or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple cleared of infringing Motorola patents, avoids U.S. import ban
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple cleared of infringing Motorola patents, avoids U.S. import ban - Page 2

post #41 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post

Because apple control the kangaroo court.... 

 

Prove it. 

post #42 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post

If you are happy with Apple stay with them. But around 90% of computer users don't use Apple. 

 

Cost of entry into the Apple ecosystem via a Mac: $1000 (not including the Mini) 

 

The retail pyramid is narrow at the top. If consumers have $1000+ to spend on a computer, however, it's already been shown that a Mac will be on the top of their list:

 

 

 

Quote:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2350737,00.asp

 

 

Apple Dominates the $1,000+ PC Market
 
Apple's strategy of selling premium computers is paying off.
 
Joe Wilcox of BetaNews reports that Apple now dominates the market of $1,000-plus PCs, commanding about 90 percent of the market for U.S. retail, as measured by NPD.

 

 

 

 

 

Simply put, not everyone will afford or care to have the best. 

 

For your enjoyment and edification (Im being kind to trolls today):

 

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/20/apple-tops-u-s-pc-customer-satisfaction-survey-for-eighth-consecutive-time/

 

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/12/07/apple-sweeps-pcworld-satisfaction-survey/

 

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20108336-17/apple-tops-in-customer-satisfaction-for-8th-year/

 

That's 8 years in a row. 

 

Oh, and by the way . . . 

 

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/08/01/ipad_gives_apple_market_leading_19_share_of_pc_shipments.html

post #43 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Cost of entry into the Apple ecosystem via a Mac: $1000 (not including the Mini) 

I've always wondered about the logic of this statement. Why ignore the Mini? It's a perfectly functional computer and will meet the needs of a very large percentage of people. Essentially, you're saying "the entry level price for {choose any company} is {$xxx} if you ignore {all of their products that are designed to be cost-effective}."

It just doesn't make any sense to do that - and it doesn't strengthen the argument. The entry level price for a new computer from Apple is $599. You can buy entry level computers from others for half that. Your argument applies without ignoring the Mini, so why bother?
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #44 of 110

I love you quadra :)

 

 

Quote:
The reason why they are analysts is because they failed at running businesses.

 

Reply

 

 

Quote:
The reason why they are analysts is because they failed at running businesses.

 

Reply
post #45 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


I've always wondered about the logic of this statement. Why ignore the Mini? 

 

It's not a notebook (that's already a major strike against it), and further, it is their *only* computer for under $1000.


Edited by Quadra 610 - 8/25/12 at 7:02am
post #46 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


That is, of course, nonsense.
1. Apple didn't make garbage - ever. Even in the worst times, they made high quality computers. I used my IIsi from that era for well over a decade without any difficulty and Apple consistently won praise for their product quality. While there were certainly a few problems, Apple was widely recognized as making great computers. Put an Apple laptop or desktop from the 90's next to a Dell computer if you want a good laugh. To a large degree, Apple was the ONLY one focusing on quality.
2. The claim that Apple fans would continue to buy Apple no matter what is easily disproven. Apple's market share peaked in the 20+% range. It then fell to the low single digits (as low as around 3%, depending on how you measure it). It is now back to close to 10%. If Apple fans buy Apple's products no matter what, why did their market share change? Shouldn't it have remained constant?
It is clear from all of your posts that you're unwilling or unable to discuss anything rationally.

 

1)Apple computers of this era where slower and had less features of the Dell computers of the day and you have to take into account Apple computers cost a lot more than Dell and for that matter most other  PC's . To state Apple is the ONLY one to focus on quality is silly. What about Alienware or Tadpole. Computer's such as the Toughbook that is used by NATO. Apple cannot touch this market. Apple PC's by and large are not used by industry but by housewives and schoolteachers. It is easy to keep them happy. Change the colour and they will be over the moon,  Apple tend to stick to slower CPU's less memory and a older GPU.  As a result it can spend more time developing as it does not refresh it systems. It is easy to keep it's target market happy. Industry, busines and Govenments by and large don't use Apple. The reason is Apple computers would not cut it.  Apple may nice shiny computers unpowered and tightly controlled so the user cannot or does not have as many options as the rest of the industry.

 

2) Apple had 20% of the market for the begining of the industry the early 80's In real terms the market was tiny.. It dropped as did it range during the 80/90's and was reborn with a newly coloured  Imac. All substance but is was a slug in real time. Since then it has been climbing and it has reached a point where i feel it will stay.  Housewives and teachers etc will continue to stick with apple and this is where Apple power is. To them Apple is like a new handbag it is a fashion statment.  But people in most industries, business and govenment's will judge apple as the toys that they are.  The core 3% or so will stay with Apple but it Apple forgets to change the colour or make it as glossy the housewives will leave. Don't forget most of the people in the industry was unimpressed with the last Iphone slower CPU smaller screen, and worked on a slower network, But apple did a great job of pasting over these issues and showing how cool it was.

post #47 of 110
Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post
Because apple control the kangaroo court.... 

 

Really? They haven't done so hot in Australia as of late. lol.gif


Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post
Prove it. 

 

But yeah, prove it.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #48 of 110

My system is hand build and cost a lot more than $1,000 closer to $3,000. I build my system for speed and it would leave most if not all Apple PC's in it's wake. Most if not all my friends have systems of the similiar spec. Apple may control the +$1,000 system but how many of these are housewives who have not got a clue what they are buying. These  are shoehorned into buying  a system as a fashion statement.

post #49 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post

1)Apple computers of this era where slower and had less features of the Dell computers of the day

Like all the rest of the nonsense you spew, this is wrong.

In the mid-90's, Apple had some very significant performance advantages. Have a look at this site for some examples:
http://web.archive.org/web/19990427031655/http://www.dol.net/%7ERagosta/Perform.htm

But, then, you'd rather simply blather your nonsense without facts.

Besides, given the way you write, I doubt if you were even alive in the mid-90s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

It's not a notebook (that's already a major strike against it), and further, it is their *only* computer for under $1000.

It's not a pickup truck, air conditioner, or frisbee, either. So?

You're arguing in circles. You should ignore Apple's under-$1000 computer because it's their only sub-$1000 computer? You're not making sense.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #50 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


Housewives? Fashion statement? F********* pathetic!

I am sorry if the truth hurts.

post #51 of 110
Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post
Apple PC's by and large are not used by industry but by housewives and schoolteachers. It is easy to keep them happy.

 

lol.gif Oh, ho… step out from behind your proxy and say that like a man… lol.gif

 

Change the color and they will be over the moon…

 

But… but all the Fandroids are making fun of Apple for "not changing anything" on the iPhone again this year. It's… it's as though THEY are the ones that can be swayed by color and case changes and… we cannot. Because we already buy the good products when we see them and… they have to keep buying new phones every three months if they want the newest software… Strange, isn't it?

 

Industry, busines and Govenments by and large don't use Apple.

 

Does someone else want to aggregate all the recent links where everyone in these fields are absolutely moving to Apple?


The reason is Apple computers would not cut it.  Apple may nice shiny computers unpowered and tightly controlled so the user cannot or does not have as many options as the rest of the industry.

 

That argument was old and busted half a decade ago.


All substance but is was a slug in real time.

 

So you're ignoring the fact that 2012 isn't 1997, then.


But people in most industries, business and govenment's will judge apple as the toys that they are.  The core 3% or so will stay with Apple but it Apple forgets to change the colour or make it as glossy the housewives will leave.

 

Just shut up.


Don't forget most of the people in the industry was unimpressed with the last iPhone slower CPU…

 

Oh, you mean the fastest CPU ever put into any phone at the time?

 

Come off it.

 

EDIT: As to your report, we allow swearing here. Huddler happens to censor it, which we don't like.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #52 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post

 

1)Apple computers of this era where slower and had less features of the Dell computers of the day and you have to take into account Apple computers cost a lot more than Dell and for that matter most other  PC's . To state Apple is the ONLY one to focus on quality is silly. What about Alienware or Tadpole. Computer's such as the Toughbook that is used by NATO. Apple cannot touch this market. Apple PC's by and large are not used by industry but by housewives and schoolteachers. It is easy to keep them happy. Change the colour and they will be over the moon,  Apple tend to stick to slower CPU's less memory and a older GPU.  As a result it can spend more time developing as it does not refresh it systems. It is easy to keep it's target market happy. Industry, busines and Govenments by and large don't use Apple. The reason is Apple computers would not cut it.  Apple may nice shiny computers unpowered and tightly controlled so the user cannot or does not have as many options as the rest of the industry.

 

2) Apple had 20% of the market for the begining of the industry the early 80's In real terms the market was tiny.. It dropped as did it range during the 80/90's and was reborn with a newly coloured  Imac. All substance but is was a slug in real time. Since then it has been climbing and it has reached a point where i feel it will stay.  Housewives and teachers etc will continue to stick with apple and this is where Apple power is. To them Apple is like a new handbag it is a fashion statment.  But people in most industries, business and govenment's will judge apple as the toys that they are.  The core 3% or so will stay with Apple but it Apple forgets to change the colour or make it as glossy the housewives will leave. Don't forget most of the people in the industry was unimpressed with the last Iphone slower CPU smaller screen, and worked on a slower network, But apple did a great job of pasting over these issues and showing how cool it was.

 

 

1. the OS in today's apple products is much "cleaner" than others. So much bloatware and other crap on the phones. etc. How can a 1.5mhz processor be just barely faster than a 800hz iphone 4s? It should be almost double, but it isn't 

2. those housewives landing the curiosity on mars must be crazy using such low tech slow computers...

 

 

post #53 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


Like all the rest of the nonsense you spew, this is wrong.
In the mid-90's, Apple had some very significant performance advantages. Have a look at this site for some examples:
http://web.archive.org/web/19990427031655/http://www.dol.net/%7ERagosta/Perform.htm
But, then, you'd rather simply blather your nonsense without facts.
Besides, given the way you write, I doubt if you were even alive in the mid-90s.
 

 

I have been working in the Industry since 1993 first with Honeywell and since 1995 in the semiconductor in USA Europe and Asia. The fact you speak of are fine i don't know our baised they are with the reality is another story. If the systems where so good explain why nobody used them.  

post #54 of 110
Quote:

 

2. those housewives landing the curiosity on mars must be crazy using such low tech slow computers...

 

 

 

How much did Apple pay to get they there product placement. Also maybe they are just updating there iTunes.  I do see a couple of PC's there also.  Walk into 90% of companies Apple is no where to be seen.

post #55 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post

I have been working in the Industry since 1993 first with Honeywell and since 1995 in the semiconductor in USA Europe and Asia. The fact you speak of are fine i don't know our baised they are with the reality is another story. If the systems where so good explain why nobody used them.  

For someone who claims to have been working in the industry for decades, you sure write like a 4th grader.

Not to mention your inability to exercise critical thinking or logic. The fact that Apple's market share was low does not support your contention that they were slow. There were quite a few reasons:
1. Network effects (look it up)
2. Price. While Apple's computers were not that much more expensive than comparable computers from other vendors, Apple never sold the cheap, entry level computers that made Dell rich and this limited their market share.
3. Outright FUD and bigotry and lies from people like you convinced some people not to buy Macs.

The fact is that, as I showed, Apple's computer performance was easily competitive at the time, and significantly better by many tests. You haven't refuted that in any way.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #56 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4bones View Post

 

 

1. the OS in today's apple products is much "cleaner" than others. So much bloatware and other crap on the phones. etc. How can a 1.5mhz processor be just barely faster than a 800hz iphone 4s? It should be almost double, but it isn't 

 

What you call bloatware other call freedom. The reason it is barely faster is that is it running on a faster network supporting and a larger screen.  

 

 

 

post #57 of 110
Quote:



3. Outright FUD and bigotry and lies from people like you convinced some people not to buy Macs.
The fact is that, as I showed, Apple's computer performance was easily competitive at the time, and significantly better by many tests. You haven't refuted that in any way.
 
Apple PC's ran a bespoke OS that not many people supported. Infact still window's is still enjoys more supported.  It is easy to make a PC fast if you have a small software footprint. As the data you showed proves nothing Apple fans have been known to BS in the past.  
post #58 of 110
Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post
How much did Apple pay to get they there product placement. Also maybe they are just updating there iTunes.  I do see a couple of PC's there also.  Walk into 90% of companies Apple is no where to be seen.

 

Stop talking now.


Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post

What you call bloatware other call freedom. The reason it is barely faster is that is it running on a faster network supporting and a larger screen.  

 

You don't even know what words you're saying now. You don't have a clue what bloatware is, and I'd be surprised if you knew what a network was.

 

Please, PLEASE, I'm actually trying to help you, as hard as it might be for you to believe. Stop talking until you know what you're talking about. Intelligent people stopped the blind "Microsoft is better" nonsense in 1999.

 

Also, here's how you quote properly:

 

Quote:
Content of quoted post

________________________________________________________________________________

 

^^^^ blank line automatically put in your reply below quoted post ^^^^

 

Type your reply on that line, not in the quote box itself. Otherwise when people quote you, nothing will show up.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #59 of 110

the ITC just shot down Motorola's(Google) patent case. And Samsung just got a reality check. 

post #60 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post

Nice a 1984 qoute. Yep apple are rewriting history. Look at how they stuffed Apple Corp the music company. They wrote a contract stateing they would not enter the music business. But guess what they did. Apple have been smart right from it begining's it has picked other companies of ideas and claimed them as there own. The LG phone, Xerox, even the Ipad in some form existed before it was the ipad cam out. But Apple rewrite history claming this to be it own. 

If you disaggree it will drag you to a court 10 miles away form it head quarters and fill the jury with people who have friends or family working in apple. Just as it did with samsung.  And they continue to do what apple do best not invent. It has not invented since the early days. But it will grap other people's ideas and put them in a nice apple package. And call it there own.

Have you considered a spell/grammer checker?

post #61 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Stop talking now.

 

You don't even know what words you're saying now. You don't have a clue what bloatware is, and I'd be surprised if you knew what a network was.

 

Please, PLEASE, I'm actually trying to help you, as hard as it might be for you to believe. Stop talking until you know what you're talking about. Intelligent people stopped the blind "Microsoft is better" nonsense in 1999.

I never said Microsoft was better ever. As for bloatware yep i know what that is as for a network i know what that is. I deal with this shit each day and have since novell days. Apple don't allow bloatware. Apple control everything user's even fart. They treat there users like morons and don't give you choice. If i want bloatware it is my choice.I don't like be treated like a bitch by a company You don't have to be a retard and follow Apple good everyone else bad that most of the idiot's on this site follow. I think the best computers are the one we decide on the user what OS what screen what CPU what. I decide what suits me not Apple.  Apple want to control you to get as much money from you as they can. That what this is about you are controlled, brainwashed listen to big brother obey him.

post #62 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post

I never said Microsoft was better ever. As for bloatware yep i know what that is as for a network i know what that is. I deal with this shit each day and have since novell days. Apple don't allow bloatware. Apple control everything user's even fart. They treat there users like morons and don't give you choice. If i want bloatware it is my choice.I don't like be treated like a bitch by a company You don't have to be a retard and follow Apple good everyone else bad that most of the idiot's on this site follow. I think the best computers are the one we decide on the user what OS what screen what CPU what. I decide what suits me not Apple.  Apple want to control you to get as much money from you as they can. That what this is about you are controlled, brainwashed listen to big brother obey him.

Are you serious... Have fun with that Apple is Big Brother delusion.

post #63 of 110
Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post
I never said Microsoft was better ever.

 

Right, you just said Apple is worse… 

😐

As for bloatware yep i know what that is… 

 

Okay, you consider trial software, incomplete software, reduced-functionality software, forcibly installed on your brand new computer (sometimes uninstallable), requiring payment to do what proper software does and not affording you anything but, as their name implies, BLOAT, "freedom". You consider that "freedom". Just checking.

 

Apple don't allow bloatware.
 

Yep. That's right.

 

Apple control everything user's even fart.

 

Ah, that's

sudo kill methane

 

They treat there users like morons and don't give you choice.
 

When 95% of people couldn't care less about how a computer works as long as it works, they don't have any business with the "choice" of bloatware.


If i want bloatware it is my choice.

 

If you want to eat dog crap, that's also your choice. No intelligent person would choose bloatware. You. do. not. know. what. bloatware. is.

 

I don't like be treated like a bitch by a company.

 

So why do you like PCs?

 

You don't have to be a retard and follow Apple good everyone else bad that most of the idiot's on this site follow.
 

Ah, I see where you've gotten confused. You're reading the trolls' posts and thinking they believe what they say instead of the truth, which is that they're making up what they say.

 

I think the best computers are the one we decide on the user what OS what screen what CPU what.

 

Okay, so go be part of the less than 1% of people who builds his computer from scratch. 


I decide what suits me not Apple.

 

And I decide Apple suits me.


Microsoft/Google want to control you to get as much money from you as they can. That what this is about you are controlled, brainwashed listen to big brother obey him.

 

You have your entire argument backward. Come on.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #64 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevonga90 View Post

Are you serious... Have fun with that Apple is Big Brother delusion.

 Why Apple can rewrite history claim they invented the wheel. If anyone does not agree. They are off to the court 10 miles from there front door using a jury who have family/friends working at apple and shaft them. Big brother is apt in regards to Apple. If Apple find you mislayed a new prototype you die after a fall from a building after getting a good beating as what happened with Sun Dan-yong.

post #65 of 110
Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post
Why Apple can rewrite history claim they invented the wheel.

 

They can't. Fortunately, they're not. In any capacity. Publicly or privately. On or off the record.


If anyone does not agree. They are off to the court 10 miles from there front door using a jury who have family/friends working at apple and shaft them.

 

Stop. Talking.


 If Apple find you mislayed a new prototype you die after a fall from a building after getting a good beating as what happened with Sun Dan-yong.

 

So you didn't bother actually reading the story, then.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #66 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


Housewives? Fashion statement? Fucking pathetic!

This tired argument has been around for years. The slow processor argument went out the door with the power pc. Sure there are some alienware or custom jobs out there that have more and faster and cost upwards of $7000.00. But they are few and far between. Building it on your own is the most expensive way to build a computer as you get no price break the big boys get. The "they only buy it because it's cool" fails on many levels. Microsoft(remember the zune and that phone that they had on the market for about 15MIN?) and a host of others have tried to be cool to. Apple sells an integrated ecosystem where the GUI is consistent, software is kept current across devices and the support is award winning! Thats a guess on my part as i've never had to take one of my many apple devices in for service, but current surveys have kept apple at the top for years! BUt but but my processor is .2ghz faster and has more RAM!!!! I can spend hours and hours tweaking and adjusting the interface!! Yeah, yeah, yeah, and mines bigger than yours!!! Really? So by all means, buy that hp ($8billion in the hole this quarter) or better yet, blackberry(are they still listed?) I hear you can get one of their notepads on craiglist or ebay. So stick with anyone of a multitude of android phones, hide in your cave and tweek away, be proud of your bigger screen and faster processor! The market decides the success or failure of products, and it's just not the cool factor. They actually have to work! 

post #67 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post

 Why Apple can rewrite history claim they invented the wheel. If anyone does not agree. They are off to the court 10 miles from there front door using a jury who have family/friends working at apple and shaft them. Big brother is apt in regards to Apple. If Apple find you mislayed a new prototype you die after a fall from a building after getting a good beating as what happened with Sun Dan-yong.

What makes you think they will do that, Your post doesn't even make sense.

post #68 of 110

I read the story have you. That is what happen he lost a phone got beaten by guards and "jumped". How much he got beaten i don't know why he managed to get to the top of the Foxconn building after such a beating i don't know. Apple never explained or did Foxconn did Apple order his beating i don't know. We will never know the full story.

 

 

As for the court in 10 miles from Apple headquarters how  many of the jury have friends or family working for Apple. Are people stupid it was a kangaroo court Samsung had not got a chance.

post #69 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevonga90 View Post

What makes you think they will do that, Your post doesn't even make sense.

I never said they did it. But the man was beaten because of a lost Apple phone and did die because of a lost Apple phone. I think a person life is more important that a Apple phone. Do you? 

post #70 of 110

Where did you hear that, and I find your story rather sketchy, and exaggerated.

post #71 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post

I never said they did it. But the man was beaten because of a lost Apple phone and did die because of a lost Apple phone. I think a person life is more important that a Apple phone. Do you? 

Some evidence would be nice.

In reality, there's absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support your claim - and plenty of reason to believe that it's false. But I'm willing to listen - where's the evidence that he was beaten to death because of a lost Apple iPhone?

Furthermore, even if there WAS wrongdoing, do you understand that Apple is not Foxconn?

By your logic, if I hire someone to clean my office building and they then go out and rob a bank, I must be guilty.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #72 of 110
post #73 of 110
Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post
I read the story have you. That is what happen he lost a phone got beaten by guards and "jumped". How much he got beaten i don't know why he managed to get to the top of the Foxconn building after such a beating i don't know. Apple never explained or did Foxconn did Apple order his beating i don't know. We will never know the full story.

 

No, we've heard the full story. You've just never heard of sanity.

 

Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post
I never said they did it.

 

You said exactly that.

 

Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post
If Apple find you mislayed a new prototype you die after a fall from a building after getting a good beating as what happened with Sun Dan-yong.
 

So there's that.


But the man was beaten because of a lost Apple phone and did die because of a lost Apple phone. I think a person life is more important that a Apple phone. Do you? 

 

Having what to do with anything? Either provide evidence that the story is not telling the truth or you get to stop talking about the story. 

 

"Neo-nazis live on the moon". That's all well and good. Provide evidence or enjoy never being tolerated or listened to again.

 

None of those stories says anything at all about Apple having any involvement whatsoever, much less killing him.

 

I don't particularly wish to bring politics into this, but I ask because I genuinely don't know; aren't all three of those publications of the same political leaning? 

 

Boy, what happened to the days when newspapers just actually printed frigging unbiased fact (meaning real news)? 

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #74 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


Some evidence would be nice.
In reality, there's absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support your claim - and plenty of reason to believe that it's false. But I'm willing to listen - where's the evidence that he was beaten to death because of a lost Apple iPhone?

I never said he was beaten to death. He was beaten and then he jumped.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1201378/Worker-commits-suicide-losing-secret-prototype-iPhone.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/21/sun-danyong-chinese-engin_n_242429.html

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/evanosnos/2009/07/more-on-the-iphone-suicide.html

post #75 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post

I read the story have you. That is what happen he lost a phone got beaten by guards and "jumped". How much he got beaten i don't know why he managed to get to the top of the Foxconn building after such a beating i don't know. Apple never explained or did Foxconn did Apple order his beating i don't know. We will never know the full story.

 

 

As for the court in 10 miles from Apple headquarters how  many of the jury have friends or family working for Apple. Are people stupid it was a kangaroo court Samsung had not got a chance.

 

It might be best for you to get used to current market realities. It's going to be a very Apple-centric next few years. In fact, the next 5-7 years at the very least belong to Apple. What are you going to do? Piss in the wind on an Apple forum? 

 

The truth of the matter is, outside of unhappy Google (and possibly MS) tech nerds, no one gives a sweet damn about your complaints. You really have no forum whatsoever with consumers. You're part of a minority of a minority. Your position is yours and you're entitled to being as wrong-headed and misinformed as you are, but it really won't get you anywhere, and will ultimately just cause you frustration. 

 

You're talking about Foxconn and beatings or whatever. I don't even know wtf you're referring to (there have been so many Foxconn stories that have just faded away because they were a lot of baloney), and no one else really cares. 

post #76 of 110

Ok, why dont you just stop trolling, and just accept that Apple won and Samsung lost, and those links are the same links that you posted repeatedly.

post #77 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

No, we've heard the full story. You've just never heard of sanity.

 

 

You said exactly that.

 

 

So there's that.

 

Having what to do with anything? Either provide evidence that the story is not telling the truth or you get to stop talking about the story. 

 

"Neo-nazis live on the moon". That's all well and good. Provide evidence or enjoy never being tolerated or listened to again.

 

None of those stories says anything at all about Apple having any involvement whatsoever, much less killing him.

 

I don't particularly wish to bring politics into this, but I ask because I genuinely don't know; aren't all three of those publications of the same political leaning? 

 

Boy, what happened to the days when newspapers just actually printed frigging unbiased fact (meaning real news)? 

He lost an Apple phone his friends stated he was terrified what apple would do to him. And the fact of the matter a company Apple employ beat someone because he lost a Iphone. And Apple still use them

post #78 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

 

It might be best for you to get used to current market realities. It's going to be a very Apple-centric next few years. In fact, the next 5-7 years at the very least belong to Apple. What are you going to do? Piss in the wind on an Apple forum? 

 

The truth of the matter is, outside of unhappy Google (and possibly MS) tech nerds, no one gives a sweet damn about your complaints. You really have no forum whatsoever with consumers. You're part of a minority of a minority. Your position is yours and you're entitled to being as wrong-headed and misinformed as you are, but it really won't get you anywhere, and will ultimately just cause you frustration. 

 

You're talking about Foxconn and beatings or whatever. I don't even know wtf you're referring to (there have been so many Foxconn stories that have just faded away because they were a lot of baloney), and no one else really cares. 

No one really care that someone was beaten and decided to kill themselves after losing a phone. Are you a bit of a Nazi , this is a human being we are talking about.

post #79 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post

He lost an Apple phone his friends stated he was terrified what apple would do to him. And the fact of the matter a company Apple employ beat someone because he lost a Iphone. And Apple still use them

I think you are taking the articles out of context.

post #80 of 110
Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post
He lost an Apple phone his friends stated he was terrified what apple would do to him.

 

Funny how none of your links or mine say that. Mind linking us to where that is said?


And the fact of the matter a company Apple employ beat someone because he lost a Iphone. 

 

EXCEPT NO, THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN. STOP SAYING THIS. Foxconn employees are not Apple employees. Even if he was beaten (which, like absolutely everything else you have said, is up for grabs), it was not Apple that did it.


And Apple still use them

 

Not you them, but them you you them them you.

 

Even though they don't abide by their own rules over there, I gotta say that I respect MacRumors for at least writing down a rule that should be everywhere:


Originally posted by MacRumors' Forum Rules
Instantly Bannable Offenses

6. Hoaxes. Purposely misleading other members to their detriment. Giving advice you know to be incorrect or harmful. Sensationalism.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple cleared of infringing Motorola patents, avoids U.S. import ban