or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Photos of alleged fully-assembled next-gen iPhone surface
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Photos of alleged fully-assembled next-gen iPhone surface - Page 5

post #161 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post


This rendering appears to be little more than a more rounded/ergonimically sound version of the current design with a bit more style.

I don't think I would like a rounded back like that as I tend to set my phone on the desk quite often and that design appears that it would be wobbly and unstable in that situation,

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #162 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

Horrible renders, I'd never buy an iPhone that looks plasticky like that. It's too shiny, it lacks equilibrium in its materials, yuck.
And it's too flat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I was gonna say the same thing. The reflection of the photographer's… the heck is that thing called again? Look at the struts; their reflection is curved.

The fact that certain people can look at the iPhone 4/4S and that mockup and consider them exactly the same pretty much tells you everything you need to know about how they see the world aesthetically. It's a condition I'm now calling iProsopagnosia.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #163 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


I wasn't aware that an ostrich will stick its head up its own ass.

 

It's a shame some of the old guard on here feel the need to resort to simple insults when people don't agree with their perceived wisdom. 

 

It's the same lack of imagination that many people are accusing Apple of with this proposed new iPhone so in that sense you're well suited.

 

"He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young."

post #164 of 306
How to quadruple page view traffic: take existing iPhone rumors, add renderings of the same, and watch the clicks roll in.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #165 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

The fact that certain people can look at the iPhone 4/4S and that mockup and consider them exactly the same pretty much tells you everything you need to know about how they see the world aesthetically. It's a condition I'm now calling iProsopagnosia.

Oh Please... Not a single person posted one line about the two being "exactly the same" so take your overblown lies elsewhere and stop trolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

It's a shame some of the old guard on here feel the need to resort to simple insults when people don't agree with their perceived wisdom. 

Actually Shaun... It's just pathetic that he's allowed to behave so ridiculously/disruptively, especially given that he's anything but 'wise'.


Anyway... The rendering I posted would be a very nice evolution of the currnet iPhone 4/4S design themes.
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
post #166 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

"Ironic"

Ironical - of the nature of irony. Not sure the post I quoted is anything but a Poe and certainly lacking the introspection to see irony in his/her/its own posts.
post #167 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Sure... Whatever... Like the current iPhone 4/4s is ANY less 'shiny and lacking equiulibruim in its materials' (WFTH?) - given that its exterior's also made of glass and metal - LOL!
This rendering appears to be little more than a more rounded/ergonimically sound version of the current design with a bit more style.

Sorry if I hurt you! I mean it's your right to like it. It's just a fan rendering after all. Still it looks plasticky compared to the iPhone 4. And the metal ridge of the iPhone 4 isn't shiny so it gives equilibrium to the whole imo. Now that I think of it, 3G/GS had a shiny rim, but it somehow looked good on them. I'm just trying to understand why I don't like those renders here! Lol

With all this talking about the next iPhone, I want one!! Even if it doesn't look like that! :P
post #168 of 306

Get me a new user interface! 

 

Screen size, this chip, that chip, blah blah blah...

 

I want a user interface that sets every phone maker back another 3 years as Apple did when they introduced the original iPhone. 

 

These icons in rows... simply boring at this point. Now you're going to give me a bigger screen so I can fit more grid style icons on one page? 

 

Give me widgets! Stop making me double click the damn home button to switch apps. Better yet, hold my finger on an app to close them out one by one.

 

I still say Palm's version of multitasking (although maybe not the best of battery life) was the best example of multitasking and closing apps.

 

And now that we are on the topic of battery life, holy hell my 4S battery sucks. Have had it switched out twice now from my local Apple store. 

 

That thing does not hold a charge well.

 

User interface and battery life. Two unbelievably simple tasks for a company like Apple to tackle. If we don't see something in iOS 7, I truly (and this is very hard to say due to the fact that my life is 110 % invested in the Apple Ecosystem) am going to have to look at a different brand. 

post #169 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

This 'alleged' new iPhone simply looks like a slightly elongated version of the now 2-year-old iPhone 4/4S with a few tweaks here and there - Which is hardly anyhting remotely ground-breaking/innovative and it's beginning to appear that there's a certain degree of complacency in the Apple design deparment lately.
Time for Apple to start to 'Think Different' again.
Anyway... It'll likely sell well enough (merely because it's an Apple product), but it's becoming pretty obvious that the once creative arm of Apple is (seemingly) coming up very short on interesting ideas as of late (to include iOS 6), while competitors are truly advancing the state of mobile device technology/design.
Come on Cook, Ivy and Company... Surely there are still a few great (design) ideas left in you.

 

 

I am confused, why would Apple dramatically alter something selling spectacularly well? Apple is refining and improving an already exceptional product. Most of the improvements will take the form of software. There is also unseen improvements, such as antenna upgrades.  I also am confused as to how Apple's competitors are advancing the state of mobile technology. What is Samsung doing so spectacular other than increasing the screen size and borrowing from Microsoft and adding a stylus. 

post #170 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post


I am confused, why would Apple dramatically alter something selling spectacularly well? Apple is refining and improving an already exceptional product. Most of the improvements will take the form of software. There is also unseen improvements, such as antenna upgrades.  I also am confused as to how Apple's competitors are advancing the state of mobile technology. What is Samsung doing so spectacular other than increasing the screen size and borrowing from Microsoft and adding a stylus. 

Antenna upgrades is hardly something that most people will care about.

@TheKid2020
Yes, I too think that Palm OS had a great intuitive and visually coherent way to treat multitasking.
post #171 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post


I am confused, why would Apple dramatically alter something selling spectacularly well? Apple is refining and improving an already exceptional product. Most of the improvements will take the form of software. There is also unseen improvements, such as antenna upgrades.  I also am confused as to how Apple's competitors are advancing the state of mobile technology. What is Samsung doing so spectacular other than increasing the screen size and borrowing from Microsoft and adding a stylus. 

That's the thing, he doesn't see anything past some superficial modification. If he can't see it then it doesn't exist so in his mind he doesn't think the iPhone 4S is any different than the iPhone 4 simply because they look the same to him. If you are an OEM struggling to turn a profit and have no history of satisfied customers I can see why one might try to make a flash device to set themselves apart from all other vendors, especially if you use the same OS as everyone else, but sophisticated buyers who care about usability and functionality aren't moved by useless flare or CGI-heavy ads when they make a purchase. Regardless of what Apple brings out we can sure that there will be a mountain of changes because they have done so with every previous iPhone release before it.

He doesn't care about the antenna, except to say how Apple completely failed by making it external despite still use the same external antenna almost 2.5 years later. he doesn't care about the massive improvements to the RAM performance, he'll just say that high-end Android phones have more RAM without acknowledging that OS and apps and need more to do basic functions. The list goes on. The devil is in the details and that's someone Apple has a history of focusing on when making a quality product. There is a reason their products have such an uncommonly high after market value.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #172 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I would prefer the current 3.5". Fits in my pockets, and believe a 4" will 'stretch' my pants as my phone always falls 'landscape-wise' It really looks 'long':
1000

 

 

The size is a real problem.  The iPhone is the right size for people's pockets, anything bigger is not going to be comfortable in the pocket.

 

The screen too - Apple chose the 3.5 inch screen for very good and very solid reasons.  this new "widescreen" design won't allow one-handed operation.  Widescreen is good for only one thing, and a smartphone screen ain't it.

post #173 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


You mean the car that looked pretty much the same since its debut in the late 50's? That what you think Apple should be copying with a radical new design? Even if you account for the modernized version it's still the same basic cues that gives it a distinctive Mini look and feel. No, you're just the standard troll who will ignore all changes and focus on what hasn't changed and then work up reasons as to why the changes made were bad and the changes not made were even worse.
Just to drive home how feeble your comments are: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911_GT3 Not just cool, but Sub Zero. At least do a little research before you post.

 

If you think the Porsche is sub-zero then you're either seriously deluded or having a mid life crisis. Based on your recent comments I suspect the later. As for the Mini you have no idea what's cool and you never will.

 

Go put your corduroys on grandad and go for a spin in your Porsche. 

post #174 of 306
O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

Ahah I love it how so many people say they don't like it.
I do like it, very much, and hope it's real. I'm the fanboy now.
Lol at people calling this a photoshop. Photoshop of what? A samsung transformed into an iphone?

One doesn't need a original photo, photohop can create a photo out of nothing.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #175 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySwitched26 View Post


The size is a real problem.  The iPhone is the right size for people's pockets, anything bigger is not going to be comfortable in the pocket.

The screen too - Apple chose the 3.5 inch screen for very good and very solid reasons.  this new "widescreen" design won't allow one-handed operation.  Widescreen is good for only one thing, and a smartphone screen ain't it.

This is like half a centimeter taller than an iPhone.

Happy 1000th post Shaun!!
post #176 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

O
One doesn't need a original photo, photohop can create a photo out of nothing.

So you are saying they created this out of nothing? Good drawing skills!

Sorry for double post....
post #177 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid2020 View Post

Get me a new user interface! 

How is a new user interface going to increase the usability? That is an honest question because if you look at OS X, how much has the user interface changed since 10.0? That was over a decade and the UI is basically the same.

 

The iPhone was revolutionary because it distilled down how the UI should work on a screen that size. Windows is trying something new but it doesn't seem any better, in fact worse by most reviews. Sometimes there just isn't a better solution. Look at autos: they haven't changed the basic layout of the shifter steering wheel and pedals in almost a 100 years. How well do you think a car would sell if the steering wheel was replace by levers like a bull dozer and the throttle was a button on the dash. Instead of using the gear selector you had to press the area that is now the horn. Well it wouldn't be too popular as you can imagine. Apple is making well reasoned incremental changes that make sense. Revamping the entire OS just to say it is new has never been their style.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #178 of 306
edit: What muppetry said.
Edited by SolipsismX - 7/29/12 at 7:50pm

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #179 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You mean the car that looked pretty much the same since its debut in the late 50's? That what you think Apple should be copying with a radical new design? Even if you account for the modernized version it's still the same basic cues that gives it a distinctive Mini look and feel. No, you're just the standard troll who will ignore all changes and focus on what hasn't changed and then work up reasons as to why the changes made were bad and the changes not made were even worse.

Just to drive home how feeble your comments are: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911_GT3 Not just cool, but Sub Zero. At least do a little research before you post.

If you think the Porsche is sub-zero then you're either seriously deluded or having a mid life crisis. Based on your recent comments I suspect the later. As for the Mini you have no idea what's cool and you never will.

Go put your corduroys on grandad and go for a spin in your Porsche. 

Well hang on - it was you that brought up the cool wall as evidence, and Soli is correct - Top Gear rated the 911 GT3 as sub-zero.
post #180 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

 

It Absolutely Does Not... and by even posting such a thing proves that you've obviously never seen/held a Galaxy SIII.
 
Anyway... It'd be nice if Apple took a more ergonimically friendly approach to the shape of the 'new iPhone, (much less harsh and flat as Samsung did with the GSIII)...
 
Maybe something along the lines of this:
 

700

 

 

Maybe you should get a job at Apple design. Seems like they could do with some fresh ideas.

 

I much prefer the way the iPhone 3GS sits in the hand than the iPhone 4. It's more comfortable to hold with the curved back.

 

I don't have a problem with plastic - it's light, strong, very durable and doesn't break if you drop it.

post #181 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

How is a new user interface going to increase the usability? That is an honest question because if you look at OS X, how much has the user interface changed since 10.0? That was over a decade and the UI is basically the same.

The iPhone was revolutionary because it distilled down how the UI should work on a screen that size. Windows is trying something new but it doesn't seem any better, in fact worse by most reviews. Sometimes there just isn't a better solution. Look at autos: they haven't changed the basic layout of the shifter steering wheel and pedals in almost a 100 years. How well do you think a car would sell if the steering wheel was replace by levers like a bull dozer and the throttle was a button on the dash. Instead of using the gear selector you had to press the area that is now the horn. Well it wouldn't be too popular as you can imagine. Apple is making well reasoned incremental changes that make sense. Revamping the entire OS just to say it is new has never been their style.

i also don't recall any other phone before the iPhone that make the phone just another app. There are no dedicated receive and hang up buttons on the HW. It's was just one of 16(?) apps. That was a radical change in many ways.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #182 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

So you are saying they created this out of nothing? Good drawing skills!
Sorry for double post....

Drawing a phone is much easier than drawing a girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuCHPAmAfIQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #183 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

edit: What muppetry said.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post


Well hang on - it was you that brought up the cool wall as evidence, and Soli is correct - Top Gear rated the 911 GT3 as sub-zero.

 

You do know the cool wall is a subjective thing don't you not a statement of fact. Just coz Clarkson says it's cool doesn't make it true. Most people in the UK thing he's an asshole. It's a great TV show but Clarkson is still an asshole and he's not the final word on what's cool.

post #184 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Drawing a phone is much easier than drawing a girl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuCHPAmAfIQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's very impressive.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #185 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

How is a new user interface going to increase the usability? That is an honest question because if you look at OS X, how much has the user interface changed since 10.0? That was over a decade and the UI is basically the same.

 

The iPhone was revolutionary because it distilled down how the UI should work on a screen that size. Windows is trying something new but it doesn't seem any better, in fact worse by most reviews. Sometimes there just isn't a better solution. Look at autos: they haven't changed the basic layout of the shifter steering wheel and pedals in almost a 100 years. How well do you think a car would sell if the steering wheel was replace by levers like a bull dozer and the throttle was a button on the dash. Instead of using the gear selector you had to press the area that is now the horn. Well it wouldn't be too popular as you can imagine. Apple is making well reasoned incremental changes that make sense. Revamping the entire OS just to say it is new has never been their style.

Where I agree with you regarding OS X not changing, although it has slightly over the years. You're going to tell me there isn't something better for their multitasking feature? I'm not saying to completely ditch the grid style. However, you also can't tell me folders and gridded icons are something you aren't tired of seeing. Holding down your finger and having to hit the X every time you want to close an app? We have seen better implications of such tasks, so why not implement it? Or simply give it as an option for people who prefer the older style. Your argument about steering a car is a little far fetched. Although I understand your argument. However, cars will come out with different steering wheels, different controls on their steering wheels. You have the option of the sifter on the steering column or the center console (don't know the make, but now their is a dial to switch gears).

 

Not to jump products, but you cannot sit there and tell me they can't find a better way to utilize the screen real-estate on the iPad. There has got to be a better UI somewhere in their labs. Take the OS X dock and slap it at the bottom (or wherever you'd want it) on the iPad. Make it so when I run my finger across it the apps are magnified. Something as simple as that would make people drool and wet their pants. 

 

I'm simply saying, it has been 5 years going on 6. Let see what Apple can really do. We all know their hardware is top notch and no one can compete. Make using my phone exciting again, please. 

post #186 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Are you people freaking kidding me? Do you really think that after over a year of saying this that it means anything at all?

 

They have gone through several refinement phases. The phone just gets more perfect with each revision. Let Samsung actually come up with something completely different. These look like a work of mature refined art.

post #187 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post


You do know the cool wall is a subjective thing don't you not a statement of fact. Just coz Clarkson says it's cool doesn't make it true. Most people in the UK thing he's an asshole. It's a great TV show but Clarkson is still an asshole and he's not the final word on what's cool.

But you brought it up. No one else but you.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #188 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Drawing a phone is much easier than drawing a girl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuCHPAmAfIQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

As if that drawing would pass close examination... Fake 3D I could believe, a drawing no. Sorry but you overestimate what PS can do, or maybe you're using CS11 or whatever. I don't need to lose time searching for videos to show your desperate attempt at trying to win. You win, happy? These images were made with PS from scratch, by one monkey. A daltonian monkey. That's what I believe.
post #189 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


According to AnandTech the change in how they made the WiFi antenna made it slightly better despite the flexboard being significantly smaller than the previous external design. Judging by the break in the material on the back it would appear that at least part of the back isn't an RF reflecting material which tells me that there wouldn't be a problem for them to continue using an internal antenna design with the next model.


Cool. Thanks!

post #190 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

Happy 1000th post Shaun!!

 

Blimey I missed that thanks. Sugar, I wanted it to be something profound rather than prosaic lol.

post #191 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post


As if that drawing would pass close examination... Fake 3D I could believe, a drawing no. Sorry but you overestimate what PS can do, or maybe you're using CS11 or whatever. I don't need to lose time searching for videos to show your desperate attempt at trying to win. You win, happy? These images were made with PS from scratch, by one monkey. A daltonian monkey. That's what I believe.


May I ask what a daltonian monkey is?

post #192 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid2020 View Post

Not to jump products, but you cannot sit there and tell me they can't find a better way to utilize the screen real-estate on the iPad. There has got to be a better UI somewhere in their labs. Take the OS X dock and slap it at the bottom (or wherever you'd want it) on the iPad. Make it so when I run my finger across it the apps are magnified. Something as simple as that would make people drool and wet their pants.

How is that better? So I have an empty desktop with a wallpaper to stare at but now all my apps that used to fill up a screen are all now squished into a row at the bottom or do I now have 6x as many pages of a single row at the bottom. Double-tap the home button to bring up Fast App Switcher and tell me if truly want to choose apps by sliding a single ribbon of apps back and forth. I certainly don't.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #193 of 306

Lets give Apple the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully Tim Cook realizes that this Iphone5 is going to be the most important thing Apple ever put out. I think we are all going to be positively surprised. Right Tim???

post #194 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

As if that drawing would pass close examination... Fake 3D I could believe, a drawing no. Sorry but you overestimate what PS can do, or maybe you're using CS11 or whatever. I don't need to lose time searching for videos to show your desperate attempt at trying to win. You win, happy? These images were made with PS from scratch, by one monkey. A daltonian monkey. That's what I believe.

I wasn't trying to win anything nor was I claiming that's how it was done. Was just pointing out what the right person can do with photoshop. Images of a current iphone can easily be changed.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #195 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post


May I ask what a daltonian monkey is?

What else but a monkey from dalton? sheesh. Lol. I have no clue either
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #196 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


How is that better? So I have an empty desktop with a wallpaper to stare at but now all my apps that used to fill up a screen are all now squished into a row at the bottom or do I now have 6x as many pages of a single row at the bottom. Double-tap the home button to bring up Fast App Switcher and tell me if truly want to choose apps by sliding a single ribbon of apps back and forth. I certainly don't.

Don't you already have apps at the bottom of your iOS device? I'm simply talking about a UI change as little as the dock. Obviously you're not going to have 6x the pages of just apps at the bottom. I'm the one advocating about removing or improving the Fast App Switcher, you're the one making assumptions on a comment regarding a UI change. Calm yourself. 

post #197 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

edit: What muppetry said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Well hang on - it was you that brought up the cool wall as evidence, and Soli is correct - Top Gear rated the 911 GT3 as sub-zero.

You do know the cool wall is a subjective thing don't you not a statement of fact. Just coz Clarkson says it's cool doesn't make it true. Most people in the UK thing he's an asshole. It's a great TV show but Clarkson is still an asshole and he's not the final word on what's cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

Reminds me of the Cool Wall on Top Gear (sorry you probably won't get the reference outside the UK). The Porsche is seriously uncool.

So - maybe we misunderstood your post, that looked like it was invoking Top Gear in support of your opinion. Anyway, just because you say it's uncool doesn't make it true. Most people on this forum think that you're an, er, not an ostrich, obviously.
post #198 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

This 'alleged' new iPhone simply looks like a slightly elongated version of the now 2-year-old iPhone 4/4S with a few tweaks here and there - Which is hardly anyhting remotely ground-breaking/innovative and it's beginning to appear that there's a certain degree of complacency in the Apple design deparment lately.
Time for Apple to start to 'Think Different' again.
Anyway... It'll likely sell well enough (merely because it's an Apple product), but it's becoming pretty obvious that the once creative arm of Apple is (seemingly) coming up very short on interesting ideas as of late (to include iOS 6), while competitors are truly advancing the state of mobile device technology/design.
Come on Cook, Ivy and Company... Surely there are still a few great (design) ideas left in you.

 

Maybe we should demand a new design for forks and spoons too. The designs is very stale and the cullery people just have dropped the ball with innovation. /s

post #199 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktappe View Post

These look like the real deal. Hopefully this level of completion implies we'll see the new model sooner rather than later. Apple needs to hit a home run with the iPhone 5; Samsung has been (surprisingly, at least to me) outselling Apple 2:1 lately.
A decent device is going to do that every year about this time in the iPhone refresh. cycle. It doesn't matter, because even with fewer unit sales (which are still higher than any competing single model) Apple takes most of the market profits.
post #200 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvega1972 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Those "white" parts sure look nice.  It almost looks like they are made out of silver instead of steel.
Those are definitely Liquidmetal. Let's hope the final parts incorporate Liquidmetal for the rest of the phone, as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Photos of alleged fully-assembled next-gen iPhone surface