or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung guilty of patent infringement, Apple awarded nearly $1.05B [u]

Samsung guilty of patent infringement, Apple awarded nearly $1.05B [u] - Page 11

post #401 of 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzle View Post

has anyone here been following the case closely enough to opine why the iPad patents weren't protected?

The jury member who talked to the press did not address that issue. For some reason, the jury felt that Apple's design patent was not infringed.

I can only speculate that the jury bought the Fidler prior art argument. I can't think of any other reason they've have stated that the iPhone design patents were infringed, but not the iPad.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #402 of 409

Saw on CNN a report about the shock being felt in Korea over the verdict against their largest company.

One guy said that he thought the jury's action was based on "American nationalism" and that they were protecting an American company over a foreign one.  

Interesting that he would say this this way now when Korea is churning with nationalist fever over an island group claimed by both Japan and Korea (Takeshima in Japanese), stoked in no small part by the Korean president's visit to said islands in order to build up his status at home after several scandals involving his family (his brother was recently arrested on bribery charges) before elections in December.

A Korean soccer player also was not given his bronze medal at the Olympics for holding up a message about the islands after winning the medal match against Japan.  He was found to have acted impulsively in the heat of excitement by the Korean Olympic committee and was still permitted to skip his military duty (any athlete who gets bronze or above gets out of the duty). 

Edited by Bergermeister - 8/26/12 at 9:22pm

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #403 of 409

Congratulations to USA !!!!!

USA 1 - ASIA 0  

"I invented the rectangle"  - Steve Jobs

"We Bomb you" - USA

"We Bomb you" - USA

post #404 of 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenadams View Post

As for this case, it seems to me that Samsung paid a small price to become what it is now the second biggest smart phone maker ...

the second biggest smart phone maker?

Nope.

Samsung Passes Apple, Is World’s Top Smartphone Maker.

"We Bomb you" - USA

"We Bomb you" - USA

post #405 of 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocseg View Post

Nope.

Any evidence to support your statement?

post #406 of 409
Quote:

Nope.

well you're just stupid...

yes, they used to be #1, but Apple passed them about 3 weeks ago, Apple is like a 62% now. So ha!

And time to update the block list.

Tim Cook using Galaxy Tabs as frisbees

post #407 of 409
Quote:

Congratulations to USA !!!!!

USA 1 - ASIA 0  

And your signature is just dumb.

post #408 of 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Saw on CNN a report about the shock being felt in Korea over the verdict against their largest company.

One guy said that he thought the jury's action was based on "American nationalism" and that they were protecting an American company over a foreign one.

But the jury members specifically said national origin had nothing to do with the verdict. Are we to take the word of some random person in Korea over someone WHO WAS ACTUALLY SERVING ON THE JURY about how the jury decided?

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #409 of 409

Understanding Apple vs. Samsung, my latest blog posting:

http://markshangout.com/blog/2012/8/27/understanding-apple-vs-samsung.html

Mark

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung guilty of patent infringement, Apple awarded nearly $1.05B [u]