or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung smartphone shipments estimated at 52M, doubling Apple's iPhone

Samsung smartphone shipments estimated at 52M, doubling Apple's iPhone - Page 4

post #121 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So you don't think there's a problem with giving a product a name that has nothing to do with the product? You'd be fine with Apple releasing a purple laptop and calling it the "WinScribe Blue"?

Touch it twice.

Ahhh...there you go! Good boy! You just bought a iPhone 4S...we knew you could do it! Don't you just love Siri? That is the lastest iPhone be released...so onto iPhone 5 :-)

Tallest Skil:

"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."

Tallest Skil:

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."

post #122 of 199
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post
Ahhh...there you go! Good boy! You just bought a iPhone 4S...we knew you could do it! Don't you just love Siri? That is the lastest iPhone be released...so onto iPhone 5 :-)

It's pathetic to see that when proven wrong you still think you were right in any capacity, even going so far as pretend I'm a toddler despite not knowing how grammar works.

How many iPhones have come out since 2007? Please say six.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

post #123 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Europe and Asia? The Samsung Galaxy SIII is incredibly popular in the UK.

The amount of butthurt in this thread is hilarious. Go check Samsung's quarterly reports - they're making a lot of money at the moment. It's pretty obvious that they're not stuffing the channel.

Check the some of other Samsung phones, the ones outselling the GS III by over 4 to 1.

Starting at forty quid

This one's a beauty, what a powerhouse

A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
post #124 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

No, Sherlock. If they are merely "shipping" and not "selling", there would be no profit at all.  Samsung's balance sheet would look more like LG's (or Sony's for that matter). 

Of Samsung Electronics' four main divisions, only semiconductor and mobile divisions are making 10+% profit. 

Apple 8.8 Billion

Samsung 5.9 Billion

So shipped = sold for Samsung.

RIM on the other hand had to take a lost for products like the playbook.

post #125 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Exactly. Apple sold 27 M premium phones. Samsung sold 52 M phones of all types - everything from high end phones to midrange phones to idiot phones and even feature phones.

Apparently you can't even get past the second word in the title of the article without getting confused. The article clearly states that these numbers are for the 'smartphone' market...not ALL phones.

post #126 of 199
Quote:

It's pathetic to see that when proven wrong you still think you were right in any capacity, even going so far as pretend I'm a toddler despite not knowing how grammar works.

How many iPhones have come out since 2007? Please say six.

lol......so what was the latest iPhone called? Surely it was the iPhone 6???? Oh wait no it is called the iPhone 4S!!!! So what naming scheme has Apple followed you ask? Well let me explain that to you...so far they have followed iPhone 3G, then iPhone 3Gs, then iPhone 4...then the latest one is the iPhone 4S with Siri...you know the one you just bought in the picture. So nowhere do you see any kind of naming scheme based on the generation or iteration of the phone.....But Apple could very well just call the next iPhone just "iPhone" kind of like they have done with the iPad.

Tallest Skil:

Tallest Skil:

post #127 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

What did you fix for anybody?
Apple reports the sale at the time of shipment, ie they have sold it to a subsidy, an end customer, or a distributor. In reality, how is this different to the others?

If you don't understand the basics of revenue recognition -- and the seriousness that it entails by way of penalties for misrepresentation -- and the difference between that and the weasel-y notion of some consultant-generated "shipments" number, I am not even going to try to start. There is no law that says that you can't wallow in ignorance.

I will give you a hint though, if you're truly interested in learning: you want to combine the audited sales data with the "channel inventory" number that Apple always reports (or brings up in its conf call with analysts) to get at how many are actually in consumers' hands.

post #128 of 199
Quote:

Can you please post a reference from Apple specifing the number of iPhones sold per model? The iPhone 3GS is not a premium phone, yet you seem to be including the sales of it in your numbers

I can tell you exactly what average price each of the 26.03M iPhones was sold at. It's a pretty impressive number: $624 per handset (p. 26 of 10Q filed with SEC from Tuesday).

I can assure you that if 3GSs were being given away and in large numbers (as you imply), the 4 and 4S must be selling for some astounding average price! But I am quite content with $624 per handset.

post #129 of 199
Originally Posted by geek dad View Post
So nowhere do you see any kind of naming scheme based on the generation or iteration of the phone...

Except where you just said so, yeah.

…then iPhone 4…

...But Apple could very well just call the next iPhone just "iPhone" kind of like they have done with the iPad

And that option, at least, makes more sense than "none percent".

post #130 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbyrn View Post

BTW AI, have you thought about doing some investigative journalism on these fantastical claims by Samsung/Google?  I work at a major airport in Florida and when running a simple network scan on the free Wi-Fi service, it invariably shows about 90% connections from Apple devices vice anything else.  Where are all these Android phones hiding?

We did the same thing on my summer trip to disney resorts.  About 80% of the devices connected to the wifi were apple devices (including laptops/tablets/phones, ...). But remember most of the Android devices are being sold outside north america. Apple does have a good ratio in the US.

I did saw android devices "in the wild". On my floor at work, 40% of the staff is carrying Samsung phones and the other 40% are iphones. 20% are something else.

The iOS app to scan public networks is FING. I think its free, so enjoy.

Edited by herbapou - 7/26/12 at 1:32pm
post #131 of 199

Samsung is very popular in "third-world countries", where they are sold at ridiculous prices, nowhere near what they sell for in the "developed countries". Samsung probably has to sell 2 or 3 phones for every iPhone sold (when these are available -- a lot of African countries for example, don't have iPhone stores) because the plastic-crap that Samsung makes are not very durable and don't last very long, so replacements/upgrades are common place.

A lot of posters have already pointed out that Apple sells, everyone else ships...

post #132 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

A new estimate pegs Samsung's smartphone shipments for the second quarter of calendar 2012 at 52.1 million, which would be twice the 26 million iPhones Apple sold during the same period.
Apple announced in its quarterly earnings report on Tuesday that it sold 26 million iPhones in the June quarter, representing 28 percent unit growth year over year. Investors expected Apple would have sold closer to 28 million iPhones during the quarter, and viewed the result as a disappointment.
While Samsung is estimated to have taken the lead in smartphone shipments, Apple still remains undisputed in terms of profitability. In the June quarter, Apple saw its third-quarter profits reach $8.8 billion, driven largely by the iPhone, while Samsung saw company-wide profits of $5.9 billion during the same period.

Samsung gives away a phone with everyone sold.  BOGO.  Or they are free.  Yea, Market share means mostly nothing.  Nokia still ships more phones than samsung but they lost a BILLION dollars last year. 

Apple makes more profit from Smart phone sales than the rest of the market combined.   Profit, that thing that pays for R+D, etc. 

Just a thought here but Market share only means anything if everyone is selling the same oranges.  But I will give you that Samsung is slowly trying to make better phones.  

post #133 of 199
Originally Posted by sip View Post
A lot of posters have already pointed out that Apple sells, everyone else ships...

But… but 'real artists ship'! So Apple sucks!

post #134 of 199
Quote:

But… but 'real artists ship'! So Apple sucks!

QFT

post #135 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I can tell you exactly what average price each of the 26.03M iPhones was sold at. It's a pretty impressive number: $624 per handset (p. 26 of 10Q filed with SEC from Tuesday).

I can assure you that if 3GSs were being given away and in large numbers (as you imply), the 4 and 4S must be selling for some astounding average price! But I am quite content with $624 per handset.

You are overstating the average handset price. The 10Q clearly lists 'iPhone revenue' as the following:

• Includes revenue from sales of iPhone, iPhone services, and Apple-branded and third-party iPhone accessories.
  • Includes amortization of related revenue deferred for non-software services and embedded software upgrade rights.

It is $624 on average per handset when factoring in ALL of these other items, not just the handset.

post #136 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldernorm View Post

Apple makes more profit from Smart phone sales than the rest of the market combined.   Profit, that thing that pays for R+D, etc.the lawyers.

There, I fixed that for you. Apple has always been on the lower end for R&D spending compared to others.

post #137 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

You are overstating the average handset price. The 10Q clearly lists 'iPhone revenue' as the following:

• Includes revenue from sales of iPhone, iPhone services, and Apple-branded and third-party iPhone accessories.
  • Includes amortization of related revenue deferred for non-software services and embedded software upgrade rights.

It is $624 on average per handset when factoring in ALL of these other items, not just the handset.

Get serious, and stop the hairsplitting. It just shows that you may not know much about Apple's revenue stream. "iPhone services, and Apple-branded and third-party iPhone accessories" likely account for no more than a very small portion of sales.

If you'd like to think differently, go ahead and do so by all means.

post #138 of 199
Quote:

Apparently you can't even get past the second word in the title of the article without getting confused. The article clearly states that these numbers are for the 'smartphone' market...not ALL phones.

Apparently you can't get past the silly hype and misdirection from Samsung.

In previous reports, they have included everything but the kitchen sink in their list of 'smart phones'. Since there is no real definition, they include everything - including some feature phones and certainly many 'not so smart' phones.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #139 of 199

Samsung's Android ecosystem is way larger than Apple's iPhone ecosystem. The iPhone 5 is 3 months late and the screen is still 4 inch. The competition's 4.5 inch phones, 7 inch tablets and smart LED TV are selling like crazy now.

post #140 of 199
Originally Posted by peter236 View Post
Samsung's Android ecosystem is way larger than Apple's iPhone ecosystem.

Oh, they make computers and set top boxes that run their own OS? They have cloud services and acres of software specifically for their machines?

The iPhone 5 is 3 months late… 

The 5th iPhone came out nine months ago, and the 6th one is slated to come out about 12 months later, just like every model before the 4S.

…the screen is still 4 inch.

The iPhone 4S has a 3.5" screen.

The competition's 4.5 inch phones, 7 inch tablets and smart LED TV are selling like crazy now.

In no universe, using no metric, and with no sense of reason or logic is that statement correct in any fashion.

post #141 of 199
Quote:

Get serious, and stop the hairsplitting. It just shows that you may not know much about Apple's revenue stream. "iPhone services, and Apple-branded and third-party iPhone accessories" likely account for no more than a very small portion of sales.

If you'd like to think differently, go ahead and do so by all means.

By several accounts, Apple's revenue for Apple-branded iPhone accessories comes in at over a $1billion per quarter alone. They have one of the highest 'attach rates' in the industry. There are also undisclosed amounts received from licensing iPhone connectors and other patent related items, with non-Apple components, automobiles, etc. Who other than you considers BILLIONS to be a 'very small portion of sales'???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Apparently you can't get past the silly hype and misdirection from Samsung.
In previous reports, they have included everything but the kitchen sink in their list of 'smart phones'. Since there is no real definition, they include everything - including some feature phones and certainly many 'not so smart' phones.

This report wasn't issued by Samsung, it was issued by Juniper Research. That was clearly stated in the second sentence of the article. Would you care to make one more comment demonstrating your confusion for a third time??? Maybe you can show your confusion about the second paragraph since you have already done so with the second word in the title and the second sentence of the article.

post #142 of 199

52 million sitting in warehouse somewhere wow thats cool.  This shipped argument is beyond old.  Give us some hard numbers Samsung.

I have no doubt that samsung will sell a ton of sIII's but until we get actual sold numbers articles like this are pointless.

I also love articles they way they put the shipped number " samsung was "estimated to have shipped".  In otherwords our foggy numbers based on someone elses foggy numbers based on some wild number we pulled out of our backside means that samsung is estimated to have shipped x amount of phones or will ship x amount of phones (there also clairvoyant they can see the future too).  They should just say we think samsung is going to ship a lot of phones because we don't really know........  But I guess that is not as hit whore worthy as the title of this article.

Wow what a total waste of verbiage.

Edited by Mechanic - 7/26/12 at 3:06pm
post #143 of 199
Quote:

This report wasn't issued by Samsung, it was issued by Juniper Research. That was clearly stated in the second sentence of the article. Would you care to make one more comment demonstrating your confusion for a third time??? Maybe you can show your confusion about the second paragraph since you have already done so with the second word in the title and the second sentence of the article.

So you're denying that different people can define 'smart phones' differently?

Are you also denying that, no matter what definition is used, many of these phones are not in the same league as the iPhone?

There are plenty of examples where analysts considered all sorts of phones to be smart phones - even though no one else would do so. Heck, some of them consider anything with Android to be a smart phone - which is clearly not true.
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #144 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySwitched26 View Post

I don't see those as good reasons, especially since everybody and their brother calls it the iPhone 5.

And do any of those people actually have any input on what the 6th iPhone is actually called when it comes out?  No?  I'm shocked!

post #145 of 199
Quote:

It may be, but it is fact-based.

No it isn't.  Samsung can't keep selling mythological phones forever.  The consistent complaint is "why can't I see all these samsung phones" but that doesn't prove that the numbers are made up.  Give me a good reason why and also a how, how/why could Samsung keep inventing phone sales in contempt of securities laws as well as profit motive for so long?  You can't keep making and shipping phones, only to have them shipped back to you, forever.  Right?  Doing that costs money.  While a desperate company may do that for a quarter or two, eventually the gig is up and the reality hits.  Samsung is clearly selling these phones.  Deal with it.

post #146 of 199

No, it actually means: 

1. Apple buyers are being charged too much for their devices.

2. Apple suppliers charge too little for their parts.

3. Apple partners subsidize their customers too much.

In a perfect storm, all three will rebel to get better deals for themselves. These will in turn lower Apple's profit margin. Currently, ALL these three and android/other phone devices and their buyers are actually subsidizing Apple and its profit margin. How so? When you buy in volumes, like Apple does, you got a cheaper price for the same exact parts than other people who need to get the same parts. THAT is cross-subsidizing being done by parts' manufacturers, i.e. charging more for other buyers to cover profit/cost losses caused by the pricing they give to a big buyer. 

In other words, the so-called "Apple tax", "subsidy cost", "volume pricing" or other terminologies they name it are actually all the subsidies contributing to Apple huge profit margin. Yupe..., I say it here. Apple is the vacuum that sucks other people's profit and make it its own, a cannibal if you will. BTW, this equation will not last forever because it will make a lot of people very unhappy. Since this is capitalism at its best, other people will eventually want to take a bite out of that Apple's spectacular profit margin. The quiet storm that' brewing underneath this dissatisfaction ain't gonna be this quiet forever. Murphy's law will be at work sooner or later. 

Unlike Apple, Samsung can only charge premium for their newest phones, and after about 3 months [1 quarter], these phones will have their price reduced, to stay competitive with the newest and brightest Android devices that come along. Other Samsung division book losses for the quarter, notably Its LCD TV division. That too will sap on Samsung's profit margin.  

Apple, on the other hand, sold their new model and keep the price tag for much longer, perhaps for 3Q or more. This tendency will continue to prop up the high profit margin it enjoys. The only positive thing about the short life of devices in Android world is the fact that android devices will have to be "reinvented" and "recharged" with new features or new hardware almost every month by many different manufactures to stay competitive, and in turn this will speed up Android's evolution. Apple, on the other hand, is so fat with profit and brimming with over-confidence, and it becomes so slow to move and lethargic. Not to worry, every company at the top of their game at their peak will be like this. Somebody else will take over that top spot, soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZREOSpecialist View Post

Funny... Samsung "shipped" twice as many phones as Apple "sold", yet made only half the money Apple did in the same quarter. Samsung makes a lot more than just smartphones, so all of their product lines combined generated just over $5B in the most recent quarter compared to Apple's almost $9B. What that tells me is that Samsung is selling only a fraction of the units they are actually "shipping".

post #147 of 199
Quote:

... removed image ...

The iPhone 3GS was release in 2009, it has a 600Mhz processor, it cannot handle most of the new features of iOS. It is not premium, it is Apples basic model iPhone. This is a fact, their premium model would be the iPhone 4S
post #148 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Check the some of other Samsung phones, the ones outselling the GS III by over 4 to 1.

As no cellphone manufacturer provides sales per model please produce proof of this.
post #149 of 199
Quote:

You have mastered primary school maths, great job.

Quote:

Where did I imply this? I said the iPhone 3GS is a basic model iPhone, it isn't a premium model, it is in the same category as the basic model Android phones sold. And like the Android manufacturers Apple is being paid for them, they don't give them away. I'm not sure why you are still getting confused with the subsidised phone model. But this has nothing to with the claim. They said Apple sold 27m premium model phones, they didn't, the iPhone 3GS isn't a premium model phone
post #150 of 199
Quote:
The iPhone 3GS was release in 2009, it has a 600Mhz processor, it cannot handle most of the new features of iOS. It is not premium, it is Apples basic model iPhone. This is a fact, their premium model would be the iPhone 4S

Whoop de frick. You want to compare a single model to a single model, go right ahead. That's not what this right here is about.

When the next version of Android comes out, I better see you complaining that they're recording sales of all phones instead of recording sales of NO phones, because good luck actually getting an upgrade for the ones that are out now, making them "not premium". lol.gif

post #151 of 199
Quote:

If you don't understand the basics of revenue recognition -- and the seriousness that it entails by way of penalties for misrepresentation -- and the difference between that and the weasel-y notion of some consultant-generated "shipments" number, I am not even going to try to start. There is no law that says that you can't wallow in ignorance.

I will give you a hint though, if you're truly interested in learning: you want to combine the audited sales data with the "channel inventory" number that Apple always reports (or brings up in its conf call with analysts) to get at how many are actually in consumers' hands.

Excuse me, why the anger?

From Apples SEC report

"Net sales consist primarily of revenue from the sale of hardware, software, digital content and applications, peripherals, and service
and support contracts. The Company recognizes revenue when persuasive evidence of an arrangement exists, delivery has occurred,
the sales price is fixed or determinable, and collection is probable. Product is considered delivered to the customer once it has been
shipped and title and risk of loss have been transferred. For most of the Company’s product sales, these criteria are met at the time the
product is shipped.
For online sales to individuals, for some sales to education customers in the U.S., and for certain other sales, the
Company defers recognition of revenue until the customer receives the product because the Company retains a portion of the risk of
loss on these sales during transit. The Company recognizes revenue from the sale of hardware products, software bundled with
hardware that is essential to the functionality of the hardware, and third-party digital content sold on the iTunes Store in accordance
with general revenue recognition accounting guidance. The Company recognizes revenue in accordance with industry specific
software accounting guidance for the following types of sales transactions: (i) standalone sales of software products, (ii) sales of
software upgrades and (iii) sales of software bundled with hardware not essential to the functionality of the hardware."

If you are not happy with them, please contact Apple, for they have said this, not me.

If I went and purchased a Phone from Vodafone today, Apple would have recognised that sale weeks ago when they shipped it to Brightpoint, and Brightpoint would have recognised it when they shipped it to Vodafone. Apple has no real visibility into these smaller resellers to see when it has been actually sold to a consumer, nor do they declare in the above declaration that they delay the receipt of the sale until the customer has activated the device, as they said, they recognise it when they ship it.
post #152 of 199
Quote:

Whoop de frick. You want to compare a single model to a single model, go right ahead. That's not what this right here is about.

When the next version of Android comes out, I better see you complaining that they're recording sales of all phones instead of recording sales of NO phones, because good luck actually getting an upgrade for the ones that are out now, making them "not premium". lol.gif

Please calm down, you seem to be getting confused/excited for no reason.

jragosta claimed Apple sold 27 million phones. This is what I am disputing. Apple, in fact no cellphone manufacturer splits sales per model. Now Apple sells three models of iPhone, if you compare these three models there is no way you could claim that the 3GS is premium model, it's age, it's features, speed etc etc stop it from being classed a premium model. And because Apple doesn't split sales between models that there is no way to claim that Apple has sold 27m premium models, when it is documented fact that they haven't.

The same goes for Samsung, Motorola, LG, Nokia etc etc etc.

As for your second point, not sure where you are going here, as I have already stated a number of times, the same thing can be said for all cellphone manufacturers, they all make a variety of different level smartphones, some premium, some budget.
post #153 of 199
jragosta claimed Apple sold 27 million phones. This is what I am disputing. Apple, in fact no cellphone manufacturer splits sales per model. Now Apple sells three models of iPhone, if you compare these three models there is no way you could claim that the 3GS is premium model, it's age, it's features, speed etc etc stop it from being classed a premium model. 

And what you're saying is that Samsung put out 52 million "premium" models, I suppose.

Which is, as Solipsism so rightly puts it, [insert how he puts it here].

post #154 of 199

I actually kinda wonder why people are so obsessed with other people's money? Here in AI, for example, I see the same stupid obsession about counting other people's money. Why? It's not your money. Well, indirectly, it is if you own tons of Apple stocks. I doubt if you have tons of Apple stocks, say about 10,000 worth of it or more, you'll be wasting your time [equal money] playing in this sandbox. If you don't own that many Apple stocks then why bother? You are not going to be rich by mentioning how much money Apple has in the bank, and neither will you be getting any poorer if Samsung garners tons of profit for their devices. See, those people with tons of money, ones with tons of Apple stocks or tons of Samsung's stocks, are not bickering here over which company has more profit or which one has sold how many phones. They are out there enjoying summer and spend their tons of money.

I am shaking my head over this trippy bickering madness by Apple "f4nbo1s" and I-sh33ps over numbers, money and profit. More often than not, people who have very little of these, usually talk so much about this. I mean why you waste so much time [equal money] and effort about somebody else's money? Are you actually getting paid some handsome amount of money for every byte you are posting here by Apple? Wouldn't it be better if you spend less of your time [equal money] here and start saving the time [equal money], so that you can buy even more i-devices you so love instead? 

post #155 of 199
Quote:

And what you're saying is that Samsung put out 52 million "premium" models, I suppose.

Which is, as Solipsism so rightly puts it, [insert how he puts it here].

No I am not saying that, in fact if you had read the message I post you would have seen that yourself, I will quote it again for you.

Quote:

The same goes for Samsung, Motorola, LG, Nokia etc etc etc.
As for your second point, not sure where you are going here, as I have already stated a number of times, the same thing can be said for all cellphone manufacturers, they all make a variety of different level smartphones, some premium, some budget.
post #156 of 199
No I am not saying that, in fact if you had read the message I post you would have seen that yourself, I will quote it again for you.

So… there's no way we can distinguish models, there's no way we can determine what is considered "premium", why not just take the numbers we're given and roll with it instead of trying to nitpick out Apple's (and only Apple's I might add) phones while leaving even worse models with worse software and worse compatibility alone on the other side?

post #157 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

Of course your right!!.... Why don't you go to the Apple store and tell them you want to buy and iPhone 5? You insist that it is already out there so go buy it and report back to us with pictures of you and your iPhone 5....go on now...hurry back....

Uh oh.  Now you done it.  He's liable to post another black square!

post #158 of 199
Originally Posted by JerrySwitched26 View Post
Uh oh.  Now you done it.  He's liable to post another black square!

Top marks.

💯

post #159 of 199
Quote:

. "iPhone services, and Apple-branded and third-party iPhone accessories" likely account for no more than a very small portion of sales.

That is quite an assertion you just made.  Got any evidence?  Any at all?

post #160 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

No it isn't.  Samsung can't keep selling mythological phones forever.  The consistent complaint is "why can't I see all these samsung phones" but that doesn't prove that the numbers are made up.  Give me a good reason why and also a how, how/why could Samsung keep inventing phone sales in contempt of securities laws as well as profit motive for so long?  You can't keep making and shipping phones, only to have them shipped back to you, forever.  Right?  Doing that costs money.  While a desperate company may do that for a quarter or two, eventually the gig is up and the reality hits.  Samsung is clearly selling these phones.  Deal with it.

Huh? What 'securities laws' are they violating? Do you know anything about securities laws?

I think I know the answer.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung smartphone shipments estimated at 52M, doubling Apple's iPhone