or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › lte

lte

post #1 of 7

i am contemplating buying either the new ipad 64 gig with lte OR the asus infinity tablet. However, the infinity tablet does not have lte at this time. i have read that asus is working with at&t to get lte. sounds like 2 months or so. idk. wait that long? or is this thing with asus like a carrot dangling? what do u guys think?

post #2 of 7

Why in the world would that even be a question? 

iPad all the way. Not only will the ASUS not be getting LTE in any sort of reasonable timeframe, you'll never get a software update for it, the hardware is subpar, and the software on it can't even scroll right.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.

post #3 of 7

Tallest, I do believe this post was made by an Asus shill, trying to publicize that the Asus is somehow comparable to the iPad and HEY! It'll have LTE in 2 months, what do you know!?

Usually you're better at spotting these things.

post #4 of 7
Originally Posted by tonton View Post
Tallest, I do believe this post was made by an Asus shill, trying to publicize that the Asus is somehow comparable to the iPad and HEY! It'll have LTE in 2 months, what do you know!?

Usually you're better at spotting these things.

I've been giving one-posters the benefit of the doubt recently. Trying to make myself less paranoid that everyone new is a troll.

It's not working. lol.gif Doesn't help that I keep being proven right, either.

But I think this guy's legit. People have genuine questions, too. He's just a regular man on the street seeing all these different confusing tablets and wants an honest opinion.

Edited by Tallest Skil - 8/7/12 at 9:34am

post #5 of 7

i am a regular person.

do u think asus is "dangling a carrot" with their "lte is coming" line?

thanks.

john

post #6 of 7
Originally Posted by jssihs View Post
do u think asus is "dangling a carrot" with their "lte is coming" line?

I most certainly do! Let's look at it this way:

Apple has the 3rd iPad out now, which does LTE. It's built right into the device, and you can buy it right now and use it.

Meanwhile, Asus is trying to not sell you what they have available now for the promise of something new eventually. If they don't even care about their available products, why would they care about their LTE product when it's finally released? They'll just be looking to the next one already.

post #7 of 7

i think asus is focusing on wifi only with the NOTION that lte is coming. however, there r those of us who want lte capability NOW. thanks tallest. :)

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › lte