or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple wins EU-wide ban on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, loses Galaxy Tab 10.1N appeal

Apple wins EU-wide ban on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, loses Galaxy Tab 10.1N appeal - Page 2

post #41 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

From that link:
Pretty clear to me.

I still fail to see the Germany hands all over it!

post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochyming View Post

I still fail to see the Germany hands all over it!

Well, I was agreeing with you :D

post #43 of 50
Quote:

Well, I was agreeing with you :D

lol.gif: Indeed!

post #44 of 50
Quote:

From that link:
Pretty clear to me.

For me too. Especially this part: "the European Court of Justice held that European patents are national rights that must be enforced nationally"

What i'm not sure of, as i stated in my previous post when i replied to Ochyming, is if Apple is suing for a patent registered under the EPC or not. If Apple is suing under international laws for patents registered in the US, which i strongly believe, then EPC doesn't apply to this case and thus it fells under the common criteria that i pointed out. That's why i said it would be nice to see the exact Court's ruling: to see the parties involved (if it's Apple USA suing Samsung Europe (which may very well have headquarters in Germany), or other subsidiaries involved). Also the ruling would break light onto which patents were violated, and where were these patents registered. 

I tend to repeat myself only because others seem not to see or read my entire posts: The way i see it Apple (US or Germany) went after Samsung's subsidiary in Germany that acts as the mother company for the whole EU distribution. If that's the case then it makes sense that the legal action was promoted in Germany.

post #45 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by genovelle View Post

They copied the hell out to the iPad.  I have the black and it looks identical to this Samsung with the exception of the home button.  They are a slimy company!

Actually just about every Android tablet looks like that, so does the BlackBerry Playbook in fact just about every tablet today has rounded corners, and a bezel because that is how the display's are made.  Does the BB PlayBook infringe on the iPad?  NO it does not.

The battle is just a way to keep competition from the market.

-Typed on my iPad3 on Verizon LTE.

post #46 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorOO7 View Post
…just about every tablet today has rounded corners, and a bezel because that is how the display's are made.

No.

Quote:

The battle is just a way to keep competition from the market.

No, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
-Typed on my iPad3 on Verizon LTE.

OH IN THAT CASE YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY RIGHT. HOW SILLY OF US.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

post #47 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No.

No, you have no idea what you're talking about.

OH IN THAT CASE YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY RIGHT. HOW SILLY OF US.

At least he was trying to make an argument. Saying that he has no idea of what he's talking about hardly pushed the discussion forward.

post #48 of 50
Quote:
At least he was trying to make an argument. Saying that he has no idea of what he's talking about hardly pushed the discussion forward.

No, he wasn't trying to make an argument. He was parroting the same lies that they all copy/paste.

post #49 of 50

Here we have the Blackberry Playbook, Motorola Xoom, new iPad & the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

Blackberry Playbook

Yeah i like superheroes :p what of it :p

post #50 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiD View Post

For me too. Especially this part: "the European Court of Justice held that European patents are national rights that must be enforced nationally"

What i'm not sure of, as i stated in my previous post when i replied to Ochyming, is if Apple is suing for a patent registered under the EPC or not. If Apple is suing under international laws for patents registered in the US, which i strongly believe, then EPC doesn't apply to this case and thus it fells under the common criteria that i pointed out. That's why i said it would be nice to see the exact Court's ruling: to see the parties involved (if it's Apple USA suing Samsung Europe (which may very well have headquarters in Germany), or other subsidiaries involved). Also the ruling would break light onto which patents were violated, and where were these patents registered. 

I tend to repeat myself only because others seem not to see or read my entire posts: The way i see it Apple (US or Germany) went after Samsung's subsidiary in Germany that acts as the mother company for the whole EU distribution. If that's the case then it makes sense that the legal action was promoted in Germany.

Europe

Samsung Electronics

Europe Headquarters

Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive,

Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS

That'll be the UK, west of London.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple wins EU-wide ban on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, loses Galaxy Tab 10.1N appeal