or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › California state agencies have spent $423,000 on iPads

California state agencies have spent $423,000 on iPads - Page 2

post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don108 View Post

The most expensive iPad is $829. How did the Dept of Insurance pay $1000 each? How did the  Department of Water Resources spend $1055 each?  How did Caltrans spend almost $1118 each? 

1. AppleCare

2. Cases

3. Extra Chargers

post #42 of 47

They got upset over 450 iPads?  Good grief. The NYC Dept. of Education recently purchased 2,000 iPads to replace aging laptops and classroom PC's for some of it's teachers.

post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

I don't know about being "entitled" to salute...  but the one initiating the salute is the member of the military.   The President who, by his office, is  the Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces,  The President, is returning the salute... by curtesy, custom or protocol...  and, yes, it should be done in a proper and respectful way.

I believe, that the one initiating the salute must hold the salute until it is returned!

Let's not forget a still image is a fraction of a second of reality. I would think if one stepped through a video of a really excellent military salute to take a freeze frame one could make any salute look good, average, poor or terrible..
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
post #44 of 47

Salute? I thought he had an iPad stuck in his eye.

post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

They probably get a standard 10% discount.  I mean if you or your kids (if you have any) go to school, then you qualify for an educational discount.  Some companies are registering for employee discounts.  Probably most Government employees qualify for a Government employee discount.  

If you work for a company, ask HR or someone if they have registered for an Employee Purchase program through Apple.

iPads are not discounted through these programs.

post #46 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don108 View Post

The most expensive iPad is $829. How did the Dept of Insurance pay $1000 each? How did the  Department of Water Resources spend $1055 each?  How did Caltrans spend almost $1118 each? 

AppleCare, accessories, and apps....Oh My!

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #47 of 47
That's "grammar" you, sir.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › California state agencies have spent $423,000 on iPads