or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Feel like committing suicide.

Feel like committing suicide.

post #1 of 16

Hi I have ADD and dyspraxia and I get marks lower then my "potential" as some teachers say, the only thing that I can do well is fix and build computers,I even read young adult novels I enjoy reading but I also take a medicine to enhance my concentration it works and I have been getting better marks then normal but this medicine is killing me, I can't go to sleep so then when I get up in the morning I feel sick and woozy. It also gets rid of my appetite so I don't eat much, that also makes me weaker.

What can I do? I just feel that dying is better then having to live in this sleep deprived hell!

post #2 of 16

Chin up!  Surround yourself with your friends and don't sweat the details.  

Would like to say it gets better, but that is a lie.  As you get older though your perspective changes and you realise the things which you thought were important were not even close.  Trust me, the planet is full of people who never live up to there potential, and there are also people who do poorly at school who go on to be world leaders. 

Honestly talk to someone in person as the internet is a heartless bastard.  Without knowing the specifics of the meds you are on, talk to a professional to see if you can find a better solution so you don't feel so washed out.

The devils that drive us do not discriminate
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega View Post

Chin up!  Surround yourself with your friends and don't sweat the details.  

Would like to say it gets better, but that is a lie.  As you get older though your perspective changes and you realise the things which you thought were important were not even close.  Trust me, the planet is full of people who never live up to there potential, and there are also people who do poorly at school who go on to be world leaders. 

Honestly talk to someone in person as the internet is a heartless bastard.  Without knowing the specifics of the meds you are on, talk to a professional to see if you can find a better solution so you don't feel so washed out.
I appreciate this I really do, it's just indescribable to put it into words on how badly this affecting me. the only thing stopping me from ending this is by my friends telling me to stop thinking negatively whether or not this is good advice I don't know.
post #4 of 16

It is fine to think negative, as I would say this is indicative of the world we live in.  We all grow up with high expectations of what I lives are going to be and the majority of us will never even get close to it.  I was meant to be a millionaire and retired by now, yet I can't even afford to drive a car.

Just remember you are not alone in this - talk to your friends and family; and if the drugs are affecting as badly as you say then your doctor.  Are better grades worth what you are going through?  Find a solution.

post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega View Post

It is fine to think negative, as I would say this is indicative of the world we live in.  We all grow up with high expectations of what I lives are going to be and the majority of us will never even get close to it.  I was meant to be a millionaire and retired by now, yet I can't even afford to drive a car.

Just remember you are not alone in this - talk to your friends and family; and if the drugs are affecting as badly as you say then your doctor.  Are better grades worth what you are going through?  Find a solution.

Thank you you helped me and I will be talking to friends and will stop that dreadful medicine.

post #6 of 16

Sweet.

Just remember you are not alone.  Plenty of people feel the way you do; may not have the same circumstances but still feel like there is no other solution.

Remember family and friends.  If something is not working then talk to people to find something better.  Don't rely on the net - too many keyboard warriors! 

EDIT:  Also, I am by far not an expert and am very removed from your circumstances, so listen to you the people around you more than anything I have said.  

post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbook pro i5 View Post

Hi I have ADD and dyspraxia and I get marks lower then my "potential" as some teachers say, the only thing that I can do well is fix and build computers,I even read young adult novels I enjoy reading but I also take a medicine to enhance my concentration it works and I have been getting better marks then normal but this medicine is killing me, I can't go to sleep so then when I get up in the morning I feel sick and woozy. It also gets rid of my appetite so I don't eat much, that also makes me weaker.

What can I do? I just feel that dying is better then having to live in this sleep deprived hell!

Hi firstly you have to understand the medication, what it is supposed to do, then adjust the medication which works best for you. Took me 5 years.

Secondly, everything else about achievement/ studying/ etc. is secondary. First you must target the stress and anxiety.

1. Eat better
2. Make sure your doctor+psychiatrist is doing what works for YOU. If not, find someone else
3. Talk to your family about your life pressures. Maybe you can do less subjects, etc. There's no race to finish school/college
4. Start to explore the core issues that you are facing ~ is it worry about the future? girlfriend? boyfriend? family? etc.
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbook pro i5 View Post

Thank you you helped me and I will be talking to friends and will stop that dreadful medicine.

Some of your feelings can be because of the medicine. Risperdal was absolutely horrible for me. Seroquel was useful but I was "out of it" for a good 5 years. With SeroquelXR, this past year I have got my life back.

So follow the steps I mentioned above and start to sort out what's happening. It ~can~ get better. I actually shouldn't be alive typing this. But somehow I am. It can get better. No guarantees, but certainly it is possible.
post #9 of 16

You are not alone, but you know what I did... I just myself really busy and forget that suicide. I know it won't do good to me. I am trying to make negative around me positive. Deep inside I am full worries and sadness. But life must go on... Anyways, we gonna all die. We just have to wait. :)

post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatusmiles View Post

You are not alone, but you know what I did... I just myself really busy and forget that suicide. I know it won't do good to me. I am trying to make negative around me positive. Deep inside I am full worries and sadness. But life must go on... Anyways, we gonna all die. We just have to wait. 1smile.gif

The important thing to realise is that anxiety and depression is not like osteoporosis (bone degeneration) but cancer.

It is not yourself that gets worse, you are still yourself but there is a layer of depression and anxiety that prevents you from being a "normal" self.

Part of the worry and sadness of anxiety and depression is that you are "losing" something you will never get back.

Now I think we never "lose" ourselves, anxiety and depression is just "something else" (I don't mean the "devil" or what not) that we are burdened with.

I shouldn't be alive now typing this. But I am. It can get better.
post #11 of 16

Well Ive joined a gym it helps me forget everything bad,My punching bag is also there to calm me down this coping strategy is good.

post #12 of 16

Good for you.

post #13 of 16
Yes. I have just come out of living in a Cult called Islam called Malaysia. It is like colours are brighter and the air fresher. Here in Australia.

IT CAN GET BETTER.
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

The important thing to realise is that anxiety and depression is not like osteoporosis (bone degeneration) but cancer.
It is not yourself that gets worse, you are still yourself but there is a layer of depression and anxiety that prevents you from being a "normal" self.
Part of the worry and sadness of anxiety and depression is that you are "losing" something you will never get back.
Now I think we never "lose" ourselves, anxiety and depression is just "something else" (I don't mean the "devil" or what not) that we are burdened with.
I shouldn't be alive now typing this. But I am. It can get better.

Thanks.... :)

post #15 of 16

Are you still alive?  Maybe that's in bad taste, but just checking.  If someone from the internet who you've never met cares about you (which is the case) maybe your life isn't so pointless.

Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Are you still alive?  Maybe that's in bad taste, but just checking.  If someone from the internet who you've never met cares about you (which is the case) maybe your life isn't so pointless.

before, i live because someone i met in net told me to keep going and make me happy... Though, i haven't meet him personally

Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Feel like committing suicide.