or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple Genius ads debut during Olympic opening ceremonies
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple Genius ads debut during Olympic opening ceremonies - Page 6

post #201 of 318

well.. 200+ posts. I guess the ads ARE working!

post #202 of 318

As a long-time Apple user I think the ads are very cheesy. The great ads that came out when Steve Jobs was around set Apple on a pedestal which inspired and convinced a person that they too could arise to a level of greatness if they only owned Apple products.

 

Now reality check. These commercials aren't really for users like me, I've already drunken the Kool-Aid and am already locked-in with products. The ads are to capture new markets, maybe someone might think the Apple kid is cute and that will help make sales, maybe they've surveyed new users and found that the number one reason someone switched was because of the Apple Genius Bar and Apple Store?

 

They don't need to convince the faithful, they need to convince users of other brands to be unfaithful and move over. This is just an early salvo for the holiday season and they need to see what works and what doesn't NOW. You really don't want to be going with a brand new sucky ad campaign during a crucial time, better to test the waters early.

 

btw, I thought the other ads with SLJ, Zooey and other celebs with Siri were pretty cheesy too.

 
 
 
post #203 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

(...)Long story short, I traded Ed my game paddles for the Apple chit.

Ed was a regular (repeat) customer for the next 11 years(...)

My point, in all this is for something as mind and capability-expandng as a computer -- after-sales support is a key to a satisfied customer...  And you'd be amazed how easy it is to flip after-sales support into before-next-sale support.

Fantastic tale! Thank you so much for sharing, appreciate it.
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
post #204 of 318

The Ads are amusing , but frankly not up to the quality of their Apple predecessors.

post #205 of 318
The ads are dumb. Definitely not up to Apple's standards. Don't think these would have been aired if Steve were making the call.

Hopefully Apple will get back to ads that are funny and entertaining, like the PC vs Mac ads. Those were good ads!
Hating Apple, only to love Micro$oft sure seems a little like Stockholm Syndrome to me...
Reply
Hating Apple, only to love Micro$oft sure seems a little like Stockholm Syndrome to me...
Reply
post #206 of 318
I'm so sick of seeing "Steve would never have..." everyothers post these days. I guess this is the new method of trolling.

If the new iPhone is awesome Steve will get all the credit from the grave and if people don't like it they'll say he would never have let it go out the door.
post #207 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I'm so sick of seeing "Steve would never have..." everyothers post these days. I guess this is the new method of trolling.
If the new iPhone is awesome Steve will get all the credit from the grave and if people don't like it they'll say he would never have let it go out the door.

This. Honestly people...even if there are people here who knew the guy (and I'm not talking about seeing him at a Stevenote or anything...but actually knew him either working with him or for him or personally)...they probably still aren't qualified to say what he would have done or would have said. His closest companions and co-workers probably wouldn't know. Hell, his wife probably couldn't say one way or the other. Move on with this whole "I/we know he wouldn't let that happen/let this go on/let this blah blah blah" garbage. 

 

Now, for the commercials. No, they aren't particularly amazing compared to some of the more iconic ads from years past, but I've seen so many people pissing all over them. They aren't that bad. The Verge called them "embarrassing"...no, Verge, embarrassing would be doing Vista ads with paid actors who were paid to act like Vista was garbage and that "Mojave" was what they wanted all along...wait! Mojave WAS Vista?!? Embarrassing is doing "How to setup your own Windows 7 Launch Party!" ads (the better version is the one where they bleep out keywords to make it sound naughty). Embarrassing is doing a series of ads about normal people (paid actors) buying Windows laptops and finding out the whole series was cut and put together on Macs. Apple doing a little campy series of ads about a genius isn't embarrassing...it's just not as amazing as what they usually put out. I mean if Steve were around...


Edited by carmelapple - 7/29/12 at 4:33am

Samsung Galaxy series: Faster on a benchmark, not in your hand.

Reply

Samsung Galaxy series: Faster on a benchmark, not in your hand.

Reply
post #208 of 318
The Samsing Galaxy Olympic ads are absolutely amazing.
Apple has dropped the stick with these Olympics - all that money can't buy great cutting edge ads?
Terrible.
post #209 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I'm so sick of seeing "Steve would never have..." everyothers post these days. I guess this is the new method of trolling.
If the new iPhone is awesome Steve will get all the credit from the grave and if people don't like it they'll say he would never have let it go out the door.

I agree. None of these anonymous strangers on AI have any idea what Steve would have done.

Keep in mind that the current management team was hand-selected by Jobs. And given that he was not averse to firing people who didn't shape up, they wouldn't have lasted as long as they did if he didn't value their thinking and creativity. More importantly, he urged them not to keep asking "what would Steve do?" He wanted them to think for themselves so that Apple didn't get stuck in the SJ era as the world changed around them.

Now, these ads will be successful or they won't. If they're successful, all the whining here is misplaced. If they're not successful, the management team will change them. It's not like Jobs never made a mistake or changed his mind, either.

Most of the people complaining are clearly not the target audience. The people at Verge are the epitomy of geeks - and the ads are not meant for them. When you get away from the geek sites, the initial responses are more positive:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57481805-71/apple-uses-olympics-to-turn-its-geniuses-into-new-justin-longs/

In general, when a geek reviews the ads, they're not impressed. When an average computer user (or non-user) reviews the ads, they're much more positive. Since that's the target audience, those reviews are more important.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #210 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I agree. None of these anonymous strangers on AI have any idea what Steve would have done.
Keep in mind that the current management team was hand-selected by Jobs. And given that he was not averse to firing people who didn't shape up, they wouldn't have lasted as long as they did if he didn't value their thinking and creativity. More importantly, he urged them not to keep asking "what would Steve do?" He wanted them to think for themselves so that Apple didn't get stuck in the SJ era as the world changed around them.
Now, these ads will be successful or they won't. If they're successful, all the whining here is misplaced. If they're not successful, the management team will change them. It's not like Jobs never made a mistake or changed his mind, either.
Most of the people complaining are clearly not the target audience. The people at Verge are the epitomy of geeks - and the ads are not meant for them. When you get away from the geek sites, the initial responses are more positive:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57481805-71/apple-uses-olympics-to-turn-its-geniuses-into-new-justin-longs/
In general, when a geek reviews the ads, they're not impressed. When an average computer user (or non-user) reviews the ads, they're much more positive. Since that's the target audience, those reviews are more important.
Yep pretty much everyone on the management team (besides the retail chief) has been at Apple since Steve came back or even longer (Jony Ive, Eddy Cue).

What I find ironic is the crowd that worships at the shrine of Steve is the same crowd that pisses all over the current management team, which Steve hand picked.

Quite honestly I don't think any ads top the iPod silhouette ads. Those were iconic. Thanks Jony on insisting that the iPod headphones be white!
post #211 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Yeah... Long time Apple fan and Steve confidant -- with 8 posts on AI -- is going to share with us what Steve would've done.
These trolls are dumb! Definitely not up to Applle-haters usual standards.
I swear there are some Apple fans who would rather the company be this small niche company catering to "creatives" and "professionals" and look down upon those new to the Apple ecosystem - especially those drawn in by the iToys (as they would call them).
post #212 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

The Samsing Galaxy Olympic ads are absolutely amazing.
Apple has dropped the stick with these Olympics - all that money can't buy great cutting edge ads?
Terrible.

 

What was amazing was all the athletes marching in the opening ceremony openly using iPhones.

 

No matter how much money Samsung throws out there, they can't buy that.

 

Tim Berners Lee using a Next Cube, a reminder of where the Internet came from was something Samsung also couldn't buy.

 

It is estimated over a billion people saw that...

 

...priceless.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #213 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by davestall View Post

Did Apple loose their marketing people?

 

The take away from these spots is that mac users are idiots who cant figure out how to do the most basic things.  Who is this supposed to attract?

 

If you are talking about Steve Jobs, yes, he died last year.

post #214 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpilot View Post

Very Lame! Apple should pull these ads immediately. This is something Microsoft would do.

 

Microsoft ads are not that bad..  these ad are more like Crazy Eddie's

post #215 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

What was amazing was all the athletes marching in the opening ceremony openly using

That's not amazing actually considering the number of iPhones sold. What is amazing is the Samsung Galaxy ads - very well done. I suppose Apple doesn't want to throw out tons of ca$h on a stale product. But I would expect an amazing Olympic iPad ad a retina MBA ad.
What- Apple doesn't do sports?
post #216 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

Microsoft ads are not that bad..  these ad are more like Crazy Eddie's

Reminds me of Best Buy Geek Squads. Those Blue shirts and cheesy dialogue. Yuck
post #217 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post


That's not amazing actually considering the number of iPhones sold....

I thought Android hold 50% world wide smartphone marketshare and Samsung is the number one smartphone seller in the word now! As usual your posts make no sense and ignore that facts.

post #218 of 318
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I thought Android hold 50% world wide smartphone marketshare and Samsung is the number one smartphone seller in the word now!

You thought?
post #219 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

[
You thought?

 

Good.. now that we have straighten out that fact. You get another shot at replying to hill60 post without looking stupid. Here it is again:

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

What was amazing was all the athletes marching in the opening ceremony openly using iPhones.

 

No matter how much money Samsung throws out there, they can't buy that.

 

Tim Berners Lee using a Next Cube, a reminder of where the Internet came from was something Samsung also couldn't buy.

 

It is estimated over a billion people saw that...

 

...priceless.

 
post #220 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post


That's not amazing actually considering the number of iPhones sold. What is amazing is the Samsung Galaxy ads - very well done. I suppose Apple doesn't want to throw out tons of ca$h on a stale product. But I would expect an amazing Olympic iPad ad a retina MBA ad.
What- Apple doesn't do sports?

 

These are not iPhone, iPad, iCloud ads those ads are still running.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #221 of 318

Apple needs to hire Danny Boyle and Underworld for its next advert. 

post #222 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Apple needs to hire Danny Boyle and Underworld for its next advert. 

Or offer @iSheldon and other self-proclaimed advertising experts, $1 Million, free creative license and a 1-week deadline to have an acceptable ad in the can... And watch while they piss themselves...
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
Reply
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
Reply
post #223 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

You thought?
It's a process that he and most others on this site do very well. I encourage you to give it a shot sometime.Think about it.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #224 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelapple View Post


Now, for the commercials. No, they aren't particularly amazing compared to some of the more iconic ads from years past, but I've seen so many people pissing all over them. They aren't that bad.

They are targeting folks that would either be scared of or put off by something that crows about being 'hip and cool', show off their services rather than product etc. Not an easy task. Celebs aren't the ones teaching you, you can't get the message across with some images and a cute indie song etc. And there are folks that think the iPhone and iPad ads are cheesy, that Apple stooped to celeb ads is embarassing (and that the ads were dumb) etc

Basically in this time and place Apple can do no right, especially with Steve gone, because it gets more hits when you can score the haters and the defenders. And as the wise man said, haters gonna hate and hate loud on the Internet.

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #225 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

The Samsing Galaxy Olympic ads are absolutely amazing.
Apple has dropped the stick with these Olympics - all that money can't buy great cutting edge ads?
Terrible.

And yet for all the lack of slick, who is selling hand over hand. Apple

These are selling their in store services, not the product. Basically selling what that 'Apple Tax' is paying for. Slick wouldn't work. Particularly the two about training cause that program is targeted to dummies and older folks, who aren't impressed by slick

My issue with them is the erroneous info. Unless Apple just changed all staff titles to genius (and we would have heard cause someone would have leaked it everywhere), they oversimplified in a way that could cause confusion. Geniuses are tech support and very quick questions not side by side long project stuff, etc. New people to the system could end up with a runabout because they book a bar appointment to find out its not the right place to be. Or worse they ask to talk to a genius, find out they to make an appointment and are put off that they can't just walk in to buy something
Edited by charlituna - 7/29/12 at 7:31am

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #226 of 318
A long time friend of mine recently dropped her aging Windows laptop and now it is starting to act up. She told me she thought it might be time to buy a new one. Since she considers me an expert on the subject she asked my advice. Knowing that she's a long time Windows user which is the standard in her scientific field that being the nuclear power industry, I said she should consider getting a Mac since it can run Windows as well as OS X.

Her response: "I'm not buying a Mac. Those Mac people are like a cult.

I think Apple needs to create an ad that dispels this commonly held belief.

Even if it is true.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #227 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

Good.. now that we have straighten out that fact. You get another shot at replying to hill60 post without looking stupid. Here it is again:


Elite athletes using elitist smartphones- absolutely amazing. What's stupid is being surprised by that.
Back to topic- those Apple ads are terrible.
Maybe you like them because they appeal to you? Do you depend on a Genius much?
post #228 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Her response: "I'm not buying a Mac. Those Mac people are like a cult.

Hardly. They don't lock you in a compound, brainwash you or make you drink rat poison etc.

Fans sure, and fan is the beginning letters of fanatic. The same can be said about android fans and even Windows fans.

My question to her would be this 'what does it say about you are your fanatical hatred that you won't consider buying from a company that has solid hardware, good software, the ability to run two OS systems if you like, stores everywhere for tech support, telephone support, even training programs, all because some of the fans get a bit over the top on the blogs and such. '

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #229 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post


My issue with them is the erroneous info. Unless Apple just changed all staff titles to genius (and we would have heard cause someone would have leaked it everywhere), they oversimplified in a way that could cause confusion. Geniuses are tech support and very quick questions not side by side long project stuff, etc. New people to the system could end up with a runabout because they book a bar appointment to find out its not the right place to be. Or worse they ask to talk to a genius, find out they to make an appointment and are put off that they can't just walk in to buy something

My issue with them is that they are all out plain cheesy- like a Best Buy or Dunkin Donut ad.
Steve would be appalled.
post #230 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post


Back to topic- those Apple ads are terrible.

No, they are not terrible. Or at least we can't judge that yet. You just don't like them

If we find out that signups for their training programs and use of their tech support go up with these ads cited as why, then the ads are terrific. They did what they were meant to do.
Quote:
Maybe you like them because they appeal to you? Do you depend on a Genius much?

What you are going to accuse him of being an actual Genius. That he's defending himself and his

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #231 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

It's a process that he and most others, excepting myself, on this site do very well. I encourage you to give it a shot sometime.Think about it.
There- I fixed that for you.
post #232 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Hardly. They don't lock you in a compound, brainwash you or make you drink rat poison etc.
Fans sure, and fan is the beginning letters of fanatic. The same can be said about android fans and even Windows fans.
My question to her would be this 'what does it say about you are your fanatical hatred that you won't consider buying from a company that has solid hardware, good software, the ability to run two OS systems if you like, stores everywhere for tech support, telephone support, even training programs, all because some of the fans get a bit over the top on the blogs and such. '

There are Android and Windows fans?

For Android, the two main reasons to buy seem to be "it's cheap" (for the low end phones) and "it's not from Apple" for the premium phones. The number of people who really like Android seems to be pretty small.

Windows? The two main reasons seem to be "I have to use it because it's the corporate standard" and "it's what I've always used and I don't want to learn anything new".

I really don't see many real fans in either group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

A long time friend of mine recently dropped her aging Windows laptop and now it is starting to act up. She told me she thought it might be time to buy a new one. Since she considers me an expert on the subject she asked my advice. Knowing that she's a long time Windows user which is the standard in her scientific field that being the nuclear power industry, I said she should consider getting a Mac since it can run Windows as well as OS X.
Her response: "I'm not buying a Mac. Those Mac people are like a cult.
I think Apple needs to create an ad that dispels this commonly held belief.
Even if it is true.

And, yet, when Apple releases a series of ads targeted at the every day non-geek person, everyone's complains.

Just goes to show - no matter what Apple does, people will complain. So they should continue simply ignoring all the loud-mouthed complainers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I thought Android hold 50% world wide smartphone marketshare and Samsung is the number one smartphone seller in the word now! As usual your posts make no sense and ignore that facts.

Yes. So?

McDonald's is the largest selling restaurant in the world, too. Does that mean I should eat their swill every day?
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #233 of 318
User friendly does not mean one knows how to use it.
Apple is renown for the art of hidin everything and forces user to try it out themselves.
But if you are computer illiterate or have a hard time learning basic computer skills and logic then the ads will appeal.
Most if not all of you who come to this site is not the ads target market.

So get over these commercial ads. It is not meant to be clever.
It's simply trying to tell a straight story to those that cry for computer help.
Those who already switched by find it hard or too lazy to find out for themselves.

The Mac sales are down, so this is one way to get people go go the store!
post #234 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

Elite athletes using elitist smartphones- absolutely amazing. What's stupid is being surprised by that.
Back to topic- those Apple ads are terrible.
Maybe you like them because they appeal to you? Do you depend on a Genius much?

When did I say I liked them? And yes, I do depend on Genuis to repair my Mac under warranty. The last time I did that was few months ago when they replaced my HDD and the time before that when they replaced my MBP battery for free. These ads are not perfect but they do focus on an important part of Apple customer experience. Someone is there to help you. What are you going to do when your Dell, HP, Sony.. etc PC break under warranty? Send it by mail and wait weeks to get it back?

The point was that Samsung ads showed athletes using their galaxy phone while in reality in the Olympics as shown during the ceremony almost all of them use iPhones. The same thing happened during the Super Bowl. You still wonder why Apple don't do sports that much?! Samsung PAID to place their smartphone ads in the Olympics but Apple got paid to have their products there.
Edited by NasserAE - 7/29/12 at 8:01am
post #235 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

My issue with them is the erroneous info. Unless Apple just changed all staff titles to genius (and we would have heard cause someone would have leaked it everywhere), they oversimplified in a way that could cause confusion. Geniuses are tech support and very quick questions not side by side long project stuff, etc. New people to the system could end up with a runabout because they book a bar appointment to find out its not the right place to be. Or worse they ask to talk to a genius, find out they to make an appointment and are put off that they can't just walk in to buy something

They might just change the name. Let the Genius out of the bottle and call them all Geniuses. Not because of the ads but because people already do call them all Geniuses. It's the only Apple Store title people are aware of and they are clearly not trying to show that they have many titles within the store. They could even use a variation by saying Creative Genius.

But that's all beside the point when it comes to you taking an issue. Note that the Apple Genius was not an Apple Store and therefore no working in any of the ads when he assisted people. If we're going to let that slide (completely ignoring the pilot calling for one over the intercom) then why not be assume that a Genius who is off duty could also be proficient in those creative apps as to help a fellow passenger or his neighbor. Are we to assume from that ads that there are blue-shirt wearing Apple employees on flights ready to help you? I don't think Starbucks has yet had that level of penetration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

Steve would be appalled.

I wouldn't listen to Walter Isaacson or Steve Wozniak on what Steve would have thought about these ads so why should people listen to your claims on what Steve Jobs would have thought?

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #236 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

.
Yes. So?
McDonald's is the largest selling restaurant in the world, too. Does that mean I should eat their swill every day?

You jumped in the middle of the discussion. Read what lead to my post.
Edited by NasserAE - 7/29/12 at 8:13am
post #237 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


I wouldn't listen to Walter Isaacson or Steve Wozniak on what Steve would have thought about these ads so why should people listen to your claims on what Steve Jobs would have thought?

Well you did obviously or why would you even comment on it?
post #238 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Just goes to show - no matter what Apple does, people will complain. So they should continue simply ignoring all the loud-mouthed complainers.

I actually like the ads because they are focused on point for the target audience. Apple is trying to communicate that you can always find help, solutions and advice at the Apple store. The target audience is inexperienced users, those who had a difficult time with Windows and have either recently switched or those who are perhaps considering it.

The ads do not put Apple on a pedestal or try to convince die hard Windows users that Mac is better. The ads are about Apple reminding non tech type users that although many companies are saying we are just like Apple, they don't have any Geniuses.

I was reading the One on One training support page which states that the service is available only when you purchase a new Mac. The annual fee is $99. I wonder how long after you buy your Mac can you later upgrade to One on One or is it only at the exact time of purchase?

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #239 of 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I actually like the ads because they are focused on point for the target audience. Apple is trying to communicate that you can always find help, solutions and advice at the Apple store. The target audience is inexperienced users, those who had a difficult time with Windows and have either recently switched or those who are perhaps considering it.

Think of the Samsung ads that just tried to make people feel bad about liking their Apple products. They were basically saying that if you are excited about a new iPhone you're a pathetic asshole. That doesn't work on consumers unless they have very low self esteem.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #240 of 318
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post
Think of the Samsung ads that just tried to make people feel bad about liking their Apple products. They were basically saying that if you are excited about a new iPhone you're a pathetic asshole. That doesn't work on consumers unless they have very low self esteem.

 

Hey! They just aired a new one of those!

 

Edit: Right, screw you, Cult of Mac. Screw you forever.

 

1. For linking to hundreds of Cult of Android articles on the Cult of Mac site.

 

2. For using Disqus on Android so that people from Mac (Vanilla) can't post in the comments about how mind-numbingly pathetic and idiotic your decisions are.

 

3. FOR POSTING AN ARTICLE THAT SAYS "NEW COMMERCIAL" WHEN IT'S ACTUALLY AN ARTICLE FROM JANUARY.


Edited by Tallest Skil - 7/29/12 at 8:36am

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple Genius ads debut during Olympic opening ceremonies