or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › chat and text, how do I keep it off of iCloud?

chat and text, how do I keep it off of iCloud?

post #1 of 5

We have our own iPhones, a household iPad and Mac workbook.  How do I keep my texts and chats off of the other devices when they are all linked to iCloud?  Some friends use android, most are on iphone, but I don't want the family seeing every conversation I have.

post #2 of 5

By not using that same iCloud account for all the devices.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #3 of 5

will apps like 'WhatsApp' sync with everything via iCloud?

post #4 of 5

And can I use 2 different icloud accounts?  i.e. 90% of the time on my iphone I am on the 'family' icloud account on my iphone, and when I chat with friends etc. I use the other icloud account on my iphone?

post #5 of 5
Try setting the "Receive at:" box to a different account than the one you use for e rest of the system.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › chat and text, how do I keep it off of iCloud?