or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Oh, right, "legitimate" rape. As opposed to...she secretly liked it? Sick fucks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oh, right, "legitimate" rape. As opposed to...she secretly liked it? Sick fucks.

post #1 of 91
Thread Starter 

Skip to 2 minutes for the relevant section.

 

 

So, this sitting representative and potential senator claims that his understanding is that in cases of "legitimate rape", a woman's body will prevent the pregnancy.  Now he claims he "misspoke".  I claim that this person isn't fit for public office in any capacity whatsoever. 

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #2 of 91

What do expect from a Republican with this stupid remarks . They are making asses of themselves more and more.
 

post #3 of 91
Sounds like a clear case of witch craft to me. If her body is able to tell that she's been raped and abort said baby, then she must be a witch. Time to gather up some wood.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #4 of 91

Did this guy actually have prepared remarks?

 

I'd like a list of the doctors he spoke to and have them come before the board to have their licenses revoked.

 

Why no recall yet?  Actually, why hasn't he resigned yet? Or even been asked to by the GOP?  Oh, sorry, they probably agree with his statements.

 

Sad thing is his target audience heard what t hey wanted to hear and will only associate any problems with the liberal agenda to take over our schools, or whatever this week's fad fear is.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #5 of 91

Oh that Joe Biden is so funny. He's like a crazy uncle at a family BBQ. We just love hearing what crazy and weird little zingers will come out of his mouth.

 

Oh wait..it's a Republican. Hang that fucker!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #6 of 91

What's especially interesting here is how this has exposed something else in the abortion "debate".

 

Frequently those who are opposed to abortion and the right to get one for just any old reason are immediately confronted with the accusation of being insensitive and uncaring for victims of rape and incest. It's a clever approach, because it implies that most or even a lot of the abortions that are done are after these terrible crimes. But what have we found out today?

 

Well it seems that there are an estimated 32,000 pregnancies that are a result of rape annually. But there are around 1.3M abortions every year. Assuming the rape-base pregnancies are off by half and every single one of them was aborted, that amounts to less than 5% of all abortions.

 

So, regardless of what one fellow says about what calls "legitimate" rape, the more interesting thing is how small a portion of all abortions are due to rape.

 

Perhaps that other 95% are for less legitimate reasons.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #7 of 91
Thread Starter 

Nice try, MJ.  Spin, spin, spiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!  Distract!  Change the subject!  Why are you defending this tea party jackass?  You allegedly aren't beholden to the Republican party.

 

Like Berger said, which doctors told Akin this?  Whose licenses to practice medicine should be revoked?  Or was this guy just making up more bullshit because facts don't matter to the Republican party?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #8 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Nice try, MJ.  Spin, spin, spiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!  Distract!  Change the subject!

 

Spin? Distraction? Really? This all came about as a result of a question to a man opposed to abortion. The interviewer, in classic fashion, pulls out the abortions rights "trump card"...but what about rape?!?!?! As if this one reason justifies all abortions.

 

Me spinning and distracting and changing the subject? You have it exactly backwards my little friend. It is the abortion supporters who are trying to distract, spin and change the subject with this stupid comment from this guy.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Why are you defending this tea party jackass?

 

I'm not. That's your reading comprehension problem combined with the caricature of me you've created in your mind that's telling you that.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Like Berger said, which doctors told Akin this?  Whose licenses to practice medicine should be revoked?  Or was this guy just making up more bullshit because facts don't matter to the Republican party?

 

I don't know nor do I care. Maybe none (unless license revocation happens for claiming unpopular or un-sanctioned thoughts). Possibly.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #9 of 91
Thread Starter 

Yes, spin.  Politicians (with a much larger contribution from the Republican side) feel free to spew garbage and lies and aren't held accountable.  If this guy doesn't believe in abortion--fine.  Just don't fucking make up some bullshit story about how women's bodies automatically reject rape babies, further implying that those women who were raped and did get pregnant weren't "legitimately raped", whatever-the-**** that means.  

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #10 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Yes, spin.  Politicians (with a much larger contribution from the Republican side) feel free to spew garbage and lies and aren't held accountable.  If this guy doesn't believe in abortion--fine.  Just don't fucking make up some bullshit story about how women's bodies automatically reject rape babies, further implying that those women who were raped and did get pregnant weren't "legitimately raped", whatever-the-**** that means.  

 

1.  Akin's comment on "shutting that down" were straight-up stupid.  I mean, REALLY stupid.  

 

2.  MJ is nevertheless correct.  The Rape Card is used to justify all abortion, when in fact, rape makes up a tiny percentage of abortions.  

 

3.  I find it ironic that you say this man is not qualified to hold public office because of him being misinformed or ignorant on issues like abortion, but you have no problem with those who demonstrate an equal level of ignorance/stupidity on economics.  Democratic leaders make comments on the economy and fiscal policy all the time which show they have as much understanding of those issues as Akin does about pregnancy.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #11 of 91
Thread Starter 

Is it?  Or is it more about making sure that if these asswads outlaw abortion, at least those who are forcibly inseminated won't be required by the state to carry a rape baby to term?  I think it's the latter.  

 

I think abortion should be safe and legal for everyone.  But if you assholes insist on outlawing it, at least don't force a rape victim through an additional lifetime of trauma.  It's about compassion for the violated, not some Trojan horse.  You people are sick.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #12 of 91
Thread Starter 

Oh, are you fucking kidding me?  AKIN IS ON THE SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, AND SPACE COMMITTEE.  Wow.  Not cool.

 

http://science.house.gov/about/membership

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #13 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I think abortion should be safe and legal for everyone.  But if you assholes...You people are sick.

 

I hope everyone notices this.

 

Starts with "I think..." a perfectly reasonable and respectable way to express one's opinion on issues that are...well...a matter of opinion and personal values. But then shifts to name-calling and insults for those who don't think the same thing.

 

Nice.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #14 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

It's about compassion for the violated...

 

Yes, it seems to be a reasonable allowance for abortion to be safe and legal for those who are victimized by rape and incest...even in cases where the mother's life is in danger.

 

Now, can we discuss the other 90% of abortions? For whom should our compassion extend in those 1.1 to 1.2 million cases?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #15 of 91
Thread Starter 

It's none of your damn business for the other 90%.  It's not mine either.  That is, unless, you are cool with being forced by the state to give blood transfusions and share organ functions with somebody for several months.

 

You want to stop abortion?  Give real, comprehensive sex education that includes honest discussion about contraceptives and sex for pleasure.  Reduce unwanted pregnancies and you reduce abortions.  If you don't choose to follow that path, you aren't serious about reducing abortion--you are just displaying your anti-sex agenda.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #16 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

It's none of your damn business for the other 90%.  It's not mine either.

 

It's telling how little compassion you have for the nearly 1.2 million babies that are killed each year.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #17 of 91
Thread Starter 

Zygote.  Blastocyst.  Fetus.  It's not a baby when it's aborted.  Stop muddying the language.  

 

And let me reiterate my edit here:

 

You want to stop abortion?  Give real, comprehensive sex education that includes honest discussion about contraceptives and sex for pleasure.  Reduce unwanted pregnancies and you reduce abortions.  If you don't choose to follow that path, you aren't serious about reducing abortion--you are just displaying your anti-sex agenda.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #18 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Zygote.  Blastocyst.  Fetus.  It's not a baby when it's aborted.

 

If that makes you feel better.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Stop muddying the language.

 

I'm not. But it's clear you're using semantics to clear your conscience.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #19 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

your anti-sex agenda.

 

I don't have an anti-sex agenda. But you seem to have a pro-death agenda. We've also previously established your regular support for force and violence to implement the policies you advocate.

 

BR: Advocate for violence and death.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #20 of 91
Thread Starter 

You are pro-death if you don't give comprehensive sex education including discussions about contraceptive use and sex for pleasure.  You are pro-death if you don't want contraceptives freely accessible to anyone who wants to use them. 

 

Unwanted pregnancies lead to abortions.  You refuse to take the steps that will prevent unwanted pregnancies.  You are pro-death.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #21 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

You are pro-death if you don't give comprehensive sex education and discussions of  including contraceptive use and sex for pleasure.  You are pro-death if you don't want contraceptives freely accessible to anyone who wants to use them. 

 

Unwanted pregnancies lead to abortions.  You refuse to take the steps that will prevent unwanted pregnancies.  You are pro-death.

 

You don't get to define the terms here. The ones that support using death are the ones who are pro-death. You are pro-death.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #22 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

You are pro-death if you don't give comprehensive sex education including discussions about contraceptive use and sex for pleasure.  You are pro-death if you don't want contraceptives freely accessible to anyone who wants to use them. 

 

Unwanted pregnancies lead to abortions.  You refuse to take the steps that will prevent unwanted pregnancies.  You are pro-death.

 

What if he (or anyone) opposes abortion AND contraception?  Is that person "pro-death?"  

 

BR, your opinion on abortion is perfectly legitimate.  In fact, I'm closer to your position on the issue than I am the pro-life side (I still think Roe v. Wade was a bad decision, because the court created a federal right to an abortion where none existed).  That said,  your continued assault on all those who disagree with your position is not legitimate, nor acceptable.  You do this on almost every issue.  No one is allowed to express principled disagreement with you.   It's tiresome.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #23 of 91
Thread Starter 

MJ: You don't get to define the terms, I GET TO DEFINE THE TERMS!  I AM THE DEFINER!  I WILL IGNORE THE PRACTICAL THINGS THAT CAN BE DONE TO PREVENT ABORTIONS AND JUST CALL YOU PRO-DEATH INSTEAD BECAUSE THAT'S REALLY CONSTRUCTIVE!  

 

Now introducing a new line of instructional videos by MJ1970!

 

How to prevent catching on fire while cooking on the stove: Don't cook on the stove.

 

How to prevent cutting a finger while chopping vegetables: Don't chop vegetables.

 

How to prevent getting into an automobile accident when merging onto the freeway: Don't drive.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #24 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

MJ: You don't get to define the terms, I GET TO DEFINE THE TERMS!  I AM THE DEFINER!  I WILL IGNORE THE PRACTICAL THINGS THAT CAN BE DONE TO PREVENT ABORTIONS AND JUST CALL YOU PRO-DEATH INSTEAD BECAUSE THAT'S REALLY CONSTRUCTIVE!  

 

Now introducing a new line of instructional videos by MJ1970!

 

How to prevent catching on fire while cooking on the stove: Don't cook on the stove.

 

How to prevent cutting a finger while chopping vegetables: Don't chop vegetables.

 

How to prevent getting into an automobile accident when merging onto the freeway: Don't drive.

 

How to prevent an unwanted pregnancy: Don't have sex (or use contraception).

 

Fact is that you're actually proving my point by arguing from the extreme. Yes you can catch on fire by cooking with a stove. But this is unlikely. Yes, you can cut your finger by chopping vegetables. But this is a risk that is outweighed by the benefits. Yes you can get into a car accident by driving. But this a risk that is outweighed by the benefits.

 

The fact is that some people want all of the benefits and wish to dispense with the risks at the expense of other living beings.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #25 of 91
Thread Starter 

Ah, so you are in favor of comprehensive sex education including detailed discussion about contraceptive use and sex for pleasure?  I'll drop the snark and apologize immediately if you are.

 

Also, that video doesn't fit the series.  It would be more like:

 

How to prevent an unwanted pregnancy while having sexDon't have sex.  

 

That's what abstinence only sex education is.  It's one of the dumbest fucking things in this country.  And it's a proven failure.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #26 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Ah, so you are in favor of comprehensive sex education including detailed discussion about contraceptive use and sex for pleasure?  I'll drop the snark and apologize immediately if you are.

 

I'm in favor of parents educating their children in matters of sex however they see fit and however is consistent with their own values.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #27 of 91
Thread Starter 

Right, so you are for more abortions.  Got it.  Pro-death MJ.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #28 of 91
Thread Starter 

Ooh, let's let parents teach children how to drive, too--and it's just fine if some parents don't want to teach children about red lights. 

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #29 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Right, so you are for more abortions.  Got it.  Pro-death MJ.

 

Must you continue with your non sequiturs?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #30 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Ooh, let's let parents teach children how to drive, too--and it's just fine if some parents don't want to teach children about red lights. 

 

And your terrible analogies. Wow. That you think this example is comparable is rather scary.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #31 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

Must you continue with your non sequiturs?

Abortions and comprehensive sex education are inversely related.  You are against the latter so the ramifications of that include more of the former.  It's not a non-sequitur--it's making you own up to the consequences of your ideas.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #32 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Abortions and comprehensive sex education are inversely related.  You are against the latter so the ramifications of that include more of the former.  It's not a non-sequitur--it's making you own up to the consequences of your ideas.

 

You are now lying. I am not opposed to sex education. Please stop lying. It only discredits anything else you wish to say.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #33 of 91
Thread Starter 

You are opposed to comprehensive sex education.  That means every child.  No exceptions.  It should not be optional.  If this is your position, please say so and I'll admit to being wrong.  

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #34 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

You are opposed to comprehensive sex education.  That means every child.

 

No I'm not. Stop lying.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

It should not be optional.  If this is your position, please say so and I'll admit to being wrong.  

 

If you're asking whether or no I support pointing a gun at some to force them to teach their kids about sex in the way I think they should be taught about sex...you're right...I don't support that.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #35 of 91
Thread Starter 

Ah, the classic "no I'm not, stop lying" projection defense.  

 

If you are for parental exemptions, you aren't for sex education for everyone.  You can't be for both.  See, because everyone means everyone.  Exemptions mean not everyone.  "Not everyone" does not mean "everyone".  I see how you can confuse the two, but don't call me a liar because you don't understand the word not

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #36 of 91

It's quite apparent that this thread was intended as nothing more than flame bait. Carry on, BR.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #37 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

If you are for parental exemptions, you aren't for sex education for everyone.  You can't be for both.  See, because everyone means everyone.  Exemptions mean not everyone.  "Not everyone" does not mean "everyone".  I see how you can confuse the two, but don't call me a liar because you don't understand the word not

 

I support every parent educating their children in matters related to sex in the manner they see fit and consistent with their values. Which part of this don't you understand?

 

 

If you want to put a gun to people's head and force them to listen to and "learn" what you think they should listen to an "learn"...please just be a man and admit it.

 

I don't support putting a gun to people's head and force them to listen to and "learn".

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #38 of 91
Thread Starter 

Why are you bringing up guns?  Oh right, you hate the government.  Everything devolves to that argument for you.

 

Yes, clearly we need armed guards in classrooms painting laser targets on children as they are forced to look at vaginas.  Hyperbole much?  You are utterly outrageous, MJ.  Insufferable, really.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #39 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Ah, the classic "no I'm not, stop lying" projection defense.  

If you are for parental exemptions, you aren't for sex education for everyone.  You can't be for both.  See, because everyone means everyone.  Exemptions mean not everyone.  "Not everyone" does not mean "everyone".  I see how you can confuse the two, but don't call me a liar because you don't understand the word not

Clearly all education should be optional and at the parents discretion. It is totally unacceptable to force any institutional education on children, it might conflict with their parents righteous beliefs.
post #40 of 91
Thread Starter 

Dammit, you just Poe'd me. 

 

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Poe's_Law

 

 

 

Quote:
Poe's Law is an axiom suggesting that it's difficult, if not impossible, to distinguish between parodies of religious or other fundamentalism and its genuine proponents, since they both seem equally insane.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Oh, right, "legitimate" rape. As opposed to...she secretly liked it? Sick fucks.