or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › HTC has no intention to settle with Apple in wake of Samsung loss
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HTC has no intention to settle with Apple in wake of Samsung loss - Page 4

post #121 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRCx View Post

again you are assuming people are buying android phones because they prefer them over IOS and not because they are cheaper or in many cases free, hmm $400 ipone which would suck my entire months paycheck away or a free android POS, well I guess ill settle with the android POS until I get promoted to drive through.

Keep repeating that to yourself until it matters.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #122 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


Keep repeating that to yourself until it matters.

lol I am not sure you even ready what I wrote, but if you think the low end smartphone market has no impact on android adoption numbers then you are delusional, the original question was popularity which I do not define as simply the largest quantity.

post #123 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRCx View Post

again you are assuming people are buying android phones because they prefer them over IOS and not because they are cheaper or in many cases free, hmm $400 ipone which would suck my entire months paycheck away or a free android POS, well I guess ill settle with the android POS until I get promoted to drive through.

 

No, I simply never assumed that 'popular' meant 'best' or 'expensive'. That is your conjecture. Since when was something that was 'cheap' no longer allowed to be 'popular'?

 

I really don't know how much clearer I can be considering I gave you the very definition of the word and the context I was using it in....

post #124 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRCx View Post

the original question was popularity which I do not define as simply the largest quantity.

 

Unfortunately the dictionary does not agree with you. Do I really need to quote a definition again???

post #125 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

 

Unfortunately the dictionary does not agree with you. Do I really need to quote a definition again???

If you feel it necessary, but feel free to post all the definations, including the one regarding favor and affection.

post #126 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRCx View Post

lol I am not sure you even ready what I wrote, but if you think the low end smartphone market has no impact on android adoption numbers then you are delusional, the original question was popularity which I do not define as simply the largest quantity.

I read every word, but every person that buys a cheap android phone and starts to invest in apps and such is more likely to buy a higher end Android phone than lose out on that investment by going with an iPhone. Just as many of you will be hard pressed to leave the Apple ecosystem should a 3rd player arise that's a serious competitor to the iPhone.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #127 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

 

Apparently you have been living in a cave the last week...

 

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/152042/motorolas-seven-patent-itc-complaint-against-apple-detailed

 

Of course. Google using Motorola to wield patents against others. That's why they purchased them. 

 

Quite frankly, at this point it just seems to be a lot of pissing in the wind by Moto . .  er um . . . "Google."

 

Until then, the haters can continue to concoct all manner of scenarios. 

 

Be sure to stay tuned for Apple's Christmas quarterly results. Should be quite exciting. New iPhone and all. And all the industry shake-up it will inevitably cause. Quite the opposite of fanciful concoctions and hasty puddings from haters. 

post #128 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezwax View Post

Once Apple break'em all then the only one left is our WALLET.   

 

 

 

Think different.

 

Thanks for those prophetic words it being your first post and all.

 

Think different?

 

Apple supporters have been forever.  We don't need your encouragement.  

 

Thanks for playing.

   I am long on my shares of AAPL at $37.00

Reply

   I am long on my shares of AAPL at $37.00

Reply
post #129 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

 

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not. Are you asking what type of recent events are displayed at the top of the screen? Text, emails, etc...

 

Yes, on the status bar of my Galaxy Nexus there are small triangles with exclamation marks, envelope icons and other small icons indicating notifications.

 

On my iPhone there is nothing but the usual icons indicating network, battery status etc and nothing indicating that there are notifications present.

 

The description in Google's patent application, which I quoted from WakeFinance's earlier post is quite specific on this.

 

The relevant section, just so there's no confusion:- "includes displaying, in a status area near a perimeter of a graphical interface, a notification of a recent alert event for a mobile device".

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #130 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


I read every word, but every person that buys a cheap android phone and starts to invest in apps and such is more likely to buy a higher end Android phone than lose out on that investment by going with an iPhone. Just as many of you will be hard pressed to leave the Apple ecosystem should a 3rd player arise that's a serious competitor to the iPhone.

Finally an intelligent response, that is a fair point but again its assuming that a majority would stick with android, who has a weaker eco system and lower customer satisfaction I am not going to go surfing for references because I don't really care, but there are alot of articles out there comparing IOS and Android retention rates and most of the ones i have seen show a big difference.

post #131 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

 

No, I simply never assumed that 'popular' meant 'best' or 'expensive'. That is your conjecture. Since when was something that was 'cheap' no longer allowed to be 'popular'?

 

I really don't know how much clearer I can be considering I gave you the very definition of the word and the context I was using it in....

 

If there's a lot of influenza about, does that make it "popular"?

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #132 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

If there's a lot of influenza about, does that make it "popular"?

lol it does if you define it the way he did.

 

On a different note, I like the comparison of andriod and the flu =)

post #133 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

 

Ask the mods over there why they allow the level of trolling they do. MR is a haven for anti-Apple trolls that *actually* spend their time camping an Apple-centric website. 

 

When enough of them whine because they have nothing left in the tank, the mods respond. 

 

Simple as that. The mods need to address the concerns of those hitting the report button. When it's all the trolls doing it, the result is inevitable. 

 

I've gotten permabanned from MR, because of responding to the trolls and calling them out for their bullshit. 90% of the comments after each articles are anti-Apple: Nasty, sarcastic, hateful, snarky comments towards the company. The people that actually like Apple and its products there are a minority. 

post #134 of 151

Nope, you've misunderstood me. Since we ALL know MOST Apple Idevice users are MORE affluent and MORE intelligent than other smartphone users, they CAN AFFORD to buy an UNLOCKED Idevices. So, why do you GIVE your money for free? Telcos are NOT non-profit charity organizations. Affluent people USUALLY are very smart with their money, and IF they give money away for charity, usually they want to get some TAX BREAK in return, even for a dime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


Oh I get it, you say no to some sweet trim because it's too expensive to take the girl out, why do that when you can get the same thing from some $5 crack ho.

Edited by mcrs - 8/29/12 at 5:27pm
post #135 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

If there's a lot of influenza about, does that make it "popular"?

 

Do you consider influenza to be "widely accepted"?

 

I'm hardly the first individual to consider 'most popular' to be synonymous with 'most used'. Let's look at some of the others who agree with my verbage.

 

TechCrunch

LA Times

Nielsen

Huffington Post

CS Monitor

PC World

International Business Times

 

I could go on with this list all day as there are literally thousands more.... 

post #136 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

 

Do you consider influenza to be "widely accepted"?

 

I'm hardly the first individual to consider 'most popular' to be synonymous with 'most used'. Let's look at some of the others who agree with my verbage.

 

TechCrunch

LA Times

Nielsen

Huffington Post

CS Monitor

PC World

International Business Times

 

I could go on with this list all day as there are literally thousands more.... 

 

Yeah, I guess you are right, Influenza's highest period of "popularity" seemed to die off around 1918-19.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #137 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrs View Post

Nope, you've misunderstood me. Since we ALL know MOST Apple Idevice users are MORE affluent and MORE intelligent than other smartphone users, they CAN AFFORD to buy an UNLOCKED Idevices. So, why do you GIVE your money for free? Telcos are NOT non-profit charity organizations. Affluent people USUALLY are very smart with their money, and IF they give money away for charity, usually they want to get some TAX BREAK in return, even for a dime.

Show me a breakdown of iPhone owners and their intelligence plus income level over Android owners.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #138 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


Show me a breakdown of iPhone owners and their intelligence plus income level over Android owners.

show me a breakdown to the contrary

post #139 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

Yeah, I guess you are right, Influenza's highest period of "popularity" seemed to die off around 1918-19.

 

I really hope your not an English teacher over there in Australia....

post #140 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRCx View Post

show me a breakdown to the contrary

You're the one making claims of the affluence and intelligence of iDevice owners. The burden of proof is on you. How did you come to know everything you claim?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #141 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

 

I really hope your not an English teacher over there in Australia....

Nah, philosophy

 

 

- Bruce

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #142 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


You're the one making claims of the affluence and intelligence of iDevice owners. The burden of proof is on you. How did you come to know everything you claim?

I am stating my opinion based on what I see around me, friends, family, co workers, peoples reaction to android in general, blogs I read, and yes the many trolls that come on here. I don't need to prove anything to you, and I welcome your counter claim, but don't go around asking for proof when you have none to the contrary, there is no burden on anyone.

 

As I said, the Android market is flooded with lower end (throw away) phones that are either dirt cheap or free with contract, the masses buy them because of that fact. On the highly unlikely chance that Apple ever makes a giveaway phone and floods the market with them, then ill debate you on which brand is more popular.

post #143 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRCx View Post

I am stating my opinion based on what I see around me, friends, family, co workers, peoples reaction to android in general, blogs I read, and yes the many trolls that come on here. I don't need to prove anything to you, and I welcome your counter claim, but don't go around asking for proof when you have none to the contrary, there is no burden on anyone.

As I said, the Android market is flooded with lower end (throw away) phones that are either dirt cheap or free with contract, the masses buy them because of that fact. On the highly unlikely chance that Apple ever makes a giveaway phone and floods the market with them, then ill debate you on which brand is more popular.

Show me where I made a counter claim? Now all of a sudden you're back peddling from "We ALL know..." to "my opinion". Btw the 3GS is that very giveaway phone.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #144 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


Show me where I made a counter claim? Now all of a sudden you're back peddling from "We ALL know..." to "my opinion". Btw the 3GS is that very giveaway phone.

I think you have me confused with someone else, I never said "we all" in any of my posts, the 3gs was once apples top smartphone too, its an outdated product (which has proven itself during its time) and not a low end junk phone, when apple starts making "NEW" giveaway phones in various shapes and sizes then ill debate you on popularity.. is that better?

 

The funny thing here is all I have said was that I feel people buy android crap phones because they are cheap not because they prefer them to IOS, that is my opinion which I never stated as fact, your only rebuttle is that you disagree and I should prove my claim.

 

You seem offended by the fact that I believe poor people pick up low end Android phones out of necessity or ignorance and not because they prefer the platform to IOS. I think you are taking this way too personally and should go back to your argument of android retention stemming from low end smartphones, which was a far more compelling argument.

post #145 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

I really hope your not an English teacher over there in Australia....

You're

iPhone 5 64GB, iPhone 4S 16GB, mid-2011 iMac, Apple TV 2nd Gen, iPod Nano

Reply

iPhone 5 64GB, iPhone 4S 16GB, mid-2011 iMac, Apple TV 2nd Gen, iPod Nano

Reply
post #146 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRCx View Post

I think you have me confused with someone else, I never said "we all" in any of my posts, the 3gs was once apples top smartphone too, its an outdated product (which has proven itself during its time) and not a low end junk phone, when apple starts making "NEW" giveaway phones in various shapes and sizes then ill debate you on popularity.. is that better?

The funny thing here is all I have said was that I feel people buy android crap phones because they are cheap not because they prefer them to IOS, that is my opinion which I never stated as fact, your only rebuttle is that you disagree and I should prove my claim.

You seem offended by the fact that I believe poor people pick up low end Android phones out of necessity or ignorance and not because they prefer the platform to IOS. I think you are taking this way too personally and should go back to your argument of android retention stemming from low end smartphones, which was a far more compelling argument.

Yes you are correct, I mistook you for mrcs, apologies. I didn't say the 3GS was junk, just at it's current price it is meant for the lower end market. And trust me I know plenty of so called poor people and many of them have iPhones and Android retention is 70% while the iPhone retention is 80%. Not as far off as you imagine.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #147 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

And with it comes an entirely new family of trolls who will do nothing but copy and paste the same arguments that Samsung trolls copied and pasted. 

 

 

TEKSTUD / Zither / ConradJoe / JerrySwitched won't stay down.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidell View Post

Death to HTC! Death to Samsung! Death to Microsoft! Death to RIM!

 

/Fitting right in here.

 

Not fooling anyone.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #148 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryA View Post


You're

 

Touché

post #149 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by majjo View Post

Apple will have a hard time design-wise against HTC. HTC has been doing the large-screen monolithic phone for a long time:

Wasn't HTC a Foxxcon of its time; the contract manufacturer to go?

 

Anyone remember how it got a big break and become the first proper Android handset band for the U.S. market?

post #150 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

TEKSTUD / Zither / ConradJoe / JerrySwitched won't stay down.

They are necessary to keep page views up and money rolling in. No, they must not die if AI is to stay open.

 

Perhaps MacRumour allow that amount of trolling because it is so starve for cash, so anything is allowed to keep the traffic?

post #151 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


Yes you are correct, I mistook you for mrcs, apologies. I didn't say the 3GS was junk, just at it's current price it is meant for the lower end market. And trust me I know plenty of so called poor people and many of them have iPhones and Android retention is 70% while the iPhone retention is 80%. Not as far off as you imagine.

Because used iPhone market grow up and take care of their needs no? Used 3GS can be had for the price of entry-level Android handset now.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › HTC has no intention to settle with Apple in wake of Samsung loss