or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple injunction hearing against Samsung scheduled for December
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple injunction hearing against Samsung scheduled for December - Page 2

post #41 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidell View Post

Would it make you feel better if nobody ever challenged your thoughts? 
Still waiting for this challenge....
post #42 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

And by the time that something gets banned, there will probably be newer models already on the market, which didn't exist when the case was first brought to court, as Android makers release a million different models each year. They truly practice the fine art of flinging shit to a wall, and seeing what sticks. 

 

It's too bad that Apple can't sue in advance. Apple should be able to file a motion to ban any new Samsung phone that gets released in 2012, even ones that don't yet exist today. And every time that a new Samsung phone comes out, Apple's lawyers can quickly figure out if that phone meets all of the criteria or not. 

True, the horse is bolt. Gone. Better worry about Galaxy 3. All items on an injunction list are now discontinued this part of the world.

post #43 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


I think you'd feel more at home on Engadget or C|Net.

Better move to Grockspeak even. Since RoughlyDrafted closed, all of Apple blowhards and demagogues have come here instead.

post #44 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post


Your scenario is the real victory forn Apple. Samsung is not leaving the market. Apple just wants to protect their distintiveness. The money will come any ways. If this does not fall on appeal AND Samsung continues to infringe, the penalties cover thos post trial sales also. The amounts go way up.

Will be for the best if the new TouchWiz arrives, now with something even Apple and Google have to give it another look.

 

How much this will affect Key Lime Pie you think?

post #45 of 68

Overturning a jury verdict where no gross errors of procedure were committed, and in which the jury (selected by Apple and Samsung) demonstrably followed the guidelines set by the judge?

 

GOOD LUCK.

 

There are a very limited number of kicks that Samsung can take at the legal can regarding these same claims, especially after a trial by jury. 

 

They'll either need to come up with a new set of claims, or prepare for an extremely difficult uphill battle that will very likely turn out to be a waste of time. 

 

Samsung went the distance with Apple and they lost. That's really all there is to it. A jury verdict is usually the end of the line. 

 

Their vow to "fight Apple" is just face-saving boilerplate. They can continue to *attempt* to battle Apple through the courts in other areas, but the implications of this ruling - to Samsung and others in the industry - are substantial, and won't change. 

post #46 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidell View Post

 

Would it make you feel better if nobody ever challenged your thoughts? 

 

I think he'd like an *intelligent challenge*.

 

Something tells me you're not up to it. 

post #47 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjb View Post

 

http://www.groklaw.net/why_we_are_a_bunch_of_losers_who_have_outlived_our_fifteen_minutes_of_fame

 

 Come back to your comment then.

 

 

Wasn't the SCO case over years ago, along with any relevance Groklaw may have once had?


Edited by hill60 - 8/29/12 at 7:03am
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #48 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

 

 

Also, there isn't a single article on the sites you mentioned (theVerge, engadget, cnet, etc) where the editors state they believe the jury was 'biased'. Unless you're going by commentators, in which case good luck with that. 

 

Well they have to come up with *something.* Even if it's making stuff up at random. 

post #49 of 68
Originally Posted by sapporobabyrtrns View Post

 

The empty chair next to Nokia is RIM's. He excused himself to go to the bathroom to smoke and steal answers from Microsoft's test.


Originally Posted by Fairthrope View Post
How much this will affect Key Lime Pie you think?

 

Oh, not at all. When Key Lime Pie comes out, its features will be exactly how it was always going to be and if anything has changed from old versions, that's because it's a natural progression of how the software was going to change in the first place.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #50 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Say what?
The bleating, whining posts of thousands of snot-nosed fanboys from which you can only surmise one thing:-
How do so many two year olds manage to type?

you're Republican aren't you?
post #51 of 68

So the problem is with the UI on top of Android and not the actual OS underneath?

 

Then if HTC regig its Sense and Samsung regig its TouchWiz so it won't violate iOS patents, both side can call a truce and go home?

 

I guess if there would be a lawsuit between Android OS and Apple, that would be another story for another time.

 

P.S. know another sweets that starts with K but not Key Lime Pie?

post #52 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post


you're Republican aren't you?

Democrats during Bush years did a lot worse than this. Been back to MoveOn.org lately? It is awful. Go take a look.

post #53 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post


you're Republican aren't you?

 

Nope, Australian.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #54 of 68

No reason for politics here.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #55 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairthrope View Post

So the problem is with the UI on top of Android and not the actual OS underneath?

 

Then if HTC regig its Sense and Samsung regig its TouchWiz so it won't violate iOS patents, both side can call a truce and go home?

 

I guess if there would be a lawsuit between Android OS and Apple, that would be another story for another time.

 

P.S. know another sweets that starts with K but not Key Lime Pie?

 

Knishes?

 

With sugar on them.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #56 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Nope, Australian.

best unexpected answer I've received in a while...hats off to you.
post #57 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Still waiting for this challenge....

 

You directed me to Engadget, an indication that I'd "fit in better" there, because while I'm here I question the status quo.

 

The point is that I'm challenging the mindset of the visitors of this site, not you specifically, or that I have some specific topic to argue with you about.

post #58 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidell View Post

 

 

The point is that I'm challenging the mindset of the visitors of this site,

 

To what end? To prove what, exactly?

post #59 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidell View Post

You directed me to Engadget, an indication that I'd "fit in better" there, because while I'm here I question the status quo.

No, you were referred to Engadget because that's where most of the mindless Apple-hating trolls hang out - so you'd fit in better there.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #60 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Apple 
[" url="/t/152193/apple-injunction-hearing-against-samsung-scheduled-for-december#post_2178193"]And by the time that something gets banned, there will probably be newer models already on the market, which didn't exist when the case was first brought to court, as Android makers release a million different models each year. They truly practice the fine art of flinging shit to a wall, and seeing what sticks. 

It's too bad that Apple can't sue in advance. Apple should be able to file a motion to ban any new Samsung phone that gets released in 2012, even ones that don't yet exist today. And every time that a new Samsung phone comes out, Apple's lawyers can quickly figure out if that phone meets all of the criteria or not. 

Sue in advance? This isn't Minority Report.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #61 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Knishes?

With sugar on them.

A knish with sugar? Mustard yes but never heard of sugar unless your version is different from mine.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #62 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairthrope View Post

Will be for the best if the new TouchWiz arrives, now with something even Apple and Google have to give it another look.

How much this will affect Key Lime Pie you think?

There's already a new Touch Wiz
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #63 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

 

The growklaw guy is well known to generally be anti-Apple.

 

What an ignorant comment! First, pj (Pamela Jones) from "growklaw [sic]" isn't a 'guy'. Second, pj may be 'anti software patent', but hardly 'anti-Apple' as you claim. Groklaw was resoundingly pro-Apple during the Psystar v. Apple case and even quoted here on AI.

post #64 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidell View Post

while I'm here I question the status quo.

 

WOW such a rebel! you go girl! Fight the man! do you wear a cape while you post here?

post #65 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


There's already a new Touch Wiz

So the version came with SIII won't infringe Apple's pattern now? Good. Then they can move on.

post #66 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


A knish with sugar? Mustard yes but never heard of sugar unless your version is different from mine.

Have another one? Key Lime Pie is still too long for a name and knish is a little hard to pronounce.

 

Which food encyclopedia Android team use for their version names? Can I see it?

post #67 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairthrope View Post

Have another one? Key Lime Pie is still too long for a name and knish is a little hard to pronounce.

Which food encyclopedia Android team use for their version names? Can I see it?

Lol, I hadn't read what you were replying to when you said knishes with sugar.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #68 of 68
Here an interesting talk about copying in general and how Apple sees it:

http://www.ted.com/talks/kirby_ferguson_embrace_the_remix.html

Cheers,
José
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple injunction hearing against Samsung scheduled for December