or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Photos of alleged fully-assembled next-gen iPhone surface
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Photos of alleged fully-assembled next-gen iPhone surface - Page 6

post #201 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid2020 View Post

Don't you already have apps at the bottom of your iOS device? I'm simply talking about a UI change as little as the dock. Obviously you're not going to have 6x the pages of just apps at the bottom. I'm the one advocating about removing or improving the Fast App Switcher, you're the one making assumptions on a comment regarding a UI change. Calm yourself. 

So your point wasn't to move all the apps to an iOS Dock but to have them super small so you need to tap, hold and drag your finger so they bubble up underneath your finger? Is that correct? I think it's safe to say that people don't want to drag their finger around their screen and then look around their fat finger to select an app to use. They simply just want to tap it like they would any other button in the real world. How would you then select it? Is it selected when you release your finger, do you have to hold your finger over it longer to get to open, or do you have to release and then quickly re-tap it as retains its magnification? How would you then un-choose something so it doesn't launch the app; move your finger to the empty "desktop"? I don't get this at all. The way Apple design their UI actions is the reason it's a success, the reason why it's vaulted above all others, the reason everyone else has copied it, and the reason why the anti-Apple trolls scour Apple forums, not in spite of. They didn't use Mac OS X because they couldn't, they didn't use it because they shouldn't.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #202 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post


May I ask what a daltonian monkey is?

You know what daltonism is, no?

Concerning the UI, I'd love to have a touch sensitive border on the iPad. A swipe from the bottom would bring the multitasking bar up, with the latest app right under the finger. Keep the finger pressed and slide it up to the center to switch to last app. Slide it all the way to the top to dismiss it/close it. Previous apps would appear on both sides of the last app icon. Lift the finger from the screen on the bar then click on any previous app to switch to it. For power users, slide left/right without lifting the finger once the multitasking tray is open to quickly switch to any previous app by lifting the finger above it.
post #203 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


But you brought it up. No one else but you.

 

Reminds me of the old joke about how meanings get changed as they get passed along so that  "Send reinforcements, we're going to advance," becomes "Send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance."

 

What I actually said was "Reminds me of the Cool Wall on Top Gear (sorry you probably won't get the reference outside the UK). The Porsche is seriously uncool. They should look towards the new MIni for a cool car influence. The Porsche is Pam Anderson - old, tarty and vulger but you'd probably still go for a ride given the chance. The Mini is Emma Watson - young, hip, trendy and very desirable."

 

In other words I think the Porsche is seriously uncool. Me not Top Gear. I can't remember where Clarkson put it, I'm not the memory man. I was expressing my view. My own cool wall so to speak. I didn't say "Top Gear thinks the Porsche is uncool".

post #204 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

What else but a monkey from dalton? sheesh. Lol. I have no clue either

That's the real name for color blind people.

And, you couldn't know, I don't need lessons on what PS can do, I use it every day.
post #205 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

You know what daltonism is, no?
Concerning the UI, I'd love to have a touch sensitive border on the iPad. A swipe from the bottom would bring the multitasking bar up, with the latest app right under the finger. Keep the finger pressed and slide it up to the center to switch to last app. Slide it all the way to the top to dismiss it/close it. Previous apps would appear on both sides of the last app icon. Lift the finger from the screen on the bar then click on any previous app to switch to it. For power users, slide left/right without lifting the finger once the multitasking tray is open to quickly switch to any previous app by lifting the finger above it.

Fancy name for a color blind monkey. Customizable finger gestures on a screen can already be done on Android.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #206 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

But you brought it up. No one else but you.

Reminds me of the old joke about how meanings get changed as they get passed along so that  "Send reinforcements, we're going to advance," becomes "Send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance."

What I actually said was "Reminds me of the Cool Wall on Top Gear (sorry you probably won't get the reference outside the UK). The Porsche is seriously uncool. They should look towards the new MIni for a cool car influence. The Porsche is Pam Anderson - old, tarty and vulger but you'd probably still go for a ride given the chance. The Mini is Emma Watson - young, hip, trendy and very desirable."

In other words I think the Porsche is seriously uncool. Me not Top Gear. I can't remember where Clarkson put it, I'm not the memory man. I was expressing my view. My own cool wall so to speak. I didn't say "Top Gear thinks the Porsche is uncool".

Got it - a simple misunderstanding as you say. I'd have to guess that you've never driven either vehicle in that case, and are basing your view on looks alone. Just like with the iPhone in fact.
post #207 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


That's very impressive.

All done on Windows. Once you are inside Photoshop it really doesn't matter which OS you are using. Experts are experts and the OS has nothing to do with it.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #208 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Fancy name for a color blind monkey. Customizable finger gestures on a screen can already be done on Android.

I want smooth and easy. And I'm not just talking finger gestures, but a UIthat follows what I do.
post #209 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

All done on Windows. Once you are inside Photoshop it really doesn't matter which OS you are using. Experts are experts and the OS has nothing to do with it.

Speaking of Windows, it's amazing what people can do with MS Paint.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #210 of 306

I thought it was going to be redesigned...so much for innovation

"Apple people have no objectivity when it comes to criticism of Apple.." Lenovo X1 Carbon is out..bye bye MBAir

Reply

"Apple people have no objectivity when it comes to criticism of Apple.." Lenovo X1 Carbon is out..bye bye MBAir

Reply
post #211 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

I have a strong feeling that we will see parallel development of an iPhone this size and of the original sized models. The goal for Apple is to cover a wider array of user needs. The big model will be the LTE machine for a couple of years while the 4S class machine receives other improvements to keep it modern.
I like the idea of a three phone line up. That is an iPhone Maxi, Midi and Mini. The Midi would amount to the current 4S class machines. This would cover just about every users and would more effectively take on or over for iPod slack.

 

Maybe as prototypes for testing to see if a bigger screen changes it functionality. And I can assure you that LTE will be in the ONE prototype Apple decides to go with. Just look at the Samsung model in the commercial of a jogger. The thing is ridiculously hugh and awkward. Nothing a real jogger would ever use to run with, especially since they could buy a clip on iPod to jog with.

post #212 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post

I thought it was going to be redesigned...so much for innovation

And you look at a completely new design and see no new design? They haven't used a casing that is connected on the back and sides since the iPhone 3GS in 2009. Is the Home Button suppose to be on the top of the phone now? Show the display be a circle instead of a rectangle? :sigh:

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #213 of 306

Amused by the parade of faux angst about how uncompetitive or disappointing the next iPhone is going to be from people who weren't going to buy one in the first place.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #214 of 306
Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post
I thought it was going to be redesigned...so much for innovation

 

1000

 

Of course it doesn't animate. Thanks, Huddler.

 

This statement (and all variations thereof) needs to be infraction-worthy. 

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #215 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

 

 

Of course it doesn't animate. Thanks, Huddler.

 

This statement (and all variations thereof) needs to be infraction-worthy. 

Fixed it for you

 

Actually let me un fix it 

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #216 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post

I thought it was going to be redesigned...so much for innovation

Genetically, modern humans are unchanged compared to humans from 20,000 years ago. It is all about the software revisions. Stay tuned.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #217 of 306
So if it was just done with PS then it's impressive than someone has completed a CGI video of these photos that, to my untrained eye, seem real.


Based on everything I'm seeing it looks real and looks spectacular. Apple has kept everything that works while evolving the look and style of the device.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #218 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Genetically, modern humans are unchanged compared to humans from 20,000 years ago. It is all about the software revisions. Stay tuned.

You mean the source code, like DNA, because our brains have changed less in the last 20k years than we have physically, but that's mostly due to dietary changes.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #219 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

Ironical - of the nature of irony. Not sure the post I quoted is anything but a Poe and certainly lacking the introspection to see irony in his/her/its own posts.

My apologies, it's not a word in British English but accepted in American English.
post #220 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie View Post

Commonality among smartphone designs notwithstanding, this looks considerably like an "Apple-ized" HTC Arrive/7 Pro... front and back. (Sans slide-out keyboard)

 

Not that I have a problem with that. Eventually there will be convergence. Years ago when the first Glock pistol appeared on the market their advertisements claimed "someday all handguns will be this good." Years later, other handgun manufacturers caught up because the Glock design (and technology) was the best.

 

Glock is, and always will be, garbage compared to Walther.

post #221 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by enature View Post

 

 

That Apple camp is in trouble became apparent in Spring of this year. Now Apple just missed the earnings expectations while analysts are touting $1000 share price and Tim Cook has his head in the sand. But more trouble is ahead if this is indeed the new iPhone design. imho, the sales will disappoint... thoroughly. 

 

Apple missed nothing but the insane estimates by idiot analysts.  They exceeded their own estimates.  Now let's see how badly they did.   They beat the same quarter previous year by only $6.4 BILLION DOLLARS of revenue and they beat the same quarter previous year by $1.5 BILLION in earnings.   Boo hoo.   Apple is failing.    Most companies would kill to have revenue equivalent to Apple's year over year increase.    Apple is the only company whose stock drops when they beat the same quarter previous year by $6.4 billion.      Do you think that expectations have become insane?    The world is still in a sucky economy.  Imagine Apple's performance if the world economy was healthy.    

post #222 of 306

Don't don't don't believe the hype!

post #223 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

 

Glock is, and always will be, garbage compared to Walther.

Which company makes Phasers? Gunpowder is so 9th century.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #224 of 306

iPhone 5S- yes i will wait for iPhone 5S!
 

Happy DiNo ***MAC Pro*** 2X 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 32GB RAM Mac Pro RAID Card 2 X 300GB 15,000-rpm SAS 2 X 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3GB/s NVIDIAQuadro FX 5600 1.5GB 2X 16x S-Drives AirPort...
Reply
Happy DiNo ***MAC Pro*** 2X 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 32GB RAM Mac Pro RAID Card 2 X 300GB 15,000-rpm SAS 2 X 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3GB/s NVIDIAQuadro FX 5600 1.5GB 2X 16x S-Drives AirPort...
Reply
post #225 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


So your point wasn't to move all the apps to an iOS Dock but to have them super small so you need to tap, hold and drag your finger so they bubble up underneath your finger? Is that correct? I think it's safe to say that people don't want to drag their finger around their screen and then look around their fat finger to select an app to use. They simply just want to tap it like they would any other button in the real world. How would you then select it? Is it selected when you release your finger, do you have to hold your finger over it longer to get to open, or do you have to release and then quickly re-tap it as retains its magnification? How would you then un-choose something so it doesn't launch the app; move your finger to the empty "desktop"? I don't get this at all. The way Apple design their UI actions is the reason it's a success, the reason why it's vaulted above all others, the reason everyone else has copied it, and the reason why the anti-Apple trolls scour Apple forums, not in spite of. They didn't use Mac OS X because they couldn't, they didn't use it because they shouldn't.

 

Once again, making assumptions out of a comment regarding changing a UI that has been unchanged for 6 years. You don't make any mention to my comment about using the iPads screen real-estate to improve any aspect of the UI. For someone who can sit behind a computer and be a cynical wise ass with your over 6,000 random forum posts is really an achievement all on its on. But back to the debate. You seem like a semi intelligent individual, rather then attacking a simple comment, why not think outside the box. Lets argue you run your finger along the bottom where your current dock is located (not all your apps, which I never stated). They magnify, hence resolving the problem your "fat fingers". Again, probably from polishing off bags of Cheetos and typing so many posts. Then doing a simple gesture of flicking the app up, opening the app. Lets then take it another step and do a double tap of your home button, rather then bring up your nifty Fast App Switching feature, it will impose the app in a suspended state, almost as if it is floating on the "desktop" (think Palm WebOS), where at that point you can flick the opened app up again, closing the app. Swiping left or right shows you more apps or a widget screen. 

 

What I'm doing here is thinking, brainstorming and envisioning of other ways iOS can be ran. What you do is act all tough behind your Cheetos crumb colored keyboard and make generalized statements because you aren't keen enough to think outside the box of Apple. And again, you don't have to get anything. Because in all honesty, you probably never will. Apple didn't "vault" over anyone or anything. They were the first on the block and have held the gold medal since day one. There lies the problem, no competition. Which brings us to this argument. They didn't use Mac OS X, very good little one, but at what point did I say they should have or asked why they didn't? 

 

Finally, if you're throwing an "anti-Apple troll" comment my way, I'll repeat myself from earlier, calm yourself. While standing next to my iPod Hi-Fi (which you weren't even a member of this site when it was introduced) along with all my other gear, you have nothing to stand on with that argument. 

 

I've been a member longer then you, this being myyyy 43 post? Maybe. If you get off at trolling these sites to make yourself feel important and try to attack the seemingly weak (TheKid2020 with only 40 something posts over 5 years), then you sir are a loser. 

post #226 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Which company makes Phasers? Gunpowder is so 9th century.

Personally I prefer a pocket flamethrower. Because, you know, it's our (okay, I won't hijack this thread... this time 'round muah ha ha ha)...
post #227 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid2020 View Post

Finally, if you're throwing an "anti-Apple troll" comment my way, I'll repeat myself from earlier, calm yourself. While standing next to my iPod Hi-Fi (which you weren't even a member of this site when it was introduced) along with all my other gear, you have nothing to stand on with that argument. 

I've been a member longer then you, this being myyyy 43 post? Maybe. If you get off at trolling these sites to make yourself feel important and try to attack the seemingly weak (TheKid2020 with only 40 something posts over 5 years), then you sir are a loser. 

Don't take it personally, it's just the way he is, unpalatable as it may be.

In truth, we can see what is going on. Steve Jobs under Apple always had an underdog mentality, and that drew him to continually re-invent.

Under Tim Cook, who is probably taking charge of things until Scott Forstall comes of age to be CEO, we will see iOS-iPad become Windows-PC (but not as distasteful, thankfully) circa 2015-2020.

To clarify, iOS-iPad will still be impressive but of course it is time to scale to the level of Windows-PC, that's what I mean. Keeping quality control up will be difficult but that's Tim and Scott's forte. In some ways, perhaps Steve thought of this already, by designing something that is literally a clean slate, and all you need to worry about is the software. The hardware takes care of itself ~ it just needs to be slim, lightweight, durable, and run forever on battery.

iPhone is a trickier one because it is still important but again software-wise and hardware-wise it is all about more seamlessness. Samsung can continue to roll on their momentum, iPhone sells less but will still be important, yet iPhone-hardware-wise I'm not sure if we will see "hardcore" innovation over the next few years.

Mac and OS X will become niche relative to Apple products, though of course the de-facto desktop and laptop OS for anyone sick of Windows and are just dying to break free.
Edited by sr2012 - 7/29/12 at 10:23pm
post #228 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid2020 View Post

Once again, making assumptions out of a comment regarding changing a UI that has been unchanged for 6 years. You don't make any mention to my comment about using the iPads screen real-estate to improve any aspect of the UI. For someone who can sit behind a computer and be a cynical wise ass with your over 6,000 random forum posts is really an achievement all on its on. But back to the debate. You seem like a semi intelligent individual, rather then attacking a simple comment, why not think outside the box. Lets argue you run your finger along the bottom where your current dock is located (not all your apps, which I never stated). They magnify, hence resolving the problem your "fat fingers". Again, probably from polishing off bags of Cheetos and typing so many posts. Then doing a simple gesture of flicking the app up, opening the app. Lets then take it another step and do a double tap of your home button, rather then bring up your nifty Fast App Switching feature, it will impose the app in a suspended state, almost as if it is floating on the "desktop" (think Palm WebOS), where at that point you can flick the opened app up again, closing the app. Swiping left or right shows you more apps or a widget screen. 

What I'm doing here is thinking, brainstorming and envisioning of other ways iOS can be ran. What you do is act all tough behind your Cheetos crumb colored keyboard and make generalized statements because you aren't keen enough to think outside the box of Apple. And again, you don't have to get anything. Because in all honesty, you probably never will. Apple didn't "vault" over anyone or anything. They were the first on the block and have held the gold medal since day one. There lies the problem, no competition. Which brings us to this argument. They didn't use Mac OS X, very good little one, but at what point did I say they should have or asked why they didn't? 

Finally, if you're throwing an "anti-Apple troll" comment my way, I'll repeat myself from earlier, calm yourself. While standing next to my iPod Hi-Fi (which you weren't even a member of this site when it was introduced) along with all my other gear, you have nothing to stand on with that argument. 

I've been a member longer then you, this being myyyy 43 post? Maybe. If you get off at trolling these sites to make yourself feel important and try to attack the seemingly weak (TheKid2020 with only 40 something posts over 5 years), then you sir are a loser. 

You made a bad argument to make iOS more like Mac OS by adding a magnified Dock that you run your finger over to choose an app. I dismantled the logics of your idea but instead of dealing with and thinking of a more plausible way to improve iOS you have instead attacked me. Not my ideas. Not my opinions. You attacked me. I won't report you because it's all pretty pathetic and childish but you aren't making your case any better by claiming I eat Cheeros and wasn't signed up to AI when the iPod Hi-Fi was announced.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #229 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You made a bad argument to make iOS more like Mac OS by adding a magnified Dock that you run your finger over to choose an app. I dismantled the logics of your idea but instead of dealing with and thinking of a more plausible way to improve iOS you have instead attacked me. Not my ideas. Not my opinions. You attacked me. I won't report you because it's all pretty pathetic and childish but you aren't making your case any better by claiming I eat Cheeros and wasn't signed up to AI when the iPod Hi-Fi was announced.

You can be quite intense, and rub people the wrong way. I don't blame him, to some extent, though of course forum discipline may have to be enforced.
post #230 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post


Though you are about to get attacked by fanbois, you speak true. Many great companies grow complacent. Steve was never satisfied and that died with him.

 

You know that the last project that Steve was actively working on was this year's release of the iPhone?

"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
Reply
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
Reply
post #231 of 306
On the topic of seamlessness. Playing around with iOS6 I feel software-wise it's great. Hardware-wise, I'm not sure what I need except for an integrated Credit Card system (NFC etc). LTE, yes, but not super-critical due to the state of LTE. In any case the iPhone 5 will have LTE, very little doubt about that.

The thing that eggs me is the dual-glass bands on the back. Seems slightly hmm... Of course, the thinness is insane, take your iPhone 4/4S and imagine the phone is ~only as thick as the stainless steel band~. Pretty amazing. But what's the killer feature?
post #232 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by sennen View Post

You know that the last project that Steve was actively working on was this year's release of the iPhone?

You can see the transition very clearly though. We have iPhone 4S because Steve wanted to refine the iPhone 4 while waiting to really get the iPhone 5 ready. iPad Retina, definitely heavily influenced by Steve, probably in skunkworks for quite some time.

But Steve might not have been happy with the iPad Retina's thickness and weight being more than the iPad 2.

AppleTV3 and iBooks2, definitely something Steve was incubating for a while.

More recently, we see MacBook Pro Retina, OSX Mountain Lion and now iPhone 5, which definitely was thought through by Steve et al in much detail, but MBP Retina and iPhone 5 may lack a little of the final Touch Of Steve. iMacs have gone very, very long without a refresh.

So, I'm not saying Steve was all there was to Apple, but he said it before, "I'm a symbol (in a humble way)".

You see, Steve, the Symbol, was kind of like a beacon, a shared vision, whatever, but which really brought cohesiveness to Apple. Some of that will fade, until perhaps Scott Forstall becomes CEO in due time and then implement pure-neural-interfaces, holographic, etc.
post #233 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You made a bad argument to make iOS more like Mac OS by adding a magnified Dock that you run your finger over to choose an app. I dismantled the logics of your idea but instead of dealing with and thinking of a more plausible way to improve iOS you have instead attacked me. Not my ideas. Not my opinions. You attacked me. I won't report you because it's all pretty pathetic and childish but you aren't making your case any better by claiming I eat Cheeros and wasn't signed up to AI when the iPod Hi-Fi was announced.

You can be quite intense, and rub people the wrong way. I don't blame him, to some extent, though of course forum discipline may have to be enforced.

Correction, this is my 43rd post.

 

haha, this is a forum folks. If I must be disciplined then so be it. Don't do me any favors by not "reporting me", clearly I have a slightly more active life then trolling these forums and high-fiving myself when I reach my milestone of 50 posts. 

 

I made an argument to change the UI, then threw in an IDEA of a magnified dock. Maybe because as I type my replies I see my dock magnifying and simply have something to argue about. You, by the way you assume, question and act as if you are superior to many forum participants is frankly embarrassing. Once again, you are on a Mac forum. Cheers to you for being "the man" of the forum.

post #234 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid2020 View Post

Correction, this is my 43rd post.

haha, this is a forum folks. If I must be disciplined then so be it. Don't do me any favors by not "reporting me", clearly I have a slightly more active life then trolling these forums and high-fiving myself when I reach my milestone of 50 posts. 

I made an argument to change the UI, then threw in an IDEA of a magnified dock. Maybe because as I type my replies I see my dock magnifying and simply have something to argue about. You, by the way you assume, question and act as if you are superior to many forum participants is frankly embarrassing. Once again, you are on a Mac forum. Cheers to you for being "the man" of the forum.

Dude, I'm not SolipsismX. All I said was Solip pisses off people from time to time, myself included, so your response to him was understandable. But if people need to be reported, so be it, I have gotten into trouble myself. Of course, this is all just a forum so I don't take it too seriously.
post #235 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post
I dismantled the logics of your idea but instead of dealing with and thinking of a more plausible way to improve iOS you have instead attacked me. Not my ideas. Not my opinions. You attacked me. 

 

Pretty sure I did give you some logical ways of use my magnifying dock theory and referenced other formed mobile OSs to stress my point. Other then attacking other people posting and giving their valid opinion, I don't see you adding anything positive to this discussion. You aren't going out on a limb and making comments as I did. You simply pounced on my comment and began assuming, attacking and belittling my thought process because in your mind, nothing can be better then what you hold in your hand. Alright I may have attacked you, so be it. I'm sure you've had worse written about you on the internet. But you can't argue that I am that far off on my assumptions of you. So much so that other people are agreeing with me, Pal. 

post #236 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid2020 View Post

Ohh, that wasn't directed towards you. Again, 40 something posts... I don't know what the hell I'm doing when I press reply/quote/blah blah blah... I apologize for including you in my "attack". 

That's OK, now everyone just settle down. This new iPhone5 won't be out for a few months yet so save your energiez.
post #237 of 306

I have a hypothesis I want to share with you. It is still unknown whether Apple will announce iPad 4 this fall or in 2013. I think, if this new iPhone is real and has the new dock connector, then the refreshed iPad has to be released alongside this new iPhone. Otherwise Apple will have two connectors and it will damage the iPad sales, because people won't be buying a device with a deprecated docking port. What do you think?

post #238 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

While I don't think a mini is anywhere near "cool"- I do agree that a Porsche is the ultimate douche car. Bald, fat, and Middle aged- or douche- pick one.
So much better car could be bought for the money... And you don't look like a clown in the process. But alas- this is a tech forum- so I'm done with car talk. ;-)

Every time I hear someone generalize about a car in person, the statement is so tinged with jealousy it's obvious even to the casual listener. Usually made because the one making the comment can not afford one.

Also, I'm far from old and my friends and I call the Cooper Mini "The Clown Car."
post #239 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

This 'alleged' new iPhone simply looks like a slightly elongated version of the now 2-year-old iPhone 4/4S with a few tweaks here and there - Which is hardly anyhting remotely ground-breaking/innovative and it's beginning to appear that there's a certain degree of complacency in the Apple design deparment lately.

Time for Apple to start to 'Think Different' again.

Anyway... It'll likely sell well enough (merely because it's an Apple product), but it's becoming pretty obvious that the once creative arm of Apple is (seemingly) coming up very short on interesting ideas as of late (to include iOS 6), while competitors are truly advancing the state of mobile device technology/design.

Come on Cook, Ivy and Company... Surely there are still a few great (design) ideas left in you.

You're deriding Cook, Ive and company for a product they don't even make? A product that you don't even know they will EVER make? A product that may not even be close to the next iteration of the iPhone?

Huh?
post #240 of 306
And I'll add that comment I made to DaHarder to every other person who has read the article, seen the photos, and then commented that Apple is somehow doing something wrong when Apple hasn't ever mentioned ANYWHERE that the next iPhone is exactly like this, close to this, or even remotely like it!!!

Sigh....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Photos of alleged fully-assembled next-gen iPhone surface