or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Legitimate accomplishments of politicians you don't support

Legitimate accomplishments of politicians you don't support

post #1 of 4

I think it's very important that everyone has access to healthcare.  I view it as a universal human right--any society that deems itself civilized must respect that.  Mitt Romney went a long way to help that cause when he was governor of Massachusetts.  I wish it cut out the insurance middlemen, but it was an excellent step in the right direction.

I urge everyone in this thread to remain sincere and leave the snark at the door.  I invite SDW, particularly, to come in here and write about one thing President Obama has done or tried to do that SDW supports.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I think it's very important that everyone has access to healthcare.  I view it as a universal human right--any society that deems itself civilized must respect that.

I see. And are you implying that because you think this and have this, we should do whatever is necessary to achieve it?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #3 of 4

But the word "accomplishment" is subjective, is it not?

For instance, I don't believe declaring a product/service to be a "right" and then paying for it with money taken from other people under threat of violence is an accomplishment to be lauded.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #4 of 4

I'll be happy to participate.  However, I do expect you to actually make a case for Obama's reelection in the other thread.  

Obama Accomplishments: 

1) Making Work Pay Credit

2) Killing Osama bin Laden 

That's about it.  There are arguably a few others, though none come to mind at the moment.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Legitimate accomplishments of politicians you don't support