or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › AT&T to join Verizon in offering shared data plans beginning August 23

AT&T to join Verizon in offering shared data plans beginning August 23 - Page 2

post #41 of 45

Not much benefit unless you are a high data user. Text is already free with  iMessage  and various Apps.  Unlimited phone good for those that truly use more phone then data which is not the majority.

Just another way for AT&T to raise prices without offering benefit to customers.

post #42 of 45
Ya tink it's time for a price fixing conspiracy?
post #43 of 45
Originally Posted by Rodent View Post
Ya tink it's time for a price fixing conspiracy?

If the text price raise from $0.05 to $0.10 back in aught four wasn't reason enough and the text price raise from $0.10 to $0.20 wasn't enough and the data price scamming since aught nine wasn't enough, nothing will be.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

post #44 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

You did catch me in one lie when I said in my last post that it would be my last, but since you are now calling me a liar I think I can make an exception. You bolded "SW Update". I addressed that by explaining Rev. B & DO Advanced are software updates. You know good and well you were trying to sound superior by saying Verizon and Sprint were somehow so backwards and inferior because they lacked simultaneous voice and data over 3G unlike your precious AT&T. Since you don't follow CDMA or EVDO news you didn't even know what 1X or DO Advanced were or that SVDO was even possible because otherwise you would not have made your original and very foolish remark. So I schooled you about what is possible. Here are some more initials for you to look up Mr. NPD and have a pleasant evening.  You are welcome for your lesson and good luck with your mission to kill more straw men. 

No, it's not. if it's just SW then show me a Sprint iPhone that now has simultaneousvoice and data just because the back end was updated. I know you're dense but to discount the handset as being included as part of the HW and SW that is needed to make a call and data work from a handset is just absolute jackassery or you trolling again.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #45 of 45

For those with a "corporate discount" (i.e. a FAN discount), I was told by AT&T that the discount WILL NOT apply to these shared data plans...

*bummer* 

13" MBP 2.53GHz C2D, 21.5" Alu iMac 3.06GHz C2D, 24" Alu iMac 2.8GHz C2D, 15" MBP 2.2GHz i7 (work)
AppleTV: 320GB, 2; TC 500GB; iPad 32GB; iPhone: 3G 8GB, 4 32GB; iPod: 30GB 5G, 80GB Classic, 2GB...

13" MBP 2.53GHz C2D, 21.5" Alu iMac 3.06GHz C2D, 24" Alu iMac 2.8GHz C2D, 15" MBP 2.2GHz i7 (work)
AppleTV: 320GB, 2; TC 500GB; iPad 32GB; iPhone: 3G 8GB, 4 32GB; iPod: 30GB 5G, 80GB Classic, 2GB...

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › AT&T to join Verizon in offering shared data plans beginning August 23