or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple contacts US carriers, resellers to enforce Samsung product ban

Apple contacts US carriers, resellers to enforce Samsung product ban - Page 2

post #41 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Apple, doing what it does best: using the legal system to do business.

If you cant compete, litigate!

Hey, there it is! lol.gif

This needs to be a bannable statement.

👹

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #42 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Getting an injunction is one mountain climbed, getting it enforced is another. Local law enforcement have bigger fish to fry than a retailer selling devices.

Since it was in federal court, do the local boys even have the authority or is it left up to Federal Agents to enforce?

post #43 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherd View Post

Since it was in federal court, do the local boys even have the authority or is it left up to Federal Agents to enforce?

It's exactly that reason why it's difficult to enforce, the FBI isn't going to send its agents to enforce an injunction of a electronic device, and the local law enforcement will get to it whenever they can if at all.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
post #44 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Apple, doing what it does best: using the legal system to do business.

If you cant compete, litigate!

Do you really care if Coke is suing Pepsi? 

post #45 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

...and now the latest in the Galaxy Nexus injunction saga. It looks like the appeals court will continue to stay any injunction on it, perhaps into August at least. Sales will be allowed to continue for the time-being.

http://www.cafc.uscourts.gov/images/stories/opinions-orders/2012-1507.7-13-12.2.pdf

Why is that?

That document shows Samsung and Apple have until the listed times to put forward their reasons as to why the stay should be lifted or remain.

It doesn't look like anything of the sort until it is ruled on.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #46 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Why is that?

That document shows Samsung and Apple have until the listed times to put forward their reasons as to why the stay should be lifted or remain.

It doesn't look like anything of the sort until it is ruled on.

I'm not sure what you're asking. What doesn't look like "anything of the sort"?

melior diabolus quem scies
post #47 of 53
In all honesty, I could care less what Apple, Samsung, Google, etc., engage in as far as their respective legal depts. do. I'm nether proud, nor disgusted, nor do I think any one party is "the bad guy" that so many people seem to like to portray Apple as.

I used to love a good fight between Microsoft and Apple, but MS is so far back in Apple's rear view mirror, they most often show up in "Other" in most Apple's pie charts. haha

(Mid-2012) 15.4" MacBook Pro w/ IPS Retina Display | Quad Core i7-3720QM 2.6GHz / 3.6GHz Max. Turbo | 16GB DDR3-1600MHz RAM | 256GB Samsung 830 SSD-based NAND Flash ETA 9/5

(Mid-2012) 15.4" MacBook Pro w/ IPS Retina Display | Quad Core i7-3720QM 2.6GHz / 3.6GHz Max. Turbo | 16GB DDR3-1600MHz RAM | 256GB Samsung 830 SSD-based NAND Flash ETA 9/5

post #48 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Hey, there it is! lol.gif
This needs to be a bannable statement.
👹

Why? It is just an opinion. At least, he is not insulting anyone in person.
post #49 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

Why? It is just an opinion.

No, it's pure lies and FUD. It's a nonsensical belief based on absolutely no fact or reason. I can have the opinion that giraffes are purple, but I don't have to be respected or acknowledged for that opinion, particularly if I keep it up when shown otherwise.

post #50 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch View Post

In all honesty, I could care less what Apple, Samsung, Google, etc., engage in as far as their respective legal depts. do. I'm nether proud, nor disgusted, nor do I think any one party is "the bad guy" that so many people seem to like to portray Apple as.
I used to love a good fight between Microsoft and Apple, but MS is so far back in Apple's rear view mirror, they most often show up in "Other" in most Apple's pie charts. haha

There's Apple, Microsoft, Oracle, British Telecom, Gemalto, Nokia, Fujifilm and others all suing over Android's allegedly stolen features and already there has been proven infringement.

Smoke, fire and all that.

post #51 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

There's Apple, Microsoft, Oracle, British Telecom, Gemalto, Nokia, Fujifilm and others all suing over Android's allegedly stolen features and already there has been proven infringement.

Smoke, fire and all that.

Name a company that's not a proven infringer. If the number of lawsuits filed against a company for allegations of IP misuse is an indication of a whether they're a serial offender....

post #52 of 53
What's all this namby-pamby letter writing stuff. Apple needs to send in this m*f*r. Get all Chinese (as in China, you PC thugs) on Samsung's derriere. No Galaxy Tab for you!

The name's Yam. Mr. Yam. When the tough gets going, Mr. Yam gets tough. This guy eats ripoff merchants for breakfast.

Edited by sr2012 - 7/15/12 at 5:53pm
post #53 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Name a company that's not a proven infringer. If the number of lawsuits filed against a company for allegations of IP misuse is an indication of a whether they're a serial offender....

Well, I know one company that's a blatant serial offender with no regard for originality. Make that 2 actually. Can you guess who?

"But mom, he started it!" is not a good argument here.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple contacts US carriers, resellers to enforce Samsung product ban