or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › iMovie question

iMovie question

post #1 of 4

If I install the latest iMovie app, will that automatically delete my present iMovieHD 6.0.3 and, if so, can I then download it again without losing the new iMovie?  I would like to have them both on my iMac. Thanks in advance

See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
post #2 of 4

You know, I don't remember. I know that years ago you could redownload for free iMovie HD after upgrading to the new one, but you can no longer do that.

I recommend simply copying the iMovie HD application to somewhere else on your hard drive, upgrading to the new one, and then if iMovie HD in your Applications folder was deleted, simply move back the copy you made. 

I never use it anymore at all, but I still find it's nice to have, myself:

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
post #3 of 4

Thanks TS ... I see that iMovieHD is still available at Apple support if you do a search for iMovie HD 6.0.3 but I don't know if it will install along side of the new iMovie so I will take your suggestion. As far as moving iMovieHD to another location, would moving it to the desktop work and would I have to rename file to avoid confusion between both files? Thanks again. 

post #4 of 4

Actually, if I had taken the time to look at your graphic of your setup (I just noticed it)  I wouldn't have had to bother you .... Sorry, my bad.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › iMovie question