or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Jobs joins George Washington, others in TIME's most influential Americans list

Steve Jobs joins George Washington, others in TIME's most influential Americans list - Page 2

post #41 of 45

Sitting Bull???

...well, half right...

post #42 of 45

Sigh...
Please pay attention to the post you respond to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zozman View Post

I figured it was easier to say he was Yugoslav then explaining it on here,

You figured you would first say he is Yugoslav and then explain it in your next post? Why not just do it all in the same post?
(hint - go look up definition of 'then' and 'than')
http://www.diffen.com/difference/Than_vs_Then

Quote:
*Sigh*  Anyways, that has got to be up there with one of the stupidest things i have read on here, "became a naturalized, U.S. citizen at 35" well i guess he's from America then

Why do you say "he's from America"?
He was American based on he was an American citizen, as were Einstein, Bell, Washington and Watson (from previous posts). He was also a Serb based on family ethnicity.
Time did not qualify "American" only as someone born in the U.S. after it became a country and lived only in the U.S.

Sorry if you feel Tesla did not accomplish enough to be included in this list but that has nothing to do with his or your nationality/place of birth/pedigree/whatever.

[quote] then i get someone telling me about the country my whole family is from.[/quote]
Please make sure your complete biography is posted in your  profile and link to your profile any time you make any statements you deem relevant to that profile.

Even then, no one will care.

Don't bother responding.

post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Sigh...
Please pay attention to the post you respond to...

You figured you would first say he is Yugoslav and then explain it in your next post? Why not just do it all in the same post?
(hint - go look up definition of 'then' and 'than')
http://www.diffen.com/difference/Than_vs_Then

Nice misdirection instead of actually having something to say 

The reason is, it doesn't really matter, its a very short sighted small detailed way of looking at the world not big picture or with common sense, which is fine.
I shouldn't judge.

Use it well, god speed big guy ;)

post #44 of 45
No idea what your last post has to with this article...
But based on the post I responded to, Tesla should replace Edison.
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

No idea what your last post has to with this article...
But based on the post I responded to, Tesla should replace Edison.

Tesla was an amazing eccentric genius who wanted to contribute to the world and who had much better inventive ideas than Edison. However, taken as a whole, Edison and his associates made a bigger impact on America. Edison happened to be a world class douchebag (they don't teach that in gradeschool history class) and it was precisely this douchebaggery that allowed Edison to have the enormous impact that he did. I'm not endorsing Edison's behavior though. Cue "nice guys finish last" joke.

Personally, I'd love to see Tesla replace Edison on the list.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Jobs joins George Washington, others in TIME's most influential Americans list