or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Ex-Google exec Marissa Mayer to take helm at Yahoo

Ex-Google exec Marissa Mayer to take helm at Yahoo - Page 3

post #81 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

Incorrect. Steve Jobs was highly accomplished by 1997. He started a company in a garage. He made the Apple I and Apple II. They then made the Mac, and revolutionised entire aspects of humanity. Apple was known for earth-shattering marketing campaigns and a litany of innovative ideas. Pixar and NEXT were perhaps not recognised as much back then but if you look at the interviews something was ticking in Steve's mind. Apple bought NEXT, leading to Steve Jobs' return.
I do not see any evidence that Marissa, however accomplished she is, is anywhere at the level of Steve Jobs when he returned to Apple.
Therefore, given the state of Yahoo, at this point in time there is no reason to believe Marissa can turn around the company to any worthwhile position even in 10 years.

Or you could say that he had ran two companies (even though he created them) into the ground. Read the bio again...

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

post #82 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post
If Marissa can do to Yahoo what Steve did with Apple, it will be the greatest turnaround in recent history. Like I said, it seems quite unlikely though.

Well, what SJ did was the greatest turnaround in history...and if Marissa DOES take Yahoo! from its current state to biggest market cap in the world... amazing it will be.

HP also would need a new CEO, and I hear Microsoft has a monkey with issues in command, but it might just be jealous people with sleazy tongues speaking behind a very talented CEO's back :p

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Ex-Google exec Marissa Mayer to take helm at Yahoo