or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple 'confirmed' to hold iPad mini event in October

Apple 'confirmed' to hold iPad mini event in October - Page 3

post #81 of 108

This is like when Brian White & Gene Munster 'confirmed' that there was an Iphone mini coming. 

I wouldn't put to much relability into any of these statements.

Only time we'll know that theres something on the way is when Apple sends out invitations for an event.

post #82 of 108

get sued by amazon?

post #83 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelapple View Post

I can't wait for Apple to put these in their new generation of products.

These dual-core models can then be replaced later by the quad-core model below:

Remember when SJ used to say in Stevenotes that something was so fast that it "screamed"? He wasn't kidding. 

So I suppose using these A6's mean it will definitely be called the iPad Air?

We've always been at war with Eastasia...

post #84 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHMAN4 View Post

This is like when Brian White & Gene Munster 'confirmed' that there was an Iphone mini coming. 

I wouldn't put to much relability into any of these statements.

Only time we'll know that theres something on the way is when Apple sends out invitations for an event.

Except those guys are just Wall Street analysts where the guys confirming the mini are some of the most well connected Apple insiders in the industry.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #85 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Apple 
[" url="/t/152132/apple-confirmed-to-hold-ipad-mini-event-in-october#post_2175765"]
I'm going with iPad mini, that's the most obvious choice.

The Mini Pad and the Maxi Pad?
More like
iPod Touch Maxi
post #86 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by diplication View Post

Well I can't comment on that, but it's more appropriate than calling them iPad Intruders or iPad Prowlers. Nobody would feel safe with those kinds of names. Although with the dumb names Android OEMs like to tack onto their products, I may have just given them 2 new ones to chew on.

Samsung Galaxy series: Faster on a benchmark, not in your hand.

Samsung Galaxy series: Faster on a benchmark, not in your hand.

post #87 of 108

I guess iPad mini is probably more descriptive than iPad Nano

Edited by Big Brother 84 - 8/26/12 at 12:56pm
post #88 of 108
Originally Posted by Big Brother 84 View Post

"Smaller version of the iPad". I don't get how either is less descriptive than the other. Whether one is more suitable is a different story.

post #89 of 108

What if it is still called iPad, just like MacBook Pro/MacBook Air but with different screen size prefixes? ie. 8-inch iPad, 10-inch iPad, 12-inch iPad, etc.

Also, someone mentioned earlier that the component costs will not be much less. That is an interesting point, and leads me to think that this product is really all about margins and driving holiday sales. You release a product with 8 month old specs every year right before the holiday, and sell a ton of product at high margin before unveiling the new iPad a few months later, driving another round of crazy sales right after. This seems like a good strategy that will avoid cannibalization, and still pander to the confused, pedantic crowd that seem to think having less screen real estate will somehow be an improvement.

post #90 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by diplication View Post

It won't be called the "iPad Air" because that's a dumbass name that doesn't describe the product very well.  

post #91 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slang4Art View Post

Also, someone mentioned earlier that the component costs will not be much less. That is an interesting point, and leads me to think that this product is really all about margins and driving holiday sales. You release a product with 8 month old specs every year right before the holiday, and sell a ton of product at high margin before unveiling the new iPad a few months later, driving another round of crazy sales right after. This seems like a good strategy that will avoid cannibalization, and still pander to the confused, pedantic crowd that seem to think having less screen real estate will somehow be an improvement.

I don't know what people are thinking when they say that the component costs won't be much less. The display, the processor, the RAM, the size of the battery to run it all. You save a huge chunk right there.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

post #92 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I wonder if they think it's iPhone+iPods and iPad or iPhone and iPad+iPods…

Maybe the iPods should have a third event in November.

Or each iPod can get its own event.

September: iPhone

October: iPad mini

November: iPod touch

December: iPod nano

January: iPod shuffle

February: real iPad

March: real iPad ships

April: iPod nano mini

May: iPod shuffle mini

June: iPhone nano (WE WERE ALWAYS RIGHT)

July: iPad mini mini

August: iPad mini (not iPad mini, but regular iPad mini, iPad mini)

September: iPhone 4 again, because numbers.

But what about the iMac and Mac Mini?  What about the alleged 13in MBP Retina?

post #93 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brother 84 View Post

Maybe they can get MiniMe to make the announcement presentation.

post #94 of 108
Originally Posted by drblank View Post
But what about the iMac and Mac Mini?  What about the alleged 13in MBP Retina?

The former two should have been out months ago. The latter, who knows. We hear October. 

It's Apple Inc, not Apple Computer Inc, remember. Those don't matter anymore.

post #95 of 108
Confirmed by people who don't work for Apple. Great "confirmation. I will believe it when App,e announces. I hate it when this is considered confirmee.
post #96 of 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxMacCary View Post

Why, in the name of Zeus, are they doing this ....  
Why? 
Why?!?  
NOBODY WANTS/NEEDS A FRACKING "iPAD MINI" 
Jesus ....

I want more than one.

Will likely end up with 3

Assuming they are real

Household: MacBook, iPad 16gb wifi, iPad 64gb wifi, iPad Mini 32gb, coming iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S 32gb, iPhone 32gb, iPod Touch 4th gen x1, iPod nano 16gb gen 5 x2, iPod nano gen 3 8gb, iPod classic...
Household: MacBook, iPad 16gb wifi, iPad 64gb wifi, iPad Mini 32gb, coming iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S 32gb, iPhone 32gb, iPod Touch 4th gen x1, iPod nano 16gb gen 5 x2, iPod nano gen 3 8gb, iPod classic...
post #97 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It's Apple Inc, not Apple Computer Inc, remember. Those don't matter anymore.

That's reassuring.
Then where's the iMicrowave and the iRefrigerator?
post #98 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

It won't be called the "iPad Air" because that's a dumbass name that doesn't describe the product very well.  
Slow down. Look at the pictures. It was a joke. One picture was the A-6 Intruder (EA-6A) which has two seats, the other was the A-6 Prowler (EA-6B) which has four seats. The original poster related this to similarly numbered chips and the number of cores each had, I was only trying to acknowledge and expand on his joke. I was not trying to show any preference for naming a resized iPad. I don't have a preference but perhaps I should - I hate having to say out loud the names of oddly named products. If you need an example of this, try ordering anything at the local IHOP restaurant.

post #99 of 108

Your story is misleading. It says Apple confirmed the iPad Mini event, yet Apple has done nothing of the kind. It only says your sources have confirmed the event.

The only way Apple confirms an event is when they announce it themselves and post it on Apple.com.

So anyone who is getting excited about this, calm down because nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

post #100 of 108

All I know is that if an iPad mini is released - there are going to be crow feathers scattered all over this site.

post #101 of 108
Originally Posted by Mode View Post
All I know is that if an iPad mini is released - there are going to be crow feathers scattered all over this site.

Weren't any when the iPhone nano wasn't. Can't imagine why there would be now.

post #102 of 108
Why dafuq is there still rumors of an iPad Mini?! I've already told you... There is no time to make an iPad Mini in between the iPhone/ iPod Touch 5 Launch Date and the WWDC Event. Please stop wasting your times thinking there is one.
post #103 of 108
Originally Posted by Strat09 View Post
There is no time to make an iPad Mini in between the iPhone/ iPod Touch 5 Launch Date and the WWDC Event.

Your logic does not preclude the existence of one. Time is meaningless. Apple does not build or work on one product at a time. That's nonsense.

post #104 of 108
Quote:

Why dafuq is there still rumors of an iPad Mini?! I've already told you... There is no time to make an iPad Mini in between the iPhone/ iPod Touch 5 Launch Date and the WWDC Event. Please stop wasting your times thinking there is one.

When is WWDC held?

post #105 of 108
June 10+, it's been 2 months since WWDC, there is no way they have developed an iPad Mini in two months with iOS, using the resolution of the iPad 2 on it, tested, debugged, and started manufacturing it. It would take much longer... And they just relased the new iPad and have been building iOS 6 for it. We are currently on Beta 4, which means if there was an iPad Mini in the works, they'd have to start developing it, from scratch alongside the beta versions and set a release date after the iphone/ ipod update Event. So it is possible, but very impossible.
post #106 of 108
Quote:

June 10+, it's been 2 months since WWDC, there is no way they have developed an iPad Mini in two months with iOS, using the resolution of the iPad 2 on it, tested, debugged, and started manufacturing it. It would take much longer... And they just relased the new iPad and have been building iOS 6 for it. We are currently on Beta 4, which means if there was an iPad Mini in the works, they'd have to start developing it, from scratch alongside the beta versions and set a release date after the iphone/ ipod update Event. So it is possible, but very impossible.

Your comment is even more cryptic now. First it sounded like you didn't know when WWDC was held and that Apple couldn't possibly find a slot to release an iPad mini between the Autumn of this year and the Summer of next year. Now it looks like you're suggesting that Apple would not have conceived, researched and developed any notion of the iPad mini until WWDC of this year, which makes even less sense.

post #107 of 108
…it's been 2 months since WWDC, there is no way they have developed an iPad Mini in two months with iOS… 

APPLE. DOES. NOT. MAKE. ONE. PRODUCT. AT. A. TIME. Please stop ignoring what we're saying.

post #108 of 108
Originally Posted by oriental123 View Post
I will prefer to have the iPad nano mini because of the extra facilities and convenience it provides

Spambots just keep getting dumber, don't they?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple 'confirmed' to hold iPad mini event in October