/personaltech/nexus-7-googles-new-tablet-seriously-challenges-the-ipad-state-of-the-art.html?pagewanted=all

From big time apple product users.

https://allthingsd.com/20120710/from-google-the-toughest-challenger-to-the-ipad/

http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/29/nexus-7/#s:dsc02161

Conclusion main reason to get this tablet is its high quality. Google, and Asus did a great job. Steve Job's ghost wont hunt you down if you admit it. 

You really expect a fanboy to actually educate himself on something that could potentially challenge his worldview?

Really man. I'm disappointed.

I'm waiting for the average user reviews before I commit to buying this for my parents.

post #103 of 110
Quote:

It must really bother you that it hits many points on the head and that you people have essentially nothing to counter them except threats of banning. Know what countries lock away people who disagree with the government? Want to go live there?

Jesus. Is the moderation here from North Korea?

FYI, it's hilarious how you cite that and utterly fail to actually prove anything I say wrong and then put me on moderation. I predict it and then go and prove it.

You must be good friends with Kim Jung Un Tallest,

Edited by wombats86 - 7/12/12 at 11:14pm
post #104 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombats86 View Post

…you people…

"You people", huh. Oh, yeah. You've a bright, long future here.

I'm Dave, the meat and sarcasm guy. Notice that Dave is not my real name, but I'm a fan of meat.

And the sarcasm is just a bonus.

post #105 of 110
Quote:

"You people", huh. Oh, yeah. You've a bright, long future here.
I'm Dave, the meat and sarcasm guy. Notice that Dave is not my real name, but I'm a fan of meat.
And the sarcasm is just a bonus.

Ah yes. Ban people who disagree with you.

You'd fit right in with Kim Jung Un.

FYI: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/150965/analyst-apple-can-relax-as-google-nexus-7-is-just-another-android-tablet/80#post_2146032

post #106 of 110
Quote:

Nope. Just spammers. Interestingly, though, our auto-filter is deleting all of your posts and telling me they're spam.
Quote:

And there's this niggling feeling I have to trust it. Not sure where that's coming from.

post #107 of 110
Quote:

Quote:

Nope. Just spammers. Interestingly, though, our auto-filter is deleting all of your posts and telling me they're spam.
Quote:
And there's this niggling feeling I have to trust it. Not sure where that's coming from.

More like you're just looking for a reason to ban me. It's like ConservaWiki. Just worse (which is pretty bad merely to be compared to them in the first place). At least they let you hash out one argument before they ban you.

Fyi, you really are setting the notion that deviation will be dealt a ban hammer. Which essentially proves Android Fanboys are correct in their whole "Apple users are snotty" insult.

Thanks for proving that at least some Apple users are in fact [b]worse[/b] than some of the worse Android Fanboys.

Even worse than this fecal bag:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/member.php?u=125296

I'll save you the trouble of the ban hammer. Plus it won't make you look as bad.

post #108 of 110
Quote:

More like you're just looking for a reason to ban me.

Nah, you've provided plenty.

post #109 of 110
Quote:

Oh sorry cool aid drinker, I didn't know Apple having competition and Apple competing with others that lead to new and amazing products was such a bad thing. I'm sorry I didnt bring enough animal sacrifices to the Alter of Apple. 

Do you guys listen to yourselves, loving Apple does not mean hatred of anything that competes with Apple. 

From my most loved tech product my precious ipad 2

Are you really so completely oblivious? It isn't at all about Apple having competition (we actually know about that… we discuss those competitors all the time). Most people posting here aren't protesting or 'spewing hatefully' about competing products at all. Some might have strong opinions, but that isn't remotely "hatred"…  

If fact, as I read through this thread, it turns out you're the one doing most of the spewing (back to my question regarding your awareness levels), name calling, arrogance, and confrontation… and most of the strong negatives are directed at you specifically, and this snarky vitriol you've brought to the discussion… most of that has NOTHING to do with the actual discussion surrounding Apple's (or the competition's) products at all.

So, I am forced to shoot your question right back at you… do you listen to yourself…? "Dialogue" also does not mean hatred of anyone who criticizes a competing product. 

In the opinion of this "Apple-loving, Kool-aid drinking fanboy", you need to grow up a little, or depart the discussion...

post #110 of 110
Quote:

All Techstalker did was stand up for a forum member who was initially insulted by a post that, frankly, should have been dealt with by a mod in the first place. Why, in a forum post based on a news article centering around the Google Nexus 7, and somebody says they like the form factor and price point, and declares that they will in fact buy one, should they be accused of not "being able to afford the best" and instead deserve our "pity".

That type of post is NOT intended to incite? What was ITS purpose? Did it have anything to do with the discussion? Did the post expand upon a point?

No, it was a snarky, mean spirited comment, that provided no baisis in fact, was not relevant to the discussion and obviously did nothing but start a flame war.

Many of you on this forum seriously need to get a grip. Repeat to yourselves:

"I am not a iPhone, I am not Apple. I am simply an individual who has an interest in Apple products and technology only. An insult to Apple is not an insult to myself, because I am not Apple. People who like other products are not themselves those products. They simnply have an interest in anothers product. BUT we all share an interest in technology. My head will not explode if I hold a Android product."

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Google Nexus 7 parts estimated to cost $152