or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's next iPhone reaffirmed to have smaller 19-pin dock connector

Apple's next iPhone reaffirmed to have smaller 19-pin dock connector - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Me being one, I paid $500 to have one installed prior to delivery on my new Jeep Grand Cherokee a few years back as Chrysler, the cheap bar stewards, didn't include one, and this a a Limited Edition!
So I for one trust there will be a simple inline adapter. It will no doubt cost an arm and a leg.

If you were willing to pay $500 to have a 30 pin connector put in your gas guzzler, it's unlikely that the adapter will cost "an arm and a leg" relative to your gigantic spending habits. 

post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post
I don't know what we'd all do without you to pass your knee-jerk opinion on every single thing in the universe.  

Anymore when a new standard comes out, it replaces everything before it.

Thunderbolt is replacing USB (in process) and FireWire (pretty much done already), and once optical is more widespread, it should replace Ethernet. It's also replacing DisplayPort, DVI, and VGA. The latter of which is still going to be whoring itself out to devices until 2014, which I'll never understand.

USB replaced every data port before it across multiple platforms (except RS232, apparently lol.gif).

WiMAX had its shot, but LTE is replacing both CDMA and GSM data services worldwide.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I'd rather they adopted something like MagSafe + Thunderbolt... or simply wireless everything, including power.

Things don't become possible just because you wish they were however.  Most of that is not technically feasible at the moment and would have no advantage even if implemented.  

post #44 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I have yet to find a company that makes a single USB-to-RJ45 cable with the serial components built in. I'd pay good money for them if they existed.

This $ 27 cable from Amazon won't work?
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

This $ 27 cable from Amazon won't work?

Yes and no. It'll work for one half of the connection. I'd still need to connect that DB9 male end to another cable with the DB-9 female end that leads to a RJ-45 end. With as common as this setup is I'm surprised no one has made the USB-to-RJ-45 cable.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's next iPhone reaffirmed to have smaller 19-pin dock connector