or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Do we know if dictation will work with Parallels ?

Do we know if dictation will work with Parallels ?

post #1 of 4

It would be fantastic for me if dictation would work with Parallels and Windows - I am assuming there would be no impediment... does anyone know for sure?

post #2 of 4
There's a huge impediment; the fact that this will require Parallels to specifically build the capability into their software.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
post #3 of 4
No, Parallels 7 does not work... Almost does... As the icons for dictate seem to being working The dictation icon is not at the cursor like it should be and of course, when it id done, there is no text to be found anywhere. I bet it is somr buffer awaiting the right software tweak. Tech support suggested that version 8 may have it... Though I am betting it happens soon ( that's a little longer than real soon now).

Meanwhile, you can dictate into the Mac side into a text file, and copy and then paste into the Windows side into anyplace you want. A little awkward, but it does help a lot.
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpun View Post

It would be fantastic for me if dictation would work with Parallels and Windows - I am assuming there would be no impediment... does anyone know for sure?

why not contact Parallels customer support. Perhaps it will go in their "to do" queue

Elmo

Elmo

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Do we know if dictation will work with Parallels ?