or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple, Samsung portray different visions of the future given jury's decision

Apple, Samsung portray different visions of the future given jury's decision - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Eggleston View Post

Tell me something, fellow posters. Since the start of this trial, and the absolute bungling by Samsung's attorneys, how many of you have a distaste for anything that Samsung has produced? I have been seriously thinking about getting another HD TV, and I have found that anytime I see a Samsung one, I gaff at it in disgust. I don't even bother looking at it.
How many of you have had the same knee-jerk reaction that I have had?

I can't say that I have. A company stealing from another company isn't something I care about when buying a product. I certainly don't use their lawyers to judge a product eve though all of it could be used as additional proof that a company makes poor products.

If Samsung made a product that I felt was better for my needs I'd buy it. They'd have to be doing something very egregious that affects individuals, like dumping toxins in a Chinese village that is causing cancer, for me to put a blanket ban on their products. A trial against the wealthiest company in the world ultimately means nothing to me. If Apple won the entire amount they were asking about how much would that affect the stock value?

All that said, there is absolutely nothing Samsung makes that I'd buy for myself today. I do think they have potential and are the closest (by far) at having a chance of out Apple-ing Apple, but they are still very far away. They are only truly profitable Android-based vendor, but they aren't letting Android become their life support the way Win OEMs now require Windows even if Windows fails them. They have Bada OS (or whatever t's called) which isn't complete but it's not so many years behind either.

PS: I did recommend a Samsung HDTV to someone a few weeks ago. It had all the features they wanted at a great price with reviews that were good... assuming you never access the Smart TV features.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #42 of 44

I really find it amusing that Samsung keeps talking about how they owe Apple less than 2.7 bil. It almost seems like they are admitting defeat but just trying to scale down the affect on their company.

Tim Cook using Galaxy Tabs as frisbees

Tim Cook using Galaxy Tabs as frisbees

post #43 of 44

I'm not sure which is more ludicrous - the self importance of these people or the way in which we take their posturing seriously.

Louis Pasteur changed the world.  Martin Luther King changed the world.  Stalin changed the world.  Apple and Samsung make consumer electronics.  

post #44 of 44
Originally Posted by rbryanh View Post
I'm not sure which is more ludicrous - the self importance of these people or the way in which we take their posturing seriously.

Louis Pasteur changed the world.  Martin Luther King changed the world.  Stalin changed the world.  Apple and Samsung make consumer electronics.  

And there goes all your credibility.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple, Samsung portray different visions of the future given jury's decision
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple, Samsung portray different visions of the future given jury's decision