or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › SECRETIVE ESTABLISHMENT ELITE MITT ROMNEY HIDES EVEN HIS TAXES. EVER HEARD OF GOVERNMENT?

SECRETIVE ESTABLISHMENT ELITE MITT ROMNEY HIDES EVEN HIS TAXES. EVER HEARD OF GOVERNMENT?

post #1 of 19

GOVERNMENT RELIES ON IT'S POPULATION TO PAY TAXES AND YET MITT ROMNEY APPARENTLY WOULDN'T EVEN HAVE RUN FOR PRESIDENT IF HE HAD TO DISCLOSE HOW MUCH HE'S PAID!

Whilst tax avoidance has angered sensible people all over the world, who are seeing austerity measures imposed often on those who's lives are the most effected by such cuts, whilst the very rich set up Swiss bank accounts and trusts to pay sometimes no taxes at all,  Mitt Romney has the audacity to not even tell the public whilst running for POTUS how much he's paid in taxes.

He is a disgrace and I hope the right of centre here won't try to defend him on it.

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #2 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

GOVERNMENT RELIES ON IT'S POPULATION TO PAY TAXES AND YET MITT ROMNEY APPARENTLY WOULDN'T EVEN HAVE RUN FOR PRESIDENT IF HE HAD TO DISCLOSE HOW MUCH HE'S PAID!

Stop with the fucking ALL CAPS!

Quote:

Whilst tax avoidance has angered sensible people all over the world...

Good job begging the question on the whole "tax avoidance has angered sensible people" bit. :rolleyes:

Quote:

He is a disgrace and I hope the right of centre here won't try to defend him on it.

I will.

As far as I'm concerned his income and his taxes are no one's business but his own. It's not yours or mine. This is one of the fundamental flaws with the income tax. It is inherently an invasion of privacy which leftists, like yourselves, are more than happy to protest...until you want to invade someone's privacy.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #3 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Stop with the fucking ALL CAPS!

Good job begging the question on the whole "tax avoidance has angered sensible people" bit. :rolleyes:

I will.

As far as I'm concerned his income and his taxes are no one's business but his own. It's not yours or mine. This is one of the fundamental flaws with the income tax. It is inherently an invasion of privacy which leftists, like yourselves, are more than happy to protest...until you want to invade someone's privacy.

The caps was a mistake and I couldn't be bothered correcting it. Please don't quote me though!

If your average Joe had the luxury of Swiss bank accounts and other complex tax avoidance schemes, then you might have a point, but they don't. The average person has a crippling tax burden and no way out. Romney on the other hand has a fortune and wants to raise taxes on the poorest people in society whilst cutting the benefits they get for paying taxes. 

I really think you genuinely want to spread liberty and prosperity, but what we have here is a man running for POTUS who isn't prepared to help people see how he operates when it comes to his own personal choices regarding taxes. At the very least he's damaging his own parties reputation (however shredded that already is).

post #4 of 19
Quote:

The caps was a mistake and I couldn't be bothered correcting it.

Nice.

Quote:

Please don't quote me though!

Why not?

Quote:

If your average Joe had the luxury of Swiss bank accounts and other complex tax avoidance schemes, then you might have a point, but they don't. The average person has a crippling tax burden and no way out. Romney on the other hand has a fortune and wants to raise taxes on the poorest people in society whilst cutting the benefits they get for paying taxes.

Well then let's lower their tax burden. You and your friends don't want to do this, you simply want to raise taxes on others. So let's reduce government spending and taxes (for everyone).

Quote:

I really think you genuinely want to spread liberty and prosperity, but what we have here is a man running for POTUS who isn't prepared to help people see how he operates when it comes to his own personal choices regarding taxes. At the very least he's damaging his own parties reputation (however shredded that already is).

You're right, I do. Also, I don't really care about the Republican party (or even Mitt Romney.) I was merely expressing my strongly held position that whether I like him (or not), envy him (or not), respect him (or not), support him (or not), is personal finances are none of my business nor is it yours any anyone demanding that he reveal them is guilty of the worst kind of arrogance and privacy invasion.

post #5 of 19
Quote:

Since shortly after WWII, the US economy and infrastructure has been disproportionately based upon militarism, and for an early part of that period, cheap/plentiful domestic oil, respectively. We're now out of cheap, domestic oil, but we keep doing war, largely to ensure a secure and steady supply of oil (energy) upon which that infrastructure was originally built. War is always an expensive undertaking, especially when they are fought for reasons other than pure defense, and who has to pay for it? We the taxpayer. The Iraq and Afghanistan war has been estimated to have cost up to an extra $4 Trillion over and above the normal peacetime "defense" budget, and still mounting. I am no fan of income tax, but without it, who would pay for the astronomical costs of the so-called "war on terror", a huge corporate welfare gravy train, with which the US right wing is so enamored?

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #6 of 19

It is the business of the American citizen to know what a potential presidential candidate is worth and what assets they have. Transparency and honesty is what Romney is not about! Not only Liberals but republicans are wanting Romney to release more tax returns which he should.

post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

War is always an expensive undertaking, especially when they are fought for reasons other than pure defense, and who has to pay for it? We the taxpayer. The Iraq and Afghanistan war has been estimated to have cost up to an extra $4 Trillion over and above the normal peacetime "defense" budget, and still mounting. I am no fan of income tax, but without it, who would pay for the astronomical costs of the so-called "war on terror", a huge corporate welfare gravy train, with which the US right wing is so enamored?

Bingo.

Of course it isn't just the warfare state. But you've got part of it nailed.

post #8 of 19
Quote:

Bingo.

Of course it isn't just the warfare state. But you've got part of it nailed.

Nobody within the political establishment is comfortable challenging the warfare welfare state, or exploring ways reduce it without impacting the economy... so many of our jobs are based, both directly and indirectly on the "military security media industrial complex" - and the energy sector as well, which is intimately tied in. To do such is an instant vote loser - the media crucifies anyone who goes this route.

Who, within the corporate-government powers-that-be is going to prepare for the future when there is no instant reward visible in the next quarter's bottom line? 

post #9 of 19

This entire thread (and "news" story) is a joke.  It is a red herring thrust upon us by the Obama campaign and its allies in the media.  The fact of the matter is that there is no requirement to release tax returns...it is merely a matter of tradition. Romney took part in that tradition by releasing a year. Over the years, he has paid many millions in taxes.   Many politicians (such as Nancy Pelosi) refuse to release ANY of their tax returns.  Additionally, at least 5 WH staffers have foreign investments.  Does that disqualify them, too?  Moreover, do you not recognize the rank hypocrisy of a President who demands additional tax returns while refusing to release: 

• Occidental College records
  • Columbia records (one well-known professor has said that "no one" remembers Obama)
  • Harvard records
  • Columbia Thesis on nuclear negations with the Soviet Union
  • Harvard Law Review articles
  • University of Chicago scholarly articles 
  • Medical records
  • Illinois Senate Records
  • Illinois Bar Records

The above notwithstanding, there is another point to be made:  We as a nation are in dire straights.  We have over $16 Trillion in debt.  We've had four straight deficits of over $1 Trillion, with no end in sight.  The economy is floundering, with lackluster job growth and 41 straight months of 8+% official unemployment (11% estimated actual unemployment).  Iran is likely building nuclear weapons and threatening to plunge the entire Middle East into war.  The Muslim Brotherhood now runs Egypt.  China is manipulating their currency and kicking our ass in manufacturing and exporting, as well as rapidly modernizing their military.  Russia is challenging our power all over the globe.  Syria is in flames.  50% of our population receives government benefits.  We have problems with drugs, violence, education and a decaying, caustic culture.  Given all these problems, you mean to tell me we're talking about Mitt Romney's fucking tax returns?  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #10 of 19
Tax returns are important. But the more the discussion about Romney is the more it is about "the lesser of two evils". Americans, and the world, deserve more than this.
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

Tax returns are important. But the more the discussion about Romney is the more it is about "the lesser of two evils". Americans, and the world, deserve more than this.

No, we don't.  And if you happen to disagree, then I assume you'll also be demanding the list of Obama documents I detailed.  Don't we deserve more than this?  

post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

No, we don't.  And if you happen to disagree, then I assume you'll also be demanding the list of Obama documents I detailed.  Don't we deserve more than this?  

I demand tax returns from Obama and Romney. Why the heck would I need their Medical Records as you are demanding? You're saying, we're asking for tax returns from Romney, so we need a whole pile of less important stuff from Obama.

Decide on what the important documents are, not a list 10 miles long, and then make Obama and Romney disclose those Top 10. Otherwise some will say, "oh, Obama's dental records are important" and demand that.
post #13 of 19

Remember when Willard's father released 12 years of tax returns when he ran for president?

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=6hNdAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MVoNAAAAIBAJ&dq=george-romney%20tax-returns&pg=1118%2C3648005

Oh Mittens.  Your dad would be so proud.  

And remember when Mr. White Horse Wannabe called Blind Trusts a ruse and then this year touted how his money was in blind trusts?  Here's a refresher in case you missed it:

Oops.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #14 of 19

Remember when Al Gore's daddy filibustered the Civil Rights Act?

Perhaps we should spend some time discussing what Barack Obama's dad did and whether President Obama will or ought to emulate it.

If Mitt were smart he ought to go get his dad's tax returns and show how 12 years of them on paper probably don't add to even one year of his tax filings now in regard to government rules and their complexity.

Obama hasn't run anything resembling a clean campaign so far or even one that attempts to show how his leadership has and will improve the lives of the average U.S. citizen. When someone wants to run dirty, you aren't obligated to help them. Mitt has done more than the law requires. The rest is just a request for Obama's opposition research team and since they haven't been truthful about anything yet, why enable or help them?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #15 of 19

It has done a lot closing down business, hiding offshore accounts and approving Ryan's plan. A real winner!

post #16 of 19

Stop with Obama every time we put down your candidate Romney you come up with another zinger. Romney has no backbone at all. He is spineless! Who the hell wants this for a president to lead this country!

post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

It has done a lot closing down business, hiding offshore accounts and approving Ryan's plan. A real winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Stop with Obama every time we put down your candidate Romney you come up with another zinger. Romney has no backbone at all. He is spineless! Who the hell wants this for a president to lead this country!

You shouldn't drunk post. It makes you look bad.

post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

You shouldn't drunk post. It makes you look bad.

I think he's doing fine.
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

I think he's doing fine.

Then maybe you shouldn't read drunk. lol.gif

I actually don't even think marvfox is real.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › SECRETIVE ESTABLISHMENT ELITE MITT ROMNEY HIDES EVEN HIS TAXES. EVER HEARD OF GOVERNMENT?