or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung attorney argued in court without proper license to practice

Samsung attorney argued in court without proper license to practice - Page 2

post #41 of 105

it's obvious the Law has an Apple bias.

post #42 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

"Koh got the I-phone 5 early in exchange for making Samsung look like idiots! Bias!"

Do you think Samsung's Lawyers got one too?

post #43 of 105
Quote:

You can zip it!

Unless it's over 5MB… 

I don't have permission to insert attachments.

"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
post #44 of 105

This must be some sort of ground-breaking legal strategy. I refuse to believe that a company of this size is making such a dog's dinner of this .... No I'm sure this is some sort of ploy.

But just in case it isn't ...

post #45 of 105
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post
I don't have permission to insert attachments.

Hmm… Darn Huddler. 

Of this, what do you see?

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

post #46 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGuide View Post

At this rate, Apple just needs to show up in court every day and let the defendant present first.

I wonder if I can trade my tickets to the comedy club tonight for tickets to the baseball game? I've had enough laughs for today.

Actually tickets are hard to come by. You know those lines outside of Apple stores? This is the line outside the Court House, no kidding!! Samscum needs to get a shill out there to brag about the latest phone the size of a loaf of bread.

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #47 of 105

post #48 of 105
Quote:

Hmm… Darn Huddler. 

Of this, what do you see?

All of it.  When I click the paper clip, I get a dialog that says:  "You don't have permissions to create attachments."

post #49 of 105
All of it.  When I click the paper clip, I get a dialog that says:  "You don't have permissions to create attachments."

That's crap. That'd be like showing all users the "ban user" button and then letting them click it as an exercise in futility. 

post #50 of 105

Susan Estrich?! Susan Estrich?! The person who single-handedly cost Dukakis the US Presidential election.... er.... other than Dukakis himself?

LOL. This is just priceless.

Damn.....Now, this is actually beginning to make me feel bad for Samsung.... even they don't deserve Susan Estrich.lol.gif

post #51 of 105
Quote:

That's crap. That'd be like showing all users the "ban user" button and then letting them click it as an exercise in futility. 

Well... It's an m4p file anyway... In the good old days, I'd just put it on my mobileme site, then post a link to AI... Now, I can't do either...  and the latest GarageBand doesn't accept an m4p file as input so I can't even extract a portion...  I  did find an m4a copy that I made into a ring tone, though!

post #52 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Susan Estrich?! Susan Estrich?! The person who single-handedly cost Dukakis the US Presidential election.... er.... other than Dukakis himself?

Damn.....Now, this is actually beginning to make me feel bad for Samsung.... even they don't deserve Susan Estrich.lol.gif

I cringe when I hear her voice. It reminds me why I quit smoking a few years ago. I can't imagine it's any more pleasant to hear in person as a juror. 

melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #53 of 105

Susan Estrich . . . the Carol Channing of the courtroom!  (Makes sense if you've ever heard her speak.)

post #54 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRCx View Post

lol, it makes me wonder when this whole spectacle will just be over.

Darn, actually, I am going to miss it when it's over.

post #55 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slang4Art View Post

Could this potentially be grounds for a mistrial or make appeals easier for Samsung since their lawyer breached the law?

I doubt it. It sounds like a procedural issue, although she or the legal team could be sanctioned over the (cough) "omission" (cough)

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #56 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Actually tickets are hard to come by. You know those lines outside of Apple stores? This is the line outside the Court House, no kidding!! Samscum needs to get a shill out there to brag about the latest phone the size of a loaf of bread.

Sad fact: That line isn't for Samsung.

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #57 of 105
Quote:

Ahh.. Thunder And Blazes... Hum along with me now...

Dat, Dada Dah!  Dat, Dada Dah.... Dat, dada dahdah dadah dadah;  Dat, dada dahdah dadah dadah....

I have the music -- just no way to post it to AI, anymore :(

Well, there is one way:-

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #58 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

it's obvious the Law has an Apple bias.

So does the rest of the universe.

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #59 of 105

Forget those Jobs movies that are in the works, this court case can make a lot more money. It would make a perfect comedy with someone playing the ghost of Steve Jobs wandering around the court room invisible to all and making classic Steve Jobs observations. 

post #60 of 105
Quote:

Estrich didn't don an army helmet and poke his head out the top of a tank... Creating an indelible image of ridicule... Even decades later, Ally McBeal was making jokes about "helmet head" when referring to a specific male body part.

post #61 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Well, there is one way:-

Educate me... PM if necessary! I have made some great ring tones...

I don't know why AI inserted all the blank space???

post #62 of 105

What is the big difference between the Northern california district and the Central district of California?  Aside from the beaches, of course!  This reminds me that Susan wrote a book about Ann Coulter not too long ago: 

Soulless: Ann Coulter and the Right-Wing Church of Hate.   Anyone read this?  Cowabunga!!!!

post #63 of 105

Does anyone else see this trial as the demise to Samsung? I sure hope the other manufactures who depend on Samsung for OEM parts are watching this trial and thinking that maybe they're not the right company for their gadget/device/phone/tablet/TV/computer/etc.

post #64 of 105
Quote:

I also get the same message, this on my MBP, not tried iPad yet.
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
post #65 of 105

Just pretend this was deleted. 

post #66 of 105

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Or a guy dressed as a peanut being crushed to death by an Elephant. 

Ah poor Chuckles the clown :( 

post #67 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredumb View Post

Uh...I don't get it...couldn't she just copy someone else's license???

boredumb, you owe me another keyboard. I just ruined this one by laughing so hard that I dropped my drink. ;)

Tip of the hat to you, my friend.

post #68 of 105
Quote:

Estrich didn't don an army helmet and poke his head out the top of a tank... Creating an indelible image of ridicule... Even decades later, Ally McBeal was making jokes about "helmet head" when referring to a specific male body part.

True, hence my reference to Dukakis himself in my original post. :-)

Although, as his chief campaign manager (or some such thing), one has to believe that his tank-helmet-poke phot-op got a thumbs-up from Ms. Estrich, no?
post #69 of 105
Quote:

Educate me... PM if necessary! I have made some great ring tones...
I don't know why AI inserted all the blank space???

It's a link to a YouTube clip which I added using the icon between the picture and the paperclip icons that looks like a small strip of film.

If it's blank space maybe click to flash or something is blocking it although it shows on my MacBook as HTML 5...

...and not on my iPhone at all, hmmm got me beat, something to do with this site I suppose.

Although the Buster Keaton boxing one works.

Now I'm editing on my iPhone, I'll just paste the link.

http-youtube-zjedLeVGcfE
Edited by hill60 - 8/10/12 at 7:22pm
post #70 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Two giant corporations with more money than they know what to do with. What did you expect anyway?

Don't throw Apple into this. Their legal team has looked extremely prepared. Although, it helps considerably when all those pesky facts tend to lean in your direction!

post #71 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

I couldn't help but chuckle a little bit. If Samsung wins this case, I'll be very surprised.  Not much going right so far...

Yes, poor Samsung...

Their arguments don't have enough testosterone,

and their legal team has too much Estrichen.

post #72 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69ergoo View Post

Samsung, a company full of lies and corruption. What can we expect? By the way, did you all see the Samsung copycat video on Conan O'Brien Show? It's really funny. 

Are you serious? Every company lies and has corruption. Even your precious Apple. Just because you don't get caught that doesn't make it right.

post #73 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

Does anyone else see this trial as the demise to Samsung? I sure hope the other manufactures who depend on Samsung for OEM parts are watching this trial and thinking that maybe they're not the right company for their gadget/device/phone/tablet/TV/computer/etc.

No most that will happen is a fine. Probably in the millions. Samsung does look guilty but I think the fine will be about 250million give or take a few million.

post #74 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

lol, not quite. Samsung is a gigantic corporation. Stock value wise Apple may be bigger, but Samsung is far more diversified and established. If Samsungs entire phone division disappeared it would be a blow, but not exactly a staggering one. That being said, this case will likely amount to little more than a couple hundred million in fines, a drop in the bucket for both of these juggernauts.

post #75 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by pragmatous View Post

Are you serious? Every company lies and has corruption. Even your precious Apple. Just because you don't get caught that doesn't make it right.

So it's alright for us to assume you could be a corrupt person too, but just didn't get caught?

post #76 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckVader View Post

lol, not quite. Samsung is a gigantic corporation. Stock value wise Apple may be bigger, but Samsung is far more diversified and established. If Samsungs entire phone division disappeared it would be a blow, but not exactly a staggering one. That being said, this case will likely amount to little more than a couple hundred million in fines, a drop in the bucket for both of these juggernauts.

It won't be the size of the judgment that matters in the least for Samsung if it loses.

post #77 of 105
Quote:

I like that idea! Even though futile, it would still be a fun exercise - kind of like yelling at the television! Can we have it? Pretty please!

We've always been at war with Eastasia...

post #78 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntercr View Post

boredumb, you owe me another keyboard. I just ruined this one by laughing so hard that I dropped my drink. 1wink.gif
Keyboard? Hell! What about the beverage! Get your priorities in order.

post #79 of 105
Quote:

It won't be the size of the judgment that matters in the least for Samsung if it loses.

hate to break it to you but size matters :p

For both of tbese companies this is business as usual. Only apple and android fanbases really have a non-fiscal stake in these proceedings.  Furthermore, regardless of outcome, both companies will continue on their way. Samsung and other OEMs copying of Apple designs was a backlash from Apple's introduction of a revolutionary phone design that changed how we use phones. Each company has since gone its own way in terms of design and this case is about little more than Apple being a competent business. In the end they will still contract Samsung to make their processors and life will go on.

post #80 of 105
What is it with Samsung and chronic failure to obtain licensing?

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung attorney argued in court without proper license to practice