or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Court denies second Samsung attempt to stay Galaxy Tab injunction

Court denies second Samsung attempt to stay Galaxy Tab injunction - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

The injunctions issued in Germany for both Microsoft and Motorola are nothing similar to the conclusion reached by a preliminary injunction. Those cases actually determined infringement, where as a preliminary injunction simply makes a determination based upon an evaluation of 4 criteria with no conclusion on infringement. Is this your "changing the topic" post to deflect from the fact that you inaccurately stated what a preliminary injunction implies?

I am talking about the injunction that came into force in the US yesterday, the one Microsoft won against Google in May regarding scheduling of meetings.

Banned is banned.

The link is Android.

Edited by hill60 - 7/20/12 at 1:24pm
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I've been curious about how you arrived at a conclusion Google is a patent troll? What defines a patent troll to you?

Buying up companies for the sole purpose of using IP for litigation.

Using a subsidiary to abuse SEP's.

Shady deals to "rent out" patents to third parties for the sole purpose of litigation, fortunately the court saw through this dodgy deal involving HTC.

Hiring people to make comments like the ones you make in order to convince people Google are not patent trolls with reasonably sounding garbage and attempts to sidetrack discussion of this issue into circular arguments which go nowhere.

post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

So in the UK a judge says Samsung didn't copy the iPad and Apple must apologize to Samsung for claiming it did BUT in the U.S. a judge says that Samsung did copy the iPad and must stop selling their tablet. Have I got that about right? 

That is because different countries have different laws. Furthermore, judicial interpretations of statutes vary.

post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Buying up companies for the sole purpose of using IP for litigation.

Using a subsidiary to abuse SEP's.

Shady deals to "rent out" patents to third parties for the sole purpose of litigation, fortunately the court saw through this dodgy deal involving HTC.

Hiring people to make comments like the ones you make in order to convince people Google are not patent trolls with reasonably sounding garbage and attempts to sidetrack discussion of this issue into circular arguments which go nowhere.

Get your tin foil hats, ladies and gentleman.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Court denies second Samsung attempt to stay Galaxy Tab injunction