or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google Wallet functionality expanding to counter Apple's Passbook

Google Wallet functionality expanding to counter Apple's Passbook - Page 3

post #81 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Point 4 of Google's patent application:-

4. The method of claim 3, further comprising removing the text from the status bar after scrolling the text, and displaying in the status bar an icon that visually represents an application corresponding to the alert event.

http://www.google.com/patents/US20090249247

PS if you hold your phone flat you aren't really pulling, dropping or clicking anything down, more across, along, towards.

Across can still be up. A setting sun looks to be across from us but it's very much up.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
post #82 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Funny thing is that I don't even know why I'm arguing this point. I don't think Apple copied this at all. There's definitely prior art, I just think hill60 could've used a better example.

That was the earliest example of a "drop down" menu I could find.

Now we all know a little bit more about the flaws of the "Just wait until Google sues Apple over notifications" argument, espoused by some. 

A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
post #83 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Across can still be up. A setting sun looks to be across from us but it's very much up.

The edge of the Earth is moving up obscuring your view of the Sun which is staying relatively still.

post #84 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by NexusPhan View Post

Android's open source license requires acknowledging the source. Apple has not done that and is therefore in violation of google's work.

I don't believe amazon acknowledges the source.

post #85 of 86
Quote:

that's a pull down menu, not a notification pull down. and is this supposed to be prior art or does apple aleady have a patent? if prior art, well, jurors don't look at that, it might 'slow them down' (re: the recent samsung/apple case)

post #86 of 86
Quote:

The edge of the Earth is moving up obscuring your view of the Sun which is staying relatively still.

The Earth has edges? Since when?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google Wallet functionality expanding to counter Apple's Passbook