or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple scrambles to keep Samsung from revealing confidential iPhone, iPad sales documents
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple scrambles to keep Samsung from revealing confidential iPhone, iPad sales documents - Page 2

post #41 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkndrublic View Post

"google" it

Cannot find anything that Samsung allegedly stole from Apple. There are some potential patent infringments, but that is not theft. Apple claims that Samsung is using Apple's trade and dress...again...that is not theft. So, tell me, what did Samsung allegedly steal from Apple?

post #42 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

... when someone here states that Samsung "stole" something they are wrong. ....

What part of the "if proven" in my original post did you have trouble translating?

post #43 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamewing View Post
There are some potential patent infringments, but that is not theft.

That just about says it all.

post #44 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrs View Post


... Apple sales still continue to break records, and Iphone continue to enjoy one of the most ludicrous profit margin of any hardware ever introduced in human history for 4 YEARS RUNNING. Since numbers don't lie, then Apple is lying.

 

the only ones who make that argument are mad they can't produce something and get that kind of margin.  If you think it is over priced, see ya.  Oh, and where does the $$$ come from for their data centers anyway?  And add in their whole new mapping service and associated back end services that go with it.

post #45 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No other company on the face of the planet in the history of human civilization has ever done this.

 

 

 

Apple has led the way with many firsts, why stop at tech?

post #46 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

That just about says it all.

Okay, play the stereotypical Jewish mother routine instead of actually answering questions. I have lived with friends' parents who played those games. All you can do is just walk away and shake your head.

post #47 of 88
I see plenty of astroturfing these days. Best to ignore the trolls. All they want is attention. We know they could give a shit less about Apple. lol.gif
post #48 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post


Don't even bother with Tallest Skil. His posts can be as bad as a 16 year old childs. He'll use vulgar language in a post, make fun of members and even threaten to ban them, if they don't agree with him.
In fact, he'll most likely delete this post and ban me. How this guy became a Moderator is beyond me. He's single handedly turning this site into a joke.

It seems like that is the case with several folks here as well, but at least they are not "Moderators"

post #49 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

My only question at this point is when we're going to ban you.

 

As a "Global Moderator", aren't you supposed to "moderate" more than just to take side, no? Or, perhaps the word "moderator" has spawn a new meaning to you? Interesting.

 

Anyhow, Apple asks for damages to the tune of 3.5 Billions from Samsung alleged copying of Iphones- interestingly enough, SJ once mentioned even if Apple was offered US 5 Billions, Apple would still go thermonuclear. So, it's a 'no' for 5 billion but a 'yes' to 3.5 billion? SJ must be rolling in his grave, angry that after his death, his opinion got discounted by 30 percent. Since Apple is playing a number game now, shouldn't Samsung be playing the same number game at its accuser?  You accuse us to have caused you 3.5 billion of damages? We will show you that your own numbers don't support your assertions about your alleged declining market and profit due to our alleged copying of your products.

 

Remember this, you, I and everyone else on this AI forum will not meet the criteria to become juries for this trial, and you know exactly the reason why. WE ARE ALL BIASED AND PREJUDICIAL about things Apple. Apple will have to PROVE BEYOND ANY REASONABLE DOUBT to the juries that their allegations are valid.

 

Any data or numbers that can seed doubts in the mind of juries will be detrimental to Apple's case. In this case, seeding the doubt about the validity of Apple assertions that Apple is indeed being irreparably damage by the defendant and the sum of 3.5 billion is reasonable is one of the main targets of the defense team.

 

 

 

 Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Take a gander at the high-end Android phones. Some have even higher margins.

Can you also entertain us on which high-end android phones actually have a higher margin than the soon to be obsolete Iphone 4S? The Iphone 4S costs about 200 bucks to make, according to some estimates, and you can add probably 50 bucks for logistics, advertisement, etc, so let's say the actual cost of Iphone 4S is USD 250. Iphone 4S is being sold on average of about USD 650 [previous month's price before the USD 50 price cut]. You can calculate and guesstimate how much Apple makes for each Iphone 4S they sold. It's mind boggling. I don't think anything in the world can come close to this per device profit margin, hovering around 50+%. The fact that the market is letting this kind of profit margin continue for so long would mean that something is not quite right with Apple profit equation. Sooner or later, people will want parts of it, be that the suppliers, the partners or even the end-users. This type of profit margin is not sustainable.


Edited by mcrs - 8/3/12 at 11:16am
post #50 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

Okay, play the stereotypical Jewish mother routine instead of actually answering questions. I have lived with friends' parents who played those games. All you can do is just walk away and shake your head.

I don't stereotype Jewish mothers.

 

What part of my question about "if proven" did you have trouble comprehending -- since you seem to be unable to "actually" answer questions?

 

/headshake

post #51 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I don't stereotype Jewish mothers.

 

What part of my question about "if proven" did you have trouble comprehending -- since you seem to be unable to "actually" answer questions?

 

/headshake

/alreadywalkedaway

 

But, for the record..."Don't post silly stuff. Copying/stealing is bad, and deserves to be punished. If proved. As it will be." is a statement, not a question, so there is nothing to answer.

post #52 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrs View Post

......


Can you also entertain us on which high-end android phones actually have a higher margin than the soon to be obsolete Iphone 4S? The Iphone 4S costs about 200 bucks to make, according to some estimates, and you can add probably 50 bucks for logistics, advertisement, etc, so let's say the actual cost of Iphone 4S is USD 250. Iphone 4S is being sold on average of about USD 650 [previous month's price before the USD 50 price cut]. You can calculate and guesstimate how much Apple makes for each Iphone 4S they sold. It's mind boggling. I don't think anything in the world can come close to this per device profit margin, hovering around 50+%. The fact that the market is letting this kind of profit margin continue for so long would mean that something is not quite right with Apple profit equation. Sooner or later, people will want parts of it, be that the suppliers, the partners or even the end-users. This type of profit margin is not sustainable.

 

the cost to make was a guesstimate based on component costs, now factor in research, backend services, warranty services, staff, office space, etc, and the cost goes up....

post #53 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

/alreadywalkedaway

I do so enjoy a conversation with 10-year olds. Don't get to do it often enough.....

 

Btw, "/alreadywalkedway" surely means that you're now back?

post #54 of 88

I want Samsung to release Apple's sales figures. Why?

 

Because I want Apple to release Samsung's numbers. Samsung loves to say "40 million smartphones sold" but they never break it down into how many of each type. They also never talk about the return rates for products not doing well (like their tablets)

 

This will end the debate one-and-for-all about how many of Samsung's "smartphone sales" are really those cheap phones still running Android 2.2 or 2.3 on those 240x320 little dinky screens and how many are higher-end models that would be comporable to the iPhone.

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply
post #55 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrs View Post

Anyhow, Apple asks for damages to the tune of 3.5 Billions from Samsung alleged copying of Iphones- interestingly enough, SJ once mentioned even if Apple was offered US 5 Billions, Apple would still go thermonuclear. So, it's a 'no' for 5 billion but a 'yes' to 3.5 billion? SJ must be rolling in his grave, angry that after his death, his opinion got discounted by 30 percent. Since Apple is playing a number game now, shouldn't Samsung be playing the same number game at its accuser?  You accuse us to have caused you 3.5 billion of damages? We will show you that your own numbers don't support your assertions about your alleged declining market and profit due to our alleged copying of your products.right with Apple profit equation. Sooner or later, people will want parts of it, be that the suppliers, the partners or even the end-users. This type of profit margin is not sustainable.

 

Another idiot to be blocked. My list is growing by leaps and bounds these days.

 

Why would I say that? Just re-reas what you said. Anyone that ignorant of what's going on doesn't have any business discussing the subject at hand.

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply
post #56 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

I want Samsung to release Apple's sales figures. Why?

 

Because I want Apple to release Samsung's numbers. Samsung loves to say "40 million smartphones sold" but they never break it down into how many of each type. They also never talk about the return rates for products not doing well (like their tablets)

 

This will end the debate one-and-for-all about how many of Samsung's "smartphone sales" are really those cheap phones still running Android 2.2 or 2.3 on those 240x320 little dinky screens and how many are higher-end models that would be comporable to the iPhone.

I concur. I am sure people will be shocked.

post #57 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

I want Samsung to release Apple's sales figures. Why?

 

Because I want Apple to release Samsung's numbers. Samsung loves to say "40 million smartphones sold" but they never break it down into how many of each type. They also never talk about the return rates for products not doing well (like their tablets)

 

This will end the debate one-and-for-all about how many of Samsung's "smartphone sales" are really those cheap phones still running Android 2.2 or 2.3 on those 240x320 little dinky screens and how many are higher-end models that would be comporable to the iPhone.

Sounds good, and if that is the case we can then see how Apple is magically coming up with a 2.5 billion dollar price tag. According to Apple they want a few bucks (per device) for the bounce, a few more bucks for the double-tap, but most is purely trade and dress BS. I am still trying to understand how the purchase of a Samsung smartphone is an automatic loss of a sale to Apple. Does Apple really thing they are the only go to guys if a customer doesn't buy a Samsung product?

post #58 of 88
Originally Posted by JerrySwitched26 View Post

I can only surmise that such a tone is both accepted and encouraged by the site's owners.

 

We hate repeat account trolls who spend their lives on websites they hate about products they hate made by companies they hate. Every site owner hates that. This isn't really anything special here.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #59 of 88
This was a rather dry and factual article written by DED. I didn't think he had it in him. ;-)

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #60 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

My only question at this point is when we're going to ban you.

Take a gander at the high-end Android phones. Some have even higher margins.

Which ones and for how long?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #61 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrs View Post


Remember this, you, I and everyone else on this AI forum will not meet the criteria to become juries for this trial, and you know exactly the reason why. WE ARE ALL BIASED AND PREJUDICIAL about things Apple. Apple will have to PROVE BEYOND ANY REASONABLE DOUBT to the juries that their allegations are valid.

You're wrong, "beyond a reasonable doubt" only pertains to criminal cases not civil.
Edited by dasanman69 - 8/3/12 at 1:34pm
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #62 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

My only question at this point is when we're going to ban you.

Take a gander at the high-end Android phones. Some have even higher margins.

Fandroid arguments flip flop by day or by post depending on whether they are trying to argue that Apple is successful & not the underdog or Apple is losing to ground to (insert competitor here). Or whether Apple is an innovator and should be forced to license its patents, or Apple is not an innovator and just copies everyone. The only thing consistent is the assumption that Apple is somehow always bad and anyone who disagrees with that position is a sheep.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #63 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

One point that I just cannot get past is that Apple is asking for basically all the profits from Samsung regarding these devices. So, how does Apple PROVE that for each sale Samsung made, Apple loses a sale at a 1:1 ratio?

Apple doesn't have to prove that. If they can prove infringement, the law permits them to be awarded all of the profit from the infringing product.

post #64 of 88
Originally Posted by chabig View Post
If they can prove infringement, the law permits them to be awarded all of the profit from the infringing product.

 

Crap, so like $100, then.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #65 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

My only question at this point is when we're going to ban you.

Take a gander at the high-end Android phones. Some have even higher margins.
So you as the Global Moderator are already planning to ban this guy for disagreeing with Apple's stance in the lawsuit? So is that the fate of anyone that disagrees with you and the forum?

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #66 of 88
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post
So you as the Global Moderator are already planning to ban this guy for disagreeing with Apple's stance in the lawsuit? So is that the fate of anyone that disagrees with you and the forum?

 

Nope. And nope.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #67 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrs View Post


It points that despite Apple's allegation that Samsung's copying Iphone and thus hurting Apple's market and its bottom line, Apple sales still continue to break records, and Iphone continue to enjoy one of the most ludicrous profit margin ...

 

i don't keep track of Apple sales figures because the precise numbers do not and will never interest me.  i do know, however, that Apple will make some profit from me when i purchase the next iPhone; my 3GS is getting old ;)

 

anyways, i'm far more keen to know why Apple objected to the release of sales data since they already do so, publicly, a few times every year.  if the sales data matches, i can't see the reason for Apple lawyers' objection

post #68 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Nope. And nope.
Then why make a statement like that saying you were going to ban him?

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #69 of 88

Like we DON'T know the majority of iphone sales are the older 3GS and iphone 4 models. Its the same as Android, the lower cost ones make the most money. 

 

Don't know why Apple thinks people do not already know this. AND. Why would it be a big deal? 

 

In other words, why do they care? We don't. And i don't see why a jury would either. 

post #70 of 88

i'd be happy if i could just download it to my imac.

 
post #71 of 88
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post
Then why make a statement like that saying you were going to ban him?

 

… 'Nope' in that that is not why he'd be banned.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #72 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Nope. And nope.

I will attest to that, Tallest and I have disagreed many times and I'm still here.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #73 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorOO7 View Post

Apple has stated on the record that they do not use market research, which has now been proven to be untrue (a lie).  They do use market research and now it has been brought out and will be used against them.

 

"Market research in the creation of a product" I think were the exact words, this is not the same as "Do not use market research".

 

Back to the drawing board with your foolish tripe.


Edited by hill60 - 8/3/12 at 2:13pm
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #74 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post

In fact, he'll most likely delete this post and ban me. How this guy became a Moderator is beyond me. He's single handedly turning this site into a joke.

 

It's been over 3 hours.

 

So when is this deletion and ban over your whiny, pointless post going to happen?

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #75 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrs View Post

 

Can you also entertain us on which high-end android phones actually have a higher margin than the soon to be obsolete Iphone 4S? The Iphone 4S costs about 200 bucks to make, according to some estimates, and you can add probably 50 bucks for logistics, advertisement, etc, so let's say the actual cost of Iphone 4S is USD 250. Iphone 4S is being sold on average of about USD 650 [previous month's price before the USD 50 price cut]. You can calculate and guesstimate how much Apple makes for each Iphone 4S they sold. It's mind boggling. I don't think anything in the world can come close to this per device profit margin, hovering around 50+%. The fact that the market is letting this kind of profit margin continue for so long would mean that something is not quite right with Apple profit equation. Sooner or later, people will want parts of it, be that the suppliers, the partners or even the end-users. This type of profit margin is not sustainable.

 

Well apart from Samsung not releasing this information, they have priced the Samsung Galaxy S 3 at exactly the same outright price points as iPhones.

 

Hey do you think Samsung charges themselves more for the components they make and also sell to other companies such as Apple?

 

I hope this data becomes available and wasn't "deleted after two weeks".

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #76 of 88
Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post
Don't even bother with Tallest Skil. His posts can be as bad as a 16 year old childs. He'll use vulgar language in a post, make fun of members and even threaten to ban them, if they don't agree with him.

 

Sorry you feel that way. In that I'm sorry that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. 


In fact, he'll most likely delete this post and ban me.

 

Yep. I'm certainly known for doing that. In fact, let me just leave that post up and you un-banned because of how you just "called me out" there.


Originally Posted by hill60 View Post
It's been over 3 hours.

 

So when is this deletion and ban over your whiny, pointless post going to happen?

 

Hey, he wants to live in fear, let him. I'll never do it, but if it makes him feel better… lol.gif

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #77 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post


Then why make a statement like that saying you were going to ban him?

Because it causes consternation for the intellectually challenged as they attempt to discern the magnitude of this threat to their very existence. And fandroids have no concept of humour.

 

Cheers

post #78 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by minicapt View Post

Because it causes consternation for the intellectually challenged as they attempt to discern the magnitude of this threat to their very existence. And fandroids have no concept of humour.

 

Cheers

More along the lines of just being a power hungry jerk who likes to flaunt his power and then laugh at people who react to his threats.

post #79 of 88
Originally Posted by lamewing View Post
More along the lines of just being a power hungry jerk who likes to flaunt his power and then laugh at people who react to his threats.

 

"Lawl." is about all I have to say to that.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #80 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkndrublic View Post

"google" it


Please dont ever take the LSAT.

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple scrambles to keep Samsung from revealing confidential iPhone, iPad sales documents
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple scrambles to keep Samsung from revealing confidential iPhone, iPad sales documents