or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung sold 6.5M Galaxy S III smartphones in Q2 2012, analyst says
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung sold 6.5M Galaxy S III smartphones in Q2 2012, analyst says - Page 4

post #121 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

You might ask HP about that wrt the Touchpad.
Or maybe RIM wrt their tablet (whatever the heck it was called - I can't keep all the 'iPad killers' straight.

Haha, true. The tablet market is a hard nut to crack.

Smartphones, however, are pretty safe bet.
post #122 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

It must be really sad to be an Android fan and have no other reason to by your phone than "I hate Apple".

 

...and love TouchWiz, apparently.

A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
post #123 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Of course they plan on selling them... but the corpses of dead gadgets litter the landscape.  Xoom, Touchpad, Playbook, Galaxy Tab v1.

... and I would never ever put it past Samsung to inflate its numbers.

That's just it... there are no Samsung numbers... all we have are 3rd party analysts.

Are all the analysts pumping up their numbers from their surveys and channel checks?
post #124 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


Samsung is highly profitable in the handset market. Even pro Apple sites like Daring Fireball and Asymco have stated it. Just because you can't get an exact number on one metric doesn't mean general figures and trends can't be deduced. I'm not sure why you are so anti-Samsung here. You're usually more objective, yet i don't once recall you claiming that we can't know if the iPhone 4S is successful because Apple doesn't break out iPhone model numbers.

I truly wish you would read my responses to you more carefully. Sigh.

 

I am not going to repeat myself in too much detail except to say, again, that: (i) I neither like nor dislike Samsung; in fact, I have no opinion about them, because I don't particularly care; (ii) I like to deal with, and get into arguments over, facts; (iii) I don't know who Daring Fireball and Asymco are, but I am guessing they are not finance websites; (iv) Like I said, I don't know -- and I don't care about -- 4S's share.

post #125 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post


That's just it... there are no Samsung numbers... all we have are 3rd party analysts.
Are all the analysts pumping up their numbers from their surveys and channel checks?

 

Hard to say. Depends on how Samsung and the retailers report the numbers. Don't get me wrong. Of course Samsung is selling quite a few phones but I honestly don't believe the numbers are anywhere close to what is being reported. It was shortly after Samsung got caught lying about the GT1 sales that they pulled their numbers reports.

 

By the way... spiffs at the high end of the chain can cause numbers to dramatically change. Some retailers have been known to hold inventory just to get a prize package from the manufacturer.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #126 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post


My point was.... every quarter Samsung produces new phones. If there were millions of unsold phones sitting around in carrier stores... the stores wouldn't order any more from Samsung. It's like that in every retail business. Samsung keeps "shipping" the phones to stores... so I tend to believe they are also "selling" those phones to consumers. Have you ever seen a Samsung phone out on the street? I've seen plenty.
That's why I have a hard time believing this notion of "Samsung ships but never sells..."
And it's also hard to believe that a brand new flagship phone like the GSIII is having difficulty being sold.
Isn't Samsung a Korean company? Maybe they don't have to report that stuff.
Why doesn't Amazon provide Kindle sales numbers? They're a US company. Can the SEC sue Amazon for not providing numbers?
Maybe Samsung... like Amazon... is afraid to publish those results?
I know you like audited numbers... but Samsung does not provide end-user sales.
That's neither good nor bad... it's just what they do.
We must rely on 3rd party analysts... and they all say Samsung is selling very well. So..... yeah.

Clap clap clap.

 

You finally got it.

post #127 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

 

Apparently you are the one in need a basic math lesson, so let me offer a helping hand.

 

First I will correct the odd way in which you calculate duration. When the S3 went on sale May 29th, and the quarter ended June 30th, that comes out to a duration of 33 days. 33 days does NOT equal "2 months" by any stretch of the imagination.

 

Does that count "9 million preorders"?

A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
post #128 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

You are welcome to your "common sense." I like audited numbers.

If internet 'hits' were facts, Elvis would be living next door to me, and Michael Jackson would be dating him.
That's fine. Close your eyes and cover your ears and go, "la la la la laaaaaa". Like I said, people like you choose to ignore the facts UNTIL they fit your reasoning, ideals, propogandized mind, whatever you want to call it... You can believe what you want. That's your choice. I never believed ignorance was bliss, but you are making me a believer.
post #129 of 210

I appreciate the news cycle on this site, but **** if I know why I ever come to the forums.  Hell, I like Apple, a ton, but not it's fanboys.  One competitor does a quarter of the sales of the iPhone and you savages descend on it like a bunch of vultures.

post #130 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post


That's fine. Close your eyes and cover your ears and go, "la la la la laaaaaa". Like I said, people like you choose to ignore the facts UNTIL they fit your reasoning, ideals, propogandized mind, whatever you want to call it... You can believe what you want. That's your choice. I never believed ignorance was bliss, but you are making me a believer.

You're very funny. Really.

post #131 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post

My point was.... every quarter Samsung produces new phones. If there were millions of unsold phones sitting around in carrier stores... the stores wouldn't order any more from Samsung. It's like that in every retail business. Samsung keeps "shipping" the phones to stores... so I tend to believe they are also "selling" those phones to consumers.

You have no way of knowing how many are sold to customers. And they don't have to pile up in warehouses. It is quite conceivable that unsold phones end up getting returned to Samsung for credit or marked down and sold at a big discount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

Apparently you are the one in need a basic math lesson, so let me offer a helping hand.

First I will correct the odd way in which you calculate duration. When the S3 went on sale May 29th, and the quarter ended June 30th, that comes out to a duration of 33 days. 33 days does NOT equal "2 months" by any stretch of the imagination.

Second, lets correct the way in which you calculate rate and time. At 33 days, and 6.5M units, the S3 was shipping at an average rate of almost 200k phones per day during a PARTIAL release. Samsung would have shipped almost 18M S3 units at this rate if it had been available for the entire quarter (91*200k). Heck, this is the case without even taking into account the fact that it is just now being released into one of the largest consumer markets, the US! 

For starters, you seem to be playing fast and loose with the launch date. The official date I saw was May 3:
http://www.littledoremi.com/officialgalaxy-siii-launch-event-on-3rd-may-2012/

Regardless of the actual launch date, instead of making a ridiculous assumption that sales will continue unchanged (keep in mind that they had 9 M preorders so a lot of those 6.5 M phones sold were actually ordered over a several month period), let's look at start up rates.

The iPhone 4S sold 4 M phones in the first weekend. The Galaxy SIII sold 6.5 M in the first 33 days to 2 months (whichever launch date is correct). So how in the world do you conclude that the SIII sold faster than the iPhone 4S?
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

Third, lets correct the way in which you calculate channel inventory. When a company is NOT able to keep up with demand, as is the case with the S3, this means that shipped units go straight to the consumer. Do you really think that the US market has been delayed with excess inventory in the channel? The correct answer is NO.

Do you think that not a single retailer had a single SIII on the shelf at the end of June? If there were ANY on the shelf, then the number in consumers' hands were less than 6.5 M. Unfortunately, since Samsung is apparently so embarrassed about heir performance that they don't release numbers so we don't know how many were actually sold to consumers. For Apple, they report how many are in the channel at the end of each period, so we know exactly how many were sold to end users.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #132 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

You have no way of knowing how many are sold to customers. And they don't have to pile up in warehouses. It is quite conceivable that unsold phones end up getting returned to Samsung for credit or marked down and sold at a big discount.

That's absolute BS! Last quarter they posted $5.15 billion for their electronics division. Within that they posted $3.8 billion for their handset division with an operating margins jumped to 18.4% that was from 12% the previous quarter. I think in their conference calls they specifically called out The Galaxy S line as being huge winners for the company.

If you think they can make that kind of coin and increase their margins YoY and QoQ by storing it all in warehouses before being returned to Samsung and then sold at a loss you, anantksundaram and whoever else needs to come up with an actual argument that can feasibly discredit their quarterly results.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #133 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostcallmerob View Post

You shun the success of a competitor company to defend your Apple fanboy cockiness. The Samsung S3 is a great phone and is selling very well, leave it at that. It is an Apple competitor, but not on the scale that Apple sells the iPhone. It cannot go head to head with them, but will certainly take away people from the aging iPhone. 

I don't really think that any single Android phone will move numbers comparable with iPhone. Only if only one brand and only one model remain on the market... maybe. But as long as Android buyers have choice, sales of individual models will always be watered down by "in-house" competition.
post #134 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

You have no way of knowing how many are sold to customers. And they don't have to pile up in warehouses. It is quite conceivable that unsold phones end up getting returned to Samsung for credit or marked down and sold at a big discount.

Why is it inconceivable that Samsung sells a lot of phones?

Don't forget... Android has 50% of the worldwide smartphone market... and Samsung makes up the majority of that. Sorry... Samsung is a big deal... and I say this as an iPhone user...

As for unsold phones... any huge amount of returns would show up on their quarterly results. They'd have to give that money back... ya know.

It would be front page news if retailers were returning millions of unsold Samsung phones... but I haven't heard anything about that.
post #135 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post

The only company in the industry who gives actual sales numbers is Apple. They never report shipped it is always "sold" numbers.

Sold to whom?
post #136 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

It's simply that I don't believe the numbers that are regularly trotted out by people like you, since they are based on surmise and estimates rather than actual facts.

 

The numbers I quoted are in the main story - I don't have my own set of numbers.

 

I don't necessarily believe the numbers either - Samsung or Apple numbers. What's more useful is how they point to a trend - who's on the up and who's on the down.

post #137 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


I don't doubt that it's popular and will sell millons.
However, I have to question the sanity of a purchasing decision by someone whose main criterion is that they hate the competition. It must be really sad to be an Android fan and have no other reason to by your phone than "I hate Apple".
You might ask HP about that wrt the Touchpad.

 

It already has sold millions so I think that boat has sailed. That really doesn't bother me coz like I said before I doubt those people would have bought an iPhone anyway. It's like the MS Surface - even if it was a really good product I still wouldn't buy it over the iPad coz I've had so many bad experiences with MS stuff that I just don't want to know them anymore.

post #138 of 210

Samsung claim the S III is selling well:

 

 

Quote:

Samsung Galaxy S II hits 3m sales in 55 days, boosts Europe

updated 01:30 am EDT, Sun July 3, 2011

 

Samsung breaks own record with Galaxy S II sales


Samsung on Sunday crossed a company record by selling three million Galaxy S II phones in 55 days. The Android flagship hit its milestone 30 days faster than the original Galaxy S. At its peak, Galaxy S II phones have been selling at a rate of one every 1.5 seconds.

Much of that success comes from Europe, Samsung said. The dual-core device "dramatically increased' Samsung's phone market share in the continent. Austria and Switzerland were the highlights regardless of devices: at 30 percent and 36 percent of the smartphone market in each country, the Korean badge was out in front. Samsung has also been the top smartphone label in the UK for the past 17 weeks, although only a few of those could have been affected by the Galaxy S II.

The company now expects to get to the 10 million mark sooner than for the original Galaxy S. Its full hand also hasn't been played yet as the company is widely if unofficially known to be bringing the Galaxy S II to the US in the summer. A significant part of Samsung's international expansion for the phone also has yet to take root.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/07/03/samsung.breaks.own.record.with.galaxy.s.ii.sales/

 

and:

 

Quote:
Samsung's Latest Galaxy S III Set New Record
    
Tuesday, July 10th, 2012
Korea IT Times (info@koreaittimes.com)
Park Jeong-jun (info@koreaittimes.com)

Galaxy S III Release
SEOUL, KOREA — Samsung Electronics' latest smartphone brand, 'Galaxy S' III LTE model set a new sales record in Korea on its first day of release. On 9, the largest IT company in Korea announced that more than 50,000 people began a new Galaxy experience via three biggest Korean telecommunication groups (LG U+, KT, and SKT), five and two times higher than each Galaxy S with 10,000 and Galaxy S II, 24,000 previsouly.
Customers stormed several mobile shops across the peninsula. but some had to return home Galaxy-less due to a technical jam and lack of sales staff.

 

 

I know from other forums that the S III is a very popular device with many people choosing them - so is the iPhone.  The US is probably Apple's safest market.  I am not surprised many AI posters do not have personal anecdotal evidence of the popularity of Samsung devices, as they do not have the same prominence in the US market that Apple has.  Outside the US, Samsung phones are very popular.  In my family there are three Samsung phones in use and one Nokia.

post #139 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


Whoa, wh… "some"? lol.gif
Are they called the same model? Are people aware of these differences?

The International version uses quad-core processors. Unfortunately those processors are not yet compatible with the US's LTE networks. Compatible processors should be available later this year. To be able to take advantage of our 4G networks they had to use dual-core Snapdragon's here. 

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #140 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


For starters, you seem to be playing fast and loose with the launch date. The official date I saw was May 3:
http://www.littledoremi.com/officialgalaxy-siii-launch-event-on-3rd-may-2012/

 

Apparently you have made the false assumption that all companies operate the same as Apple and begin releasing their product immediately after they announce them. Even though the S3 launch date took place on the 3rd, they did not begin selling it until the EMEA region on the 29th.

 

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2012/05/29/samsung-galaxy-s3-big-launch-to-28-countries/

 

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


Regardless of the actual launch date, instead of making a ridiculous assumption that sales will continue unchanged (keep in mind that they had 9 M preorders so a lot of those 6.5 M phones sold were actually ordered over a several month period), let's look at start up rates.

 

This article has nothing to do with sales, it has to do with units shipped. None of the preorders in the US were shipped in June and are just now being released. With how large the US consumer market is, it seems more than reasonable that the shortfall of 3.5M could be attributed to these delays.

 

What is so ridiculous about my assumptions on sales continuing unchanged? Considering that Samsung can STILL not keep up with demand, this seems more than reasonable. Apparently most analysts agree with me as well with an estimate of 15M units sold in Q3.

 

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

The iPhone 4S sold 4 M phones in the first weekend. The Galaxy SIII sold 6.5 M in the first 33 days to 2 months (whichever launch date is correct). So how in the world do you conclude that the SIII sold faster than the iPhone 4S?

 

I never suggested that the SIII sold faster than the iPhone 4S. I was merely correcting you for your GROSSLY understated numbers. It appears that the straw man argument is a very popular tactic for you as this is the second time you are being called out for it in this article alone!


Edited by e_veritas - 7/13/12 at 5:17am
post #141 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScartArt View Post

I think it is selling better than people here would like to believe. The phone certainly isn't being given away either, prices are quite high.

 

I personally know of a couple of people who have upgraded from an iPhone 4 to the Galaxy S III and are very happy. I've spent a little time with it, it's nice but too big IMO.

 

I'm sorry, but when you used the word "upgraded" you came across as paid to write something here...

 

This would be some clever PR… "l know a couple of people who have "upgraded" (implies it's a step up)… they are very happy (says it's a very satisfactory product). I spent time with it (it was good enough to consider)... it's nice (worth having)… it's too big for me (whatever, that's a prerequisite disclaimer… makes it look like you're not personally vested… but the job is done, "consideration" seeds planted). 

 

That is what we in the marketing world call a "word of mouth recommendation", one of the single most effective forms of advertising… "Although it's not for me, my FRIENDS say it's great…" is exactly that...

post #142 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuffOfInterest View Post

 

I actually just switched from my iPhone 3G (have to give it credit for holding up for four years) to a GS3.  Sorry, but the Apple ecosystem just didn't appeal to me anymore.  Plus, I just couldn't live with a 3.5" screen.  Competition is good and if Apple steps up its game I'll consider switching back in a couple of years.

 

Interesting… a product like this (a mobile electronics product) "holds up" for FOUR YEARS and you switch away from that brand? Why would you ever do that? Because of a .5" screen size difference?

 

And what is it about the "Apple ecosystem" that stopped appealing to you (meaning, it appealed before but doesn't anymore…)? Was it the addition of iCloud? The well-established application market? The feature sets of iOS 5 and (soon-to-be-released) 6?

 

Going from a 3G to a 4S is a pretty substantial upgrade… everything. Retina display, cameras, memory, speed, Siri, and so on… I don't know what they haven't "stepped up" with in their 'game'...

 

Finally, you "just switched" and did so with a next-gen iPhone in the pipeline (close enough that sales are already dropping in the channel)? "Maybe" you'll go back in a couple of years? 

 

And you come HERE to tell us about this?

 

Really, you write as if you're disappointed with Apple… after using an iPhone that held up for four years… 

 

Either not too clever, or paid to be here...

post #143 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalogical View Post

Interesting… a product like this (a mobile electronics product) "holds up" for FOUR YEARS and you switch away from that brand? Why would you ever do that? Because of a .5" screen size difference?

And what is it about the "Apple ecosystem" that stopped appealing to you (meaning, it appealed before but doesn't anymore…)? Was it the addition of iCloud? The well-established application market? The feature sets of iOS 5 and (soon-to-be-released) 6?

Going from a 3G to a 4S is a pretty substantial upgrade… everything. Retina display, cameras, memory, speed, Siri, and so on… I don't know what they haven't "stepped up" with in their 'game'...

Finally, you "just switched" and did so with a next-gen iPhone in the pipeline (close enough that sales are already dropping in the channel)? "Maybe" you'll go back in a couple of years? 

And you come HERE to tell us about this?

Really, you write as if you're disappointed with Apple… after using an iPhone that held up for four years… 

Either not too clever, or paid to be here...

Or just plain lying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

The International version uses quad-core processors. Unfortunately those processors are not yet compatible with the US's LTE networks. Compatible processors should be available later this year. To be able to take advantage of our 4G networks they had to use dual-core Snapdragon's here. 

This is hilarious. So there's no fragmentation. Except the Galaxy SIII which is quad core in International versions and dual core in the US. But at some time in the near future, the US version will have quad cores. /s
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #144 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post
Except the Galaxy SIII which is quad core in International versions and dual core in the US. But at some time in the near future, the US version will have quad cores. /s

Doubtful. I think the US version of the S3 will always use the dual-core Snapdragon. Samsung has actually done a pretty good job resisting the telcos typical pressure for "special" versions with "special" features on the S3. It appears they're now big enough and have enough influence to call their own shots for the most part. That's an area that Apple's excels in.


Edited by Gatorguy - 7/13/12 at 7:30am
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #145 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

...and love TouchWiz, apparently.


And if you do not, unlike Apple, it can be quickly and easily changed.  I hate Touch Wiz and use ADW Launcher.  Heck if I have an Samsung phone but love the HTC Sense launcher, I can get it and HTC does not try and sue me.

post #146 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post


That's just it... there are no Samsung numbers... all we have are 3rd party analysts.
Are all the analysts pumping up their numbers from their surveys and channel checks?


You also have Samsung's massive quarterly profits.  I am willing to bet that money was not given too them, the actually sold stuff or you can believe they built 6.5 million phones and stashed them in a warehouse somewhere and called them sold because they "shipped" them.  Sure, that theory works too.

post #147 of 210
All Apple forums have been invaded by Android shills. It's no fun anymore. What are they even doing here? I'm signing out forever. Which is just what they want. But whatever. Please close these forums.

It used to be a place where we got together having fun talking about Apple, and Apple stuff. Talking about our favorite company who makes great stuff for us and lots of people around the world. And also being critical of Apple, but because as Apple fans we care. Now the only thing there is left on these forums is constantly having to defend Apple to who? Android shills? Who cares? They only want to brag about how Apple's butt is being kicked. Ignoring that as a single brand, Apple is doing just fine. iOS platform (iPod touch, iPhone, iPad) is doing just fine, year over year. If you like Android, fine. If you love that Android market share is getting bigger. Fine. Don't go to Apple forums, go to Android forums to rejoice.

Why does Apple has to lose for Android to win? But that's the attitude. They call Apple fans ignorant and conceited. Look into the mirror, I'd say. Apple is doing fine. I still think iPhone is a wonderful product that captures the hearts of many people, because of Apple's commitment to detail and experience. And we have the right as Apple fans to express our belief that we think Apple products are great. These are our boards, despite the web being open.

AppleInsider has to stop posting topics about other companies. It is polluting the Apple community. I'm out. First it was Microsoft shills, now Android shills. Funny that I'm now loving Microsoft and MS fans more than Android fans. Who would have thought?
post #148 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostcallmerob View Post

You shun the success of a competitor company to defend your Apple fanboy cockiness. The Samsung S3 is a great phone and is selling very well, leave it at that. It is an Apple competitor, but not on the scale that Apple sells the iPhone. It cannot go head to head with them, but will certainly take away people from the aging iPhone. 

 

I would not cal it an Apple competitor.  My guess is that they will take sales from other Android phone makers and not from Apple.  The bleed is to iPhones, not the other way around in my opinion.

post #149 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F. View Post

All Apple forums have been invaded by Android shills. It's no fun anymore. What are they even doing here? I'm signing out forever. Which is just what they want. But whatever. Please close these forums.
It used to be a place where we got together having fun talking about Apple, and Apple stuff. Talking about our favorite company who makes great stuff for us and lots of people around the world. And also being critical of Apple, but because as Apple fans we care. Now the only thing there is left on these forums is constantly having to defend Apple to who? Android shills? Who cares? They only want to brag about how Apple's butt is being kicked. Ignoring that as a single brand, Apple is doing just fine. iOS platform (iPod touch, iPhone, iPad) is doing just fine, year over year. If you like Android, fine. If you love that Android market share is getting bigger. Fine. Don't go to Apple forums, go to Android forums to rejoice.
Why does Apple has to lose for Android to win? But that's the attitude. They call Apple fans ignorant and conceited. Look into the mirror, I'd say. Apple is doing fine. I still think iPhone is a wonderful product that captures the hearts of many people, because of Apple's commitment to detail and experience. And we have the right as Apple fans to express our belief that we think Apple products are great. These are our boards, despite the web being open.
AppleInsider has to stop posting topics about other companies. It is polluting the Apple community. I'm out. First it was Microsoft shills, now Android shills. Funny that I'm now loving Microsoft and MS fans more than Android fans. Who would have thought?

It is a two way street. Some are trolling android forums to comment against android. Others are coming into apple insider to do the same. Well, we don't know who started it. But why don't people enjoy their own devices and stop name calling and marketing like they are brand ambassadors.

post #150 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnraghu View Post

It is a two way street. Some are trolling android forums to comment against android.

No, I've never see that. Could you provide some links?

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #151 of 210

JP Morgan? Pffftttt. Why would I believe an analyst from a company that just "lost" another 4.4 Billion dollars? Yeah, sure. These guys know what they are talking about....

post #152 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F. View Post

All Apple forums have been invaded by Android shills. It's no fun anymore. What are they even doing here? I'm signing out forever.

See ya, its called the real world and in the real world people have opinions other than yours.  Many come here because they own Apple products but refuse to take two knees and drink from the fountain.

post #153 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrfu31 View Post

JP Morgan? Pffftttt. Why would I believe an analyst from a company that just "lost" another 4.4 Billion dollars? Yeah, sure. These guys know what they are talking about....


HaHaHa, clueless much?

post #154 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post

don't you understand that Apple fanatics only think that Apple is the only company that tell the truth while the other are just cheaters? They just cannot take it that the galaxy S3 is successful and actually way superior than the iphone 4s 

but it isn't.. UI is slower and clunkier, apps have less quality, especially demanding ones and everything is slower (besides network) or as fast as the iPhone.

 

it also is ugly (but that's relative) with a real dark screen (the htc one is so much better). it also is and feels "cheaper".

 

It is good, but far from iPhone good. and the iPhone is 8 months old.

 

But if for some reason you want a big screen and huge phone, it is a better choice than an iPhone, if you are blind and cannot see how great the htc one is.

post #155 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

but it isn't.. UI is slower and clunkier, apps have less quality, especially demanding ones and everything is slower (besides network) or as fast as the iPhone.

 

it also is ugly (but that's relative) with a real dark screen (the htc one is so much better). it also is and feels "cheaper".

 

It is good, but far from iPhone good. and the iPhone is 8 months old.

 

But if for some reason you want a big screen and huge phone, it is a better choice than an iPhone, if you are blind and cannot see how great the htc one is.


But these statements are just not true.  I own a GSII LTE and it runs flawless and very smooth, period.  The problem here is many people make claims as you did and never actually used the phone for real.  Picking it up in a store or grabbing a friends does not constitute use.  My iPad gets sluggish all the time and needs a reboot, for me to hand it off to someone and they use it in that state is unfair.  I have used my S2 for 9 months with no issues and love it.  To say apps are less quality is another FUD, not true.  Are there instances, sure, goes both ways, I have apps on my S2 that are far better than on my iPad, example..... Any Google product, no duh but true.  I pick up my wifes iPhone4 and it kills me, I do not care how may pixles her little screen uses, it is a bear to use compared to my phone.  And apparently I have man hands because I have no issues using my phone with one hand.

post #156 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post


But these statements are just not true.  I own a GSII LTE and it runs flawless and very smooth, period.  The problem here is many people make claims as you did and never actually used the phone for real.  Picking it up in a store or grabbing a friends does not constitute use.  My iPad gets sluggish all the time and needs a reboot, for me to hand it off to someone and they use it in that state is unfair.  I have used my S2 for 9 months with no issues and love it.  To say apps are less quality is another FUD, not true.  Are there instances, sure, goes both ways, I have apps on my S2 that are far better than on my iPad, example..... Any Google product, no duh but true.  I pick up my wifes iPhone4 and it kills me, I do not care how may pixles her little screen uses, it is a bear to use compared to my phone.  And apparently I have man hands because I have no issues using my phone with one hand.

it does not run flawless and very smooth. it can not run as smooth as iOS, it just CAN't, literally. It wasn't made for that, it CAN'T do that. that's why jelly bean is already out there and jelly bean's goal is to eliminate the overall clunkiness and lag. If you understand something about android and how it really works and if you have real usage experience with it (like i do), you wouldn't even try to say that. it isn't as smooth as iOS (it can be smooth with overpowered hardware, but it can't be AS SMOOTH AS iOS. period).

 

Not all apps have less quality (usually the most vulgar ones are copies) but the most complex and demanding ones (when available for android)? YES. your blind fanboyism and lack of decent neural activity does not make that less true. try and open the same thing (vulgar apps, besides Facebook with their problems) on a galaxy s3 and an iPhone 4 (single core..) and you will get a nice surprise.

 

The s2 is "lesser" phone than the iPhone 4 in pretty much every department. the same applies with the next generation of both devices. (i'm not even mention upgrades, good luck with having jelly bean when it was announced).

post #157 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F. View Post

All Apple forums have been invaded by Android shills.

Unfortunately, that has always been the case. Fifteen years ago, it was Windows shills. Later, it was RealAudio shills. Now it's Android shills. If Apple really does release an HDTV, it will be Sony shills.

Again, I have to wonder about the mental stability of people who do that. I can certainly understand people who like a product and want to talk about it and who go to a forum like this one to share stories. I can also understand someone who likes a product enough that they go to a forum to pick up rumors on what future versions are like. Those are both normal behaviors.

What I can't understand is people who don't use a product and are product to announce that they wouldn't be caught dead using a product who then go to a forum about that product and spread incessant lies and FUD. I can't think of any rational reason to do so and have therefore concluded that it's some type of mental illness. Possibly narcissistic personality disorder or the related histrionic personality disorder. They should really seek medical attention.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #158 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

it does not run flawless and very smooth. it can not run as smooth as iOS, it just CAN't, literally. It wasn't made for that, it CAN'T do that. that's why jelly bean is already out there and jelly bean's goal is to eliminate the overall clunkiness and lag. If you understand something about android and how it really works and if you have real usage experience with it (like i do), you wouldn't even try to say that. it isn't as smooth as iOS (it can be smooth with overpowered hardware, but it can't be AS SMOOTH AS iOS. period).

 

Not all apps have less quality (usually the most vulgar ones are copies) but the most complex and demanding ones (when available for android)? YES. your blind fanboyism and lack of decent neural activity does not make that less true. try and open the same thing (vulgar apps, besides Facebook with their problems) on a galaxy s3 and an iPhone 4 (single core..) and you will get a nice surprise.

 

The s2 is "lesser" phone than the iPhone 4 in pretty much every department. the same applies with the next generation of both devices. (i'm not even mention upgrades, good luck with having jelly bean when it was announced).


Based on my ACTUAL use, you are plain wrong.  Step out of the basement, stop reading year old reviews and try something other than an Apple product and you may be shocked.  My wife has an iPhone 4, I have a GS2 LTE and my GS2 crushes it in every angle, screen, use, keyboard whatever, my phone is better, end of story.  This is my opinion based on actually, long term use not someone elses opinion I read or a friend of a friends phone quick use. I own the products I am basing my opinion on.  And apparently, 6.5 million people feel the same way because they purchased a GS3 over an Apple product.  Not because some slick carrier salesman tricked them, or they are uninformed or whatever other reason the shills dream up but because they like it, they wanted it and they bought it and it costs $49 more dollars than a base iPhone so cheap does not factor in.


Edited by Hellacool - 7/13/12 at 10:04am
post #159 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


No, I've never see that. Could you provide some links?

 

I am happy you say that. This means you have never trolled on android forum. This is good.

 

http://phandroid.com/2012/07/13/samsung-opens-up-first-retail-store-in-canada-apples-not-gonna-like-this-video/

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-opens-stand-alone-retail-store-vancouver-north-america-100863/

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/128575-galaxy-s3-did-samsung-just-out-iphone-apple

 

Well this is just a sample from today. I have both iOS and android products and I like both variations for their own benefits. I am regularly on both apple and android forums. I see this trolls both ways. So we will have to live with it.

post #160 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnraghu View Post

I am happy you say that. This means you have never trolled on android forum. This is good.

"Do unto others," you know.

Ugh, okay, anything that ISN'T based in Disqus? I have that blocked. lol.gif Man, that Samsung store, though…

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung sold 6.5M Galaxy S III smartphones in Q2 2012, analyst says