or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Judge says Samsung's accusations that Apple doctored evidence "not credible"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Judge says Samsung's accusations that Apple doctored evidence "not credible" - Page 2

post #41 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

stock device photo from Samsung manual

She then pointed out that the photo depicted yesterday's date, prompting Samsung's attorney to admit that the photo had not been taken the day he had earlier stated.
LOL, I think that was just one nail to seal a Samdung loss in this battle - as should be. They should have to pay Apple big time and should also, finally, have their copycat phones and tablets banned around the world. End of story.

 
post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4machiavelli View Post

SAMSUNG

The thieving magpies of the electronics world.

 

SAMSUNG as a company has developed world class parts production, almost as good as the Chinese. But that is what they make... parts, with the occasional knock-off product. Sub-contractors always seem to think they invented everything and are responsible for the product's success. They would be a great manufacturing partner but they are just such clueless corporate dorks. SAMSUNG explaining and defending their corporate ways in front of a judge is profoundly embarrassing to everyone watching (with the exception of the Korean diaspora trolls). lol.gif

Except Samsung are only a mid-tier manufacturer, never have been a true innovator. Pretty much all the scientific R&D in Samsung products is done externally (i.e. like the chips Samsung assembles which are based on England's licensed ARM architecture). They only excel at a) copying (or trying to copy) true innovators like Apple, and b) aggressively marketing those inferior copies no matter what the cost—they have no shame about this.

post #43 of 50

Is it possible the picture was taken in Korea and digitally sent to the Samsung legal team in the U.S.? Maybe Samsung's lawyer merely forgot to take the time and date difference (as a result of crossing the International Date Line) into account when saying which "day" the photo was taken. Certainly an error which an experienced lawyer should have caught. But intentional mis-fabrication of evidence? Maybe not.

 

But the bigger screw-up was Samsung's lawyer opening the door for introduction of the "crisis of design" memo into evidence before the jury. 

 

I have a feeling this guy won't be trying any more Samsung patent cases...especially if "crisis of design" proves to be a turning point in a high-profile loss. And if that exchange about the phone's date and the judge's rebuke played out in open court in the jury's presence, it'll have an impact on how truthful Samsung is perceived to be concerning their contention that they didn't intentionally copy the iPhone look and feel.

post #44 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

Except Samsung are only a mid-tier manufacturer, never have been a true innovator. Pretty much all the scientific R&D in Samsung products is done externally (i.e. like the chips Samsung assembles which are based on England's licensed ARM architecture). They only excel at a) copying (or trying to copy) true innovators like Apple, and b) aggressively marketing those inferior copies no matter what the cost—they have no shame about this.

Sadly, what you say is true already for a long time. Obviously it needs a strong arm like Apple to slow the copyists at Samesung down.

I just hope they succeed!!

post #45 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post

Dang, this judge throws out any evidence that might show Apple in a bad light. Amazing. Looking more and more like a biased judge.

Judge Koh was biased for Apple before this case even started and she's making it blatantly obvious.  With a little research into her career history, you’ll see that see worked for a California law firm called Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati which is the same law firm that represents Apple.

 

Samsung knows they don’t have a chance to win this court case with a bias judge cherry picking the evidence.

The questionable history of Koh guaranties Samsung will get an appeal and pretty much makes this entire case nothing more than a dog & pony show.  At this point in time, it looks like Samsung is trying to use this dog & pony show as court room practice and to lower public opinion of Apple and increase their own.

post #46 of 50
Originally Posted by Chrispoe View Post
Judge Koh was biased for Apple before this case even started and she's making it blatantly obvious.  With a little research into her career history, you’ll see that see worked for a California law firm called Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati which is the same law firm that represents Apple.

 

And if that in any way affected her ability to judge this dispassionately, she wouldn't have been the one presiding.

 

Samsung knows they don’t have a chance to win this court case with a bias judge cherry picking the evidence.

 

I gotta keep up with the Anti-Apple Brigade… so instead of copy/pasting "rectangles", "monopoly", and "innovate", they're now copy/pasting "cherry picking" when they again don't have a frigging clue what they're talking about… 

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #47 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispoe View Post
Judge Koh was biased for Apple before this case even started and she's making it blatantly obvious.  With a little research into her career history, you’ll see that see worked for a California law firm called Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati which is the same law firm that represents Apple.

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil

And if that in any way affected her ability to judge this dispassionately, she wouldn't have been the one presiding.

 

Maybe in an ideal world that would be true , but from the looks of it I'd have to say this doesn't seem to be the case.

 

 

Quote:
they're now copy/pasting "cherry picking" when they again don't have a frigging clue what they're talking about…

 

 that doesn't even make sense and sounds like a far fetched comment.

post #48 of 50
Originally Posted by Chrispoe View Post

…that doesn't even make sense and sounds like a far fetched comment.

 

Have you not been reading the forums lately? You've not noticed how everyone against Apple seems to be using the same words in the same arguments?

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #49 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Have you not been reading the forums lately? You've not noticed how everyone against Apple seems to be using the same words in the same arguments?

 

I've been reading this forum less and less because the quality of the material/posts have been going down hill for some time now.

post #50 of 50
Originally Posted by Chrispoe View Post
I've been reading this forum less and less because the quality of the material/posts have been going down hill for some time now.

 

I think we're on the verge of fixing that. Stay tuned, if you feel so.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Judge says Samsung's accusations that Apple doctored evidence "not credible"
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Judge says Samsung's accusations that Apple doctored evidence "not credible"