or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Want to know how Republicans and Democrats will run the country? Observe their national conventions.

Want to know how Republicans and Democrats will run the country? Observe their national conventions. - Page 3

post #81 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Are you going to continue littering this thread with irrelevant and meaningless "factoids"?

That's your opinion.  

Note, *MJ-trademarked reply comes free with MJ-trademarked sneer*

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #82 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

The GOP is objectively worse.  The Democrats didn't hold the country hostage over a completely fabricated noncrisis.  The Democrats didn't hide the true cost of two wars and then cry foul when the money was actually accounted for in the yearly budget.  These are facts.  Anyone who does attempt to push a false-reality, a revisionist history with no connection to the observable world--those folks are either liars or idiots.  

LOL.  The Democrats "passed" as motion that clearly failed.  In public.  3 times.  The delegates booed and hissed putting "God-given" back in the platform, as well as declaring Jerusalem the capital of Israel.  Villaraigosa was stunned and looked like an idiot during the whole thing.   It's amazing how a party that, in terms of the campaign and convention in 2008, did everything right...failed so badly.  He's going to lose.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #83 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

LOL.  The Democrats "passed" as motion that clearly failed.  In public.  3 times.  The delegates booed and hissed putting "God-given" back in the platform, as well as declaring Jerusalem the capital of Israel.  Villaraigosa was stunned and looked like an idiot during the whole thing.   It's amazing how a party that, in terms of the campaign and convention in 2008, did everything right...failed so badly.  He's going to lose.  

Yes, SDW.  I made a thread about that already.  Seems ironic that you make a big deal of this but just a few days ago laughed off the Ron Paul convention fiasco.  Hypocrite.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #84 of 98
Quote:

Yes, SDW.  I made a thread about that already.  Seems ironic that you make a big deal of this but just a few days ago laughed off the Ron Paul convention fiasco.  Hypocrite.

Says the guy who continues to support his party after their shenanigans.

Why does nobody have the guts to stop supporting what they know to be wrong?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #85 of 98

I am not a registered Democrat.  They are not my party.  I accept the mathematical reality of a winner-takes-all system and am voting against the person who least represents my views.  Nice strawman you made of me.  I should come to expect that from you.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #86 of 98

Hey, you're the one throwing around the word hypocrite. You're not a registered Democrat, but you're voting for their guy in spite of all the crap they pull. You might as well be a registered Democrat.

It should be obvious by now that voting for the lesser of two evils doesn't work. Ever. So stop it.

post #87 of 98

You don't understand the mathematical reality of a winner-takes-all system.  The spoiler effect cost this country far too much: eight years of Bush.  Sorry for being pragmatic.  I have a hard time with magical thinking--something that you appear to do quite easily.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #88 of 98

You're the one doing the same thing (voting for the "lesser of two evils") and expecting different results. You and SDW call it being pragmatic. I call it insanity.

post #89 of 98

I'm voting for the person who I have more in common with and against the one who wants to destroy workers' rights, the social safety net, and many other things I hold dear.  It's not a tough decision and I don't feel bad.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #90 of 98

GOP strategist (will likely be called out as not really a conservative) says Clinton's speech won the election.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/05/alex-castellanos-obama-clinton_n_1859947.html

Too early, but wow.  They were complaining that it was too long?  Short attention spans?

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #91 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

GOP strategist (will likely be called out as not really a conservative) says Clinton's speech won the election.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/05/alex-castellanos-obama-clinton_n_1859947.html

Too early, but wow.  They were complaining that it was too long?  Short attention spans?

Which election? If I remember people aren't voting for Bill this time around.

post #92 of 98

That is Romney all the way. Destroyer of what we people worked for all our lives RIGHTS! People will wake up and see Romney is for the RICH and always will be.

post #93 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

That is Romney all the way. Destroyer of what we people worked for all our lives RIGHTS! People will wake up and see Romney is for the RICH and always will be.

Or they might wake up and see that their children have no opportunity to get rich because the entitlement and regulation state has taken the dream away.

post #94 of 98

DNC delegates locked out of their own convention.

https://twitter.com/Milbank/status/243512990664646656

https://twitter.com/mattspencedc/status/243515042606231554

https://twitter.com/NicoHines/status/243513504156504064

DWS, explains why the Democrats had to lock the doors and fix their platform with three voice votes that magically lacked any discord.

Edited by trumptman - 9/6/12 at 5:40am

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #95 of 98
Quote:

The debt ceiling and the national debt are two very different things that were intentionally conflated to manufacture a crisis...

Only in your partisan imagination. They are not "very different things." They are very closely related to each other. The Republicans tried (for the first time in a long time) to force some fiscal restraint and sense. They attempted to use the rapidly approaching debt "ceiling" as a means to do so. You call that "manufacturing a crisis," I call it trying to be wise. They failed (of course). This tactic was absolutely no different from the tactics used by the current Democrats on the stimulus bill, the health care bill, etc. And that's the real point here: Your convenient blindness (or rationalization) with the Democrats and immediate assumption of evil with the Republicans, You may not be a "registered Democrat" but that's merely a matter of paperwork.

Edited by MJ1970 - 9/6/12 at 6:46am

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #96 of 98
Quote:

That's your opinion.  

Note, *MJ-trademarked reply comes free with MJ-trademarked sneer*

Actually, it was a question (and an accusation). But notably no one is defending or explaining the meaningfulness of these factoids. They're just dropped in like a stink bomb and left to carry their poster's implication without support or explanation. lol.gif

post #97 of 98
Quote:

I'm not making a big deal of it.  It simply find it amusing and somewhat surprising.  As I said, how can everything go so badly compared to four years ago?  As for the two situations, they aren't comparable.  One was a procedural matter that regardless of outcome, would have no impact on the party or the nominee.  The other was a public vote on the official platform of the Democratic Party.  Not only did it clearly fail according to their 2/3 voice vote rules (3 times), many delegates were booing and hissing at both the Jerusalem language and the "God-given talents" language.  Yeah, that went well.  No PR disaster there! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

LOL.  Quick...somehow look up "wishful thinking" and "overstatement" and see if Berg's picture is there...

post #98 of 98

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Want to know how Republicans and Democrats will run the country? Observe their national conventions.