or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Rumor: Next-gen iPhone now in production, possible design change in tow
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rumor: Next-gen iPhone now in production, possible design change in tow - Page 4

post #121 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

The Skeumorphic Design is pretty ugly, in my opinion too. As to "who cares what you think"... Then who cares what YOU think? He's as entitled to his opinion, and expressing it, as you are. Liberty of expression is not restricted to jragosta only, you know.

Besides, you're (I believe, on purpose, but you might be honestly mistaken) confusing two very different things under the same "design" word:
- aesthetics, which are dependent on the observer (as well as his cultural environment)
- usability, in which Apple's experience does play a tremendous role

Critics, among which I am, of the skeumorphic designs, obviously distate their aesthetics chiefly. Your ad-hominem argument on his personal expertise doesn't stand.

He's calling everyone a troll when he's the one, unable to stand a debate without insulting.
Truly the "who cares what you think" on a forum is just ridiculous, it defeats the whole point of a forum lol

I like the skeuomorphic design, but it's not something I couldn't live without. And many people in the tech world don't like it.
post #122 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

I'm basing my opinion on the shots of the inside of the back piece, where you can clearly see (IMO of course) that there are many rivet-looking attachment points, a different colour and type of material, and a clear demarkation line between the areas/parts.  

The "rivet" attachment points might be screw-down bosses to mount parts inside. Such features are found on the inside of the 4 and 4S iPhones too, to screw down the several circuits and devices found in those products.

A different color can easily be attributed to a different finish. Polished, machined and diffuse surface finishes can easily be made in the same material, and it can make a big difference in apparent color.

Please note that I'm not saying you're wrong on your opinion that it is two materials, it may well be true. I just don't think it's clear cut given the few images available.
Edited by JeffDM - 7/16/12 at 7:15am
post #123 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by randel77 View Post

The only reason android has a bigger market share is because people choose to buy them.

That's about as far as you can get from the only reason.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #124 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by randel77 View Post

The only reason android has a bigger market share is because people choose to buy them.
That's right - all the people who are choosing to buy cheap phones get an Android.

Your implication people buy them because of the OS is wrong - most average consumers have no idea there are multiple OS's for phones. They bought their phone because it fit their budget.

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply
post #125 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

This just shows that you swallowed the marketing hook, line and sinker.  

Any advertiser would be delighted to find out that you have internalised their buzzwords and PoV in this way.  Ask yourself why you said "modern screen size" and what it actually means as a term.  Why is a larger screen, a more "modern" screen?  It's an advertising term.  It translates to "the latest screen size (trend)" which translates to "what we are selling you this year."  

More proof that people actually want what they are told to want, (regardless of our desire to see ourselves as intelligent, independent, decision-making individual).   

Oh pish posh. A modern TV has a screen size of 40-50". 20 years ago that would have been more like 20-26". Standards change and what is perceived as moden or up to date changes too. All high end android phones now have large screens, and if there wasn't a demand for them they wouldn't sell and so would no longer be made.
Edited by kotatsu - 7/16/12 at 10:01am
post #126 of 129

I agree, a "two-tone" back would be ugly... especially to aesthetically inclined Apple customers. It's a shame that they couldn't come up with another solution, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what the final product looks like. I'm still hoping for a solid, single piece back plate. 

post #127 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post


That's right - all the people who are choosing to buy cheap phones get an Android.
 

 

 

I thought that lots of the people who are choosing to buy a cheap phone get the iPhone?  The 3GS couldn't be any cheaper, and the 4 is a bargain phone as well.  Both of them are selling in huge numbers, so it seem accurate to say that lots of the people who are choosing to buy a cheap phone get the iPhone.

post #128 of 129
The fact that other smart phones are offering larger screen is big.
I tested a Galaxy 2 because of the screen. I figured the return policy was decent enough that I'd return it if I didn't like the phone. I really wanted to see what was on the other side of the fence after having an iPhone for three years or so.
In short, the G2 is now my phone. Screen size is great and the ability to customize the phone is sweet. There are so many things that I keep wondering why Apple doesn't offer that. Well, I really don't care anymore what Apple offers.
post #129 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizSandford View Post

The fact that other smart phones are offering larger screen is big.
I tested a Galaxy 2 because of the screen. I figured the return policy was decent enough that I'd return it if I didn't like the phone. I really wanted to see what was on the other side of the fence after having an iPhone for three years or so.
In short, the G2 is now my phone. Screen size is great and the ability to customize the phone is sweet. There are so many things that I keep wondering why Apple doesn't offer that. Well, I really don't care anymore what Apple offers.

First off, when I read this post it sounded familiar, so I checked your posting history. It appears you have told us this same general story about your new phone about six times already. I don't have Alzheimer's and am able to remember a few things, please tell me something new.

Second, if you "really don't care anymore what Apple offers", then why are you here?

We've always been at war with Eastasia...

Reply

We've always been at war with Eastasia...

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Rumor: Next-gen iPhone now in production, possible design change in tow