or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Third-Party Products › eharmony

eharmony

post #1 of 8

has anyone else noticed that apple, by refusing to allow third party apps such as eharmony, to return fraudulently obtained funds not only participates but perpetuates more fraud?

post #2 of 8

What funds would be fraudulently obtained through eHarmony, and what does this have to do with Apple?

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #3 of 8
Eharmony collects funds through Apple. When and if they decline service they claim they cannot refund because of their contract with Apple. This is if you apply through an Apple app. Apple then turns around and says they cannot refund the money they collected because it is a eharmony issue. Pretty neat scam. So much for Apple's vaunted ethics. I guess I should no that they are only in it for the money, no matter how they get it. Personally I'd like to find a couple others to start a class action suit. This behavior is not just unethical, I believe it is illegal and needs to be dealt with as such.
post #4 of 8

I don’t think this is Apple’s plan (they make their money via a good customer experience, and a few bucks earned from ruining that is not helping them). But it IS a problem, and a flaw in their system, and I see your point!

I suspect eHarmony may be playing some games of their own, though, and hiding behind Apple. The App Store itself has no built-in IAP refund process (just individual exceptions made surprisingly often by Apple's customer service). That much is true. But does Apple really make eHarmony promise they won’t simple mail you a check (or even some kind of credit) by ANY other means? Is there no way around it? Or does eHarmony just not want a way around it? I don’t know that answer, just wondering.

Online dating sites are often the targets of class action suits and probably deserve one more! But they make enough money to take their lumps and keep on raking in the dough.

post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Stolpa View Post

has anyone else noticed that apple, by refusing to allow third party apps such as eharmony, to return fraudulently obtained funds not only participates but perpetuates more fraud?

Perhaps you need to read the terms of use. Eharmony is very clear that there are no refunds whether you cancel or are kicked out. Same terms give them the right to boot your ass. 

and Apple is very clear that all sales are final.

so how exactly were those funds 'fraudulently obtained' given that you put in your password etc. if you didn't protect your password that's not Apples fault.

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

post #6 of 8

My status at the time was "separated". They took and continued to take my money while, at the same time, refusing me any access because I was just "separated". Pick one or the other but if I am not elegable for services then tell me and don't charge me. To charge me while being aware that I do not fit your criteria for membership is fraud. Period.

post #7 of 8

I sympathasise with your situation.

Your issue is with eHarmony though, not with Apple.

I dunno, have they got forums ?

post #8 of 8

Read everything in plain sight before you join these dating services.Stop blaming Apple .

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Third-Party Products
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Third-Party Products › eharmony