or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › iMac G5 Model A1144 1.9 GHz - Hard Drive Replacement

iMac G5 Model A1144 1.9 GHz - Hard Drive Replacement

post #1 of 4

Will this SATA-600 work in it? Or do I need to buy additional connectors, etc.?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004DMFAJ2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A3K5HHD3KZXXBZ

Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #2 of 4

Anyone?

post #3 of 4

What is SATA-600? Is that just another name for SATA III? 

It should work fine in your iMac, but will run at SATA I (150, is it called?) speeds. 

All SATA are pin-compatible, both forward and backward, but no drive will run faster than the port to which it's connected, and vice versa. So if the computer has a SATA II port, it'll only run SATA III drives at half speed and SATA I drives at full (not double) speed.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

What is SATA-600? Is that just another name for SATA III? 

It should work fine in your iMac, but will run at SATA I (150, is it called?) speeds. 

All SATA are pin-compatible, both forward and backward, but no drive will run faster than the port to which it's connected, and vice versa. So if the computer has a SATA II port, it'll only run SATA III drives at half speed and SATA I drives at full (not double) speed.

It's not my computer, but thanks for clearing that up.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › iMac G5 Model A1144 1.9 GHz - Hard Drive Replacement