or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Grand Racist Party?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grand Racist Party?

Poll Results: People of which political affiliation are most racist?

 
  • 16% (1)
    Democrat / Left / Liberal
  • 83% (5)
    Republican / Right / Conservative
  • 0% (0)
    Neither
  • 0% (0)
    Both equally
6 Total Votes  
post #1 of 37
Thread Starter 

Are Republicans more racist than Democrats?

 

 

Quote:
CHRIS HAYES, host of MSNBC's "Up with Chris Hayes", said on air this past weekend, "It is undeniably the case that racist Americans are almost entirely in one political coalition and not the other", by which he means most American racists lean right, not left.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #2 of 37
The Democratic Party founded the KKK. They started the Civil War. They filibustered the Civil Rights Act. The racists in their party have never left. They have merely invited various other -ists practicing their -isms into their party where they all excuse and cover for each other while plotting to steal and keep for their own interest groups.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #3 of 37

The Democrats' Missing History

 

Quote:

 

  • There is no reference to the number of Democratic Party platforms supporting slavery. There were six from 1840 through 1860.
  • There is no reference to the number of Democratic presidents who owned slaves. There were seven from 1800 through 1861
  • There is no reference to the number of Democratic Party platforms that either supported segregation outright or were silent on the subject. There were 20, from 1868 through 1948.
  • There is no reference to "Jim Crow" as in "Jim Crow laws," nor is there reference to the role Democrats played in creating them. These were the post-Civil War laws passed enthusiastically by Democrats in that pesky 52-year part of the DNC's missing years. These laws segregated public schools, public transportation, restaurants, rest rooms and public places in general (everything from water coolers to beaches). The reason Rosa Parks became famous is that she sat in the "whites only" front section of a bus, the "whites only" designation the direct result of Democrats.
  • There is no reference to the formation of the Ku Klux Klan, which, according to Columbia University historian Eric Foner, became "a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party." Nor is there reference to University of North Carolina historian Allen Trelease's description of the Klan as the "terrorist arm of the Democratic Party."
  • There is no reference to the fact Democrats opposed the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments to the Constitution. The 13th banned slavery. The 14th effectively overturned the infamous 1857Dred Scott decision (made by Democratic pro-slavery Supreme Court justices) by guaranteeing due process and equal protection to former slaves. The 15th gave black Americans the right to vote.
  • There is no reference to the fact that Democrats opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1866. It was passed by the Republican Congress over the veto of President Andrew Johnson, who had been a Democrat before joining Lincoln's ticket in 1864. The law was designed to provide blacks with the right to own private property, sign contracts, sue and serve as witnesses in a legal proceeding.
  • There is no reference to the Democrats' opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1875. It was passed by a Republican Congress and signed into law by President Ulysses Grant. The law prohibited racial discrimination in public places and public accommodations.
  • There is no reference to the Democrats' 1904 platform, which devotes a section to "Sectional and Racial Agitation," claiming the GOP's protests against segregation and the denial of voting rights to blacks sought to "revive the dead and hateful race and sectional animosities in any part of our common country," which in turn "means confusion, distraction of business, and the reopening of wounds now happily healed."
  • There is no reference to four Democratic platforms, 1908-20, that are silent on blacks, segregation, lynching and voting rights as racial problems in the country mount. By contrast the GOP platforms of those years specifically address "Rights of the Negro" (1908), oppose lynching (in 1912, 1920, 1924, 1928) and, as the New Deal kicks in, speak out about the dangers of making blacks "wards of the state."
  • There is no reference to the Democratic Convention of 1924, known to history as the "Klanbake." The 103-ballot convention was held in Madison Square Garden. Hundreds of delegates were members of the Ku Klux Klan, the Klan so powerful that a plank condemning Klan violence was defeated outright. To celebrate, the Klan staged a rally with 10,000 hooded Klansmen in a field in New Jersey directly across the Hudson from the site of the convention. Attended by hundreds of cheering convention delegates, the rally featured burning crosses and calls for violence against African-Americans and Catholics.
  • There is no reference to the fact that it was Democrats who segregated the federal government, at the direction of President Woodrow Wilson upon taking office in 1913. There \isa reference to the fact that President Harry Truman integrated the military after World War II.
  • There is reference to the fact that Democrats created the Federal Reserve Board, passed labor and child welfare laws, and created Social Security with Wilson's New Freedom and FDR's New Deal. There is no mention that these programs were created as the result of an agreement to ignore segregation and the lynching of blacks. Neither is there a reference to the thousands of local officials, state legislators, state governors, U.S. congressmen and U.S. senators who were elected as supporters of slavery and then segregation between 1800 and 1965. Nor is there reference to the deal with the devil that left segregation and lynching as a way of life in return for election support for three post-Civil War Democratic presidents, Grover Cleveland, Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Roosevelt.
  • There is no reference that three-fourths of the opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Bill in the U.S. House came from Democrats, or that 80% of the "nay" vote in the Senate came from Democrats. Certainly there is no reference to the fact that the opposition included future Democratic Senate leader Robert Byrd of West Virginia (a former Klan member) and Tennessee Senator Albert Gore Sr., father of Vice President Al Gore.
  • Last but certainly not least, there is no reference to the fact that Birmingham, Ala., Public Safety Commissioner Bull Connor, who infamously unleashed dogs and fire hoses on civil rights protestors, was in fact--yes indeed--a member of both the Democratic National Committee and the Ku Klux Klan.
post #4 of 37

There's no question that the right are more racist. There's racism in all groups from all sides, but the right have carved a niche for themselves, not just through the Tea Party, but generally wider in the party too. 

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #5 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

There's no question that the right are more racist.

 

There's no question...except that there is. Evidently you didn't even consider the data that was provided in regard to this question. You figured you just jump right to your opinion.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #6 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

There's no question...except that there is. Evidently you didn't even consider the data that was provided in regard to this question. You figured you just jump right to your opinion.

I read what you posted and the links in the link. I think that the data may well be right. There are racists on the left and right, but the right are, and not just in America either, home to extremists who see themselves as needing much stronger immigration controls and laws in general that are not want minorities want. 


Edited by Hands Sandon - 8/28/12 at 3:52pm
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #7 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

There's no question that the right are more racist. There's racism in all groups from all sides, but the right have carved a niche for themselves, not just through the Tea Party, but generally wider in the party too. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I read what you posted and the links in the link. I think that the data may well be right. There are racists on the left and right, but the right are, and not just in America either, home to extremists who see themselves as needing much stronger immigration controls and laws in general that are not want minorities want

 

1.  Demonstrate the Tea Party is "racist."  

 

2.  Immigration controls do not automatically equal "racism."  In fact, the burden of proof is on the person accusing said law of being racist.  

 

3.  The Left is every bit as extreme.  In fact, unless you're talking about anti-goverment militia types, the Right doesn't come close to the Left's extremism.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #8 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

There's no question...except that there is. Evidently you didn't even consider the data that was provided in regard to this question. You figured you just jump right to your opinion.

I read what you posted and the links in the link. I think that the data may well be right. There are racists on the left and right, but the right are, and not just in America either, home to extremists who see themselves as needing much stronger immigration controls and laws in general that are not want minorities want. 

 

The left simply declares their own racism isn't really racism. They excuse themselves. Do you believe that colleges should create different and lower admission standards based off the race of the applicant? That means you are racist because you believe someone inferior and thus they need different and lower criteria. Yet people will cite this as proof of racism when you endorse equal treatment for equal people.

 

The left believes people shouldn't mix. Some are superior and some inferior and it is the compassion of the superiors to go get and keep goodies for the inferior. So when leftists go and get set asides for certain minority communities, they do it from a belief they are inferior. That is pure racism right there.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #9 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

 

The left simply declares their own racism isn't really racism. They excuse themselves. Do you believe that colleges should create different and lower admission standards based off the race of the applicant? That means you are racist because you believe someone inferior and thus they need different and lower criteria. Yet people will cite this as proof of racism when you endorse equal treatment for equal people.

 

The left believes people shouldn't mix. Some are superior and some inferior and it is the compassion of the superiors to go get and keep goodies for the inferior. So when leftists go and get set asides for certain minority communities, they do it from a belief they are inferior. That is pure racism right there.

 

I read an article about that recently.  The Left defines terms based on their political goals.  That's why Joe Biden is not a racist, but Sarah Palin is.  That's why Louis Farahkan is not extreme, but Mitt Romney is. 

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #10 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

 

 

1.  Demonstrate the Tea Party is "racist."  

 

2.  Immigration controls do not automatically equal "racism."  In fact, the burden of proof is on the person accusing said law of being racist.  

 

3.  The Left is every bit as extreme.  In fact, unless you're talking about anti-goverment militia types, the Right doesn't come close to the Left's extremism.  

1. The Tea Party need not be racist, but there platform attracts lots of racists. Read the YouTube comments from racists to get a good impression of why that is. Any video with a black person in it will do.

 

2. Of course not everyone who wants immigration control is racist, but the platform of "no amnesty" is music to the ears of the racists.

 

3. The left is most definitely not as extreme as the right. The right have been blowing people up and killing racial and religious minorities and gays for decades at a staggering rate. There's no contest. 

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #11 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

3. The left is most definitely not as extreme as the right.

 

You're in denial.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

The right have been blowing people up and killing racial and religious minorities and gays for decades at a staggering rate. There's no contest. 

 

What the hell are you talking about?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #12 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

You're in denial.

 

 

 

What the hell are you talking about?

Compare the right to the left for yourself- http://open.salon.com/blog/greg_correll/2011/01/10/right_left_violence_timeline

 

Libertarians and Republicans need to admit this violent decay within their ranks. Denial won't make it go away.

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #13 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Compare the right to the left for yourself- http://open.salon.com/blog/greg_correll/2011/01/10/right_left_violence_timeline

 

Libertarians and Republicans need to admit this violent decay within their ranks. Denial won't make it go away.

 

If I have time I'll read the link. However, it will be taken with a very large grain of salt for the following reasons:

 

1. It chose an arbitrary starting point of 1990. Why not 1950? Why not 1900? Is it limited only to the US? Why?

2. There's no way to verify what has been omitted.

3. It appears that he relied heavily on information from the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) which is a well-known leftist, anti-right group that labels people like Ron Paul supporters and Tea Partiers and even Focus on the Family as extremists and "hate groups." SPLC is arguably a left-wing hate group in and of itself! Any data largely collected from them would be highly suspect, especially when that data purports to show how much more hateful and violent the right is.

4. A quick glance at this list indicates that all violence or intimidation against minorities of any kind is assumed to be an attack of right-wing origin without offering any (or little) proof of this. In one example Elie Mystal says of Latino laborers gathering for work, “If I’m living in a neighborhood and people are gathering like that, I would load my gun and start shooting, period. Nobody will say it, but I’m going to say it.”. It turns out that Elie Mystal is a liberal! When to you define prejudice or negative action against minorities as being conservative or Republican, you're stacking the deck.

 

That said, I don't know how you suddenly roped libertarians into this. No true libertarian would engage in initiative violence (which I assume is what this list claims to document.) If they would or do, they're not truly a libertarian. Libertarian philosophy is fundamentally built on the non-aggression principle or axiom.


Edited by MJ1970 - 8/28/12 at 7:14pm

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #14 of 37

No True Scotsman!  HAT TRICK!

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #15 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

No True Scotsman!  HAT TRICK!

 

Nice to see you BR. I hope you'll contribute to the discussion.

 

P.S. You need to learn how to properly apply fallacies if you're going to continue this. The No True Scotsman fallacy doesn't apply here:

 

Quote:
No true Scotsman is an informal logical fallacy, an ad hoc attempt to retain an unreasoned assertion.

 

Example:

 

Quote:
Alice: All Scotsmen enjoy haggis.
Bob: My uncle is a Scotsman, and he doesn't like haggis!
Alice: Well, all true Scotsmen like haggis.

 

However, what I was saying was like this:

 

Quote:

 

Deb: All vegetarians refuse to eat steak.
Jake: My aunt is a vegetarian, and she eats steak all the time!
Deb: Well, then she's not really a vegetarian.
 
In this example, Deb's reply is reasonable, because it is widely accepted that being a vegetarian necessarily involves refusing to eat meat. Indeed, there is little else usually considered fundamental to being a vegetarian. Therefore, if Jake's aunt eats steak regularly, she is probably not a vegetarian by the widely accepted definition of the word—even if she claims to be one.

 

Any quick search would find that the libertarian philosophy is one that advocates tolerance of others (to level you do not even support), a live and let live philosophy (that you don't even support) and the refrain from the initiation of force, coercion and violence against others (which you do not even wish to do.) That's what libertarianism and being a libertarian is.

 

In other words, a "libertarian" that initiates violence against another person is like a "vegetarian" that eats steak.


Edited by MJ1970 - 8/28/12 at 7:34pm

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #16 of 37

He said capital L.  You said lowercase l.  So my bad, strawman on your part instead.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #17 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

He said capital L.  You said lowercase l.  So my bad, strawman on your part instead.

 

Doesn't really matter. You're playing games now because you've been shown to be wrong. Again.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #18 of 37

Oh, look what we have here. Blatant racism at the GOP convention, there's no other way to describe it-

 

"An attendee at the Republican National Convention in Tampa on Tuesday allegedly threw nuts at a black camerawoman working for CNN and said “This is how we feed animals” before being removed from the convention, a network official confirmed to TPM."

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/cnn-republican-convention-black-camerawoman.php

 

ooops, sorry BR, you'd already posted about this in another thread.


Edited by Hands Sandon - 8/29/12 at 6:09am
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #19 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

Doesn't really matter. You're playing games now because you've been shown to be wrong. Again.

I may be wrong about the no true scotsman, but you were using a strawman instead.  You're playing games.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #20 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Oh, look what we have here. Blatant racism at the GOP convention, there's no other way to describe it-

 

"An attendee at the Republican National Convention in Tampa on Tuesday allegedly threw nuts at a black camerawoman working for CNN and said “This is how we feed animals” before being removed from the convention, a network official confirmed to TPM."

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/cnn-republican-convention-black-camerawoman.php

 

Interestingly the individuals involved were ejected from the convention. Secondly, there's nothing in the reports that indicates that this was a racist act. That's conjecture at this point. So, no, it is not blatant racism and yes there are other ways to describe it. One possibility is that this was about the news media, or CNN, os even something on an individual level. The two links provided do not provide an enough facts to determine the reasons.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #21 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

Interestingly the individuals involved were ejected from the convention. Secondly, there's nothing in the reports that indicates that this was a racist act. That's conjecture at this point. So, no, it is not blatant racism and yes there are other ways to describe it. One possibility is that this was about the news media, or CNN, os even something on an individual level. The two links provided do not provide an enough facts to determine the reasons.

Whilst technically you might be right, in the real world everyone knows exactly what was intended by this attack, especially blacks who even today are seen as sub human by too many. The GOP needs to make a big case out of this, to show there's no room in their party for those kinds of beliefs. Just sweeping it under the carpet isn't good enough in this day and age.

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #22 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Whilst technically you might be right, in the real world everyone knows exactly what was intended by this attack, especially blacks who even today are seen as sub human by too many.

 

No...everyone doesn't know that. That's merely your conjecture at this point.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

The GOP needs to make a big case out of this, to show there's no room in their party for those kinds of beliefs. Just sweeping it under the carpet isn't good enough in this day and age.

 

They didn't sweep it under the rug:

 

 

UPDATE: GOP convention spokesman Kyle Downey tells POLITICO, "Two attendees tonight exhibited deplorable behavior. Their conduct was inexcusable and unacceptable. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated."

 

And they ejected them.

 

There are about 4,500 to 5,000 GOP people at this event. This was 2 people. It got the response and attention commensurate with that.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #23 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

No...everyone doesn't know that. That's merely your conjecture at this point.

 

 

 

They didn't sweep it under the rug:

 

 

 

And they ejected them.

 

There are about 4,500 to 5,000 GOP people at this event. This was 2 people. It got the response and attention commensurate with that.

No this an ideal opportunity for Romney to take a stand and show that this won't be tolerated. Having a GOP spokesperson comment is not sufficient to send a strong message.

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #24 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

No this an ideal opportunity for Romney to take a stand and show that this won't be tolerated. Having a GOP spokesperson comment is not sufficient to send a strong message.

 

Maybe. Maybe not. This is 2 morons out of 4,500. I'd say that if he's even heard about it he, appropriately looks at it as an exception, an outlier. It's been dealt with...now move on to the bigger issues facing his campaign and the country. I understand that you democrats want to distract from the bigger issues facing the country because it doesn't work well for Obama's re-election and dig deep into these side shows because it takes away from the discussions that need to be happening. I get it.

 

The real irony here is the failure to call out senior Democrats (e.g., Clinton - Secretary of State, Biden - Vice-President, and Reid - Senate Majority Leader) for having made obviously racist comments in the past, calling for their resignations, calling for party leaders (which they actually are) to make a statement and example of them and clearly state this racism won't be tolerated.

 

So we have 2 morons engaging in an allegedly racist action of out about 4,500 Republicans at the heart of their convention and getting denounced and thrown out and you (and Berger) cite that as if it an example of the deep and wide racism of Republicans. Then we have multiple actually racist statements from three (or more) senior Democrats and this, somehow, is not an example of any wide and deep racism among Democrats.

 

Odd.


Edited by MJ1970 - 8/29/12 at 8:16am

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #25 of 37

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #26 of 37
Thread Starter 

 

Those last two are particularly amusing because that's the trump card isn't it? If the GOP does feature or include anyone of a different color, gender, ethnicity, etc. They're accused of doing so cynically and superficially.

 

This is similar in nature to the SPLC's apparent assumption that any violent crime or action against a minority must be of conservative origin because that's how they define conservatism or right-wing-ness.

 

When you define Republicans, conservatives and rightists (a priori) as racist, these are the only possible conclusion. This is the definition of prejudice.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #27 of 37

I think BR has a term for this.

 

These links are irrelevant, a way to distract from Romney's responsibilities. Besides, of course Romney can just stay silent if he chooses, but it sends the wrong message. Oh well, you and MJ can't see that, no surprise there really. But for once, I would have thought you could just drop the partisanship and see how Romney could have done his party a great deal of good here. That would have been leadership, instead we get silence.

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #28 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I think BR has a term for this.

 

Yes, he does when's being especially ironic and hypocritical.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

These links are irrelevant, a way to distract from Romney's responsibilities. Besides, of course Romney can just stay silent if he chooses, but it sends the wrong message.

 

Yes. I agree. Let's apply this standard across the board. Let's hear you (and others) plus senior Democratic leadership speak up on racist things said by their members. If they don't it sends the wrong message.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Oh well, you and MJ can't see that, no surprise there really.

 

It is you who cannot see.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

But for once, I would have thought you could just drop the partisanship and see how Romney could have done his party a great deal of good here. That would have been leadership, instead we get silence.

 

This has nothing to do with partisanship (except for you, BR and Berger). I don't give a shit about the GOP or even Romney. This is about your one-sided, biased, prejudice views not to mention inconsistency and hypocrisy on this subject not mention holding someone to an unreasonable standard for actions that you claim are racist.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #29 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

Maybe. Maybe not. This is 2 morons out of 4,500. I'd say that if he's even heard about it he, appropriately looks at it as an exception, an outlier. It's been dealt with...now move on to the bigger issues facing his campaign and the country. I understand that you democrats want to distract from the bigger issues facing the country because it doesn't work well for Obama's re-election and dig deep into these side shows because it takes away from the discussions that need to be happening. I get it.

 

The real irony here is the failure to call out senior Democrats (e.g., Clinton - Secretary of State, Biden - Vice-President, and Reid - Senate Majority Leader) for having made obviously racist comments in the past, calling for their resignations, calling for party leaders (which they actually are) to make a statement and example of them and clearly state this racism won't be tolerated.

 

So we have 2 morons engaging in an allegedly racist action of out about 4,500 Republicans at the heart of their convention and getting denounced and thrown out and you (and Berger) cite that as if it an example of the deep and wide racism of Republicans. Then we have multiple actually racist statements from three (or more) senior Democrats and this, somehow, is not an example of any wide and deep racism among Democrats.

 

Odd.

These examples are pathetic. What this man did was totally despicable and only aimed at her in that way because she was black. How many others are there who have the same prejudices? Romney needs to say something, it's that serious.

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #30 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

These examples are pathetic.

 

Yes they are. But we're still waiting for Democratic leadership to denounce them.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

What this man did was totally despicable...

 

Yes, it was. And he was immediately denounced and ejected for it.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

...and only aimed at her in that way because she was black.

 

This is your conjecture. You've provided no valid support for this claim.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

How many others there are there who have the same prejudices?

 

We don't know...but let's let that question and the implication it makes just hang out there.

 

How many other Democrats are there who have the same prejudices and Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton and Harry Reid?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Romney needs to say something, it's that serious.

 

Uh huh. :rolleyes: You appear to have detached from reality and all sense of proportion and priority. But I get it. In your position working for the Obama campaign, it is important to distract people from the real issues in order to help your guy get re-elected.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #31 of 37

Well isn't this a surprise?

 

"The recent NBC/Wall Street Journal poll registered what had to be a first ever for any candidate in any presidential election in modern times. The poll put GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney's share of the black vote at zero percent. At first glance that seems about right. Romney and his VP running mate Paul Ryan have singlehandedly done what few GOP presidential tickets have done and that's actively alienate black voters. Their plans to hack up Medicare, and Medicaid, downsize Social Security, gut the threadbare corporate and financial regulations, environmental protections, and their full throated assault on abortion rights will wreak untold misery among African-Americans."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/earl-ofari-hutchinson/romney-zero-percent_b_1826542.html?utm_hp_ref=elections-2012

 

 

"Rare is the time that a poll number makes me gasp. But there is one in the latest NBC News-Wall Street Journal poll that elicited one. While it was no surprise to see that President Obama snared 94 percent of African Americans surveyed, the presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney got nuthin’, zilch, niente, a big fat 0 percent."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/nbc-news-wsj-poll-romney-is-not-in-the-black--literally/2012/08/22/6ab57bf4-ec63-11e1-aca7-272630dfd152_blog.html

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #32 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

"The recent NBC/Wall Street Journal poll registered what had to be a first ever for any candidate in any presidential election in modern times. The poll put GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney's share of the black vote at zero percent. At first glance that seems about right. Romney and his VP running mate Paul Ryan have singlehandedly done what few GOP presidential tickets have done and that's actively alienate black voters. Their plans to hack up Medicare, and Medicaid, downsize Social Security, gut the threadbare corporate and financial regulations, environmental protections, and their full throated assault on abortion rights will wreak untold misery among African-Americans."

 

It is an interesting thought process indeed that arrives at this conclusion. Not a rational one, but an interesting one.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

It is an interesting thought process indeed that arrives at this conclusion. Not a rational one, but an interesting one.

 

Because, you know, all those policies the Republicans want to destroy have helped that group so much.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

1. The Tea Party need not be racist, but there platform attracts lots of racists. Read the YouTube comments from racists to get a good impression of why that is. Any video with a black person in it will do.

 

2. Of course not everyone who wants immigration control is racist, but the platform of "no amnesty" is music to the ears of the racists.

 

3. The left is most definitely not as extreme as the right. The right have been blowing people up and killing racial and religious minorities and gays for decades at a staggering rate. There's no contest. 

 

1.  So your evidence is the comments on YouTube videos?  lol.gif

 

2.  So because racists like something, that platform is wrong?  I bet racists like bacon too.  And batman.  Both must be racist things.  Right?  

 

3.  You're right that there is no contest.  The Left has a virtual monopoly on violent extremism, from trying to murder people at the FRC, to extreme environmentalists, to support for partial birth abortion.  The radical Left loves violence.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #35 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

 

Because, you know, all those policies the Republicans want to destroy have helped that group so much.

 

Well, it's not just that. There's the implication that havoc will be wreaked on the lives African American's if Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and abortion are changed from what they are now.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #36 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

There's no question that the right are more racist. There's racism in all groups from all sides, but the right have carved a niche for themselves, not just through the Tea Party, but generally wider in the party too. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I read what you posted and the links in the link. I think that the data may well be right. There are racists on the left and right, but the right are, and not just in America either, home to extremists who see themselves as needing much stronger immigration controls and laws in general that are not want minorities want

 

1.  Demonstrate the Tea Party is "racist."  

 

2.  Immigration controls do not automatically equal "racism."  In fact, the burden of proof is on the person accusing said law of being racist.  

 

3.  The Left is every bit as extreme.  In fact, unless you're talking about anti-goverment militia types, the Right doesn't come close to the Left's extremism.  

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2010/04/25/are-tea-partiers-racist.html

 

 

Quote:

Are Tea Partiers Racist?

 

Apr 25, 2010 8:00 PM EDT
 

A new study shows that the movement's supporters are more likely to be racially resentful.

 

 

Here's a link to the study : http://depts.washington.edu/uwiser/racepolitics.html

 

 

 

 

Also

 

 

Quote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/23/morgan-freeman-tea-party-racist_n_978123.html   Morgan Freeman: Tea Party Is Racist, They're Out To Get Obama

 

However it might surprise you that Joe Biden doesn't think so.

 

 

 

http://chronicle.com/article/Inherently-Violent-Why/125023/

 

Quote:
Why Conservatives Love War

Edited by jimmac - 8/30/12 at 6:43pm
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #37 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2010/04/25/are-tea-partiers-racist.html

 

 

 

Here's a link to the study : http://depts.washington.edu/uwiser/racepolitics.html

 

 

 

 

Also

 

 

 

However it might surprise you that Joe Biden doesn't think so.

 

 

 

http://chronicle.com/article/Inherently-Violent-Why/125023/

 

lol.gif

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Grand Racist Party?