or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Judge loses temper, hits Apple counsel with 'smoking crack' remark
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Judge loses temper, hits Apple counsel with 'smoking crack' remark

post #1 of 76
Thread Starter 
After Samsung wrapped up its case on Thursday, an obviously frustrated Judge Lucy Koh jibed Apple counsel when presented with 75 pages worth of briefings for its last remaining witnesses, alluding that the lawyer was "smoking crack" with the long list of 22 people.

U.S. District Court Judge Lucy Koh's outburst was directed at Apple lawyer Bill Lee, who named 22 people he plans to call to the stand to counter testimony from Samsung's expert witnesses, according to in-court reports from CNet.

Tempers were running high as Apple has only six and a half hours of argument time left of its allotted 25, calling into question the feasibility of presenting 22 new witnesses. Samsung has only one hour remaining.

"I mean come on. 75 pages! 75 pages! You want me to do an order on 75 pages," Judge Koh asked, raising her voice. "Unless you're smoking crack, you know these witnesses aren't going to be called when you have less than four hours."

Apple's counsel replied, "Your honor, I can assure you, I'm not smoking crack," and went on to say that he believes the 22 witnesses could be called in the time available.

"If it turns out I went through 75 pages for people who are not going to be called, I am going to think of a proper tax for that," Judge Koh said.

The "tax" could come in the way of time cuts to the two hours each party gets for closing arguments, which are currently slated for Tuesday. The judge has already threatened to lop off time if counsel continues to bombard her with paperwork.

Judge Lucy Koh
U.S. District Court Judge Lucy Koh.
Source: U.S. District Court


On Wednesday, Samsung lawyers warned they would produce pages worth of objections if Apple didn't cut down its proposed witness list. Judge Koh pointed out she was trying to keep the case on track, but her "rag tag" team simply couldn't keep up with the parties' "legion of lawyers."
post #2 of 76
She should take a chill-pill...
post #3 of 76

As soon as I heard about her saying that, I knew it would be the only thing people picked up on the whole day.

 

Reporting is a lost art.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #4 of 76

^^

 

LOL What? Koh may be PMS'ing a bit, but this guy needs to take his meds.

post #5 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by majjo View Post

22 witnesses with 6.5 hours left works out to a bit under 18 minutes per witness. I guess they can feasibility do it.
It does seem a bit excessive tbh.

 

I agree. It doesn't seem like the best strategy. Are all 22 *really* needed? Can't pick the best of the 22 and use them? I'm guessing they aren't going to make it and then they'll be punished instead.

 

So instead of the Samsung side taking the majority of her wrath, they've now set themselves up to take a good bit of it and right at the end of the trial. Brilliant!

post #6 of 76

I see what you did there.

 

Judge Lucy Koh -> Kohrea.

 

Clever, but misspelt. You're going to have to work harder for a conspiracy than that! Other people fold dollar bills, find curious numerological traits, follow co-ordinates and so on. What do you do? You mis-spell a name.

 

Tsk!

 

(My personal favourite bit: 'SHE CANNOT TALK LIKE THAT'. Just needs mad interrobangs to really firm up the madness...)

post #7 of 76
Removed my post. The post I quoted was deleted by mods. Pointless post is pointless.
Edited by WelshDog - 8/17/12 at 12:27pm
post #8 of 76

Agreed, can't we clean up these trash posts? Libel + caps + giant font really seems unnecessary.

post #9 of 76
You have to give her some credit for lasting this long. Posner would have thrown the case out before it even got started.
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
post #10 of 76
Yes  you because you made a post that could have been 1/3 size, but you waste our time with your bull!
Edit: Thank you Takeshima posts have been removed
Edited by souliisoul - 8/16/12 at 4:29pm
post #11 of 76

Wow. Koh.

 

Poor woman, though. I mean, really. If you had 75 pages worth of nonsense (meaning something difficult for us as average citizens to understand) and on top of that you already read hundreds of pages of paper... it's a lot.

 

I'm a Korean myself, and I hope Koh is not being biased. I'm an Apple fanboy, so... but still. Whatever the case is, I just hope it's fair.

post #12 of 76

Samscum? now that is some of funny stuff...like Cream of Sumyungguy.

 

And, also, it wasn't just crack, it was Apple flavored rainbow white china from Shenzhen, the good stuff!

post #13 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnfetteredMind View Post

I agree. It doesn't seem like the best strategy. Are all 22 *really* needed? Can't pick the best of the 22 and use them? I'm guessing they aren't going to make it and then they'll be punished instead.

So instead of the Samsung side taking the majority of her wrath, they've now set themselves up to take a good bit of it and right at the end of the trial. Brilliant!

Maybe they'll sing in chorus and turn the trial into a musical. That should wrap it up in a jiffy.
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
post #14 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshima View Post



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_H._Koh

thank you for posting the link to her bio. it clearly supports your position. especially the part about the bribes and her being a cockroach.

... what would margaret cho say?
"Personally, I would like nothing more than to thoroughly proof each and every word of my articles before posting. But I can't."

appleinsider's mike campbell, august 15, 2013
Reply
"Personally, I would like nothing more than to thoroughly proof each and every word of my articles before posting. But I can't."

appleinsider's mike campbell, august 15, 2013
Reply
post #15 of 76

Why we don't have this court case on TV? Imagine it! A reality court show for Apple and Android fans. How much money could Hollywood be making right now with all of us watching this, either live or recorded. It would feel like a soap opera for geeks -myself included of course lol.gif-.

post #16 of 76
Why was this never filmed?

It would have been awesome to download from iTunes and watch the whole thing...

(>_<)

(Edit: Rumpels beat me!)
post #17 of 76

This judge's comments raise important questions. One is many judge's see the courtroom in which they preside as "their" courtroom and their little fiefdom to control. The second problem might be based on failure of education. Lawyers, which also then may become judges, simply are poorly educated. Sure, they are have degrees in history, English, political science, etc. All very soft. 

 

My guess is that far less than 1% of all judges and attorneys have any mathematical or scientific education or understanding, if any, likely only at the bachelor's degree level. The exception might be those attorney's involved with patent law. 

 

What about computer science and programming? It would be useful to have attorney's and judges with such knowledge but knowledge here is not of the same nature as hard sciences. Simply put, attorneys and judges are not typically qualified to consider matters involving mathematical and scientific issues. 

post #18 of 76

Samsung lawyer literally begging the Judge to include evidence that had been reviewed three times earlier and was denied. "Quinn kicked off the day with an impassioned plea to allow the evidence, saying he had never begged a court for anything throughout a more than 30-year legal career but was begging now. Koh was unmoved, saying the court had reviewed the issue at least three times and denied Samsung's request." Then, afterwards, Samsung released the evidence in question anyway, which was a deposition in which an Apple designer says he was told to "create a phone inspired by Sony's designs.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/10831/20120816/apple-vs-samsung-patent-trial-end-already.htm

 

Judge Says NO To Testimony From Samsung Designer
http://galaxystocks.com/24615/business-news/judge-says-no-to-testimony-from-samsung-designer-aapl/

Judge bars Samsung designer from testifying in Apple trial
Read more: http://www.itproportal.com/2012/08/13/judge-bars-samsung-designer-from-testifying-in-apple-trial/#ixzz23SuNRUQM

Key Samsung designer barred from testifying in Apple case
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57491835-37/key-samsung-designer-barred-from-testifying-in-apple-case/

Honestly, it probably is already over, because from day one, the judge decided to bar any evidence that might work against Apple.

post #19 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldobushman View Post

This judge's comments raise important questions. One is many judge's see the courtroom in which they preside as "their" courtroom and their little fiefdom to control. The second problem might be based on failure of education. Lawyers, which also then may become judges, simply are poorly educated. Sure, they are have degrees in history, English, political science, etc. All very soft. 

 

My guess is that far less than 1% of all judges and attorneys have any mathematical or scientific education or understanding, if any, likely only at the bachelor's degree level. The exception might be those attorney's involved with patent law. 

 

What about computer science and programming? It would be useful to have attorney's and judges with such knowledge but knowledge here is not of the same nature as hard sciences. Simply put, attorneys and judges are not typically qualified to consider matters involving mathematical and scientific issues. 

Which comments specifically has this judge been reported as saying that qualifies this comment to have any relevance with this article, the main topic of this thread? Thanks.

When a company stops chasing profit and start chasing the betterment of their products, services, workforce, and customers, that will be the most valuable company in the world.
Reply
When a company stops chasing profit and start chasing the betterment of their products, services, workforce, and customers, that will be the most valuable company in the world.
Reply
post #20 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Samsung lawyer literally begging the Judge to include evidence that had been reviewed three times earlier and was denied. "Quinn kicked off the day with an impassioned plea to allow the evidence, saying he had never begged a court for anything throughout a more than 30-year legal career but was begging now. Koh was unmoved, saying the court had reviewed the issue at least three times and denied Samsung's request." Then, afterwards, Samsung released the evidence in question anyway, which was a deposition in which an Apple designer says he was told to "create a phone inspired by Sony's designs.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/10831/20120816/apple-vs-samsung-patent-trial-end-already.htm

 

Judge Says NO To Testimony From Samsung Designer
http://galaxystocks.com/24615/business-news/judge-says-no-to-testimony-from-samsung-designer-aapl/

Judge bars Samsung designer from testifying in Apple trial
Read more: http://www.itproportal.com/2012/08/13/judge-bars-samsung-designer-from-testifying-in-apple-trial/#ixzz23SuNRUQM

Key Samsung designer barred from testifying in Apple case
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57491835-37/key-samsung-designer-barred-from-testifying-in-apple-case/

Honestly, it probably is already over, because from day one, the judge decided to bar any evidence that might work against Apple.

Very convenient how you left out all the decisions the judge has made against Apple and how fitting you post this on a thread with the article being about the judge being upset with one of Apple's moves.

When a company stops chasing profit and start chasing the betterment of their products, services, workforce, and customers, that will be the most valuable company in the world.
Reply
When a company stops chasing profit and start chasing the betterment of their products, services, workforce, and customers, that will be the most valuable company in the world.
Reply
post #21 of 76

Today, Samsung's expert witness stated that $27,000 is the appropriate cost to "work around" Apple patents.  How many "pages" were submitted to Judge Koh to certify his expertise?  Since these submissions obviously do not root out incompetent witnesses, why bother with all the paperwork?

 

Also, huge sums of money, the prestige of two mega companies and the pocketbooks of millions of individual investors and pension funds are at risk.  Is it too much to ask Judge Koh to remain civil, work hard and do her best?  I am embarrassed by her behavior, today.

post #22 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by majjo View Post

22 witnesses with 6.5 hours left works out to a bit under 18 minutes per witness. I guess they can feasibility do it.
It does seem a bit excessive tbh.

They also say they might not have needed for all 22, but under legal rules they can't add names that aren't listed so they name everyone they might to cover the bases. In some cases they may decide that expert q is better than expert n so they switch out. Both are on the possible list so it's covered procedure wise.

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #23 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldobushman View Post

This judge's comments raise important questions. One is many judge's see the courtroom in which they preside as "their" courtroom and their little fiefdom to control. The second problem might be based on failure of education. Lawyers, which also then may become judges, simply are poorly educated. Sure, they are have degrees in history, English, political science, etc. All very soft. 

 

My guess is that far less than 1% of all judges and attorneys have any mathematical or scientific education or understanding, if any, likely only at the bachelor's degree level. The exception might be those attorney's involved with patent law. 

 

What about computer science and programming? It would be useful to have attorney's and judges with such knowledge but knowledge here is not of the same nature as hard sciences. Simply put, attorneys and judges are not typically qualified to consider matters involving mathematical and scientific issues. 

 

This is a jury trial. I'm sure that Koh is perfectly competent with the legal issues, which is what she is there for.

post #24 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnfetteredMind View Post

I agree. It doesn't seem like the best strategy. Are all 22 *really* needed? Can't pick the best of the 22 and use them? I'm guessing they aren't going to make it and then they'll be punished instead.

Because thy might not know who that is until they see Samsung's cross exam tactics. And if the name wasn't submitted beforehand it's crazy hard to impossible to add someone.

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #25 of 76

People who do not understand street slang should not attempt to use it. Even I know that much.

 

 

Her quote:

 

"Unless you're smoking crack, you know these witnesses aren't going to be called when you have less than four hours."

 

That is not how you say it. 

You don't keep talking after the the insult. You need to let it sink in first.

 

Correct usage:

 

"What, are you on crack?"

 

"Put down the crack pipe".

 

"Were you a crack baby?"

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #26 of 76

I am a non attorney working in a legal department.  I have learned that it never pays to piss off the judge.  It is one thing to represent your client zealously.  It is another thing to be overzealous.  It is a fine distinction.  Judges need to keep their cases moving.  One case should not take over the docket.  Judges encourage, cajole, sometimes threaten parties to settle before trial.  Remember that the judge is the judge and he/she makes the ultimate decision.  When he/she is sitting in his/her chambers mulling over which witness to believe, or what argument holds more weight,  he/she just might remember which side caused more problems. 

 

I was working recently on a lawsuit.  The plaintiff's counsel wanted 50 days of trial time!  The judge flipped.  Ultimately, somehow, total trial time for both sides was a grand total of SEVEN days.  The inexperienced, but big ego, plaintiff's counsel was not too happy about losing the case. 

post #27 of 76

It does seem a bit unprofessional to make comments like hers, as it does to whine about how much work she is expected to do. Her job is supposed to be challenging, it is well paid, and a lot of people would absolutely love to have her job. I think you could also argue that a lot is at stake here (although it's not like somebody is facing the death penalty, of course).

post #28 of 76
Stupid judge, should be impeached for remark, mistrial, reversal, and let the litagants pay the costs.
post #29 of 76
iCrack
post #30 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimys1022 View Post

Wow. Koh.

Poor woman, though. I mean, really. If you had 75 pages worth of nonsense (meaning something difficult for us as average citizens to understand) and on top of that you already read hundreds of pages of paper... it's a lot.

Nonsense. That's her job. This case involves hundreds of thousands of pages of evidence that Apple and Samsung's attorneys have to go through. It's extremely unprofessional for her to complain about 75.

Furthermore, Apple has every right to include as many witnesses as they wish within the time limits given. More importantly, by cutting witnesses now, she is limiting Apple's options unfairly. Apple may have 3 potential witnesses as rebuttal witnesses for one topic, but want to hear what Samsung says in its final hour before deciding which one to use. Under court rules, they have to list all three even if they are only going to use one of the three.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanExtremists View Post

I am a non attorney working in a legal department.  I have learned that it never pays to piss off the judge.  It is one thing to represent your client zealously.  It is another thing to be overzealous.  It is a fine distinction.  Judges need to keep their cases moving.  One case should not take over the docket.  Judges encourage, cajole, sometimes threaten parties to settle before trial.  Remember that the judge is the judge and he/she makes the ultimate decision.  When he/she is sitting in his/her chambers mulling over which witness to believe, or what argument holds more weight,  he/she just might remember which side caused more problems. 

That may be true, but think about who has pissed off the judge in this case.

Samsung has already been sanctioned 4 times.
Samsung released information to the public that Koh had barred.
Samsung violated a direct court order by bringing witnesses into the court room.

And this is not unreasonable. 75 pages is nothing and Apple has every right to make last minute decisions on which of the witnesses they plan to use. It's Koh's rules that require them to prepare the 75 page document and announce their potential list of witnesses so she shouldn't be whining about their exercising their options.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #31 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


Samsung has already been sanctioned 4 times.
Samsung released information to the public that Koh had barred.
Samsung violated a direct court order by bringing witnesses into the court room.
 

And one Samsung attorney was practicing/arguing in court without a license in that jurisdiction. 

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #32 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFHJr View Post

Today, Samsung's expert witness stated that $27,000 is the appropriate cost to "work around" Apple patents.  How many "pages" were submitted to Judge Koh to certify his expertise?  Since these submissions obviously do not root out incompetent witnesses, why bother with all the paperwork?

Also, huge sums of money, the prestige of two mega companies and the pocketbooks of millions of individual investors and pension funds are at risk.  Is it too much to ask Judge Koh to remain civil, work hard and do her best?  I am embarrassed by her behavior, today.

Right. $27 K to work around Apple's patents. Then why haven't they done so? Their potential damages are accumulating daily - as are their legal bills. If it was only $27 K, it would have been done ages ago. That alone proves that Samsung is lying and the figure is bogus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Samsung lawyer literally begging the Judge to include evidence that had been reviewed three times earlier and was denied. "Quinn kicked off the day with an impassioned plea to allow the evidence, saying he had never begged a court for anything throughout a more than 30-year legal career but was begging now. Koh was unmoved, saying the court had reviewed the issue at least three times and denied Samsung's request." Then, afterwards, Samsung released the evidence in question anyway, which was a deposition in which an Apple designer says he was told to "create a phone inspired by Sony's designs.
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/10831/20120816/apple-vs-samsung-patent-trial-end-already.htm

Judge Says NO To Testimony From Samsung Designer
http://galaxystocks.com/24615/business-news/judge-says-no-to-testimony-from-samsung-designer-aapl/


Judge bars Samsung designer from testifying in Apple trial

Read more: http://www.itproportal.com/2012/08/13/judge-bars-samsung-designer-from-testifying-in-apple-trial/#ixzz23SuNRUQM


Key Samsung designer barred from testifying in Apple case
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57491835-37/key-samsung-designer-barred-from-testifying-in-apple-case/


Honestly, it probably is already over, because from day one, the judge decided to bar any evidence that might work against Apple.

I guess you failed to notice that the evidence was blocked not because of any bias, but because Samsung failed to submit it in a timely manner. Apparently, they have this view that court rules are optional - and it doesn't work that way.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #33 of 76

The judge is biased towards Apple!! etc etc.

"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
Reply
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
Reply
post #34 of 76
I miss Judge Wapner.
post #35 of 76
Originally Posted by Rodent View Post
Stupid judge, should be impeached for remark, mistrial, reversal, and let the litagants pay the costs.

 

Nope. She should be investigated, however, for choosing to ignore actual justice in favor of some made up "timetable" to which she wants the trial to adhere. THAT is nonsense.


Originally Posted by LizSandford View Post
I miss Judge Wapner.

 

I was going to make a joke about hitting things, but I'm not as good at slapstick as I am other kinds of humor.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #36 of 76

The justice system in the USA is supposed to be great. I like the principle of it but in practice judges limit defendants: testimony, and evidence the defence believes is important. I don't believe any judge should have the right to prevent someone from testifying or preventing evidence from being heard by a jury. Time shouldn't enter into it when the truth hasn't been fully heard.

 

Corporate cases aren't as important as criminal or civil cases against people.

 

There is an even fairer way to adjudicate all types of cases. Each side can pick three people whom they believe will be impartial and those six people can pick another three. That way there will always be a balance of opinions on the panel. That panel will be the judges and jury. The majority finding will make the decision and both parties will have to live with it.

 

I've heard plenty of stories about how judges are just insane and shouldn't be on the bench. They are power hungry monsters. Anything that threatens their little world is swiftly attacked and punished. There should be an emotional fitness test mandated for judges.
 

post #37 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Samsung lawyer literally begging the Judge to include evidence that had been reviewed three times earlier and was denied. "Quinn kicked off the day with an impassioned plea to allow the evidence, saying he had never begged a court for anything throughout a more than 30-year legal career but was begging now. Koh was unmoved, saying the court had reviewed the issue at least three times and denied Samsung's request." Then, afterwards, Samsung released the evidence in question anyway, which was a deposition in which an Apple designer says he was told to "create a phone inspired by Sony's designs.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/10831/20120816/apple-vs-samsung-patent-trial-end-already.htm

 

Judge Says NO To Testimony From Samsung Designer
http://galaxystocks.com/24615/business-news/judge-says-no-to-testimony-from-samsung-designer-aapl/

Judge bars Samsung designer from testifying in Apple trial
Read more: http://www.itproportal.com/2012/08/13/judge-bars-samsung-designer-from-testifying-in-apple-trial/#ixzz23SuNRUQM

Key Samsung designer barred from testifying in Apple case
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57491835-37/key-samsung-designer-barred-from-testifying-in-apple-case/

Honestly, it probably is already over, because from day one, the judge decided to bar any evidence that might work against Apple.

So, trying it on again, eh?  

Another set of "evidence" you (and Samsung) are pretending is relevant to this case,

but which points are all off-point...

 

Two are the ludicrous "bowl of water" diversion, and one, amazingly,

confirms that the person whose testimony you are crying over (the "bowl of water" guru),

didn't actually design any of the products contested in the suit...

 

Well, I didn't design any of them either, so,

why haven't they called on me to testify???

 

Anyway, that's two strikes for you, so, for your third, you have a choice of which question to answer, your pick:

 

-What is the sound of one hand clapping?

 

-What is the sound of the Samsung lunchroom at 12:17PM?

 

...we're waiting!

post #38 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldobushman View Post

This judge's comments raise important questions. One is many judge's see the courtroom in which they preside as "their" courtroom and their little fiefdom to control. The second problem might be based on failure of education. Lawyers, which also then may become judges, simply are poorly educated. Sure, they are have degrees in history, English, political science, etc. All very soft. 

 

My guess is that far less than 1% of all judges and attorneys have any mathematical or scientific education or understanding, if any, likely only at the bachelor's degree level. The exception might be those attorney's involved with patent law. 

 

What about computer science and programming? It would be useful to have attorney's and judges with such knowledge but knowledge here is not of the same nature as hard sciences. Simply put, attorneys and judges are not typically qualified to consider matters involving mathematical and scientific issues. 

It's possible that judges with such a background or at least some manner of education in these areas do exist, but that would have been something to address a while ago.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


I guess you failed to notice that the evidence was blocked not because of any bias, but because Samsung failed to submit it in a timely manner. Apparently, they have this view that court rules are optional - and it doesn't work that way.

Bleck you beat me to it. I'm not sure why it keeps coming up anyway. The reason she wouldn't admit it into evidence has been stated several times on here.

post #39 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

Kimchi flying all over the place.  Look out troll.  OMG.

 

 

Quoted for future reference.

 

How easy people jump to the race/cultural card is beyond me.

 

They are typically used as a last resort when no other arguments/comments can be forthcoming.


Edited by Galbi - 8/16/12 at 7:20pm

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #40 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by majjo View Post


With Samsung only having 1 hour left, maybe they're trying to force Samsung to think long and hard about which witnesses to spend time cross examing? Or completely run them out of time cross examining the first 10 or whatever, so the remainder can go unchallenged?
 

You may be onto something there. Samscum should have paced themselves better earlier on in the trial. A boatload of unchallenged witnesses at this time can totally drive the jury to coming firmly over to Apple's side. 

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Judge loses temper, hits Apple counsel with 'smoking crack' remark