or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple, Samsung present closing arguments in California patent trial
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple, Samsung present closing arguments in California patent trial - Page 2

post #41 of 136

Great california then 49 more states to go.  LOL.

An Apple man since 1977
Reply
An Apple man since 1977
Reply
post #42 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Samsung is going to win this one.

Its really possible, I don't have much faith in the legal system, jury or your peers eh :p

 

"Here look at the monkey, look at the silly monkey!" 

post #43 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post


WTF??  It was a valid comparison.  If it weren't for Apple, Samsung and everyone else would be making Blackberry / Nokia clones.  
 

His hatred for Apple has blinded his common sense.

post #44 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zozman View Post

Its really possible, I don't have much faith in the legal system, jury or your peers eh :p

 

"Here look at the monkey, look at the silly monkey!" 

 

Well, part of the problem in a highly technical case like this is that a "jury of peers" doesn't actually exist, unless they choose only from a particularly technical group of people.

post #45 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Samsung is going to win this one.

 

Just like they won against Nokia, grinding them to dust with their cheap plastic knock-offs.

 

Hey do you think Samsung will win the one in Europe where they are using their SOFTWARE patent where they INVENTED the smiley?

 

:)

 

:)

 

Do you think?

 

Huh?

 

Will their smiley patent win?

 

:)

 

:)

 

How could Europe allow this?

 

Samsung INVENTED the smiley only in Europe are they dumb enough to allow a software patent this stupid.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #46 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by winstein2010 View Post

Here is my prediction:

Any phone that did not have a Samsung logo on it will be found to be infringing.  Here is my reason, although some of Apple's ideas were not original by themselves, all the design elements put together made Apple's iPhone unique.

It was also very clear that Samsung was copying every market leader from Palm Treo to BlackBerry.  Yes, Samsung made many different types of phones, but Samsung made "More" of iPhone looking phones after they realize the iPhone was a huge success.

From my research, if a design has a function, it cannot be a trade dress.  For example, the size of the screen cannot be a trade dress.  Or the location of the home button

I didn't see any Samsung phones without a logo on the front. So according to your logic Samsung isn't infringing on Apples design.
Also all Samsung phones presented have design elements that differ from Apples.
So the whole isn't an exact copy.
It shouldn't be possible to patent a generic form and Apples representatives talk about copying "the look and feel", and that's not very specific at all.
An exact copy is easily established, just measure the device and compare it to the 'original', if it's off by a certain scaling factor but otherwise identical, it's a copy, otherwise, it's not.
I am pretty sure none of Samsungs devices is a real copy.
I'am sure one or two people confused Samsung for Apple and bought the wrong device, but since the logo is clearly present and the product isn't bought in an Apple shop no one could attribute the mistakes to Samsung and a counterfeiting case cannot be made.
From what I read, all things considering, I would say that Apple has no valid case against Samsung.

J.
post #47 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjnjn View Post


I didn't see any Samsung phones without a logo on the front. So according to your logic Samsung isn't infringing on Apples design.
Also all Samsung phones presented have design elements that differ from Apples.
So the whole isn't an exact copy.
It shouldn't be possible to patent a generic form and Apples representatives talk about copying "the look and feel", and that's not very specific at all.
An exact copy is easily established, just measure the device and compare it to the 'original', if it's off by a certain scaling factor but otherwise identical, it's a copy, otherwise, it's not.
I am pretty sure none of Samsungs devices is a real copy.
I'am sure one or two people confused Samsung for Apple and bought the wrong device, but since the logo is clearly present and the product isn't bought in an Apple shop no one could attribute the mistakes to Samsung and a counterfeiting case cannot be made.
From what I read, all things considering, I would say that Apple has no valid case against Samsung.
J.

 

Agreed.

 

This BS from Apple is about stifling healthy competition and all they want is monopoly, this is NOT about protecting their IPs.  

 

Otherwise, Apple would have been chasing this;

http://micgadget.com/12958/the-best-iphone-4-knockoff-yet/

post #48 of 136

Don't agree.

 

Er, No.

Reason: They are not after all smartphone manufacturers, only those who they believe (allegedly) infringe / copy. (Pending outcome of court cases etc)

 

Sure it will come in time.

Reason: It makes perfect business sense to go after the biggest global marketing company 1st. The smaller ones will be sure to follow I expect.

 

'Reasons added'


Edited by TogetherWeStand - 8/22/12 at 4:30am
post #49 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjb View Post

Agreed.

This BS from Apple is about stifling healthy competition and all they want is monopoly, this is NOT about protecting their IPs.  

Otherwise, Apple would have been chasing this;
http://micgadget.com/12958/the-best-iphone-4-knockoff-yet/

I'am sure they would have if the device was successful.

Apple probably isn't after a monopoly, that has all kinds of disadvantages.
But it does help if you slow down a competitor, especially if the competitor is hugely successfull.
I think Apple honestly believes that Samsung is infringing on its patents, and in some cases Apple is right.
But this case is more about the boundarys of the patent system and the current insanity of it.
Software patents and patents that are too generic (and without a proper implemention - say - blueprint or an actual product) should not be issued.
This case also demonstrates that the issues at hand are way to complicated and substantial, and cannot be comprehended fully - even by the Judge - let alone the jury; and that in itself should be sufficient to drop the case.

J.
post #50 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjnjn View Post

I didn't see any Samsung phones without a logo on the front. So according to your logic Samsung isn't infringing on Apples design.
Also all Samsung phones presented have design elements that differ from Apples.
So the whole isn't an exact copy.
It shouldn't be possible to patent a generic form and Apples representatives talk about copying "the look and feel", and that's not very specific at all.
An exact copy is easily established, just measure the device and compare it to the 'original', if it's off by a certain scaling factor but otherwise identical, it's a copy, otherwise, it's not.
I am pretty sure none of Samsungs devices is a real copy.
I'am sure one or two people confused Samsung for Apple and bought the wrong device, but since the logo is clearly present and the product isn't bought in an Apple shop no one could attribute the mistakes to Samsung and a counterfeiting case cannot be made.
From what I read, all things considering, I would say that Apple has no valid case against Samsung.
J.

That entire post is nonsense.

Simply slapping a logo on something doesn't mean you can violate patents (even design patents) with impunity.

Look at Apple's design patents. They describe a very specific design. If Samsung violates them, then they should be found guilty, whether there's a logo or not. Even if they're slightly large or slightly smaller, they can be infringing. Even if they have a logo slapped on, they can be infringing.

There are also utility patents involved. If Samsung is found to have violated them, a logo won't protect them.

Finally, there's the real world evidence. Samsung's own attorneys couldn't tell the difference between the products at 10 feet. Samsung presented evidence that there is confusion among consumers at Best Buy. The logo is obviously not sufficient to prevent confusion.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #51 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

If anyone wants to be entertained, read this Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 review from an Android fansite. This is what Samsung is shitting out with the iPad as a template. Amazing. 
How anyone can root for and support this company, pretending it represents quality and innovation, is beyond me. 

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/08/21/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-review-an-embarrassing-lazy-arrogant-money-grab/





You need to watch the video of him pushing down on the back plastic. Its unreal. These are the products that Apple haters root for simply because they compete against Apple's products. Is this the type of product brought to market from a company that gives a ****? This shit is the same price as the iPad, yet haters call the iPad 'overpriced' a product with screen quality, build quality, and performance that completely decimates this piece of shit. 
I loved this screen shot. So this is why the fandroids think Android is better than iOS? lol.gif

nexusae0_wm_2012-08-16-23.56.051.png
post #52 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjb View Post

Agreed.

This BS from Apple is about stifling healthy competition and all they want is monopoly, this is NOT about protecting their IPs.  

Otherwise, Apple would have been chasing this;
http://micgadget.com/12958/the-best-iphone-4-knockoff-yet/

This site's name should really be changed to AndroidInsider.
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
post #53 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post


This site's name should really be changed to AndroidInsider.

 

Android market share is around 70%.

Many people switched to android from apple.

post #54 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post
Look at Apple's design patents. They describe a very specific design. If Samsung violates them, then they should be found guilty, whether there's a logo or not. Even if they're slightly massively larger or slightly incredibly smaller than any Apple device, they can be infringing. Even if they have a logo slapped on <or are 12" thick>, they can be infringing.

Fixed.


Edited by Gatorguy - 8/22/12 at 6:04am
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #55 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Android market share is around 70%.
Many people switched to android from apple.

Guess what: the number of people at the lower end of the socioeconomic scale is large. Someone needs to address their needs as well. It's great that Samsung is able to do that.

Btw, Android's market share in counties like the US is nowhere near 70%. You get to a number like that only because of China and India.
post #56 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Btw, Android's market share in counties like the US is nowhere near 70%. You get to a number like that only because of China and India.

 

 

Worldwide market share for smartphones, a market dominated by Apple and Android

— Android (Google Inc.) — 104.8 million units, 68.1 percent share (46.9 percent a year earlier)

 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/worldwide-market-share-for-smartphones-a-market-dominated-by-apple-and-android/2012/08/20/dc1bb65e-eb10-11e1-866f-60a00f604425_story.html

 

 

68.1%. = around 70%.

post #57 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

 

Android market share is around 70%.

Many people switched to android from apple.

 

Hey dude, where you gonna be come iPhone launch day?

 

How long do ya reckon it will take for the new iPhone to overtake total Galaxy S III sales?

 

I'll give it slightly less than a week.

 

Do ya remember when Nokia had 60% share of smartphone's back in 2006, back when Samsung was copying their Symbian dual sliders?

 

Like this?

 

i450

 

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i450-2076.php

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #58 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

If anyone wants to be entertained, read this Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 review from an Android fansite. This is what Samsung is shitting out with the iPad as a template. Amazing. 
How anyone can root for and support this company, pretending it represents quality and innovation, is beyond me. 

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/08/21/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-review-an-embarrassing-lazy-arrogant-money-grab/


A great review.
I wonder how many of the bigger gadget websites would post write so honestly if they weren't reliant on the huge amounts of ad revenue Samsung provides, and - constantly being accused of pro Apple bias for every bad remark regarding an Android product.

All the Samsung support we see at this forum is mostly just Apple hate. I see very little love for Samsung and its output.

Win or lose this case, Samsung has NO friends.
They could have been a important, trusted and very well paid friend of Apple, but they copy, then taunt, threaten and accuse.

WHY ? What do you think you are gaining Samsung ?
Grocery Stores FEAR Him
Reply
Grocery Stores FEAR Him
Reply
post #59 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

Hey dude, where you gonna be come iPhone launch day?

 

How long do ya reckon it will take for the new iPhone to overtake total Galaxy S III sales?

 

I'll give it slightly less than a week.

Hill60, change your password! Fried Lobster has hijacked your account. ;)

 

 

 

By the way, you could be right. There's a lot of channel and the first week could be massive depending on how many markets they try to fill.

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #60 of 136

I wont say that Samsung blatantly copied the iphone or ipad but they sure as hell based many of the features on their phones and tablets on these two devices. … but everyone else did too!!! There is no doubt that the iphone revolutionized the phone industry and that phones changed significantly after its lauch. Samsung’s and everyone else’s! I hate to say it but we seem to forget that the first iphone wasn’t much more that a really good touch screen PDA phone (the idea behind the iphone wasn’t exactly new – Apple was however smart enough to make their device simple and easy to use, contrary to Windows and their Pocket PC OS).

 

The thing is, do we really want to stop this from happening?? Today, you get a few good ideas from your competitors, change them a bit and build on them, tomorrow they change and build on yours. This happens every day in industry, it’s what make products evolve and get better. As a consumer I’m happy it does and as someone linked to industry I am as well. Apple does the same!! Many, many of the ideas attributed to Mac in truth were not their own! Besides the touch technology and tablet ideas which most consumers attribute to Apple, you also have their GUI which was based on a Xerox idea, mouse which was invented and being used way before Apple implemented its use, etc. etc. etc.  People accuse Google of stealing ideas from IOS but hasn’t Apple taken some of the ideas from Android as well (notification bar is just one small example). Is this a bad thing? I personally don’t think so it’s what makes the world go round and it’s what makes both my Ipad ”3” and Samsung phone great! (I don’t buy based on being a fan of a particular brand but rather based on specs, price and quality).

 

I think the main problem here is patent attributions to things that you shouldn’t be able to patent. Some of the patents that are awarded make no sense and are absolutely absurd, specially in what regards to non complex shapes and/or designs (for the record: the shape of the iphone is little less complex than that of a Lamborghini). Is the iphone 4 and LG Prada sufficiently different from one another? How about the Galaxy and iphone??  Are these phones the same? I personally don’t think so but it’s not a black and white, it’s too subjective and everyone has their own opinion. How can you apply a patent on something that is subjective? And if you do apply a patent on a 3x4” rectangle if I make a 3,5x4,5” rectangle wont it be different?

In a world where everyone copies, or better yet, where everyone get inspired by everyone else (and have no doubt that here both companies are at fault!), I can only find one logical reason behind this trial – get rid of, or at least strike a huge blow at your largest and possibly only real competitor.

post #61 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Hill60, change your password! Fried Lobster has hijacked your account. ;)

 

 

 

By the way, you could be right. There's a lot of channel and the first week could be massive depending on how many markets they try to fill.

 

There are a lot of people sitting on iPhone 4's who have been coming out of contract since 24/6/2010 or 6/24/2010 (depending on where you are).

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #62 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo2000 View Post

I wont say that Samsung blatantly copied the iphone or ipad but they sure as hell based many of the features on their phones and tablets on these two devices. … but everyone else did too!!! There is no doubt that the iphone revolutionized the phone industry and that phones changed significantly after its lauch. Samsung’s and everyone else’s! I hate to say it but we seem to forget that the first iphone wasn’t much more that a really good touch screen PDA phone (the idea behind the iphone wasn’t exactly new – Apple was however smart enough to make their device simple and easy to use, contrary to Windows and their Pocket PC OS).

The thing is, do we really want to stop this from happening?? Today, you get a few good ideas from your competitors, change them a bit and build on them, tomorrow they change and build on yours. This happens every day in industry, it’s what make products evolve and get better. As a consumer I’m happy it does and as someone linked to industry I am as well. Apple does the same!! Many, many of the ideas attributed to Mac in truth were not their own! Besides the touch technology and tablet ideas which most consumers attribute to Apple, you also have their GUI which was based on a Xerox idea, mouse which was invented and being used way before Apple implemented its use, etc. etc. etc.  People accuse Google of stealing ideas from IOS but hasn’t Apple taken some of the ideas from Android as well (notification bar is just one small example). Is this a bad thing? I personally don’t think so it’s what makes the world go round and it’s what makes both my Ipad ”3” and Samsung phone great! (I don’t buy based on being a fan of a particular brand but rather based on specs, price and quality).

I think the main problem here is patent attributions to things that you shouldn’t be able to patent. Some of the patents that are awarded make no sense and are absolutely absurd, specially in what regards to non complex shapes and/or designs (for the record: the shape of the iphone is little less complex than that of a Lamborghini). Is the iphone 4 and LG Prada sufficiently different from one another? How about the Galaxy and iphone??  Are these phones the same? I personally don’t think so but it’s not a black and white, it’s too subjective and everyone has their own opinion. How can you apply a patent on something that is subjective? And if you do apply a patent on a 3x4” rectangle if I make a 3,5x4,5” rectangle wont it be different?
In a world where everyone copies, or better yet, where everyone get inspired by everyone else (and have no doubt that here both companies are at fault!), I can only find one logical reason behind this trial – get rid of, or at least strike a huge blow at your largest and possibly only real competitor.

I agree.

J.
post #63 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo2000 View Post

I wont say that Samsung blatantly copied the iphone or ipad but they sure as hell based many of the features on their phones and tablets on these two devices. … but everyone else did too!!! There is no doubt that the iphone revolutionized the phone industry and that phones changed significantly after its lauch. Samsung’s and everyone else’s! I hate to say it but we seem to forget that the first iphone wasn’t much more that a really good touch screen PDA phone (the idea behind the iphone wasn’t exactly new – Apple was however smart enough to make their device simple and easy to use, contrary to Windows and their Pocket PC OS).

 

The thing is, do we really want to stop this from happening?? Today, you get a few good ideas from your competitors, change them a bit and build on them, tomorrow they change and build on yours. This happens every day in industry, it’s what make products evolve and get better. As a consumer I’m happy it does and as someone linked to industry I am as well. Apple does the same!! Many, many of the ideas attributed to Mac in truth were not their own! Besides the touch technology and tablet ideas which most consumers attribute to Apple, you also have their GUI which was based on a Xerox idea, mouse which was invented and being used way before Apple implemented its use, etc. etc. etc.  People accuse Google of stealing ideas from IOS but hasn’t Apple taken some of the ideas from Android as well (notification bar is just one small example). Is this a bad thing? I personally don’t think so it’s what makes the world go round and it’s what makes both my Ipad ”3” and Samsung phone great! (I don’t buy based on being a fan of a particular brand but rather based on specs, price and quality).

 

I think the main problem here is patent attributions to things that you shouldn’t be able to patent. Some of the patents that are awarded make no sense and are absolutely absurd, specially in what regards to non complex shapes and/or designs (for the record: the shape of the iphone is little less complex than that of a Lamborghini). Is the iphone 4 and LG Prada sufficiently different from one another? How about the Galaxy and iphone??  Are these phones the same? I personally don’t think so but it’s not a black and white, it’s too subjective and everyone has their own opinion. How can you apply a patent on something that is subjective? And if you do apply a patent on a 3x4” rectangle if I make a 3,5x4,5” rectangle wont it be different?

In a world where everyone copies, or better yet, where everyone get inspired by everyone else (and have no doubt that here both companies are at fault!), I can only find one logical reason behind this trial – get rid of, or at least strike a huge blow at your largest and possibly only real competitor.

 

Did you buy a $10,000 mouse in the days before Apple started using them?

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #64 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

Hey dude

 

U mad ?

Just accept fate.  Android dominating world.

Apple's magic time is over.

Many people switching Android from Apple.

 

I also used iOS phone + tablet exclusively  until dec 2011.

post #65 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post


— Android (Google Inc.) — 104.8 million units, 68.1 percent share (46.9 percent a year earlier)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/worldwide-market-share-for-smartphones-a-market-dominated-by-apple-and-android/2012/08/20/dc1bb65e-eb10-11e1-866f-60a00f604425_story.html


68.1%. = around 70%.

Like I said..... LOL. (I think you can read).

Also, no doubt "shipped."
post #66 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

Did you buy a $10,000 mouse in the days before Apple started using them?

 


Your point being? How much would you pay for an iphone if mobiles phones/PDA etc etc weren’t already being mass produced? Or even, how much would you pay for a mouse if Windows hadn't been created?? Stop looking at thing through a fan's point of view and look at them logically.

post #67 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

 

U mad ?

Just accept fate.  Android dominating world.

Apple's magic time is over.

Many people switching Android from Apple.

 

I also used iOS phone + tablet exclusively  until dec 2011.

 

Many people is using washing machine.

 

I switch used to Samsung now Electrolux, used to refrigerator Samsung now Bosch many better is them.

 

Had Samsung dvd home theatre now Pioneer, Sony, Hitachi many, many much better than the Samsungs rubbish it is.

 

I have a Galaxy Nexus I give to child to play, they not like use old iPhone 3Gs, many many betters with Angrier Birds and pigs flying games, big big fun on iPhone.

 

Samsung make garbage die in less time than others so they sell new one faster, replace broke one.

 

Many fren is same thinking.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #68 of 136

For good or ill, I expect this third line of argument will have the most influence on the jury (emphasis added):

 

"No Samsung executives were willing to come here from Korea," McElhinny said. "We called some of their top people. Samsung had a chance to defend itself in this case; instead they sent you lawyers. Instead of witnesses, they brought you lawyers."
 

In other words, "remember that ultimately this is a case of a local company versus some foreigners who don't even respect you enough to come here."

 

Samsung will have an uphill battle winning the hearts of minds of these jurors.

post #69 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo2000 View Post

 


Your point being? How much would you pay for an iphone if mobiles phones/PDA etc etc weren’t already being mass produced? Or even, how much would you pay for a mouse if Windows hadn't been created?? Stop looking at thing through a fan's point of view and look at them logically.

 

The point being if Apple hadn't of stepped in with stock options in exchange for ideas, the technology at PARC would have stayed their, unaffordable to all but the wealthiest, unrecognised and unwanted by Xerox's head office in new york.

 

I remember the early HTC phones (Made under different names) costing $1200-1800 around the same as top of the line Nokia's.

 

When the RAZR first launched they were $1200.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #70 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

Many people is using washing machine.

 

I switch used to Samsung now Electrolux, used to refrigerator Samsung now Bosch many better is them.

 

Had Samsung dvd home theatre now Pioneer, Sony, Hitachi many, many much better than the Samsungs rubbish it is.

 

I have a Galaxy Nexus I give to child to play, they not like use old iPhone 3Gs, many many betters with Angrier Birds and pigs flying games, big big fun on iPhone.

 

Samsung make garbage die in less time than others so they sell new one faster, replace broke one.

 

Many fren is same thinking.

 

Dude, your being just plain rude!

post #71 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by malax View Post
"No Samsung executives were willing to come here from Korea," McElhinny said. "We called some of their top people. Samsung had a chance to defend itself in this case; instead they sent you lawyers. Instead of witnesses, they brought you lawyers."

 

Is any American CEO witnessed under Foreign court ?

Was Tim Cook witnessed under Chinese court ?


Edited by 845032 - 8/22/12 at 6:54am
post #72 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

Many people is using washing machine.

 

I switch used to Samsung now Electrolux, used to refrigerator Samsung now Bosch many better is them.

 

Had Samsung dvd home theatre now Pioneer, Sony, Hitachi many, many much better than the Samsungs rubbish it is.

 

I have a Galaxy Nexus I give to child to play, they not like use old iPhone 3Gs, many many betters with Angrier Birds and pigs flying games, big big fun on iPhone.

 

Samsung make garbage die in less time than others so they sell new one faster, replace broke one.

 

Many fren is same thinking.

 

 

Laugh out loud. Excellent work.

"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
Reply
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
Reply
post #73 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Android market share is around 70%.
Many people switched to android from apple.

I couldn't care less how you want everyone to think how big your p*nis is.

I do care however, how this site has allowed you and your ilk to piss all over and practically ruin it for the rest of us.
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
post #74 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

The point being if Apple hadn't of stepped in with stock options in exchange for ideas, the technology at PARC would have stayed their, unaffordable to all but the wealthiest, unrecognised and unwanted by Xerox's head office in new york.

 

I remember the early HTC phones (Made under different names) costing $1200-1800 around the same as top of the line Nokia's.

 

When the RAZR first launched they were $1200.

 

That is what I am trying to say. As a certain product gains notoriety you can be sure that competition will shows up with a similar product. Competition makes things evolve, and if you add to that mass production there is no doubt that prices will be driven down. Don’t stifle the competitive process with ridiculous legal issues. As consumers it’s bad for all of us and as some one linked to industry it’s also bad because it make you lazy!
If $1200 is too much for a RAZR then imagine 4000 for the Motorola DynaTac when it was released in the 80ies. If some idiot from a patent office decided that Motorola had the patent on mobile phones “period”, we would be buying our cell phones from Motorola at what price??
 

post #75 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post


I couldn't care less how you want everyone to think how big your p*nis is.
I do care however, how this site has allowed you and your ilk to piss all over and practically ruin it for the rest of us.

 

Free speech and a free society, that is what has to be the aim.
post #76 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Free speech and a free society, that is what has to be the aim.

Write an uncomplimentary article about Samsung in a newspaper in South Korea and see how far that gets you...
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
Reply
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
Reply
post #77 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Free speech and a free society, that is what has to be the aim.

So the rest of us is basically f*ck*d because of the misinterpretation/abuse of what free speech is.

Nice. Thanks for clarifying this. The fact the you haven't been banned yet shows that AI seem to agree with you. AI has become Macrumors it seems.

BTW, free speech does not mean the freedom to trample on someone else's perspective. I believe AI was initially created for Apple enthusiasts, not forum to be constantly attacked.

The only real reason trolling or whatever you call is tolerated is not because of free speech, but ad sponsors.

I will watch on, but I think it's time for me to look for other sites for Apple rumor/news. If I wanted drivel, I would have stayed with MR.

I don't blame you though. You are what you are.
Edited by uguysrnuts - 8/22/12 at 7:43am
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
post #78 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Many people is using washing machine.

I switch used to Samsung now Electrolux, used to refrigerator Samsung now Bosch many better is them.

Had Samsung dvd home theatre now Pioneer, Sony, Hitachi many, many much better than the Samsungs rubbish it is.

I have a Galaxy Nexus I give to child to play, they not like use old iPhone 3Gs, many many betters with Angrier Birds and pigs flying games, big big fun on iPhone.

Samsung make garbage die in less time than others so they sell new one faster, replace broke one.

Many fren is same thinking.
That was a little mean...but extremely funny! It's even funnier when I read it doing my best Jar Jar Binks impression!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo2000 View Post

Dude, your being just plain rude!
Yeah, but it was funny! Huh?
Edited by diplication - 8/22/12 at 7:42am

We've always been at war with Eastasia...

Reply

We've always been at war with Eastasia...

Reply
post #79 of 136
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post
When you turn on to be wrong, can you finally ban yourself so we can be rid of your fucking trolling? I've yet to see a shadow of a shred of a fact or objectivity in any of your posts. Just drive by trolling bullshit. 

 

Doesn't mean he might not be right…

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply
post #80 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Samsung is going to win this one.

 

 

perhaps.  regardless of outcome it wouldn't surprise me if an appeal is launched shortly after the verdict.  the success of the appeal (if any) is anyone's guess.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple, Samsung present closing arguments in California patent trial