or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Third-Party Products › Printer recommendations

Printer recommendations

post #1 of 2

Help!

Our venerable HP 5740 Inkjet printer died (I had planned on going first) -- won't feed paper... and We're stuck with $200 worth of ink cartridges that won't run in newer models.

We just need a small footprint, light-duty, reliable, good quality color printer... some occasional pictures.

It appears that most of the printers available today are all-in-one devices -- printer. scanner, copier, fax, toaster, refrigerator... Oh, sorry Tim.

We already have a scanner that we seldom use (birth certs and recipes), so we don't need that, a copier or fax.

I am looking for recommendations... would even consider paying more for a color laser (or whatever) printer.

TIA

Dick

"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
post #2 of 2
well this going to sound like heresy round here given current trials and tribulations - Samsung, there I said it..Really they are making some great laser printers that are a snap to configure on a network. Fast, duplexing is a breeze and even work with idevices using the Samsung mobile print app, free dl. Even the cost of their consumables is cheaper than many of the established brands.
fwiw - I wouldn't go back to ink unless I needed wide format for some reason.

The ease of config compared to what I have put up with in the past from hp, canon, epson, Kyocera was in my experience fantastic.
ymmv but I think they're great and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
cheers
Edited by RobM - 8/8/12 at 6:45pm
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Third-Party Products
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Third-Party Products › Printer recommendations