or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › What Romney Believes ~ Just FYI
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Romney Believes ~ Just FYI

post #1 of 152
Thread Starter 
1. He believes in Joseph Smith as a prophet
Mormon beliefs were started by Joseph Smith, a convicted con artist, from Palmyra, New York, who allegedly found golden plates, which he translated to become the Book of Mormon.

2.Jesus visited the Americas after his death and resurrection

3.There are 3 Heavens
In LDS doctrine there are three heavens: the Celestial Kingdom, Terrestrial Kingdom, and Telestial Kingdom. The Celestial is the highest, where God and the ones who followed his law reside. The Terrestrial is the middle, where people who followed the Law of Moses reside. The Telestial is the lowest, where the ones who followed carnal law reside.

4.You can only buy a stairway to heaven, never earn it
LDS theology states that in order to make it to the highest kingdom of heaven, you must pay a full and honest tithe.

5.Multiple Worlds
This deserves some explanation. Mormons believe that God created multiple worlds and each world has people living on it. They also believe that multiple Gods exist but each has their own universe. We are only subject to our God and if we obtain the highest level of heaven we can become gods ourselves.

6.Polygamy is allowed
But a Mormon man can still be married for eternity (“sealed”) to more than one wife, if his first wife dies or if they divorce.

7.God had sex with Mary who gave birth to Jesus

8.My favourite, God lives on a planet near the star Kolob
According to Mormon scripture (the “Book of Abraham”) God dwells on a planet near the star Kolob (although Mormons don’t say where Kolob actually is).

http://listverse.com/2008/02/04/top-10-bizarre-mormon-beliefs/
http://www.top10craziestmormonbeliefs.com/

You gotta say this is pretty wacky. Sure, it's great that anybody can be President, whether they believe God lives on Kolob or in Thetans or in Jesus, Allah, Moses, the Flying Spaghetti Monster or if there's no God or no reason for us to be here.

But, just thought I'd mention the above, FYI, doesn't seem to have come up in PoliticalOutsider, I wonder why.

And people think global warming is a fantasy. LOL.
Edited by sr2012 - 7/15/12 at 6:49pm
post #2 of 152
Thread Starter 
Oh, but Obama's a Communist/ Muslim/ Socialist/ Former Tea-Partier so it's worse.
post #3 of 152

Actually it is much worse. Which would you believe more hypocritical, someone who tells you a bunch of lies about Santa Claus or someone who tells you a bunch of lies about yourself, the economy, the debt they are creating and spending on your behalf, and human nature?

 

If you believe that being a Mormon is a bunch of made up nonsense and akin to believing in Santa Claus, does it hurt you if they add that he has eight reindeer, a bunch of elves and that he lives in the North Pole?

 

If you believe human utopia can happen here on Earth and all it takes is my freedom, my money, the earnings of my current children,  future grandchildren and loss of your rights to make it happen, well then I'd give my vote to the man who wants to love Santa all day long because he doesn't need my money, my life or my rights to make his lie sustainable to him.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #4 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Actually it is much worse. Which would you believe more hypocritical, someone who tells you a bunch of lies about Santa Claus or someone who tells you a bunch of lies about yourself, the economy, the debt they are creating and spending on your behalf, and human nature?

 

If you believe that being a Mormon is a bunch of made up nonsense and akin to believing in Santa Claus, does it hurt you if they add that he has eight reindeer, a bunch of elves and that he lives in the North Pole?

 

If you believe human utopia can happen here on Earth and all it takes is my freedom, my money, the earnings of my current children,  future grandchildren and loss of your rights to make it happen, well then I'd give my vote to the man who wants to love Santa all day long because he doesn't need my money, my life or my rights to make his lie sustainable to him.

 

Quote:

Actually it is much worse

Thanks for telling us you subjective reasoning on all of this. It will be taken with the appropriate grain of salt. ( wink if I could )

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #5 of 152

Since trumpy seemed to think it was ok to bring all this other stuff into this thread.....

 

A little something about Bain capitol and Romney's departure. As always with the GOP and conservatives you have to dig a little deeper to read the fine print.

 

An opinion piece with some interesting facts.

 

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/12/12707047-the-larger-truth-about-romney-and-bain

 

 

 

Quote:

The larger truth about Romney and Bain

 

Quote:

As Romney adviser Matt McDonald told Politico, "[Romney] was on the SEC filings because he was still technically the owner, but hadn't transferred ownership to other partners." Technically the owner?

What's more, according to the Globe, "state financial disclosure forms indicate he earned at least $100,000 as a Bain 'executive' in 2001 and 2002." (A campaign official says that payment was part of his retirement compensation agreement.) And, in one way or another, he continues to earn money from his time at Bain.

 

And even after he left, Bain Capital remains his creation and has his clear imprint on the organization. Think of Bill Gates and Microsoft: He may no longer be the CEO of the company, but the culture there obviously shares some of his DNA. And this is relevant, politically, because Romney argues that his previous work at Bain Capital is his chief credential in this presidential contest.

Yes, Romney may very well have given up day-to-day operations of Bain Capital in 1999; as the Romney campaign puts it, he was devoted full-time to the Olympics.

And that's the contention of fact-checking sites like the Washington Post and FactCheck.org.

But today's reporting also suggests that Romney's complete -- and official -- departure from Bain isn't as clear cut.

 

 

Sounds like he was still a fixture at Bain after 1999 to me. Click on " In one way or another " and you get some info concerning those off shore accounts. ( wink if I could )

 

To be rich you not only have to have money to have money you have to be sneaky also.


Edited by jimmac - 7/14/12 at 1:48pm
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #6 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

1. He believes in Joseph Smith, not God
Mormon beliefs were started by Joseph Smith, a convicted con artist, from Palmyra, New York, who allegedly found golden plates, which he translated to become the Book of Mormon.

2.Jesus visited the Americas

3.There are 3 Heavens
In LDS doctrine there are three heavens: the Celestial Kingdom, Terrestrial Kingdom, and Telestial Kingdom. The Celestial is the highest, where God and the ones who followed his law reside. The Terrestrial is the middle, where people who followed the Law of Moses reside. The Telestial is the lowest, where the ones who followed carnal law reside.

4.You can only buy a stairway to heaven, never earn it
LDS theology states that in order to make it to the highest kingdom of heaven, you must pay a full and honest tithe.

5.Multiple Worlds
This deserves some explanation. Mormons believe that God created multiple worlds and each world has people living on it. They also believe that multiple Gods exist but each has their own universe. We are only subject to our God and if we obtain the highest level of heaven we can become gods ourselves.

6.Polygamy is allowed
But a Mormon man can still be married for eternity (“sealed”) to more than one wife, if his first wife dies or if they divorce.

7.God had sex with Mary who gave birth to Jesus

8.My favourite, God lives on a planet near the star Kolob
According to Mormon scripture (the “Book of Abraham”) God dwells on a planet near the star Kolob (although Mormons don’t say where Kolob actually is).

http://listverse.com/2008/02/04/top-10-bizarre-mormon-beliefs/
http://www.top10craziestmormonbeliefs.com/

You gotta say this is pretty wacky. Sure, it's great that anybody can be President, whether they believe God lives on Kolob or in Thetans or in Jesus, Allah, Moses, the Flying Spaghetti Monster or if there's no God or no reason for us to be here.

But, just thought I'd mention the above, FYI, doesn't seem to have come up in PoliticalOutsider, I wonder why.

And people think global warming is a fantasy. LOL.

 

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104253/joseph-smith-part-1

 

lol.gif

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #7 of 152
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Since trumpy seemed to think it was ok to bring all this other stuff into this thread.....

A little something about Bain capitol and Romney's departure. As always with the GOP and conservatives you have to dig a little deeper to read the fine print.

An opinion piece with some interesting facts.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/12/12707047-the-larger-truth-about-romney-and-bain




Sounds like he was still a fixture at Bain after 1999 to me. Click on " In one way or another " and you get some info concerning those off shore accounts. ( wink if I could )

To be rich you not only have to have money to have money you have to be sneaky also.

After hearing about Bain I was tempted to start a thread "Romney is a lying SACK who should go to JAIL" ala one of the other threads.
post #8 of 152

You are really unbelievable what you say about Obama! Think before you post this nonsense.
 

post #9 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

1. He believes in Joseph Smith, not God
Mormon beliefs were started by Joseph Smith, a convicted con artist, from Palmyra, New York, who allegedly found golden plates, which he translated to become the Book of Mormon.
2.Jesus visited the Americas
3.There are 3 Heavens
In LDS doctrine there are three heavens: the Celestial Kingdom, Terrestrial Kingdom, and Telestial Kingdom. The Celestial is the highest, where God and the ones who followed his law reside. The Terrestrial is the middle, where people who followed the Law of Moses reside. The Telestial is the lowest, where the ones who followed carnal law reside.
4.You can only buy a stairway to heaven, never earn it
LDS theology states that in order to make it to the highest kingdom of heaven, you must pay a full and honest tithe.
5.Multiple Worlds
This deserves some explanation. Mormons believe that God created multiple worlds and each world has people living on it. They also believe that multiple Gods exist but each has their own universe. We are only subject to our God and if we obtain the highest level of heaven we can become gods ourselves.
6.Polygamy is allowed
But a Mormon man can still be married for eternity (“sealed”) to more than one wife, if his first wife dies or if they divorce.
7.God had sex with Mary who gave birth to Jesus
8.My favourite, God lives on a planet near the star Kolob
According to Mormon scripture (the “Book of Abraham”) God dwells on a planet near the star Kolob (although Mormons don’t say where Kolob actually is).
http://listverse.com/2008/02/04/top-10-bizarre-mormon-beliefs/
http://www.top10craziestmormonbeliefs.com/
You gotta say this is pretty wacky. Sure, it's great that anybody can be President, whether they believe God lives on Kolob or in Thetans or in Jesus, Allah, Moses, the Flying Spaghetti Monster or if there's no God or no reason for us to be here.
But, just thought I'd mention the above, FYI, doesn't seem to have come up in PoliticalOutsider, I wonder why.
And people think global warming is a fantasy. LOL.

 

I will not vote for Romney (or Obama) for plenty of reasons. No need to regurgitate anti-Mormon propaganda to convince me.

 

Even if what you say is true - and much of it is false or half-true (and a half-truth is still false when you think about it) -  and "anybody can be president" regardless of what they believe, why do you feel it necessary to bring it up?

 

If Obama is indeed a Christian, then he believes Moses talked to a flaming bush, turned water into blood, walked across the Red Sea on dry land, hit a rock with a staff and caused water to come out of it, and all sorts of other interesting stuff. And that's just Moses!

 

Why are Obama's religious beliefs never called into question in the fashion you have just done with Romney?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #10 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

1. He believes in Joseph Smith, not God
Mormon beliefs were started by Joseph Smith, a convicted con artist, from Palmyra, New York, who allegedly found golden plates, which he translated to become the Book of Mormon.
2.Jesus visited the Americas
3.There are 3 Heavens
In LDS doctrine there are three heavens: the Celestial Kingdom, Terrestrial Kingdom, and Telestial Kingdom. The Celestial is the highest, where God and the ones who followed his law reside. The Terrestrial is the middle, where people who followed the Law of Moses reside. The Telestial is the lowest, where the ones who followed carnal law reside.
4.You can only buy a stairway to heaven, never earn it
LDS theology states that in order to make it to the highest kingdom of heaven, you must pay a full and honest tithe.
5.Multiple Worlds
This deserves some explanation. Mormons believe that God created multiple worlds and each world has people living on it. They also believe that multiple Gods exist but each has their own universe. We are only subject to our God and if we obtain the highest level of heaven we can become gods ourselves.
6.Polygamy is allowed
But a Mormon man can still be married for eternity (“sealed”) to more than one wife, if his first wife dies or if they divorce.
7.God had sex with Mary who gave birth to Jesus
8.My favourite, God lives on a planet near the star Kolob
According to Mormon scripture (the “Book of Abraham”) God dwells on a planet near the star Kolob (although Mormons don’t say where Kolob actually is).
http://listverse.com/2008/02/04/top-10-bizarre-mormon-beliefs/
http://www.top10craziestmormonbeliefs.com/
You gotta say this is pretty wacky. Sure, it's great that anybody can be President, whether they believe God lives on Kolob or in Thetans or in Jesus, Allah, Moses, the Flying Spaghetti Monster or if there's no God or no reason for us to be here.
But, just thought I'd mention the above, FYI, doesn't seem to have come up in PoliticalOutsider, I wonder why.
And people think global warming is a fantasy. LOL.

 

I will not vote for Romney (or Obama) for plenty of reasons. No need to regurgitate anti-Mormon propaganda to convince me.

 

Even if what you say is true - and much of it is false or half-true (and a half-truth is still false when you think about it) -  and "anybody can be president" regardless of what they believe, why do you feel it necessary to bring it up?

 

If Obama is indeed a Christian, then he believes Moses talked to a flaming bush, turned water into blood, walked across the Red Sea on dry land, hit a rock with a staff and caused water to come out of it, and all sorts of other interesting stuff. And that's just Moses!

 

Why are Obama's religious beliefs never called into question in the fashion you have just done with Romney?

 

Quote:

and much of it is false or half-true (and a half-truth is still false when you think about it)

 

 

Would you care to elaborate or provide proof of your claim?

SR provded some links to support his.

 

 

Quote:
If Obama is indeed a Christian, then he believes Moses talked to a flaming bush, turned water into blood, walked across the Red Sea on dry land, hit a rock with a staff and caused water to come out of it, and all sorts of other interesting stuff. And that's just Moses!

Are you saying most Christians don't believe in this docturine? Have you doner a survey or have proof of this? If you ask me it's a lot less far fetched than the Mormon basis listed above as the Mormon account which impinges on known facts.

 

 

 It's pretty well known this really is the basics of what Mormons believe. Do all of them still swallow this?  Probably not. Do Mormons do good things for people? That would be yes. I'm not here to bash Mormons and people are always free to believe what they want. However from what I've heard this is a true account of the basis for their beliefs. However this is another reason Romney won't win. Fundamentalists won't want to vote for him. I'm not a fundamentalist but would I want to vote for President someone who believes this stuff  ( or anything ) or doesn't but just goes along because it's what they do even when he doesn't believe it himself / herself? I think you know the answer.


Edited by jimmac - 7/15/12 at 11:39am
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #11 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Are you saying most Christians don't believe in this docturine? Have you doner a survey or have proof of this? If you ask me it's a lot less far fetched than the Mormon basis listed above as the Mormon account which impinges on known facts.

 

 

 It's pretty well known this really is the basics of what Mormons believe. Do all of them still swallow this?  Probably not. Do Mormons do good things for people? That would be yes. I'm not here to bash Mormons and people are always free to believe what they want. However from what I've heard this is a true account of the basis for their beliefs. However this is another reason Romney won't win. Fundamentalists won't want to vote for him. I'm not a fundamentalist but would I want to vote for President someone who believes this stuff  ( or anything ) or doesn't but just goes along because it's what they do even when he doesn't believe it himself / herself? I think you know the answer.

 

Give it up Jimmac. You are showing a ridiculous and indefensible double standard. You are engaging in straight up religious bigotry. Obama even still has his crazy indefensible gay marriage position due to his religion. (It's a civil right, but states rights.)

 

Admit that you'll say and do anything to re-elect the man.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #12 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Are you saying most Christians don't believe in this doctrine? Have you done a survey or have proof of this? If you ask me it's a lot less far fetched than the Mormon basis listed above as the Mormon account which impinges on known facts.

 

 

 It's pretty well known this really is the basics of what Mormons believe. Do all of them still swallow this?  Probably not. Do Mormons do good things for people? That would be yes. I'm not here to bash Mormons and people are always free to believe what they want. However from what I've heard this is a true account of the basis for their beliefs. However this is another reason Romney won't win. Fundamentalists won't want to vote for him. I'm not a fundamentalist but would I want to vote for President someone who believes this stuff  ( or anything ) or doesn't but just goes along because it's what they do even when he doesn't believe it himself / herself? I think you know the answer.

 

Give it up Jimmac. You are showing a ridiculous and indefensible double standard. You are engaging in straight up religious bigotry. Obama even still has his crazy indefensible gay marriage position due to his religion. (It's a civil right, but states rights.)

 

Admit that you'll say and do anything to re-elect the man.

No I'm sorry but it's you who's looking ridiculous. What are you basing this on? Where does it state that in the Bible that two people of the same sex can't be married ( I'm guessing this is what you're basing this on as you're just shooting straight from the hip without explanation ). Would you care to give us a direct quote or your subjective interpretation ( which of course won't be valid )?

 

 

Quote:
You are engaging in straight up religious bigotry

How so? Care to elaborate?

 

And given all of the birther nonsense and now this card carrying communist nonsense I'd say it's you and your conservative lot that will say anything to get Obama out of the White house. And I do mean anything!


Edited by jimmac - 7/15/12 at 12:15pm
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #13 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Are you saying most Christians don't believe in this doctrine? Have you done a survey or have proof of this? If you ask me it's a lot less far fetched than the Mormon basis listed above as the Mormon account which impinges on known facts.

 

 

 It's pretty well known this really is the basics of what Mormons believe. Do all of them still swallow this?  Probably not. Do Mormons do good things for people? That would be yes. I'm not here to bash Mormons and people are always free to believe what they want. However from what I've heard this is a true account of the basis for their beliefs. However this is another reason Romney won't win. Fundamentalists won't want to vote for him. I'm not a fundamentalist but would I want to vote for President someone who believes this stuff  ( or anything ) or doesn't but just goes along because it's what they do even when he doesn't believe it himself / herself? I think you know the answer.

 

Give it up Jimmac. You are showing a ridiculous and indefensible double standard. You are engaging in straight up religious bigotry. Obama even still has his crazy indefensible gay marriage position due to his religion. (It's a civil right, but states rights.)

 

Admit that you'll say and do anything to re-elect the man.

No I'm sorry but it's you who's looking ridiculous. What are you basing this on? Where does it state that in the Bible that two people of the same sex can't be married ( I'm guessing this is what you're basing this on as you're just shooting straight from the hip without explanation ). Would you care to give us a direct quote or your subjective interpretation ( which of course won't be valid )?

 

I'm not the one who is president and pseudo-changed my position. Obama had a position against gay marriage that was based on religion. You'll have to ask him his basis for it. I do not oppose gay marriage but do not desire to grant it through bad process. Obama is the one who has said his person view is (now) for gay marriage and claims it is a civil right but that the states can decide for themselves. Can you explain what other civil rights that should be left to the states? Please feel free to defend the Obama position.

 

Quote:
Quote:
You are engaging in straight up religious bigotry

How so? Care to elaborate?

 

You are saying people are unfit for office by citing their religious belief as akin to believing in fairy tales in one instance and defending it in the other. Your rather strange rationale was basically more Christians lie about what they believe than Mormons and if someone did a survey you would know this. You also declare Christianity to be fact-based and Mormonism to not be fact based.

Quote:
If you ask me it's a lot less far fetched than the Mormon basis listed above as the Mormon account which impinges on known facts.


That is your claim so defend it. Explain how Obama's Christianity is fact based and Romney's religion isn't. It is a clear double-standard by you. Double-standards are based on bias. Your bias is bigotry. You claim the statement I quoted right above this as the basis for your bigotry.

Quote:

And given all of the birther nonsense and now this card carrying communist nonsense I'd say it's you and your conservative lot that will say anything to get Obama out of the White house. And I do mean anything!

It isn't just coming from Republicans and Obama's support clearly has fallen a lot within liberal and independent camps as well. The birther nonsense was started by the NY Times with regard to McCain when they questioned his possibility of running for President noting he had been born in the Panama Canal Zone. The Obama claims were put out by Hillary Clinton's campaign.

 

Obama has clearly said and done alot to capture office. His campaign has gotten court records unsealed regarding opponent divorces while no one can even find Obama's transcripts. The man has quite a cast of characters around him like Ayers and Rezko that have done time for their clear crimes. It isn't just made up nonsense and on top of all that, the man has been incompetent.

 

Obama spent almost a trillion promising a stimulus that would lower unemployement down to well below 6% by now and instead we have more people on Social Security Disability than with jobs. Oh, but BTW Romney believes in magic underwear.

 

If he wears his magic underwear while crafting policies that generate jobs, then no one is going to care. This is all a distraction that attempts to deflect from this election being about the performance of Barack Obama. My signature and the person it quotes sum it up perfectly.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #14 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Are you saying most Christians don't believe in this doctrine? Have you done a survey or have proof of this? If you ask me it's a lot less far fetched than the Mormon basis listed above as the Mormon account which impinges on known facts.

 

 

 It's pretty well known this really is the basics of what Mormons believe. Do all of them still swallow this?  Probably not. Do Mormons do good things for people? That would be yes. I'm not here to bash Mormons and people are always free to believe what they want. However from what I've heard this is a true account of the basis for their beliefs. However this is another reason Romney won't win. Fundamentalists won't want to vote for him. I'm not a fundamentalist but would I want to vote for President someone who believes this stuff  ( or anything ) or doesn't but just goes along because it's what they do even when he doesn't believe it himself / herself? I think you know the answer.

 

Give it up Jimmac. You are showing a ridiculous and indefensible double standard. You are engaging in straight up religious bigotry. Obama even still has his crazy indefensible gay marriage position due to his religion. (It's a civil right, but states rights.)

 

Admit that you'll say and do anything to re-elect the man.

No I'm sorry but it's you who's looking ridiculous. What are you basing this on? Where does it state that in the Bible that two people of the same sex can't be married ( I'm guessing this is what you're basing this on as you're just shooting straight from the hip without explanation ). Would you care to give us a direct quote or your subjective interpretation ( which of course won't be valid )?

 

I'm not the one who is president and pseudo-changed my position. Obama had a position against gay marriage that was based on religion. You'll have to ask him his basis for it. I do not oppose gay marriage but do not desire to grant it through bad process. Obama is the one who has said his person view is (now) for gay marriage and claims it is a civil right but that the states can decide for themselves. Can you explain what other civil rights that should be left to the states? Please feel free to defend the Obama position.

 

Quote:
Quote:
You are engaging in straight up religious bigotry

How so? Care to elaborate?

 

You are saying people are unfit for office by citing their religious belief as akin to believing in fairy tales in one instance and defending it in the other. Your rather strange rationale was basically more Christians lie about what they believe than Mormons and if someone did a survey you would know this. You also declare Christianity to be fact-based and Mormonism to not be fact based.

Quote:
If you ask me it's a lot less far fetched than the Mormon basis listed above as the Mormon account which impinges on known facts.


That is your claim so defend it. Explain how Obama's Christianity is fact based and Romney's religion isn't. It is a clear double-standard by you. Double-standards are based on bias. Your bias is bigotry. You claim the statement I quoted right above this as the basis for your bigotry.

Quote:

And given all of the birther nonsense and now this card carrying communist nonsense I'd say it's you and your conservative lot that will say anything to get Obama out of the White house. And I do mean anything!

It isn't just coming from Republicans and Obama's support clearly has fallen a lot within liberal and independent camps as well. The birther nonsense was started by the NY Times with regard to McCain when they questioned his possibility of running for President noting he had been born in the Panama Canal Zone. The Obama claims were put out by Hillary Clinton's campaign.

 

Obama has clearly said and done alot to capture office. His campaign has gotten court records unsealed regarding opponent divorces while no one can even find Obama's transcripts. The man has quite a cast of characters around him like Ayers and Rezko that have done time for their clear crimes. It isn't just made up nonsense and on top of all that, the man has been incompetent.

 

Obama spent almost a trillion promising a stimulus that would lower unemployement down to well below 6% by now and instead we have more people on Social Security Disability than with jobs. Oh, but BTW Romney believes in magic underwear.

 

If he wears his magic underwear while crafting policies that generate jobs, then no one is going to care. This is all a distraction that attempts to deflect from this election being about the performance of Barack Obama. My signature and the person it quotes sum it up perfectly.

Oh God here we go again with your long winded replies ( signifying nothing ).

 

 

Quote:
You also declare Christianity to be fact-based and Mormonism to not be fact based.
 

 

 

The known facts are for instance there's historical evidence of a real Jesus that inhabited the middle east at that time but the idea he visited the America's well.... lol.gif

 

http://www.grantjeffrey.com/article/historicalev.htm

 

http://www.westarkchurchofchrist.org/library/extrabiblical.htm

 

http://dmc.members.sonic.net/sentinel/naij3.html

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

 

There's of course some debate as with all things but there is some evidence. There is no evidence or even logic that he visited the Americas.

 

And this is just one item. There's more of course.

 

 

Quote:
Your rather strange rationale was basically more Christians lie about what they believe than Mormons and if someone did a survey you would know this.

I love it when you reinterpret what others have said so it fits your needs.

 

 

So let me ask trumpy do you believe in what's in the bible? It sounds like not. Also you said a lot here not pertaining to our discussion however did you even attempt to address my question?

 

I will say one thing if the birther question originated with Hillary's campaign it was the conservatives that ran with it long after the election.

 

The usual smoke and mirrors. As I said in another thread trumpy you old tricks don't work anymore. The folks here are on to you.


Edited by jimmac - 7/15/12 at 1:12pm
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #15 of 152
I'm not going to turn this into a theological debate. The truth about what Mormons believe is freely available for those who truly want to know for themselves.

But a couple quick clarifications:

We worship God, not Joseph Smith. We believe Joseph Smith was a prophet and regard him the same way we regard Moses, Abraham, or any other prophet.

We believe Jesus Christ visited the Americas AFTER his death and resurrection in the Old World.

More information can be found at www.mormon.org and www.lds.org.

But the theology is not the real point, here. There is a blatant double standard here among those who seek to discredit or cast doubt on Romney because of his beliefs.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #16 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I'm not going to turn this into a theological debate. The truth about what Mormons believe is freely available for those who truly want to know for themselves.

But a couple quick clarifications:

We worship God, not Joseph Smith. We believe Joseph Smith was a prophet and regard him the same way we regard Moses, Abraham, or any other prophet.

We believe Jesus Christ visited the Americas AFTER his death and resurrection in the Old World.

More information can be found at www.mormon.org and www.lds.org.

But the theology is not the real point, here. There is a blatant double standard here among those who seek to discredit or cast doubt on Romney because of his beliefs.

So you're saying you're Mormon and you're not voting for Romney? Good for you as you are standing politically up for own beliefs. I agree here's enough doubt to be cast on Romney outside of his beliefs.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #17 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Oh God here we go again with your long winded replies ( signifying nothing ).

 

Sorry that more than a bumper sticker or joke from Jon Stewart counts as too big and deep for you to understand.

 

 

Quote:
Quote:
You also declare Christianity to be fact-based and Mormonism to not be fact based.
 

 

The known facts are for instance there's historical evidence of a real Jesus that inhabited the middle east at that time but the idea he visited the America's well.... lol.gif

 

http://www.grantjeffrey.com/article/historicalev.htm

 

http://www.westarkchurchofchrist.org/library/extrabiblical.htm

 

http://dmc.members.sonic.net/sentinel/naij3.html

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

 

There's of course some debate as with all things but there is some evidence. There is no evidence or even logic that he visited the Americas.

 

And this is just one item. There's more of course.

 

The same sort of evidence exists for Joseph Smith being in America. As was noted above, he was claimed to visit in spiritual form. I don't see how that is any less factual than claiming he was resurrected in the Middle East. Again your reasoning is like saying Santa can visit New York but not California because his magic sleigh cannot go fast enough. If you have to mock one, you mock both. If you discredit and disqualify for one, you do for both. Stop your bigotry and double-standard.

 

Quote:

 

Quote:
Your rather strange rationale was basically more Christians lie about what they believe than Mormons and if someone did a survey you would know this.

I love it when you reinterpret what others have said so it fits your needs.

 

So the reason you've ignored the question and the quote from you is because you want to declare I've reinterpreted it.

Quote:
Are you saying most Christians don't believe in this docturine? Have you doner a survey or have proof of this? If you ask me it's a lot less far fetched than the Mormon basis listed above as the Mormon account which impinges on known facts.
 
It's pretty well known this really is the basics of what Mormons believe. Do all of them still swallow this?  Probably not.

So now it is a pure quote so answer why you excuse Christians and their "less far fetched" beliefs but prosecute and declare unfit Mormons. How exactly do religious beliefs become more or less farfetched when we are discussing supernatural events?

 

 

Quote:

So let me ask trumpy do you believe in what's in the bible? It sounds like not. Also you said a lot here not pertaining to our discussion however did you even attempt to address my question?

 

I will say one thing if the birther question originated with Hillary's campaign it was the conservatives that ran with it long after the election.

 

The usual smoke and mirrors. As I said in another thread trumpy you old tricks don't work anymore. The folks here are on to you.

 

This isn't about me. I'm not the one attempting to exclude people or disqualify someone. When that is what you are trying to do, you must defend your positions and assertions. Please address what you have ignored and attempted to personalize. There are no "folks" here and you speak for yourself. Defend what you said.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #18 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Oh God here we go again with your long winded replies ( signifying nothing ).

 

Sorry that more than a bumper sticker or joke from Jon Stewart counts as too big and deep for you to understand.

 

 

Quote:
Quote:
You also declare Christianity to be fact-based and Mormonism to not be fact based.
 

 

The known facts are for instance there's historical evidence of a real Jesus that inhabited the middle east at that time but the idea he visited the America's well.... lol.gif

 

http://www.grantjeffrey.com/article/historicalev.htm

 

http://www.westarkchurchofchrist.org/library/extrabiblical.htm

 

http://dmc.members.sonic.net/sentinel/naij3.html

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

 

There's of course some debate as with all things but there is some evidence. There is no evidence or even logic that he visited the Americas.

 

And this is just one item. There's more of course.

 

The same sort of evidence exists for Joseph Smith being in America. As was noted above, he was claimed to visit in spiritual form. I don't see how that is any less factual than claiming he was resurrected in the Middle East. Again your reasoning is like saying Santa can visit New York but not California because his magic sleigh cannot go fast enough. If you have to mock one, you mock both. If you discredit and disqualify for one, you do for both. Stop your bigotry and double-standard.

 

Quote:

 

Quote:
Your rather strange rationale was basically more Christians lie about what they believe than Mormons and if someone did a survey you would know this.

I love it when you reinterpret what others have said so it fits your needs.

 

So the reason you've ignored the question and the quote from you is because you want to declare I've reinterpreted it.

Quote:
Are you saying most Christians don't believe in this doctrine? Have you doner a survey or have proof of this? If you ask me it's a lot less far fetched than the Mormon basis listed above as the Mormon account which impinges on known facts.
 
It's pretty well known this really is the basics of what Mormons believe. Do all of them still swallow this?  Probably not.

So now it is a pure quote so answer why you excuse Christians and their "less far fetched" beliefs but prosecute and declare unfit Mormons. How exactly do religious beliefs become more or less farfetched when we are discussing supernatural events?

 

 

Quote:

So let me ask trumpy do you believe in what's in the bible? It sounds like not. Also you said a lot here not pertaining to our discussion however did you even attempt to address my question?

 

I will say one thing if the birther question originated with Hillary's campaign it was the conservatives that ran with it long after the election.

 

The usual smoke and mirrors. As I said in another thread trumpy you old tricks don't work anymore. The folks here are on to you.

 

This isn't about me. I'm not the one attempting to exclude people or disqualify someone. When that is what you are trying to do, you must defend your positions and assertions. Please address what you have ignored and attempted to personalize. There are no "folks" here and you speak for yourself. Defend what you said.

lol.gif No one is debating if there was a Joseph Smith in America. And you still ( in your long winded reply full of stuff ) didn't address my question ( actually we're up to two questions now )! Typical.

 

 

 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Oh God here we go again with your long winded replies ( signifying nothing ).

 

Sorry that more than a bumper sticker or joke from Jon Stewart counts as too big and deep for you to understand.

 

 

And sorry I'm not sure what you meant here but my paraphrase was from Macbeth.

Quote:
“It is a tale . . . full of sound and fury; signifying nothing.”

 

 

 

Quote:

 "less far fetched"

 

Whom are you quoting here? Yourself? Or is It a reinterpretation? Either way it's inaccurate.

 

 

 

Quote:

There are no "folks" here

No. Most have left because of the stupidity. That's the point I was making. The ones that remain do clearly see the insanity. That's evident by their comments. Most have real lives and want to spend their time in a useful manner ( like I've got to mow the lawn soon today ).lol.gif ( wink if I could )


Edited by jimmac - 7/15/12 at 2:56pm
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #19 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

lol.gif No one is debating if there was a Joseph Smith in America. And you still ( in your long winded reply full of stuff ) didn't address my question ( actually we're up to two questions now )! Typical.

 

I think it should be obvious to anyone following the conversation that he meant Jesus Christ.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #20 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

So you're saying you're Mormon and you're not voting for Romney? Good for you as you are standing politically up for own beliefs. I agree here's enough doubt to be cast on Romney outside of his beliefs.

 

Correct. I am one of many Mormons who are not voting for Romney.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #21 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

lol.gif No one is debating if there was a Joseph Smith in America. And you still ( in your long winded reply full of stuff ) didn't address my question ( actually we're up to two questions now )! Typical.

 

I think it should be obvious to anyone following the conversation that he meant Jesus Christ.

Funny but that's not what he said and he didn't attempt to correct it. This forum makes that easy ( well to be fair some of the functions are a bit funky after the " upgrade " ).

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #22 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Funny but that's not what he said and he didn't attempt to correct it. This forum makes that easy ( well to be fair some of the functions are a bit funky after the " upgrade " ).

 

You claim nobody here has a life, yet get upset when they don't respond to you or correct things right away. What do you think they're doing? Are they staring at their monitor and laughing to themselves thinking "I won't respond right away. That'll sure fix jimmac!"?

 

The mistake was obvious to me, and I'm sure it will be corrected in due time.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #23 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Funny but that's not what he said and he didn't attempt to correct it. This forum makes that easy ( well to be fair some of the functions are a bit funky after the " upgrade " ).

 

You claim nobody here has a life, yet get upset when they don't respond to you or correct things right away. What do you think they're doing? Are they staring at their monitor and laughing to themselves thinking "I won't respond right away. That'll sure fix jimmac!"?

 

The mistake was obvious to me, and I'm sure it will be corrected in due time.

Now upset is your take. Annoyed would be more like it. It's not like my life revolves around this place like it does some.

 

And no this never happens or occurs to me :

 

Quote:
Are they staring at their monitor and laughing to themselves thinking "I won't respond right away. That'll sure fix jimmac!"?

It's just more of the inaccurate take you guys have when you try to analyze me or put words in my mouth. ( wink if I could )

 

And yeah sure the mistake was obvious however would you guys let it go if it was me? I don't think so. As a matter of fact the conservatives try everything here to discredit anyone left minded ( like the frequent spelling bee ). As a matter of fact the idea that I'm thinking the things I just quoted you on could be considered another attempt to paint in an untrue light to discredit.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #24 of 152
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

You are really unbelievable what you say about Obama! Think before you post this nonsense.

I was being sarcastic about Obama.
post #25 of 152
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I'm not going to turn this into a theological debate. The truth about what Mormons believe is freely available for those who truly want to know for themselves.
But a couple quick clarifications:
We worship God, not Joseph Smith. We believe Joseph Smith was a prophet and regard him the same way we regard Moses, Abraham, or any other prophet.
We believe Jesus Christ visited the Americas AFTER his death and resurrection in the Old World.
More information can be found at www.mormon.org and www.lds.org.
But the theology is not the real point, here. There is a blatant double standard here among those who seek to discredit or cast doubt on Romney because of his beliefs.

I have edited my original post.
post #26 of 152
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I will not vote for Romney (or Obama) for plenty of reasons. No need to regurgitate anti-Mormon propaganda to convince me.

Even if what you say is true - and much of it is false or half-true (and a half-truth is still false when you think about it) -  and "anybody can be president" regardless of what they believe, why do you feel it necessary to bring it up?

If Obama is indeed a Christian, then he believes Moses talked to a flaming bush, turned water into blood, walked across the Red Sea on dry land, hit a rock with a staff and caused water to come out of it, and all sorts of other interesting stuff. And that's just Moses!

Why are Obama's religious beliefs never called into question in the fashion you have just done with Romney?

Jazz, I don't mean to simply bash Mormonism. This thread was a response to the never ending litany of Obama-did-this-Obama-did-that. If someone feels it important to endlessly dredge up Obama's history, then Romney's beliefs are fair game.

Yes, then we can compare Obama and Romney's beliefs.

While I respect your beliefs Jazz, I am somewhat concerned about the role of Mormonism in the US and other countries.

While some say Obamacare is a violation of this and that, various restrictions in Utah, which can be attributed to Mormonism, are worrying at the least.

Overall the main religion I am most concerned about at this stage is Islam, though, to be honest.

So anyway the above are my motivations for the thread.

Curious, if you are not going to vote for Obama or Romney, does that mean you will not have a say on who runs the country?
Edited by sr2012 - 7/15/12 at 7:22pm
post #27 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post


Jazz, I don't mean to simply bash Mormonism. This thread was a response to the never ending litany of Obama-did-this-Obama-did-that. If someone feels it important to endlessly dredge up Obama's history, then Romney's beliefs are fair game.
Yes, then we can compare Obama and Romney's beliefs.
While I respect your beliefs Jazz, I am somewhat concerned about the role of Mormonism in the US and other countries.
While some say Obamacare is a violation of this and that, various restrictions in Utah, which can be attributed to Mormonism, are worrying at the least.
Overall the main religion I am most concerned about at this stage is Islam, though, to be honest.
So anyway the above are my motivations for the thread.
Curious, if you are not going to vote for Obama or Romney, does that mean you will not have a say on who runs the country?

 

I can certainly understand your concerns about Mormonism and why you have them. Again, I don't want to turn this into a theological debate, so I encourage you to visit www.mormon.org and see what "real" Mormons believe. It might surprise you. And yes, those are real profiles filled out by real members of the church. Actually, I'll start you off with my Mormon.org profile to show you: http://mormon.org/me/1VN3

 

As to your question ("Curious, if you are not going to vote for Obama or Romney, does that mean you will not have a say on who runs the country?"), I don't quite know how to answer that because I reject the premise that it is the president's responsibility to "run the country".

 

You see, my personal political philosophy is centered around the "radical" notion that man should govern himself, not be ruled by a small elite. I don't believe the office of President of the United States was ever intended or supposed to have the kind of power it now has. When a single man can declare war without approval of Congress or the People at large, when a single man can order the assassination or detention of American citizens without due process, it is an indication that the government has grown far beyond its Constitutional bounds.

 

In truth, I think it has been a long time since Americans have really had a say on who runs the country. I believe the choices presented to us have been nothing more than a false dilemma for several decades, probably longer.

 

I do intend to vote (at least as of today), just not for the false dilemma. There are (and have always been) more than two choices.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #28 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post
lol.gif No one is debating if there was a Joseph Smith in America. And you still ( in your long winded reply full of stuff ) didn't address my question ( actually we're up to two questions now )! Typical.

 

And sorry I'm not sure what you meant here but my paraphrase was from Macbeth.

 

Whom are you quoting here? Yourself? Or is It a reinterpretation? Either way it's inaccurate.

 

No. Most have left because of the stupidity. That's the point I was making. The ones that remain do clearly see the insanity. That's evident by their comments. Most have real lives and want to spend their time in a useful manner ( like I've got to mow the lawn soon today ).lol.gif ( wink if I could )

 

Is this a real reply? You've been asked to defend the religious bigotry you espouse. You've failed to even try. Stop being a bigot.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #29 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post
lol.gif No one is debating if there was a Joseph Smith in America. And you still ( in your long winded reply full of stuff ) didn't address my question ( actually we're up to two questions now )! Typical.

 

And sorry I'm not sure what you meant here but my paraphrase was from Macbeth.

 

Whom are you quoting here? Yourself? Or is It a reinterpretation? Either way it's inaccurate.

 

No. Most have left because of the stupidity. That's the point I was making. The ones that remain do clearly see the insanity. That's evident by their comments. Most have real lives and want to spend their time in a useful manner ( like I've got to mow the lawn soon today ).lol.gif ( wink if I could )

 

Is this a real reply? You've been asked to defend the religious bigotry you espouse. You've failed to even try. Stop being a bigot.

Hey it's as real as any of yours!lol.gif

 

Not only real it's true!

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #30 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post
lol.gif No one is debating if there was a Joseph Smith in America. And you still ( in your long winded reply full of stuff ) didn't address my question ( actually we're up to two questions now )! Typical.

 

And sorry I'm not sure what you meant here but my paraphrase was from Macbeth.

 

Whom are you quoting here? Yourself? Or is It a reinterpretation? Either way it's inaccurate.

 

No. Most have left because of the stupidity. That's the point I was making. The ones that remain do clearly see the insanity. That's evident by their comments. Most have real lives and want to spend their time in a useful manner ( like I've got to mow the lawn soon today ).lol.gif ( wink if I could )

 

Is this a real reply? You've been asked to defend the religious bigotry you espouse. You've failed to even try. Stop being a bigot.

Hey it's as real as any of yours!lol.gif

 

Not only real it's true!

 

So you proved Mormons should be excluded from office because they believe Jesus spiritually visited America where as the "fact based" Christians believe he spiritually visited the Middle East after he rose from the dead.

 

That is your answer.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #31 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post
lol.gif No one is debating if there was a Joseph Smith in America. And you still ( in your long winded reply full of stuff ) didn't address my question ( actually we're up to two questions now )! Typical.

 

And sorry I'm not sure what you meant here but my paraphrase was from Macbeth.

 

Whom are you quoting here? Yourself? Or is It a reinterpretation? Either way it's inaccurate.

 

No. Most have left because of the stupidity. That's the point I was making. The ones that remain do clearly see the insanity. That's evident by their comments. Most have real lives and want to spend their time in a useful manner ( like I've got to mow the lawn soon today ).lol.gif ( wink if I could )

 

Is this a real reply? You've been asked to defend the religious bigotry you espouse. You've failed to even try. Stop being a bigot.

Hey it's as real as any of yours!lol.gif

 

Not only real it's true!

 

So you proved Mormons should be excluded from office because they believe Jesus spiritually visited America where as the "fact based" Christians believe he spiritually visited the Middle East after he rose from the dead.

 

That is your answer.

 

 

 

Quote:

Christians believe he spiritually visited the Middle East after he rose from the dead.

 

So you're saying you don't believe that? ( wink if I could )

 

Since jazzy is a Mormon I really don't wish to offend him. However the if you think religion shouldn't be a consideration in politics then everytime a president has evoked God or " I'm on a mission from " or anything like that should not be allowed. If you've voted Republican you've voted for what you're trying to condemn me for. And who's the most fond of bringing that stuff up? I'll give you a hint their call letters are GOP.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #32 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

So you're saying you don't believe that? ( wink if I could )

 

Since jazzy is a Mormon I really don't wish to offend him. However the if you think religion shouldn't be a consideration in politics then everytime a president has evoked God or I'm on a mission from or anything like that should not be allowed. And who's the most fond of bringing that stuff up? I'll give you a hint their call letters are GOP.

 

For someone who spends so much time bitching about how "long winded" everyone is, you think you'd learn how to properly quote someone after all these years.

 

This isn't about me. I'm not being a bigot and trying to justify bigotry. I've not declared that someone being a Christian, Muslim, Mormon or Atheist makes them unfit for office.

 

You have done that. Now defend your bigotry and stop asking us to ignore it while you wink.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #33 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

So you're saying you don't believe that? ( wink if I could )

 

Since jazzy is a Mormon I really don't wish to offend him. However the if you think religion shouldn't be a consideration in politics then everytime a president has evoked God or I'm on a mission from or anything like that should not be allowed. And who's the most fond of bringing that stuff up? I'll give you a hint their call letters are GOP.

 

For someone who spends so much time bitching about how "long winded" everyone is, you think you'd learn how to properly quote someone after all these years.

 

This isn't about me. I'm not being a bigot and trying to justify bigotry. I've not declared that someone being a Christian, Muslim, Mormon or Atheist makes them unfit for office.

 

You have done that. Now defend your bigotry and stop asking us to ignore it while you wink.

Nice dodge but you didn't answer any questions or fess up to the fact that you've voted for what you're complaining about.

 

 

Quote:

I've not declared that someone being a Christian, Muslim, Mormon or Atheist makes them unfit for office.

And I have? Show me where? Please let's see the quote that says I'm against anyone of those religions you listed being in office. I'm waiting trumpy.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #34 of 152

Trumptman, you've been away a while. Jimmac has returned and learned a new phrase:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Nice dodge...

 

It's sort of an all-purpose phrase for him to use when someone doesn't answer precisely in a manner acceptable to his rational, logical and discerning intellect. (wink if I could)

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #35 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Trumptman, you've been away a while. Jimmac has returned and learned a new phrase:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Nice dodge...

 

It's sort of an all-purpose phrase for him to use when someone doesn't answer precisely in a manner acceptable to his rational, logical and discerning intellect. (wink if I could)

Oh my God! You're so right! You only post items that are running over with substance for the topic!lol.gif

 

As a matter of fact most of the posts replying to me lately haven't answered the questions I've asked. And as far as being on topic they've pretty much been about me!lol.gif

 

Jesus! ( head shakes if it could )

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #36 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

As a matter of fact most of the posts replying to me lately haven't answered the questions I've asked.

 

Quit lying. It makes you look like...well...a liar.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #37 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

As a matter of fact most of the posts replying to me lately haven't answered the questions I've asked.

 

Quit lying. It makes you look like...well...a liar.

Because you won't answer mine and originally I was addressing trumpy not you ( but if the shoe fits... ). Unless you're one in the..........Nah!lol.gif

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #38 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Nice dodge but you didn't answer any questions or fess up to the fact that you've voted for what you're complaining about.

 

 

And I have? Show me where? Please let's see the quote that says I'm against anyone of those religions you listed being in office. I'm waiting trumpy.

 

I haven't answered questions about my religious beliefs when dealing with a religious bigot who is attempting to poison the well. Interesting (lack of) reasoning there.

 

As for showing you, I already have with direct quotes. I'm not inclined to repeat myself until your dementia stops impairing your mental function.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Trumptman, you've been away a while. Jimmac has returned and learned a new phrase:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Nice dodge...

 

It's sort of an all-purpose phrase for him to use when someone doesn't answer precisely in a manner acceptable to his rational, logical and discerning intellect. (wink if I could)

 

Crazy thing is the "dodge" is always about him trying to ignore the thread premise and instead personally attack a poster. If you refuse to give him the ammo with which to personally attack you, then you are "dodging" him because he prefers to attack rather than discuss our failed president.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

 

Oh my God! You're so right! You only post items that are running over with substance for the topic!lol.gif

 

As a matter of fact most of the posts replying to me lately haven't answered the questions I've asked. And as far as being on topic they've pretty much been about me!lol.gif

 

Jesus! ( head shakes if it could )

 

Most people and their replies haven't indulged your inane requests and attempt to attack them rather than discuss the thread topic? Wow, how shocking. Keep winking.

 

Quote:

Because you won't answer mine and originally I was addressing trumpy not you ( but if the shoe fits... ). Unless you're one in the..........Nah!lol.gif

 

Jimmac, does your neighbor know you rape little girls?

Does your town know you are a convicted rapist?

Does your work know you spend time watching child porn instead of doing your job?

 

If you don't care to make this about your or answered those loaded questions.... well....nice dodge.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #39 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Nice dodge but you didn't answer any questions or fess up to the fact that you've voted for what you're complaining about.

 

 

And I have? Show me where? Please let's see the quote that says I'm against anyone of those religions you listed being in office. I'm waiting trumpy.

 

I haven't answered questions about my religious beliefs when dealing with a religious bigot who is attempting to poison the well. Interesting (lack of) reasoning there.

 

As for showing you, I already have with direct quotes. I'm not inclined to repeat myself until your dementia stops impairing your mental function.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Trumptman, you've been away a while. Jimmac has returned and learned a new phrase:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Nice dodge...

 

It's sort of an all-purpose phrase for him to use when someone doesn't answer precisely in a manner acceptable to his rational, logical and discerning intellect. (wink if I could)

 

Crazy thing is the "dodge" is always about him trying to ignore the thread premise and instead personally attack a poster. If you refuse to give him the ammo with which to personally attack you, then you are "dodging" him because he prefers to attack rather than discuss our failed president.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

 

Oh my God! You're so right! You only post items that are running over with substance for the topic!lol.gif

 

As a matter of fact most of the posts replying to me lately haven't answered the questions I've asked. And as far as being on topic they've pretty much been about me!lol.gif

 

Jesus! ( head shakes if it could )

 

Most people and their replies haven't indulged your inane requests and attempt to attack them rather than discuss the thread topic? Wow, how shocking. Keep winking.

 

Quote:

Because you won't answer mine and originally I was addressing trumpy not you ( but if the shoe fits... ). Unless you're one in the..........Nah!lol.gif

 

Jimmac, does your neighbor know you rape little girls?

Does your town know you are a convicted rapist?

Does your work know you spend time watching child porn instead of doing your job?

 

If you don't care to make this about your or answered those loaded questions.... well....nice dodge.

 

Quote:

Jimmac, does your neighbor know you rape little girls?

Does your town know you are a convicted rapist?

Does your work know you spend time watching child porn instead of doing your job?

 

Wow! like I said fixation.

 

 

 

Quote:

I haven't answered questions about my religious beliefs when dealing with a religious bigot who is attempting to poison the well. Interesting (lack of) reasoning there.

You know they say that a good rationalization a day is better than sex.

 

 

Quote:

Most people and their replies haven't indulged your inane requests and attempt to attack them rather than discuss the thread topic?

You must be looking in the mirror when you say this.

 

But I ask you have we really discussed the topic since you started your attack? The closest we've come is when you listed the things you don't like about Obama ( not the topic ).

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #40 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You know they say that a good rationalization a day is better than sex.

 

Nice dodge. lol.gif

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › What Romney Believes ~ Just FYI