or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Oh, right, "legitimate" rape. As opposed to...she secretly liked it? Sick fucks.

Oh, right, "legitimate" rape. As opposed to...she secretly liked it? Sick fucks. - Page 3

post #81 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Aren't all the posters decrying this guy the same people who declared women should have no control over their bodies with regard to the HPV vaccine?

Women only have rights per them until it harms the herd. Then they are cattle to be rounded up and done with as their overlords decree.

Don't forget BR's forced sex education classes.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #82 of 91
Knowledge! It burns!

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #83 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Knowledge! It burns!

So does hypocrisy and denial related to those who scream about ignorance while advocating for an authoritarian police state where they can dictate to the female "herd" what they must do with their bodies.

However the OP makes his case quite clear. Those who advocate for mandatory HPV vaccines, who believe women aren't fit to determine what they can do with their bodies, they are sick fucks.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #84 of 91
Quote:

Quote:

Knowledge! It burns!

So does hypocrisy and denial related to those who scream about ignorance while advocating for an authoritarian police state where they can dictate to the female "herd" what they must do with their bodies.

However the OP makes his case quite clear. Those who advocate for mandatory HPV vaccines, who believe women aren't fit to determine what they can do with their bodies, they are sick fucks.

You certainly make a good case for abortion to be freely available. Would you put no restrictions on what they can do with their bodies?
post #85 of 91

Indeed.  Even if a fetus were to be considered a person--a person has no right to occupy your body, take your energy, and threaten your life without your consent.

Also, don't you love how MJ quickly changed the subject away from him advocating keeping children in the dark?  When one's worldview is threatened by the free flow of information, there's something seriously wrong with that worldview.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #86 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Knowledge! It burns!

You certainly make a good case for abortion to be freely available. Would you put no restrictions on what they can do with their bodies?

I've argued that whatever rights we establish, it goes both ways. We cannot declare that a woman is notified of her impending status as a parent and is given the option to terminate it because the baby might be unwanted, unaffordable or just damaging to the lifestyle and career she desires and then turn around and say to a man, you get no notification, no rights and no recourse.

So I argue for equality. If a man is notified that a former or current partner is pregnant, he ha a period of time where he can terminate his fatherhood rights and go on with his life. It should be within the period where the woman can still have an abortion and she can choose what she wants to do based in part off his decision and knowing she will have sole custody. Paternity and child support laws are ridiculous and sound like 19th century reasoning.

post #87 of 91
Quote:

Indeed.  Even if a fetus were to be considered a person--a person has no right to occupy your body, take your energy, and threaten your life without your consent.

Also, don't you love how MJ quickly changed the subject away from him advocating keeping children in the dark?  When one's worldview is threatened by the free flow of information, there's something seriously wrong with that worldview.

Certainly a fetus is more advanced than a vaccine and you would declare the right for the state to force the woman to take that vaccine without their consent.

You don't accept the free flow of information. You put on blinders and ignore information and arguments that don't match your worldview. You refuse to engage them and just repeat yourself with more strident name-calling and ever larger measures of profanity.

post #88 of 91
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Knowledge! It burns!

I've argued that whatever rights we establish, it goes both ways. We cannot declare that a woman is notified of her impending status as a parent and is given the option to terminate it because the baby might be unwanted, unaffordable or just damaging to the lifestyle and career she desires and then turn around and say to a man, you get no notification, no rights and no recourse.

So I argue for equality. If a man is notified that a former or current partner is pregnant, he ha a period of time where he can terminate his fatherhood rights and go on with his life. It should be within the period where the woman can still have an abortion and she can choose what she wants to do based in part off his decision and knowing she will have sole custody. Paternity and child support laws are ridiculous and sound like 19th century reasoning.

That is a worthy argument. One obvious question would be whether any adjustment should be made to that equality in consideration of the greater investment that the woman has in pregnancy and child-rearing. Some of the current laws probably are anachronistic and unreasonable, but so are the attitudes of many men to parenting responsibility.
post #89 of 91
Quote:

Also, don't you love how MJ quickly changed the subject away from him advocating keeping children in the dark?

I advocated keeping children in the dark? You'll have to point to the post in order to avoid looking like a fool and a liar.

Meanwhile, we know that you advocate forcing people to listen to and be educated in whatever it is you feel they need to listen to and be educated in. We all notice how you changed the subject when this truth was laid bare for you and everyone else to see.

Quote:

When one's worldview is threatened by the free flow of information, there's something seriously wrong with that worldview.

I think trumptman addressed your hypocrisy on this well enough here, I needn't say any more on it.

post #90 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

In a way he does represent a large part of the GOP ( and running for a Senate seat as a Republican ) as he was talking about his anti abortion stance shared by many Republicans and Tea party types. And please if this had happened to a Democrat just try to tell me the Republicans wouldn't take the same angle. Of course though most Democrats are pro choice.

In a way?  Uh, in no way whatsoever, which is why he was denounced by everyone.  And I mean everyone.  As for Democrats, they've said things far worse.  The difference is they don't get asked to resign or drop out.  They can be openly racist, sexist, bigoted, immoral, or even directly responsible for a person's death.  Doesn't matter...because their hearts are in the right place.  

Quote:

Incorrect, SDW.  On Mike Huckabee's radio show, Akin said that he meant "forcible rape" when he said "legitimate rape".  Your spin is bogus.

What incentive to I have to "spin?"  I'm simply trying to understand what he meant.  While I don't see why its necessary to use the term "legitimate," I also don't think it means he thinks a woman liked it, as you suggested in the thread title.  Since he's clarified by saying he meant "forcible," I can only assume that he was distinguishing between force and say, date rape?  I don't know.  Either way, the medical ignorance is what I am most taken aback by.  He still doesn't have any good explanation for that.  His "I read some articles that turned out to be wrong" comment was laughable.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #91 of 91

I don't support abortion, but of all the possible reasons to give for why it's wrong, he comes out with this...  Seems this generation of Republicans need to lay off the drugs...

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Oh, right, "legitimate" rape. As opposed to...she secretly liked it? Sick fucks.