or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney: An embarrassment On The World Stage.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mitt Romney: An embarrassment On The World Stage. - Page 2

post #41 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

 

 

Yes we know. You only allow opinion pieces and blogs that agree with you.lol.gif

 

 

I remember during the last presidential election cycle I linked to a Jon Stewart piece about certain parties, which was immediately dismissed merely because the link was JS.  The piece actually was made up almost entirely of actual video of the parties in question saying really stupid things, but because the link was JS it was dismissed as wrong.

 

- - - - -

 

Mitt had to change the date of his expensive dinner party because it originally fell on an important date in Israel.  Guess his staff hadn't bothered to check.

 

He also decided to allow media access, after originally banning it.  Even Fox wrote that the change came after an outcry from the media.  

 

Just waiting for him to go to Poland and say unions are bad.  Their independence is due to the actions of unions.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #42 of 74

AP has the story of Palestinians angered by Romney's "racist" comments favoring Israeli culture over Palestinian, completely forgetting the Israeli occupation and its impact, not to mention the nurturing dollars gushing from the US to Israel.

 

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Latest-News-Wires/2012/0730/Mitt-Romney-angers-Palestinians-with-racist-speech-in-Israel-video

 

Ouch.  Perhaps he should have barred the media from attending...


Edited by Bergermeister - 7/30/12 at 8:08am

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #43 of 74

CS Monitor has a little quiz that is a fun way to see how you stack up to Romney.  

 

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/President/2012/0706/Are-you-more-or-less-conservative-than-Mitt-Romney-Take-our-quiz/How-do-you-view-health-care-reform-in-this-country

 

 

Nothing scientific (note the wording of the questions and the phrasing of the answers) but it's fun. 

 

 

Sadly, they left out any questions on statesmanship.  Well, perhaps there was a reason for that.


Edited by Bergermeister - 7/30/12 at 8:47am

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #44 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Hey bucko I was just showing you it's not just my opinion that Romney is a warmonger. And he is. There's nothing looney about it ( unless you're Romney supporter ). It's the general consensus.

 

 

It's becoming obvious that lots of things are beyond you.

 

Yes we know. You only allow opinion pieces and blogs that agree with you.lol.gif

 

 

As trump is for of saying, you've gone end stage now.  Enjoy.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #45 of 74

I find it increasingly amusing that everyone on the left considers it an gaffe, proof of lack of intellectual rigor or just proof of an -ism anytime they claim offense.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #46 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Hey bucko I was just showing you it's not just my opinion that Romney is a warmonger. And he is. There's nothing looney about it ( unless you're Romney supporter ). It's the general consensus.

 

 

It's becoming obvious that lots of things are beyond you.

 

Yes we know. You only allow opinion pieces and blogs that agree with you.lol.gif

 

 

As trump is for of saying, you've gone end stage now.  Enjoy.  

Well someone's on the end of the stage and I'd watch out it's a long drop.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #47 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I find it increasingly amusing that everyone on the left considers it an gaffe, proof of lack of intellectual rigor or just proof of an -ism anytime they claim offense.

Do you mean like every time SDW claims offense?lol.gif


Edited by jimmac - 7/30/12 at 11:43am
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #48 of 74

Here's a little something for you Romney supporters :

 

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/morning-joe/48394744#48394744

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #49 of 74

And from Amercia, I mean America: Romney playing the race card?

 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-s-goodman/mitt-romney-israel_b_1721396.html

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #50 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

And from Amercia, I mean America: Romney playing the race card?

 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-s-goodman/mitt-romney-israel_b_1721396.html

 

Looks like someone has a reliable e-mail provider.  How else would you get such timely Obama campaign and Democratic talking points every day?  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #51 of 74

You really think Romney is Presidential material the way he is operating in these 3 countries he has visited and made a jack ass out of himself so far.I cannot wait to see these debates between Obama and your pathetic candidate Romney.
 

post #52 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

AP has the story of Palestinians angered by Romney's "racist" comments favoring Israeli culture over Palestinian, completely forgetting the Israeli occupation and its impact, not to mention the nurturing dollars gushing from the US to Israel.

 

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Latest-News-Wires/2012/0730/Mitt-Romney-angers-Palestinians-with-racist-speech-in-Israel-video

 

Ouch.  Perhaps he should have barred the media from attending...

 

Stating that certain cultural attributes and a preference for them is racism? Please explain this because being outraged, and/or linking to an article/talking points doesn't match the definition.

 

If I prefer Mexican food over Chinese food, am I racist? If I prefer Germany opera over Italian opera, am I racist? If I prefer a culture that saves over one that borrows am I racist?

 

Please explain how a preference is now racist.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I find it increasingly amusing that everyone on the left considers it an gaffe, proof of lack of intellectual rigor or just proof of an -ism anytime they claim offense.

Do you mean like every time SDW claims offense?lol.gif

 

I think Bergermeister just provided a perfect example. This entire thread and all examples provided in it are perfect examples. Romney declares a preference and it is supposedly offensive. Obama declares his election will literally alter the height of every ocean in the world and that isn't offensive when in fact, it is ludicrous.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

And from Amercia, I mean America: Romney playing the race card?

 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-s-goodman/mitt-romney-israel_b_1721396.html

 

To the surrounding Arabic countries, you've proved your inferiority the second you declare Israel should exist. Yet you don't call that racist. Get a real point Bergermeister. Americans have spent $5 trillion of debt watching a failure of a president and his ineffective and destructive policies. Talking point articles that try to find offense with Romney aren't going to put people to work nor fill their wallets or their bellies. Obama and his cronies will only be able to borrow to cover his failures for so long. Then the medicine will be like that which Spain and Greece are taking. We can and should fix the problem before then. Obama needs to enjoy some of the unemployment he has failed to address.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #53 of 74
Thread Starter 

Both David Cameron and Boris Johnson are both Conservatives, hence these comments here saying Romney's comments are just phoney left wing talking points is ridiculous. There is no doubt at all that Romney has shown a complete lack of diplomacy, not only in the UK, but everywhere he has been. Quite frankly, he's polluting the waters of good will, that Obama has sought to cleanse after the mess Bush caused.

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #54 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Both David Cameron and Boris Johnson are both Conservatives, hence these comments here saying Romney's comments are just phoney left wing talking points is ridiculous. There is no doubt at all that Romney has shown a complete lack of diplomacy, not only in the UK, but everywhere he has been. Quite frankly, he's polluting the waters of good will, that Obama has sought to cleanse after the mess Bush caused.

 

Oh, stop.  "Conservative" has a far different meaning in the UK than it does here.  Cameron's comments were outright demeaning and inappropriate.  As for Romney, you're grasping at straws.  He got a standing ovation in Israel and has had an enormously successful visit there.  His visit to London was mocked by the mainstream media...all because he had the audacity to tell people he was concerned about their readiness for the games (looks like he had a right to be, btw).  Oh, and they seized on his "Mr. Leader" comment, calling it a huge gaffe.  Has it occurred to anyone that he may have simply forgotten that the Brits don't use terms like "Mr. Speaker" and "Mr. President" like we do?  Of course not.  

 

Face it, hands.  Romney could have solved the Israeli-Palestinian crisis, told Britain how to fix its economy in 6 months and brought peace to all of Europe---and you and your liberal, Obamamania cronies would still call him  a huge failure and embarrassment.  These kind of tactics are sickening, especially while we have a President that LITERALLY has embarrassed himself all over the world and at home.  Pathetic. 

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #55 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

 

Oh, stop.  "Conservative" has a far different meaning in the UK than it does here.  Cameron's comments were outright demeaning and inappropriate.  As for Romney, you're grasping at straws.  He got a standing ovation in Israel and has had an enormously successful visit there.  His visit to London was mocked by the mainstream media...all because he had the audacity to tell people he was concerned about their readiness for the games (looks like he had a right to be, btw).  Oh, and they seized on his "Mr. Leader" comment, calling it a huge gaffe.  Has it occurred to anyone that he may have simply forgotten that the Brits don't use terms like "Mr. Speaker" and "Mr. President" like we do?  Of course not.  

 

Face it, hands.  Romney could have solved the Israeli-Palestinian crisis, told Britain how to fix its economy in 6 months and brought peace to all of Europe---and you and your liberal, Obamamania cronies would still call him  a huge failure and embarrassment.  These kind of tactics are sickening, especially while we have a President that LITERALLY has embarrassed himself all over the world and at home.  Pathetic. 

Romney's a royal **** up. He even said he'd had a meeting with the head of MI6 in London.  

 

I'm sure you've read about his staffs "shove it" et al. comments to the press, who simply want more than 3 questioned answered on his 3 country trip, Yes 3 answered at Downing street and that's it. He's running for potus for heavens sake. 

 

Now we have Reid saying he paid no taxes in 10 years at Bain, according to his source. 

 

You only show how out of touch you are by defending this creep.

 

I'd like to say how pleased I am that Reid (and indeed jazz here) though sharing the same religion, aren't willing to defend him and drop their humanity in the process, Kudos to them.

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #56 of 74

What a classy group.

 

Mitt's assistant tells media to kiss something and in so doing show respect for a holy place, or was that, uh, hmmm?  Had to call to apologize later.  Why wasn't his thing that he wanted kissed fired instantly?  

 

 

Suffice it to say, this trip wasn't exactly the picture perfect one they were hoping for.  

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #57 of 74

Both campaigns are really going overboard, trying to stage events to make them look spontaneous, knit-picking the most harmless actions or comments by their opponent and trying to blow them out of proportion, and just generally spewing a lot of hot air. I get more and more disgusted with the pageantry and posturing every election cycle.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #58 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Both campaigns are really going overboard, trying to stage events to make them look spontaneous, knit-picking the most harmless actions or comments by their opponent and trying to blow them out of proportion, and just generally spewing a lot of hot air. I get more and more disgusted with the pageantry and posturing every election cycle.

 

These things do matter. It says more about the man than I think you realise.

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #59 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

 

I'm sure you've read about his staffs "shove it" et al. comments to the press, who simply want more than 3 questioned answered on his 3 country trip, Yes 3 answered at Downing street and that's it. He's running for potus for heavens sake. 

 

 

 

Even Greta is complaining about access.

 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/30/greta-van-susteren-mitt-romney-press_n_1719416.html?ref=topbar

 

She did, however, get an interview with him and I doubt that it will contain the same voicing of frustration.

 

Rush claimed on air that the media is harassing Mitt so that he will make gaffes.  So any gaffe from now on will be the media's fault.  At least he is admitting they are gaffes.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #60 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

What a classy group.

 

Mitt's assistant tells media to kiss something and in so doing show respect for a holy place, or was that, uh, hmmm?  Had to call to apologize later.  Why wasn't his thing that he wanted kissed fired instantly?  

 

 

Suffice it to say, this trip wasn't exactly the picture perfect one they were hoping for.  

 

I'm pretty sure we have had similar things from our own vice-president. Do you have a real point about this or just more false outrage?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #61 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

What a classy group.

 

Mitt's assistant tells media to kiss something and in so doing show respect for a holy place, or was that, uh, hmmm?  Had to call to apologize later.  Why wasn't his thing that he wanted kissed fired instantly?  

 

 

Suffice it to say, this trip wasn't exactly the picture perfect one they were hoping for.  

 

I'm pretty sure we have had similar things from our own vice-president. Do you have a real point about this or just more false outrage?

Did you have a point with this

 

 

Or was it false outrage ( or just bad humor )?

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #62 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I'm pretty sure we have had similar things from our own vice-president. Do you have a real point about this or just more false outrage?

Did you have a point with this

 

The point is that if a staffer acting this way proves somehow that Romney is unfit for office, then what does it say about the fitness of Obama when his VP acts the same way. It's called logic.

 

 

Quote:

Or was it false outrage ( or just bad humor )?

 

It's self-explanatory to those who have the ability to reason. Obama cannot run on his record and thus must make up stuff about his opponent. The core complaints from Obama about Romney are they think he might be a felon with no proof and they think he might have been so aggressive in his tax filings as to not pay taxes. Disclosure of the tax forms isn't a legal requirement and filing taxes appropriately and not owing additional taxes isn't a crime either.

 

The real point of embarassment, 5 trillion dollars of debt, low to no economic growth and a complete lack of job creation. All those are on Obama and no amount of fear-mongering or speculation can change that.

 

People screaming about fear that Obama's middle name would be used against him are screaming Mitt the Twit. People who swore that speculation about a birth certificate is racist are speculating about tax forms when filing taxes nor disclosure of them are in no form or fashion a crime.

 

It is pure hypocrisy though.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #63 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Romney's a royal **** up. He even said he'd had a meeting with the head of MI6 in London.  

 

I'm sure you've read about his staffs "shove it" et al. comments to the press, who simply want more than 3 questioned answered on his 3 country trip, Yes 3 answered at Downing street and that's it. He's running for potus for heavens sake. 

 

Now we have Reid saying he paid no taxes in 10 years at Bain, according to his source. 

 

You only show how out of touch you are by defending this creep.

 

I'd like to say how pleased I am that Reid (and indeed jazz here) though sharing the same religion, aren't willing to defend him and drop their humanity in the process, Kudos to them.

 

lol.gif  You're really reaching.  Let's take a look at another person who used "shove it"--and was praised by Democrats.  Hmm.  No media reaction there?  

 

As for the Reid claim, it's absolutely absurd.  First, "an investor at Bain" would have no idea what Mitt Romney's personal taxes look like.  Secondly, do you really believe that a man who has been running for various elective offices for 10 years would be stupid enough not to pay any taxes?  Harry Reid has engaged in the same kind of slander that the Obama campaign did by calling Romney "a felon."  Pathetic.  

 

 

 

Quote:

​You only show how out of touch you are by defending this creep.

 

 

Wait..a creep?  Once more (and as trumptman is fond of saying), you've clearly gone end stage now.  You're calling the Republican Presidential candidate a creep.  Say what you like about Romney's policies or even his personality, but this is a man that has devoted his life to family and his faith.  He had a successful business career--where he actually earned his money.  He organized and turned around the 2002 Olympic games.  He was a successful governor.  And you're calling him a creep.  Classy.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

What a classy group.

 

Mitt's assistant tells media to kiss something and in so doing show respect for a holy place, or was that, uh, hmmm?  Had to call to apologize later.  Why wasn't his thing that he wanted kissed fired instantly?  

 

 

Suffice it to say, this trip wasn't exactly the picture perfect one they were hoping for.  

 

It wasn't appropriate for the staffer to say, even though the journalist in question was both an idiot and out of line.  But see my response to hands.  Teresa Heinz-Kerry said the exact same thing as her own husband ran for President.  He was PRAISED by Democrats and refused to apologize.  Asked to comment, Hillary Clinton said "you go, girl."   

 

But I guess that's different. 

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #64 of 74

You are right Romney is a making a complete fool out of himself.
 

post #65 of 74

Reid has become unhinged and is an embarrassment not only to Democrats but the entire Senate.

post #66 of 74

Apparently trillion dollar a year deficits, no budget, rising unemployment, a stimulus that didn't stimulate because there weren't any shovel-ready jobs, a bunch of bankrupt green energy endeavors that were funded with crony-capitalist government dollars and chronically high under and unemployment are NOT embarrassing on the world stage.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #67 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Apparently trillion dollar a year deficits, no budget, rising unemployment, a stimulus that didn't stimulate because there weren't any shovel-ready jobs, a bunch of bankrupt green energy endeavors that were funded with crony-capitalist government dollars and chronically high under and unemployment are NOT embarrassing on the world stage.

 

Shhhh!  You're not supposed to look over there!  Look! Look!  Romney is rich!  And he insulted the Prime Minister of somewhere!  And he didn't pay taxes for 10 years.  And he's...rich!  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #68 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I'm pretty sure we have had similar things from our own vice-president. Do you have a real point about this or just more false outrage?

Did you have a point with this

 

The point is that if a staffer acting this way proves somehow that Romney is unfit for office, then what does it say about the fitness of Obama when his VP acts the same way. It's called logic.

 

 

Quote:

Or was it false outrage ( or just bad humor )?

 

It's self-explanatory to those who have the ability to reason. Obama cannot run on his record and thus must make up stuff about his opponent. The core complaints from Obama about Romney are they think he might be a felon with no proof and they think he might have been so aggressive in his tax filings as to not pay taxes. Disclosure of the tax forms isn't a legal requirement and filing taxes appropriately and not owing additional taxes isn't a crime either.

 

The real point of embarassment, 5 trillion dollars of debt, low to no economic growth and a complete lack of job creation. All those are on Obama and no amount of fear-mongering or speculation can change that.

 

People screaming about fear that Obama's middle name would be used against him are screaming Mitt the Twit. People who swore that speculation about a birth certificate is racist are speculating about tax forms when filing taxes nor disclosure of them are in no form or fashion a crime.

 

It is pure hypocrisy though.

 

Quote:

It's self-explanatory to those who have the ability to reason. Obama cannot run on his record and thus must make up stuff about his opponent. The core complaints from Obama about Romney are they think he might be a felon with no proof and they think he might have been so aggressive in his tax filings as to not pay taxes. Disclosure of the tax forms isn't a legal requirement and filing taxes appropriately and not owing additional taxes isn't a crime either.

And this ( which is your view ) justifies the bad jokes and sick humor about Obama and his family by you?

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #69 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

And this ( which is your view ) justifies the bad jokes and sick humor about Obama and his family by you?

 

The links to Democratic actions have been more than clear. Obama has nothing he can run on so they are making stuff up. Romney is a potential felon. How would you like to be called a potential rapist? Romney potentially didn't pay his taxes for ten years or some other nonsense. It is pure speculation and allegation. This is from an administration that promised to be above the fray. Not only is Obama not above it, he is the person who instigates the muckraking and who is doubling down on his already dirty campaign.

 

My thread is a mirror. If you don't like what you see, just stop looking in the mirror. However don't tell me you're going to support a man who throws the word FELON into his ads but you have a thin skin when some jokes are told in return.
 

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #70 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

And this ( which is your view ) justifies the bad jokes and sick humor about Obama and his family by you?

 

The links to Democratic actions have been more than clear. Obama has nothing he can run on so they are making stuff up. Romney is a potential felon. How would you like to be called a potential rapist? Romney potentially didn't pay his taxes for ten years or some other nonsense. It is pure speculation and allegation. This is from an administration that promised to be above the fray. Not only is Obama not above it, he is the person who instigates the muckraking and who is doubling down on his already dirty campaign.

 

My thread is a mirror. If you don't like what you see, just stop looking in the mirror. However don't tell me you're going to support a man who throws the word FELON into his ads but you have a thin skin when some jokes are told in return.
 

 

Quote:

My thread is a mirror

Like from a fun house maybe.

 

 

Quote:

It is pure speculation and allegation.

Do you mean like the birther nonsense or maybe Obama's middle name?

 

 

Quote:

Romney is a potential felon

So someone has directly said this.? Also there's a big difference between just any felon and a rapist. Also do any of these ads talk about Romney's family in the same derogatory light that you have? Really?


Edited by jimmac - 8/5/12 at 4:47pm
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #71 of 74

Go to Cuba ! If you are not satisfied with this Government.
 

post #72 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

And this ( which is your view ) justifies the bad jokes and sick humor about Obama and his family by you?

 

The links to Democratic actions have been more than clear. Obama has nothing he can run on so they are making stuff up. Romney is a potential felon. How would you like to be called a potential rapist? Romney potentially didn't pay his taxes for ten years or some other nonsense. It is pure speculation and allegation. This is from an administration that promised to be above the fray. Not only is Obama not above it, he is the person who instigates the muckraking and who is doubling down on his already dirty campaign.

 

My thread is a mirror. If you don't like what you see, just stop looking in the mirror. However don't tell me you're going to support a man who throws the word FELON into his ads but you have a thin skin when some jokes are told in return.
 

 

Quote:

My thread is a mirror

Like from a fun house maybe.

 

 

Quote:

It is pure speculation and allegation.

Do you mean like the birther nonsense or maybe Obama's middle name?

 

 

Quote:

Romney is a potential felon

So someone has directly said this.? Also there's a big difference between just any felon and a rapist. Also do any of these ads talk about Romney's family in the same derogatory light that you have? Really?

 

Do you have a point beyond raising skeptical questions?

 

The word felon and the allegation of it has come from the Obama campaign and the word felon was used in an Obama ad. This isn't some backwoods blogger or exception to the rule being used to try to tar Obama. These claims are coming from his campaign. The claims about Romney's taxes came from Harry Reid, majority Senate leader. Get in tune with what is going on and stop with your false outrage when you don't even know what is going on.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #73 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

And this ( which is your view ) justifies the bad jokes and sick humor about Obama and his family by you?

 

The links to Democratic actions have been more than clear. Obama has nothing he can run on so they are making stuff up. Romney is a potential felon. How would you like to be called a potential rapist? Romney potentially didn't pay his taxes for ten years or some other nonsense. It is pure speculation and allegation. This is from an administration that promised to be above the fray. Not only is Obama not above it, he is the person who instigates the muckraking and who is doubling down on his already dirty campaign.

 

My thread is a mirror. If you don't like what you see, just stop looking in the mirror. However don't tell me you're going to support a man who throws the word FELON into his ads but you have a thin skin when some jokes are told in return.
 

 

Quote:

My thread is a mirror

Like from a fun house maybe.

 

 

Quote:

It is pure speculation and allegation.

Do you mean like the birther nonsense or maybe Obama's middle name?

 

 

Quote:

Romney is a potential felon

So someone has directly said this.? Also there's a big difference between just any felon and a rapist. Also do any of these ads talk about Romney's family in the same derogatory light that you have? Really?

 

Do you have a point beyond raising skeptical questions?

 

The word felon and the allegation of it has come from the Obama campaign and the word felon was used in an Obama ad. This isn't some backwoods blogger or exception to the rule being used to try to tar Obama. These claims are coming from his campaign. The claims about Romney's taxes came from Harry Reid, majority Senate leader. Get in tune with what is going on and stop with your false outrage when you don't even know what is going on.

Perhaps you'd like to supply a link to said campaign item that directly labels Romney a "  Felon "? This also once again is an attack on Romney not his family. There is a difference.

 

I'm fully aware of how dirty this campaign is and is likely to get on both sides. And there's nothing false about my outrage. Trust me.

 

 

Other than that who's skeptical? You?lol.gif

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #74 of 74

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-campaign-brings-felons-latest-ad_649152.html

 

700

 

Quote:

Given the title of the ad--and the subject--the ad wants viewers to consider that Mitt Romney might not be releasing more tax returns because, the Obama campaign is suggesting, he might be a felon. (Watch the ad here.)

 

This isn't the first time the Obama campaign has accused Romney of possibly being a felon. Last month, Stephanie Cutter, an Obama deputy campaign manager, said that Romney is either a liar or a felon.

 

Try to rationalize it away now.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney: An embarrassment On The World Stage.