or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Purported next-gen iPhone front panel has centered FaceTime camera
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Purported next-gen iPhone front panel has centered FaceTime camera - Page 3

post #81 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonshf View Post

 

Agreed. Also, while talking on the phone in the rain, there will be less chance of moisture getting into the phone.

I've seen a cool new item in the market recently. Its an accessory that you plug in to the slot for the headphones. It could be a simple monotone colored plug, while some of them had animal figures, jewelry, or other things like balls and skulls. It covers the port well, and adds another look customization to the iPhone. I even saw one that doubled as a capacitive stylus. lol

post #82 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoRisinSD View Post

 

The pattern you are basing your logic off isn't actually there.

 

There was never an iPhone "3"... it was the iPhone "3G", as in 3G radio. So if we take that into account, let's see how this all shakes out...

 

iPhone (original)

iPhone 3G (named after major new feature)

iPhone 3GS (speed bump, nothing to do with phone revision)

iPhone 4 (the first iPhone with the identifier tied to the revision)

iPhone 4S (speed bump)

 

So your pattern now looks like: 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S... there is no pattern there.

 

Hi "iPhone 6" guys - just wanted to let you know that after all of my "it should be iPhone 5" comments last month, I'm truly humbled by everyone's, including all tech review sites', use of "iPhone 6" instead of what logic and human nature dictates should have been "iPhone 5".

Oh wait - that was YOUR alternate universe. Sorry! Time to turn back to iPhone 5, the reality channel.
post #83 of 94
Originally Posted by kustardking View Post
Hi "iPhone 6" guys - just wanted to let you know that after all of my "it should be iPhone 5" comments last month, I'm truly humbled by everyone's, including all tech review sites', use of "iPhone 6" instead of what logic and human nature dictates should have been "iPhone 5".

Oh wait - that was YOUR alternate universe. Sorry! Time to turn back to iPhone 5, the reality channel.

 

Keep your pants on, Jethro. There was absolutely no reason to bring this thread back with this tripe, but since you 5ers can't seem to get it through your skulls, here's proof that you're at least wrong about what you've just said.

 

1000

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #84 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoRisinSD View Post

The pattern you are basing your logic off isn't actually there.

There was never an iPhone "3"... it was the iPhone "3G", as in 3G radio. So if we take that into account, let's see how this all shakes out...

iPhone (original)
iPhone 3G (named after major new feature)
iPhone 3GS (speed bump, nothing to do with phone revision)
iPhone 4 (the first iPhone with the identifier tied to the revision)
iPhone 4S (speed bump)

So your pattern now looks like: 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S... there is no pattern there.


Actually, there is a very clear pattern. The 3G was named because there was something in the device that was 3rd generation. The 4 was named as such because it was the 4th revision of the iPhone. As you state, the 'S' designation noted an increase in speed. The original, well, was just called iPhone.

There is absolutely nothing 5th generation about the 6th gen iPhone running iOS 6 with 4G LTE tech in the 4th case design. The only reason to call it iPhone 5 is the same reason intelligent people have to deal with the stupidity and ignorance of other people in society.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #85 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Keep your pants on, Jethro. There was absolutely no reason to bring this thread back with this tripe, but since you 5ers can't seem to get it through your skulls, here's proof that you're at least wrong about what you've just said.

 

1000

 


You've proven my point - it takes several *paragraphs* of technical dissertation to support the non-starter that is "iPhone 6". It is the iPhone 5, simple as that, as evidenced by *headlines* and general discussion. I'll give you "the new iPhone", too.

Oh, and I said it would either be the iPhone 5 or the "new iPhone". My point isn't that it will be the iPhone 5, rather it WILL NOT BE the iPhone 6, which is what you 6ers like to push that, if it had a number, it should be.

By the way, I knew you'd be the one to reply to my post. Thanks!
post #86 of 94
Originally Posted by kustardking View Post
You've proven my point - it takes several *paragraphs* of technical dissertation to support the non-starter that is "iPhone 6". It is the iPhone 5, simple as that, as evidenced by *headlines* and general discussion. I'll give you "the new iPhone", too.

 

No. It takes one effing sentence.

 

"So today, we're introducing the new iPhone."

 

It is not the iPhone 5. Period. Go Google for "iPhone 2". You'll find maybe two articles remaining. Guess what absolutely every single website on the Internet called the second iPhone before it was launched? "iPhone 2". Guess what absolutely no one on the planet calls it now? "iPhone 2".

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #87 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

No. It takes one effing sentence.

 

"So today, we're introducing the new iPhone."

 

It is not the iPhone 5. Period. Go Google for "iPhone 2". You'll find maybe two articles remaining. Guess what absolutely every single website on the Internet called the second iPhone before it was launched? "iPhone 2". Guess what absolutely no one on the planet calls it now? "iPhone 2".

 

Haha - my original points are all correct, and you're wrong. Take it like a man. It's being called the iPhone 5 or the "new iPhone", no one outside technical dogmatics are calling it the iPhone 6. And, of course, now that it is being called the iPhone 5, those same hardliners realize that 5 comes after 4, which comes after 3.

Here's another brain teaser, TS: If there were nothing else other than the iPhone 4, and you knew nothing of Apple's pipeline, what would be your guess as to the next model? I know you don't dare say 5, because that would cancel all your previous posts, but I can tell you that *I* bothered to ask people, usually in a grocery line, and they *always* say 5.

Again, I'm not arguing that it will be 5 - in fact I think it will be the "new" iPhone - but I am arguing against the technical blackhole minds that that provide paragraphs like you did to support a totally ingrown notion of how product branding appears to the general public.

If you've gone astray with your thinking, I encourage you to read *all* the headlines on the iPhone from AppleInsider since this thread started. "5" and "new". Done.
post #88 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by kustardking View Post

Oh, and I said it would either be the iPhone 5 or the "new iPhone". My point isn't that it will be the iPhone 5, rather it WILL NOT BE the iPhone 6, which is what you 6ers like to push that, if it had a number, it should be.

Us "6ers" have been saying it will not be the iPhone 5. That's it! All arguments and facts have pointed to why 5 makes no sense. It's that fucking simple! You have stated outright that it will be called iPhone 5. Period!

PS: http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipad-iphone/news/?newsid=19346 At least iPhone 2 actually made sense even though marketing 3G was the more reasonable belief.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #89 of 94

Why wouldn't it make sense? It might be unlikely to be the 5th, but it still makes sense, considering how dumb Apple thinks we are. They wouldn't know their consumers could actually trace it back and identify that it is not a 5th generation phone. They might just make it iPhone 5 for the very sake of less complicated people to understand.
 

post #90 of 94
Originally Posted by kustardking View Post
Haha - my original points are all correct, and you're wrong. Take it like a man.

 

Every single thing you've said is incorrect. Why would you pretend otherwise? I'm certainly glad that the Samsung crowd doesn't act like this.


It's being called the iPhone 5 or the "new iPhone", no one outside technical dogmatics are calling it the iPhone 6.

 

Not even me. Because the latter is correct. The former is not.


And, of course, now that it is being called the iPhone 5, those same hardliners realize that 5 comes after 4, which comes after 3.

 

Except it isn't, because that's not even a point of consideration, because 3 doesn't come immediately after 1. 

 

Here's another brain teaser, TS: If there were nothing else other than the iPhone 4, and you knew nothing of Apple's pipeline, what would be your guess as to the next model? I know you don't dare say 5, because that would cancel all your previous posts…

 

So in your world, the number 5 isn't the next integer after 4. So why are you fighting so hard for 5 to come after… Aha! Because in your world, people count, "One, Threegee, ThreegeeEes, Four, FourEss, Five"!

 

We've found a dimensional traveler, ladies and gentlemen.


Again, I'm not arguing that it will be 5 - in fact I think it will be the "new" iPhone - but I am arguing against the technical blackhole minds that that provide paragraphs like you did to support a totally ingrown notion of how product branding appears to the general public.

 

And Apple proved to you four years ago (and this year and last year and in 1977 and in 1984 and in 2000 and in 2005 and…) that they dont give a frick about what the general public thinks and will do what they want to do regardless of what the Internet says is the next name of their device.

 

Originally Posted by imbrucewayne View Post
Why wouldn't it make sense?

 

With this question, you tell us that either you haven't actually read our arguments and therefore have no right to be commenting on them or you're ignoring them because you feel like it and therefore have no reason to be responding to us in the first place. 

 

…considering how dumb Apple thinks we are. They wouldn't know their consumers could actually trace it back and identify that it is not a 5th generation phone. 

 

Apple considers us intelligent enough to handle the fact that last year's iPad has a 2 in the name and this year's iPad has no numbers in the name. I'm pretty sure we can handle an iPhone with no number.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #91 of 94

I did read. It was about the real count of the product.. and the real number sequence and all that. I also am an advocate of the idea that it won't even have a number and just call it the new iPhone. but to purely bash it down that it is senseless to think that Apple won't slap a 5 there is an exaggeration in my opinion. I would go with "highly unlikely" rather than "completely impossible". Apple is unpredictable that way. ;)

post #92 of 94
Originally Posted by imbrucewayne View Post
…but to purely bash it down that it is senseless to think that Apple won't slap a 5 there is an exaggeration in my opinion.

 

If Apple chose to forgo an accurate number on a product, I imagine they'll choose to forgo an inaccurate number, as well.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #93 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

If Apple chose to forgo an accurate number on a product, I imagine they'll choose to forgo an inaccurate number, as well.

 

Just a note to TS and all other people with pattern recognition problems: take a look at the big "5" shadow coming off of Apple's Sep. 12th announcement.
post #94 of 94
Originally Posted by kustardking View Post
Just a note to TS and all other people with pattern recognition problems: take a look at the big "5" shadow coming off of Apple's Sep. 12th announcement.

 

Yeah, there wasn't much reason to bring back an old thread to rehash the same argument as in the modern one. Also, we still don't know anything about the announcement. 

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Purported next-gen iPhone front panel has centered FaceTime camera